Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Toyota RAV4 Lease Questions

Comments

• nickc3nickc3 Member Posts: 17
    Just got offer for 36/36 lease...

Rav-4 Base with Options Package
    for 296/Month nothing down except MV Fees.

Sounds very decent to me...what do you think? Going in later today to get Money Factor, etc. from quotes I received, all local toyota dealers arrive around the same price range on monhtly payment.

I was going to buy an Outback, but I figured I can't go wrong with a lease of a RAV-4 for my purposes (hauling the kids aronund town)....last months' lease price wasn't worth it....this (I think) is a no brainer. THoughts?
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    don't know where you live but its almost like toyota is giving the rav away on a lease right now. in the chicago area its $179 a month with a $750 down payment plus ttl-i think the cost was a little over $6400 for a 3 year lease. but, are these cars safe?
    actually....my latest offer is

Rav 4 SPORT No money down - just DMV and 1st Payment = $270 Seems like a steal to me.
  • cjkbme2wcjkbme2w Member Posts: 82
    What dealer are you getting this from?

$270 per month with only first months payment is a steal.
  • ygthomasygthomas Member Posts: 1
    I have a Toyoto 2007 Rav 4 leasing. Can I make a deal on a lease car to buy?
  • ksuh2000ksuh2000 Member Posts: 5
    Just got a 2010 RAV 4 basic with AWD for
    $285/mo with NO MONEY down even incl DMV fee, tax, GAP ins and 1st payment.
    36 mo with 12,000 mile per year.
    The dealer is in NJ
  • va77va77 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for a RAV4 V4 Sport lease deals , online I found $300 down and $199 PM this must be for BASE . Can I get $199 for RAV4 Sport ?
  • bergenbergen Member Posts: 7
    hi

Could you let me know which dealership was this? I was looking similar deals in Northern NJ/Rockland-NY area.
    I won't make him feel bad and share the sick deal I just got on Limited. I also had gotten quotes for the Sport that blow that deal away.

Get an internet quote from Rockland Toyota...you'll be impressed at what they can come up with. I closed my deal the other day...
  • cg27288cg27288 Member Posts: 4
    Hello - I just got this email from a dealer regarding the lease of a 2010 RAV4. I live in Connecticut. Thoughts on this? All I requested was a quote and I received it pretty quickly. The quote I asked for is the Sport version (4 cyl, AWD) with the Extra Value Package. Here's the email...anyone know what "excellent" credit is? I think that's a score above 720? Last I checked mine was 729 so it's close. Anyway here's his response feel free to weigh in I would really appreciate it:

**Thank you for your interest in a 2010 Rav4 sport. I figured a lease on 36 months 36000 miles, with excellent credit and $1500 down. The MSRP is $26343 I will sell it at $24866 and the residual value is $24866. Using all these numbers the monthly payment is $221.**
    That sounds about what they offered me (I ended up getting a limited for about $45 more)

If you roll in the tax, it will be about $249/Month - a steal.

I was there over the weekend to close the deal. Perfect. No visits from Sales Manager or Finance guy. Just sat down and closed the deal in about 30 minutes. I'm still waiting for the "gotcha" - but hasn't happened yet. They tried to sell me Gap Insurance, but didn't push it after I said I had to look into it. Very nice - too nice. I'm a New Yorker so I'm always suspicious. :-) I pick up the truck later this week. I get the feeling that Toyota is really telling dealers to do whatever they need to do to get vehicles on the road. Every Toyota dealer I dealt with seemed very desperate to make a deal and I was floored at some of the quotes I got without negotiating and how willing they were to match eachotehr's low offers.
  • vuaskewvuaskew Member Posts: 1
    Hi. In Memphis, looking to lease a 2010 Base Model by the end of the month.

$1299 down and 199/month looks nice, but hoping to do better. Credit isn't an issue.

Any advice on what I should push for?
  • va77va77 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    Getting following offers
    2010 RAV4 BASE 4WD 4CYL +EVP = $1000 Due and $220 OTD price
    2010 RAV4 SPORT 4WD V6 +EVP=$1000 Due and $299 OTD price .

