Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Toyota RAV4 Lease Questions

Comments

• kinsalekinsale Member Posts: 33
    hi Carman

can I get the numbers for June? Looking for 36 month 12k and 15k.

As a side note, why do car companies not publish these numbers anywhere?

Thanks
    Ian
  • kinsalekinsale Member Posts: 33
    Really need lease numbers for this car. Can anyone help??
    thanks

Rav4 V6 Limited. AWD
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    My dealer said interest rate remained the same, but residual dropped slightly. Would not give me details, but said May was a slightly better deal.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Ian. Automakers don't publish their lease programs anywhere because dealers benefit from having consumers in the dark.

Toyota's lease program varies by region. Having said that, in most of the areas that I have seen Toyota Financial Services' lease program for the 2010 RAV4 in, its June buy rate lease money factor was .00060 for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

TFS' 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the base 2010 RAV4 4WD is 67%. The problem with this number is that it is for a base vehicle. TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized, making it difficult for consumers to figure out what the exact dollar residual values of specific units are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • hannahrhannahr Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a limited Rav4 lease, 15000 miles, 36 months, for a V6 4X2 with the Nav package, base price of 26585 with
    Factory Installed Accessories: FE BC QZ TO

Port Installed Accessories ..: CF MF

Retail

Vehicle Base Model ....................: $ 26585.00

Total Accessories .....................: $ 3043.00

Dealer is saying $0 down, $436/mo. I have top tier credit, above 750. I don't know what I am doing and I trust that all of you do. I'm afraid that I am being quoted too high. Can you advise me with info on the residual-money factor recipe so that I can effectively counter? Thank you!
  • hannahrhannahr Member Posts: 2
    I have a bit more info on the lease that they are offering. Money factor is .00060. The deal also includes the current Toyota incentive of 2 years/25,000 mile free maintenance. I'm still hoping for some guidance on what I should ultimately be paying on this lease if someone out there can please help me!

Thank you!
  • dturrdturr Member Posts: 70
    Hi Carman. What are the numbers on a Rav 4 Base Model.
    MSRP $21.675.00
    Selling price with delivery $18,963.00
    You say the money factor is .00060 The Residual is 67%.

36 months 15000 miles per annum. ??
    $1000 down payment.
    This in SW FL.
    Thanks.
  • bunkscbunksc Member Posts: 11
    Hi -

Does anyone know the MF and Residual on a 2010 RAV4 Ltd 2WD 2.5L 4cyl
    36 mo lease w/ 15K mi
    I'm in the SE and have Tier 1 credit.
    Many Thanks.
  • marsmdmarsmd Member Posts: 4
    Somebody mentioned earlier that Money Factor varies by state. Does residual value vary as well?

If so, does anyone have info for MF and RV on a 2010 Rav 4 V6 4WD with navigation in the Chicago area. With options, the MSRP of $30,477 and the invoice is $28,201. Haven't negotiated yet.

Thanks
  • 2010rav4buyer2010rav4buyer Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    I created this profile just to share my experience with people. It is amazing how dealers vary in offers.

I was looking for a 2010 Rav4 Limited 4 cylinder, four wheel drive, with Package 1 (so sunroof and leather seats, but no Nav), 12k miles/year.

The Manhattan Toyota (in New York City) offered a $3k down, $399 monthly offer. They even had the gall to write "good news" on the piece of paper. I complained that this was way, way above the average rate I saw on Edmunds. The next day, they lowered it to $297 monthly, with the $3k down. After two hours of haggling, I got them down to $285 per month.

I called Smithtown and Penn Toyota (in Long Island)... and first offer from each was $265 per month, $3k down. Geez. When I asked nicely, Smithtown lowered theirs to $249 per month (again $3k down, 12k per miles). Haggling lasted all of one minute as opposed to the obnoxious process in Manhattan where they make you wait forever.

So, lesson for all: avoid Manhattan Toyota. It is clear that they try to pick off people who live in NYC. The folks at Smithtown Toyota were very courteous, professional and offered a very good rate. They even offered to deliver the car to my front door in Manhattan so I didn't have to trek back out to Long Island again.

Money factor was 0.0006 which is standard. So, first quote was $399 per month; final deal was $249 per month.

Good luck all. And, avoid Manhattan Toyota.
    RAV 4 LTD 2WD EVP #1 and BC $25,254 OTD (incl taxes).

Now I'm trying to get the amt of the lease payment on a 48 mo lease 15K mi. The Dealer is telling me that there is a RAV4 leas special on 36 mo lease (he didn't mention the miles) with a $2,300 residual enhancement in lieu of the $1,500 dealer cash back. He is telling me the pymt. on 36 mo lease is $45 less than on a 48 mo lease.
    I guess he must have "forgot" to include the lease payment amounts - he wants to know how I want him to configure the lease. Does this make sense? I' told him I need the lease payments and the determining factors (MF, Cap Cost, REsidual, etc) before I can decide.
    I am told in that from Geogia to Miami that the money factor is .0113 does anyone know if this is correct?

