Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry Lease Questions

Comments

• santacruznsantacruzn Member Posts: 1
    My parents who are well up in their years signed a lease agreement for a 2011 Toyota Camry at the end of the model year. The dealership was advertising "huge discounts" on all 2011 models.
    My Dad "fell in love" with the car and started expressing his desire to buy the car before any negotiations started. The salesman must have realized he had a live on on the hook and not only didn't offer them a discount but he worked the numbers so the lease price was about $4,000 higher than the MSRP.

I understand the supreme law: " BUYER BEWARE ". But is it possible that some law was broken whether leasing law or elder law that some action can be taken to lessen the pain?
  • dhyun3dhyun3 Member Posts: 13
    Would appreciate if anyone can post money factor as well as residual value for 2013 Camry (12k/36).
    Thanks,
  • andrew1973andrew1973 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have to hand my leased Camry in. I will plan to lease a new Camry but not interested in buying at the end of the lease. I will just lease again. If that is what I expect to do with reasonable certainty, why should I not only care about the lowest monthly payment? Right now they are saying I can pay below current $303 monthly payment and nothing do at signing. Any advice on why I may be looking at this wrong and certainly do care about residual, money factor, etc, I'd love any advice.

Here are specs on current car I had for 3 years:
    Miles: 16,893
    Model: Camry 2011, LE
    gross capitalized cost: $25800
    residual value" $17,800
  • thebenzthebenz Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2013
    I'm working on turning in my 2011 Camry SE V4 lease 5 months early as I want to get into a more powerful 2013 Camry SE V6.
    In Orange County, CA- visited Power Toyota today and was offered the national lease rate of $279/month with zero down, and pay for the additional cost of the more expensive V6 model over the national deal for an SE V4. Dealer pays 1st month of 36 month lease, I pay for T, T & Licensing Fees on drive-off. Dealer assumes the balance of my 5 lease payments so I am done with the existing TFS Lease. The estimate I was given w/out taxes was $345/month.

What's a good deal for structuring the 2013 SE V6? I don't need all the upgrade packages but there's probably only a few anyways so they might have to work with me on my preferred Silver/Black combo. I assume there could be a little more room but can't gauge what a good deal factoring in for the additional monthly charges over the $279/month rate for a v4 should be.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Just a note - there is no such thing as a "v4" engine. It is an I4 (in-line 4 cylinder). Most 6 cylinders in midsize cars are V6 (3 cylinders on each side of the crankshaft in the shape of a V). :)
    I meant 4 cylinders and 6 cylinders, but would prefer real answers to my question vs. pointing out semantics :)
    edited March 2013
    Just completed my 3 year lease deal at Toyota of Redlands, whom I leased my last car with, a 2011 Camry SE V4.
    This time, I got the 2013 Camry SE V6 (Yes, Mr. mcdawgg, even Toyota labels it as "V6"), Silver exterior/leather trim w/black fabric cloth. Just what I wanted.
    Fully loaded except for heated seats and lane alert.
    Beautiful car, couldn't be happier and the extra power is much appreciated over the V4.

They took back my existing Lease on a trade in with 5 payments left; $299/month plus tax, OTD with first month's and registration fees.

This is the dealer to see if you're in SoCal. PM for details if you want.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    edited March 2013
    No, I agree that the 6 cylinder is a "V6". If you look back, I said there is no "V4". What I was trying to do is correct calling the 4 cylinder a "V4" because it is not. It is an inline 4 cylinder. You can't buy a "V4" engine in a Toyota, or almost any car, as they are almost all "inline" 4 cylinders, or I4, NOT V4.

Just trying to point this out to help. It helps to be as knowledgeable as possible on things, and telling the salesperson you want a "V4" could label you as someone who doesn't know much about cars.

The 6 cylinders have 3 cylinders on one side of the crankshaft, and 3 on the otherside, in a V shape, with the bottom of the V being the crankshaft.

The I4 has 4 cylinders in a row, all right above the crankshaft, not at an angle.

Don't want to offend, just educate.
  • pandtpandt Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car_man,

Any updated info on MF and residual for 2013 Camry XLE hybrid on a 36 month 15K lease?