I think it can get better ?
  • cg27288cg27288 Member Posts: 4
    I live in CT

$ 1500 down
    $ 222 month (includes everything - this was even the quote I was given over email which was nice since most people thought that the $ 222 quote included tax, title, gap, etc.)

2010 Rav-4 Sport Edition w/extra value pack, mudguards, and floor mats. The car is SHARP and I highly recommend the Black Forest Pearl color if you can find it.

I couldn't be happer with the purchase. The money factor worked out to be .00004 or .00001 (can't remember which).
  • 1peterpan11peterpan1 Member Posts: 1
    Just got this deal in MA for 4wd 6 cyl base model.
    $365 down, $240/monthly includes everything with GAP. MF 0.00002
  • ananthgananthg Member Posts: 1
    Confused about pricing -

Edmunds and Toyota's own website says the following for 2010 Rav4 Base 2wd 4cyl Auto transmission -

MSRP = (Base Price) $21,675 + $800 (Dest Charge) = $22,475
    [So, this MSRP includes dest charge]

Now, when you look at toyota.com announced lease deals for the exact same model -

Lease a new 2010 RAV4 for $229.00 per month for 36 months*
    MORE INFORMATION
    Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price:Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee of $750 for Cars and $800 for small/medium Trucks (Sienna, RAV4,

Disclaimer:*Due at signing includes $0 down, first $229 payment, and no security deposit. Tax, tags, and insurance are extra. Customer is responsible for excessive wear and excess mileage charges of $.15 per mile in excess of 36,000 miles. Your payment may vary based on final negotiated price. NOT ALL CUSTOMERS WILL QUALIFY. 2010 RAV4 Front Wheel Drive Model 4430, MSRP $22,420. Lease offer is not valid with any other Cash back or APR offer

So, the * points to a disclaimer which says what the MSRP is but does not say if that includes dest charge. And a generic para about MSRP says it excludes Dest Charge. So, let's assume the MSRP does NOT include the dest charge. Then the total MSRP including dest charge = $22,420 + $800 = $23,220

But their own website (toyota.com) says the MSRP including dest charge = $22,475.
  • big_al_nycbig_al_nyc Member Posts: 1
    I'm a dealership group manager here in NYC (non-Toyota). Heard about the ridiculous RAV4 lease program (179 per month with 1279 out of pocket) on the base model 4x4 but wasn't sure what it looked like on the Sport & Limited. Anyway, my girlfriend wanted one so I called all my Toyota friends and connections. I found out the programs: Base: 69% residual .00001 money factor; Sport/Limited 65% residual .0002 money factor. 15 years in the business and I never saw what is essentially a 0% interest rate on a lease before COUPLED WITH a subvented (artificially jacked up) residual before. But I couldn't find a RAV4 Limited V6 4x4 with NAV the way she wanted it anywhere in nearby NY/NJ/CT. Finally had a friend run a locate on one with NAV and found it in PA.

Bottom Line on top-of-the-line:
    2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited V6 4x4
    Limited Extra Value Package 2 (Integrated backup camera, Daytime Running Lights, power tilt/slide moonroof with sunshade, touch-screen DVD navigation system, AM/FM CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, leather seating surfaces, 8-way adjustable power driver's seat with power lumbar support, driver and front passenger heated seats and 120V AC power outlet, Tow Prep Package)
    Floor Mats & Cargo Mat

$300 per month with $500 total out of pocket (first payment and about $200 cap cost reduction)

Add NY Tax it's $326

I even added the Toyota remote start and Toyota mudguards which brought me up to $349 total per month with $500 out of pocket for the top of the line with V6 and Nav. This is a sick program and anyone who qualifies should jump on it. My car is fully loaded except for a few items I chose not to add like XM, Bluetooth handsfree, and a few other nicknacks. But even if I put EVERYTHING in there it would be hard to reach a $400 a month with $0 downpayment. Just for comparison (I was going to get this car last month, I'm glad I waited) a normal program on the $400 car I mentioned with stellar credit and $0 down is about $550. That's $150 per month saved! Way to go Toyota!
  • newbie2leasingnewbie2leasing Member Posts: 2
    Okay, we got totally screwed with our last Toyota lease (2008 Matrix -$270/month, 4 year lease!). Looks like they're willing to let us out of it with no money out of our pockets and we'd like to lease the 2010 Rav 4. For base model, 4 cylinder we got the following quote from Westchester Toyota:

$179/month with $1,299 down for 36 months - 12,000 miles/year
    or
    $99/month with $2010 down for 39 months - $10,000 miles/year

10,000 miles/year seems really low, so I'm wondering what you all think of the first option. They said they couldn't tell me the residual payment over the phone -- we are definitely interested in the possibility of purchasing the vehicle at the end of the lease. What should that magic number be??????