Does $249 plus tax 0 down sign and drive first payment made on a base Rav 4 with value pack seem right.
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Here's what I just got from a dealer in SC. I've read posts on here where people paid less than $300 with NAVI so I'm not so sure this is such a great deal even with the lease special. The 36 mo lease special is in lieu of the $1,500 dealer cash back and instead has a $2,300 residual enhancement.

RAV4 LTD 2.5L 2WD
    EVP #1 (no nav) and BC
    MSRP: $27,714 (after the $2,000 EVP Discount INCLUDES $795 Dest. Fee)
    Base Cap Cost: $27,649 ($26,415 sales price + $300 tax + $39 registration+$895 Acquisition Fee)
    Sales Tax: $300
    MF: 36 mo .00161 / 48 mo .00239
    Residual Value: 36 mo 61.740% after residual enhancement (54% before)
    48 mo 46.00%
    Disposition Fee: $350 which SETF reserves the right to waive if you re-lease.
    Cash Due at Signing: 1st payment

36 mo 15K mi $333/mo 48 mo 15K mi $390/mo

I haven't told them yet that I have one more payment left on my Highlander lease that ends 8-1 and I'm about 300 over on my mileage. Would be nice if they would pick these costs up - and lower my lease payment.
    Interesting as I look at these numbers, the guy gave me an OTD price of $25,254 before I told him I wanted to Lease. I don't see that figure anywhere. Comments?
    Thank you.
    Just completed a lease at Cramer Toyota of Venice Fl. I was not able to get the deal I wanted further south of this dealer so drove up Saturday after a few emails with their Internert Manager. Settled on a sign and drive first month paid zero down and $249 per month plus tax with 15k miles per year. Will be a car for my wife and her expences should cover the lease.
    Sold them my 2007 Sorara, after a cheeky offer they gave me exactly what I wanted matching two other offers. Still waiting for the check from them but it was a Saturday. Cannot fault the service and it was worth an hours drive. Guess they were happy and we are.
  • dpb67dpb67 Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2010
    Does anyone know the residual factors offered by Toyota Leasing for the Sport 4x2 for June in NJ? The latest ones I see listed here are for the Base4x4.
    Thanks
  • justinm312justinm312 Member Posts: 6
    Just got a 2010 Rav4 Limited 4cylinder with Option Package 2 (Nav, Bluetooth, XM, leather, etc) for $384/mo (Gap insurance included), first month's payment due at signing with no down payment, 15k/yr for 36 months.

Is this a good deal?
  • luvautoluvauto Member Posts: 25
    Good deal at $284 perhaps OK but on the higher side for a 4-cyl. with all the extras and taxes included, are you sure there's no typo? Did the dealer forget the Residual Incentive by Toyota?
  • justinm312justinm312 Member Posts: 6
    I have $384/mo for 36 months. Where do you get $284? The residual value was around $16,700.
    Ltd 2.5L 2WD
    EVP #1 (no nav) and BC
    36 mo 15K mi
    $299/mo
    up front costs: 1st pymt and ttl

MSRP: $27,714
    Sales Price: He didn't tell me, said its $140 below invoice. Edmonds shows invoice at $25,578
    Acquistion Fee: $795
    Residual: 61.74%
    MF: .00161
    $500 customer loyalty discount

When I do the math, I come up with a lower pymt. I must be adding something wrong, but I just can't figure it out. Can someone please calculate the lease pymt for me so I can see if the dealer's quote of $299 is right?
    Thank you!
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited July 2010
    bunksc,

There is too much information missing to confirm the payment. Selling price is critical. Residual factors are nice whole number like 61%; and so, 61.74% makes no sense. Toyota is notorious for not residualizing certain items like floor mats and destination charge. Dealer installed options are either partially residualized or not residualized at all. And so, the adjusted MSRP, upon which the residual is based, may be quite different than the MSRP of $27,714.

I assume that the $795 acquisition is capped in the lease. If so, what other items are financed? Is the $500 loyalty being used to reduced the sell price or is it used to offset some of the upfront costs? Can you itemize the dollar amounts paid upfront?

The basic formula for lease payment is

P = F x (C + R) + (C - R) / N

P = payment
    F = money factor
    C = adjusted cap cost
    R = residual value
    N = term

Here are a few more formulas...

G = S + A
    C = G - D

G = gross cap
    S = sell price
    A = amounts capitalized (e.g., acq. fee, doc fee, taxes, etc)
    D = cap reduction (e.g., cash down, net trade-in credit)

Questions? Let me know and I'll be happy to help.