Thanks
  • voicemailkingvoicemailking Member Posts: 83
    Toyota Leases in Florida, thru South east Toyota Financing, (SETF), Do they include gap insurance? At one time I was told all leases in Florida had gap, but now I do not know. Please advise, thanks!
  • hsuhhsuh Member Posts: 3
    Hi.
    I just leased a 2013 Camry SE 4-cyl (36 Month/12k) for $225 OTD (no down/tax & fees all included). I didn't get any special options, I just preferred the SE over the LE for the alloy wheels. Can anyone tell me if that's a good deal or has anyone seen cheaper?
  • g0ldil0xg0ldil0x Member Posts: 1
    This sounds like an amazing deal. Are u sure there are no hidden fees?
  • hsuhhsuh Member Posts: 3
    No hidden fees. I actually returned my lease 2011 Camry LE with 1 payment left and signed yesterday.
  • brcarbrcar Member Posts: 54
    Carman (or anyone else),

Could you please provide the money factor and residual for Camry LE and SE for a 36 month 12k mile lease.

Also, are there any cash incentive currently offered? I saw something about $750 lease bonus cash.

Thank you
  • luvmycar1234luvmycar1234 Member Posts: 5
    friends,
    i am looking for camry xle 2013 with leather package. getting a quote of 26500 , and lease payment of 320 with 0 down, and 12k/year, 36 months. This is in north NJ. how is the offer comparing ?
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    What's the msrp?
    MSRP 29500, 4 cylinder, no navigation or blind spot monitor
  • amitdhamijaamitdhamija Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    I am getting the 2013 Camry Hybrid LE (MSRP 27160) for 250/mo including taxes with 600 drive off (includes registration and first month payment). This is for 12k, 36 mo lease. Is this a good deal?
    Do you know what the money factor was? The cap cost? The residual value? Please share. I'm looking for xle 4 cylinder with blind spot feature.
    edited June 2013
    This looks good deal based upon my current research. I could only got upto 320 for camry XLE with MSRP of 29000.
  • lazy_melazy_me Member Posts: 15
    A month ago lease LE model for $1500 down, $170/month w/taxes, 36 month, 12k/year. Not bad, huh? Should've been taking 15k though but too late now.
    Could you provide the details of this deal?

Was was the MSRP and sale price?

What options were included on the car?

What were the fees?

Thanks
    money factor 0.00001 (but i know i was charged a little more since with the money factor i mentioned, the payments come even lower using lease calculator), adjusted cap cost: 24020.92 (includes bank fee of 650), residual: 16468.

hope this helps!
    Gross Capitalized cost 20500, residual 14000
    MSRP - have no idea, don't care.
    No additional options were included - just bare car.
    $1500 included all fees and first month payment.
    no offense, by any means, but knowing and posting the msrp would help others on this site when they make offers.
    I was too lazy to check, sorry. MSRP is 24140. And it is in MA.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi brcar. Toyota's lease program for this car varies depending upon which one of its many regions you are in. Toyota is providing money factors as low as .00001 for Tier 1+ customers on the 2013 Camry in many areas right now. That's about 0% interest on a lease, which is as good as it gets.

The cash incentives that are available on leases of the 2013 Camry also vary by region. There is $750 in certain regions, but there is as much as $1,500 and as little as $200 in other areas.

What state are you in?

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I am in NJ

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it.
  • antoniusantonius Member Posts: 39
    i would like details to this deal since i am thinking about going back there also.
    what details do you need beyond what's posted?
    I didn't realize there's no Private Mail, but LMK.
  • bunkscbunksc Member Posts: 11
    2013 Camry SE Automatic 36 mo/12k miles. The only option on this car is the 8 way drivers seat which is $440.

Payments: $242-$247/mo with $1,139 down
    ($500 Toyota Loyalty Coupon and $639 for closing fee, plate fee, and tax).

Money Factor: .00092 / Residual $17,304.08

MSRP: 25,826.98
    Vehicle Price: $23,700
    Trade-In: $18,500.00* (my RAV4 lease is up)
    Adj Price: $5,200
    Plate fee: $39
    Closing Fee: $299
    Tax: $300.00

Delivered Price: 24,213.