Also, they said with excellent credit we could end up putting much less or nothing down... Sounds great, but where is that money coming from? Do they just tack it onto the end residual payment?

So confused! Please help! Also, do you all recommend GAP coverage?
  • verdi942verdi942 Member Posts: 304
    1. - Get OUT of that Matrix deal! 2. Try for nothing down at, say <$300/month. Remember, upfront money is lost if you total the car. Also, make sure GAP insurance is included - Toyota usually charges extra for it. Also, NO turn-in charge at the end. 3. Don't worry about buying out at the end - who knows what the deals will be 3 years from now? 4. It sounds good; like they're kinda desperate - but, be ready to walk if they try to raise the price, etc. JMEVSHO.
  • wooohaaawooohaaa Member Posts: 33
    Here is my RAV4 deal in Ohio (North East- Cleveland)

$295 (includes 7.75% tax) a month with first month paid at drive off.
    35 payments of $295 left to go.
    3yr / 36,000 miles lease
    2010 Rav4 Limited V6 4X4
    Extra value package which included NAVI.
    Blu Logic, Carpet floor mats
    MSRP 32,179.
    Residul 20,100
    Money Factor .00002
  • sam1978sam1978 Member Posts: 4
    Toyota Dealer in Boston, MA is offering:

RAV4 Base 4cyl 4WD Forest Black Pearl with Extra Value Package (17inch Wheels, Roof Rails, Privacy Glass etc); Tonneau Cover; Floor Mats

MSRP: 24,284 + 6.25% Tax
    Sticker: $22000 (approx)
    Residual: $16,000
    Money Factor: 0.00002 (0.48%)

Lease: They are offering sign and drive out the door for $0 (no fees, registration, title etc, first month payment etc) then $199/month (inc tax) for 35 Months. They are also throwing in first service @ 1000 miles

This includes $1000 college discount

I've done a lot of research and visited a number of dealers, but this seems like a no-brainer?

Anyone have any thoughts?
  • newbie2leasingnewbie2leasing Member Posts: 2
    When negotiating a lease, should you pay taxes up front or in your monthly payments?
  • wooohaaawooohaaa Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2010
    I think you should never pay more then you have to with a lease. Say the lease is total 6000 over the 3 years. You will not benefit from paying anything up front say you put 1000 down to cover taxes up front you still end up paying 6000 over the 3 years. Yes your monthly payment is lower 1000/36 = 28 dollars less a month but that is just because you paid $1000 bucks down. And in the event the car is totaled next month then you loose the 1000 you just put down. A lease is different from a regular loan in this way. If you put 1000 dollars down payment then the total amount you financed would be less and the total interest paid would be less so there would be an advantage to say pay off taxes on a loan but not on a lease.

Hope this helps.

When compairing lease deals you need to have these figures given to you by the dealer. Don't just go by Monthly Payment.

Length and # miles in the lease: example 3yr/36,000 miles.
    MSRP of the vehicle AND does this include destination charge.
    Selling Price of the vehicle: Price lease is calculated on. This is the most important value and can make a big difference in your monthly payment and tot al for the entire lease. This can be negotiated just like if you were going to buy the car outright.
    Cash due at signing: This should be as close to ZERO as you can get.
    Tax rate for your address
    Money Factor of the lease
    Residual Value of the vehicle at lease end: Usually a % depending on trim level and # miles in lease. GET EXACT NUMBER from dealer and ask how they calculated it.
    Acquisition Fee to lease vehicle: Toyota charges 650
    Diposition fee to return if you do not buy the vehicle: Toyota Doesn't charge this