John
    Hi John,

First, I want to thank you for replying. The 36 mo lease special has a $2300 residual enhancement in lieu of the rebate (I'm in SC). I don't know if that has anything to do with the residual value being 61.74%.
    From his e-mail
    36mo: 61.740% after residual enhancement, 54.00% before

He didn't say how he was applying the $500 loyalty discount. I can only assume it will be applied to reduce the cost of the vehicle.

Up front costs: $638 ($300 tax, $39 tag transfer, 1st mo pymt $299)

I'm trying to get the pymt. down a little more, this is his response on Friday:

The last figures that I sent you are based on selling the car $140 below invoice (which means $400-$500 below invoice at other dealerships because of dealer fees) and not making any profit on the money factor.

(This dealership has no dealer fees).

$25,548 Edmonds invoice price
    - $140 = $25,408 + $895 acquistion fee -$500 loyalty? = $25,803 Adj. Cap Cost

He never gave me the base cap cost, I used the Edmond's #'s to try and calculate the $299 pymt but I couldn't get to that number. I'm sure it's user error.

I left him a message to call me yesterday morning and later in the afternoon I e-mailed him asking for specific information. He never got back to me which I interpret as I'm a pain in his rear and I can take or leave the $299 pymts. because he's moved on to the next buyer. I'm going to see him in the morning and will ask to see his lease worksheet. Since he doesn't want to deal with me anymore, he may not even show me his worksheet. I will bring your formulas with me so I can calculate the payments based on his numbers. He will love me even more tomorrow.
    Thank you again!!
    edited July 2010
    bunksc,

The bottom line is what is the residual value used to compute the payment? Are you suggesting that
    54% x 27,714 = 14,965.56 is the residual before the $2,300 enhancement? Does the $27,714 include the $2,300 enhancement? I assume that the $2,300 enhancement is added to the MSRP to form the "adjusted MSRP" and not added to the residual value based on 54%.

A huge factor in leasing that's often overlooked is sales tax which is why I needed to know the state in which you reside. There are four (4) methods used to compute sales tax...

(1) Tax the lease payment as they are received. This is the easiest and by far the
    most commonly used method in such states as FL, PA, and CA
    (2) Tax the selling price (III, TX, WA)
    (3) Tax the sum of the taxable payments (NJ, NY, OH)
    (4) Tax the depreciation (CO)

Depending upon how the lease is structured, the sales tax calculation can be quite complex. To compound the problem, states have different regs regarding the taxability of fees and rebates. Some tax acquisition fees and rebates; others don't. Those that tax depreciation often define depreciation differently with respect to one another. Some define it as the difference between the adjusted cap and the residual while others define it as the difference between the sell price and residual. Some use the mathematically correct formulas to compute taxes in those instances where taxes are capped in the lease; others don't such as NY. However, NY, at least, recognizes their mistake but chooses to ignore it in the interests of simplicity. Their formula, however, results in taxes being understated which is why I'm not too excited. Besides, I live in Ohio. Some states levy tax on tax (Yup, it's NY) when taxes are capped. This, of course, is illegal in most states. I have no clue why this has gone unchallenged. Perhaps no one realizes it except the NY Dept of Revenue's Sales Tax Division (lol).

The SC Sales Tax and Use Tax Manual (2009 ed.)

http://www.sctax.org/Publications/Sc+Sales+Tax+Manual09.htm

suggests that tax is levied on the sell price ((2) above).

If the dealer gives you their lease worksheet, you can email it to me at

diffeq@zoominternet.net if you like.

Allow me share with you the biggest mistake people make when leasing and that is failure to educate themselves about leasing. An educated consumer will never allow a dealer to "run the numbers" or "control the deal". For whatever it's worth, this is what I do...

1st. I do research regarding residual factors, money factor (I always use the buy rate), learn applicable incentives, and establish a competitive selling price.

2nd. I create a one-page lease proposal with all pertinent data including a description of the vehicle, MSRP, sell price, amounts capitalized (e.g., taxes, acq. fee, etc), gross cap, cap reductions (e.g., trade, cash down, etc), adjusted cap, money factor, residual factor, residual value, term, taxable payment, lease payment, amounts due up front (itemized), contract provisions (gap insurance, excess mileage charge, applicable disposition/purchase option fees).

3rd. I Fax/email the proposal to the dealer and negotiate via phone/email from the comfort of my home/office with my laptop excel spreadsheet lease program fired up and ready to rumble! The only thing I'm likely to negotiate is the sell price and that only requires a few keystrokes on my laptop. And, bing-bang-boom you're done!