* This dealership told me that my payoff is $18,375 but they are giving me $18,500. That was a red flag so when I got home I called SETF and confirmed my pay off is $18,785.

This will be my 3rd consecutive lease with this dealership. The F&I guy said he remembered me from my last lease because I spent the whole day there negotiating - that's pretty sad. I am trying to get a lower pymt w/o putting more money down. Guess I will make some internet contacts today with dealership in the next town.
  • maudlin2001maudlin2001 Member Posts: 37
    I am looking to Lease a 2013 Camry Hybrid LE (Ford Fusion Hybrid other option) plus a Toyota Sienna LE lease

Can anyone provide any offers they have seen recently in Florida/ South east on 12K/yr-36Mo?
    The dealer is adamant they cant offer same price on lease as sale. How much should I let go extra compared to what cash sale prices are when calculating lease payment.

MF is 0.00045 and residual is 63%

Also any recommendation if the Excess Wear and Tear package offered for 595+tax is worth?
  • nmikmiknmikmik Member Posts: 3
    Can some advise what should be the actual price and payment on the lease for the Camry LE 12k a year, no money down MF .00001 MSRP $27160.00 SoCal region.
    I am getting confusing messages/prices from dealers from $279 +tax to $319 +tax
    both are asking for the 1st mo payment + tax, license and registration.
    The first one is obviously closer to the advertized special, but still not sure why am i suppose to come up with money down (1st payment etc) if the Toyota ad does not state that. Also is there dealer or cash incentives in Southern California?
    Thanks for the info!
    car_man ? :shades:
    Hi amitdhamija,
    you mentioned you are getting the Camry LE Hybrid for $250 etc. Thanks for the info, did you end up actually getting it? The deals sounds almost too good to be true, at least from where I am at :)
    Hi

Yes, I was able to get that deal in SoCal (AutoNation Irvine) for $250/month including taxes for Camry Hybrid LE.
    Thanks for your answer and WOW, that's impressive. I was able to only get down to 269 in San Diego. I guess the Irvine dealers are more competitive. That's like $720 difference in price of a lease term. Was your residual at $16468?
    Good for you :)
    Yea, residual was $16468 for 12k/year for 36 months. It should be pretty much the same, though dealers sometime change the residual value to give a better lower monthly payment.
  • robbinedinrobbinedin Member Posts: 2
    I am getting lease quote of $255 on LE for 24mths 12k miles(it includes all taxes and everything) . is this a good deal. i may/may not buy at the end. mostly not.

wanted to know if this is a good deal.

Retail
    Vehicle Base Model ....................: $ 22680.00
    Total Accessories .....................: $ 734.00

Destination Charge ..........................: $ 795.00

Total Msrp.......................................:$ 24209.00
  • alex801alex801 Member Posts: 69
    edited July 2013
    Can some one please comment on this offer? Good, bad, can do better? No out of pocket. Just trade in and $189 for 35 month. TIA

Cap Cost===> Selling Price = $23,758
    Money factor===> .00075
    Residual (@15,000 miles)===> .64%
    Trade Allowance $3,500 (2002 Camre SE)
    36 months 15,000 miles ==$178 plus tax $189

Series: Camry
    Model: SE 2546 - 4 Door SE Sedan
    Model Year: 2013
    Exterior: Classic Silver Metallic
    Interior: Black/Ash 2 Tone Fabric
    Estimated Pricing*
    MSRP
    Base $23,400.00
    Options $3,137.00
    Manuf. Delv, Proc, & Hndlg $860.00
    Total $27,397.00
    Base - the price for the vehicle, prior to options and manuf. delv, proc & hndlg fees.
    Options - the amount of optional equipment (accessories and packages) installed on the vehicle.
    Manuf. Delv, Proc & Hndlg - Delivery, Processing & Handling - the fee that is paid by the Dealer to the Manufacturer to cover the cost of transporting the vehicle to the dealership.
    Admin - the Administrative Fee is a charge paid by the Dealer to Southeast Toyota, the regional distributor, and is used for the regional dealer support programs.