List all this or call dealer and tell them to give you ALL these figures and I can work out what your payment is and if it is a good deal or not.
    big_al_nyc,
    How did you get this deal? I just signed a lease deal on 2010 RAV 4 Base for
    275 per month including tax, registration and GAP ins with 0 money down in NJ.
    36mos/36000miles. I have not picked the car yet b/c they haven't got it.
    Your limited RAV4 has much higher MSRP but the payment is jus little over mine.
    Is it possible to walk away from the signed contract since the vehicle has not been picked up?
    Does your quote on 179/month with 1,299 down from Westchester Toyota include tax, title and aquisition fee? or you have to add to the monthly payments?
  • carleaser70carleaser70 Member Posts: 1
    Hi

For the benefit of all, do these numbers look ok for negotiating a Lease on a
    Base 2010 Rav4 Base 4x4 4-cyl 4-speed Automatic ($23075)
    + EVP ($120)
    + Carpets ($199)
    + $800 dest Fee
    ==> Total MSRP : $24194
    ==> Edmunds TMV Price : $22,618
    ==> Incentives : - $1000 (College Credit)
    ==============================
    Negotiated Or Sale Price = $21618
    ==============================

Acquisition Fee : $650
    Sales Tax : $1131 (5% of $22,618)
    Dealer Processing Fee : $379
    GAP Insurance : $350 (I am not sure exactly)
    ===================================================
    Total Cost : $21618 + 650 + 1131 + 379 + 350 = $24128
    ===================================================

Residual : 0.69 of MSRP = $16,694
    Money Factor = 0.00001 (0.24% APR)

So, that's around $196/month with 0 money down + Title and Registration fees (which is around $250)

Does this seem right?

$196/month for 36months + 250 = $7312 (With $1000 college credit)
    OR
    $179/month for 35months + $1299 = $7565 (pretty close, but this should include $1000 college credit)
  • hellagranthellagrant Member Posts: 31
    Residual is high
    Money Factor is pretty much nothing

Wow, this is a very very good deal. I am not in the market for a new car, but I always follow the new car industry. Do I dare say this is the best lease deal in years......?????

Remember folks, Toyota is hurting. Always fight for a better deal because they aint selling their cars to anyone right now.
  • evahnulahmevahnulahm Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2010
    Hello everyone, I am just wondering why everyone seems to be getting awesome residuals and MF rates. I called some dealers here in south carolina and I am getting MF of .00053 and residuals of like 52% on a V6 Limited (MSRP 29800), lease payment of 299 with 3348 down which includes tax tag and title. This doesnt seem like a good deal at all. Am i missing something that I should be asking about?
  • bigdeegbigdeeg Member Posts: 1
    I've been doing a bunch of research for the same in the Boston area and this sounds like the best deal yet. What dealership did you get this quote from?
  • nyigornyigor Member Posts: 98
    Hello Car_Man,
    I am looking to lease 2010 Rav4 Fwd Sport Base in Florida.
    What would be money factor/residual value?

I am currently leasing 2007 Rav4 AWD Base ($299 a month, few months left) and I hear about very good deals.
  • sam1978sam1978 Member Posts: 4
    It was Herb Chambers in Boston (Brookline) on Brighton Ave.
  • shaolindrivershaolindriver Member Posts: 2
    Based in Los Angeles - Rav4 Sport 2wd, Gray exterior, V6, Sports Extra Package, black leather interiors, tow package, back up monitor, cargo mat/carpet - $336 a month lease for 3 months @ 12K miles a year. $500 down. $3k on trade in that paid off balance on old car loan. Good deal?
  • verdi942verdi942 Member Posts: 304
    Wow! Is that the best they'll do? I guess that's what happens when the RAV4 doubles its sales from a year ago. That deal is as expensive as what they were charging back in late 2007! But, hey, it's a good car.....
  • vico9vico9 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    Hi every one ,Thanks to everyone's information on here,
    Please, tell me if this is a good deal,dealer claim they are in short supply of this car.
    the best deal i was able to make.RAV4 V6, Base Silver
    TOP $1500, 36 month lease, 15 K per yr, $246 a month including taxes in NY.
  • grotto1grotto1 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    MF .00001
    Res.: 63%
    $325/mo incl. tax for a 36m 12k lease.
    And they added the XM radio.
  • shaolindrivershaolindriver Member Posts: 2
    thanks for the feedback.
  • toast2toast2 Member Posts: 6
    Spoke with sales person and they said the MF of .00001 or .00002 ended last month.
    Current MF for 12k is .00060 (sport & limited)
  • toast2toast2 Member Posts: 6
    MSRP $30,564
    MF .00060
    RES dont know
    They are paying $3300 off on my trade in (VW lease return that i'm 20k over miles)

36mo 12k
    Down $2499
    Monthly 376 + 39 tax = $415

Im pretty sure there's still some room for negotiating - any thoughts...
  • tstockatstocka Member Posts: 1
    What dealer did you get your Rav4 from? This seems like a great deal. I live in NE Ohio as well and plan to go seem some dealers this weekend.
    Thanks for your help
  • bmwk75sbmwk75s Member Posts: 21
    Here's the deal I've worked out.

Rav4 Sport with extra value package and carpet floor mats.
    MSRP $26,244
    Sale price $25,000
    MF .00060
    Residual $17,299
    Tax 7.75%
    $500 returning Toyota Loyalty Certificate
    Payment $268 with 0 down

What do you think?
  • steve707steve707 Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone know the current money factor and residual rates for a '10 Rav4 Sport Edition - 4 cyl., 4WD? I am considering a 36 month / 12K miles per year lease. Is there an acquisition fee that Toyota charges?

Thanks
  • bmwk75sbmwk75s Member Posts: 21
    Steve,

The current money factor in New York and New England is .00060 and the acquisition fee is $650. I completed the deal in the post above and was happy with the results. I purchased my vehicle at Handy Toyota in St. Albans, VT, but I had other dealers willing to match it. Sadly there were others who were still quoting over $300 per month.
  • steve707steve707 Member Posts: 12
    Looks like you got a good deal. Based on your numbers the residual is 66%. Is this a 36month / 12k miles lease?
  • hdc1hdc1 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in leasing a RAV 4 sport for 24 months, Any ideas if that will get me lower monthly payments since the residual should be higher? what is the mf in the boston area currently?
    Thanks
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    What is a good price to pay for a 36 month lease, 12k miles per year, $0 down for:
    2010 Rav 4 Limited
    V6, with value package 2.
    List is about $33k or so. I live in NYC so I would like sales tax rolled into payment.

Thanks
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    For a loaded Limited V6 with Nav, I was quoted $427 per month including NYC taxes. Seems very high compared to what others are paying. $0 down, 1st month and docs upfront ($600 or so). Money factor was .001 and residual .622. Help please! 36 month, 12k
  • neilio1neilio1 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    I know the money factor depends on geography. The .001 seems way too high. For a similar vehicle in Virginia I was quoted a money factor of .0006 and residual of .67. Monthly Payment including VA Taxes would be $360 with zero down.
  • shwankshwank Member Posts: 3
    We went to our local dealership today looking at a new 2010 Rav4 Limited V6. They didn't have the exact model we wanted but said they could get it. My wife wants navigation, leather, etc. so Package 2 with navigation (not really sure about the backup cam). They would also throw in the Bluetooth for us.

They showed us an MSRP of $31,800 and they said they could get it down to I think $30,500. We were looking to lease. The deal was 36 months, 15,000 miles per year. We put 0 down and they would pick up the first payment.. so we would only have 35 payments. The residual value was around $19,500.

The cost was $399. When you factor in the first month free its actually $388. Also, they have no closing costs and the free bluetooth..

I am in PA and have no clue if this is a good deal. The depreciation payments are $305 and the other $83 is the money factor and interest? I wasn't quoted the money factor and I"m not sure how taxes are calculated on lease payments in pa?
    Wondering.. the lease rates change on 6/2. Any way of knowing what they might be next month? Or is this a secret only Toyota knows?
    Please tell me if you you know! I'm locking in my deal in a few hours. Its a good deal now wouldn't want to risk it..