MSRP
    50 State Emissions $0
    6-Gallons of Gas $0
    8-Way Power Adjustable Driver's Seat $440
    Carpet Mats w/Lipped Trunk Mat $399
    Leather Faced Seats (Georgetown) $1,599
    Southeast Toyota Distributor Plus $0
    Certified Technician 46 Point,
    Final Quality Inspection,
    Digital Picture Asset Program
    TOYOGUARD(R) Elite $699
    Customer Care Includes:
    Roadside Assistance, Rental Car Assistance
    Emergency Towing, Vehicle VIN Etch
    Exterior Paint Sealant, Interior Sealant
    Two Traditional Oil Changes, or One Synthetic
    Oil change & Filter Change at Any S.E.T. Dealer
    Two Tire Rotations, All New TOYOGUARD(R)
    Personal Assistant
    All new TOYOGUARD(R) Auto Care Kit
  • kenmarckenmarc Member Posts: 16
    Can anyone provide lease details on 2013 TCH XLE 36mo/12k for Colorado?

Dealer is telling me:

Money factor = .0001
    Residual = 55%

The MF is great, but I thought the residual would be higher?
  • nobody317nobody317 Member Posts: 3
    I've been trying to get an accurate residual % (Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, Kentucky) on a 2013 Camry Hybrid XLE (36mos/12k) but not one of the 17+ dealers will ever give me an actual percentage. They keep spewing out the exact same residual value regardless of multiple MSRPs.

(This of course makes no sense to me because it seems that a base hybrid XLE shouldn't have the same value as a "loaded" hybrid XLE after 3 years... Or does it?)

All I want is the residual percentage on a 2013 Camry Hybrid XLE (36mos/12k)
  • kenmarckenmarc Member Posts: 16
    Funny, I had the same problem. I finally got the numbers from a straight up dealership in Colorado (Stapp Interstate Toyota):

36mo/12k

TCH XLE (regardless of options) = 59%

MF = .00001
    Thanks for the information, kenmarc.

Of course now I'm more confused. I just got a quote (from Ohio) on a TCH XLE, pretty loaded (great price) and it says the residual is $18,555 (MSRP $33,035) and that comes out to 56.17% which not only seems low but is quite an odd percentage...

I'm glad you found a decent dealership. There doesn't seem to be very many...
  • glgeddesglgeddes Member Posts: 12
    Hi Carman, can you tell me the lease rates and rebates for a 2013 Camry LE, 36 months and 10k/year, and based out of Irvine, CA (92625)?

Thanks!
  • hause415hause415 Member Posts: 1
    I will be going in today to trade my 2012 Prius in on a 2013 Camry hybrid XLE and wanted to ask if the dealer was giving me the correct residual on the 2013 Camry hybrid XLE? So the money factor I was quoted was 0.00001 which is awesome but the residual they gave me on a fully loaded XLE ($35,607) was $17,745, which to me seems very low given all the posts saying it should be 55-59%. This comes out to 49-50%. Should I ask for a higher residual?
    That seems too low to me as well.
    Last month or so I was getting residual quotes on Camry Hybrid XLE (MSRP $33,105) at $18,555. Percentage should be over 56%.

However since the 2014's are now available, I'm not sure if that affects the residuals on 2013's. It might...

Just get a couple other quotes on a lease from nearby dealerships (via email). They should all match on the residual.
  • bigbutrbigbutr Member Posts: 111
    It could be the lease program they are using. I got numbers today on the 2014 Camry XLE Hybrid:
    Special Lease Program: 67% residual on 12K miles a year, 65% on 15K a year. MF was .000197 (not as good as one quoted on '13 which was .000113)

Standard Lease Program: Utilize $1,000 dealer cash, 57% residual and MF was .000239 (2013 is $2500 dealer cash and MF was .000183)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Toyota doesn't residualize all of their options... Each unit has it's own specific residual.. The higher the trim line, and the more options the car has, the farther the actual residual seems to get from the stated residual percentage..

Residuals are not negotiable, but the dealer should be able to show you the residual for each unit.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• new57new57 Member Posts: 11
    hi,

can i get the residual/mf for a 36/15K camry se in florida (setf market)?

thank you
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    .00197 MF and $1250 in dealer cash....

But, I don't have the residuals....

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.