The key (no pun intended) is that you must control the deal. Never allow a dealer to control the deal. Trying to figure out the dealer's numbers is often a pointless exercise and, frankly, a waste of time. These people often lie or simply don't know what they're talking about. Allowing the dealer to control will only end up costing you money most of the time.

A one-page lease proposal speaks volumes about you... it sends the message that you know what you're talking about and you know and understand leasing. That quickly puts the dealer in their place, and so; they're not as inclined to play games. This suggests that the biggest advantage of a lease proposal is that it saves time, money, and aggravation.

However, if you agree to allow the dealer to "run the numbers", ALWAYS ask them for their LEASE WORKSHEET. If they refuse to give you a copy, WALK AWAY!

Keep me posted.

John
    John,

Very good question, about the residual enhancement. I will definitely ask today if they use 54% as the RV before the residual enhancement. I bet that's what they do. I didn't even think of this ....
    SC charges 5% sales tax on purchase price with a max amount of $300. I will pay that up front since its not that much.
    Thank you so much for all of the useful information. I reallyappreciate your time!!
    bunksc,

No problem. I'm happy that I'm able to help. So, SC caps the sales tax at only $300? Wow, that's awesome! Keep me posted.

John

PS: Just out of curiousity, my informed intuition suggests that you're from Bunker
    Hill, SC is that correct?
    Yep, one of the nice things about SC - $300 max sales tax on new cars. can't beat that!!
    If the $2300 enhancement to the MSRP and use 54% as the RV, there's nothing I can do to change that. I'm going to run some numbers that way and see if I can get to his $299.
    Like I said, this guy is now ignoring me. He has given me his 'best offer" and told me to take it or leave it. He said we are $1,000 apart to get my payment where I want it to be. I'm a little hard headed cause I'm still going to try and get him down some. I'm willing to make a few concessions, which I told him in my last e-mail that he ignored. So we'll see what today brings. :-)
    Hahaha, nope, not from Bunker Hill. lol.
    Thanks again for sharing your knowledge!!
  • ninjapersonninjaperson Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys,

I'm looking to lease a 4x2 Rav4 in texas. The dealer has the color I want and the feature set I want.

Model - 4430 5-DOOR 4X2 SUV Base: $22,530.00
    Exterior Color - 0202 BLACK Installed Options: $1,663.00
    Interior Color - FC10 DRK CHRCL/D GRY/ASH/LT GR Total: $24,193.00
    Residual: $14,487

The deal is $2k down / $220/month. These numbers include all taxes and fees. It fits my budget and my gut says go. What do you guys think?
  • ninjapersonninjaperson Member Posts: 2
    Err ignore that message. Running my own numbers. I can do better.
  • silly13silly13 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, This is my first new car lease and I need help!!!

I recieved the following offer on a 2010 RAV 4 Sport, 4 cyl, 4x4...Is it any good? Can I do better?

$1660 Down - Includes taxes, title, reg fees and 1st month. Does NOT include GAP but I want to negotiate this in (has anyone had luck with this?)

$224/month 36/36

I am an idiot and do not know the residual value, cap cost or money factor that they used. I've requested this and am waiting on these #s.

Can anyone tell me without that info if this offer is any good and what other info I should be asking for #s?
    Thank you to anyone who can help. I am new to this and VERY lost :)
  • jmillsssjmillsss Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    Hello everyone,

I'm trying to figure out if the below lease deal on a Rav4 base 4WD model is any good. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Cap Cost: 22,165
    Residual: 15,791
    Money Factor: 0.00060
    Months: 36

1000 due at signing
    220/mo

12k miles a year..
    1. The Numbers: based on the data you've provided,
    (a) Cap Cost: 22,165 - Residual 15, 791 = Depreciation $6, 374
    (b) Add Rent Charge using MF .00060 (1.44%) = $819
    (c) Total of 36 monthly payments (a)+(b) = $7,193
    (d) Per month = 7,193/36 = $199 (addl. $21 for tax + what? Find out. )

2. the best MF avail. is .00004 for Tier 1 Credit Score; reduces the Rent Charge(c) to $54.66, and monthly payments to $178.57 before taxes.
    3. Try for 0 due at signing. Even if you roll all of the $1,000(can negotiate this down too, if dealer has sufficient margin) to Cap Cost, your monthly payment using MF .00004 will be $206.39 + tax. On the higher end, using MF .00060 and rolling all of the $1,000 into Cap Cost, the monthly comes to $228 + tax (with 0 due at signing).

4. Hope this helps. Please don't forget to Share your experience and data with the community here. Thanks.
    Surely not an idiot. See the previous posting - it will help you close the deal. Negotiate 0 due at signing except for the 1st monthly payment. TFS requires monthly payment in advance. GAP is usually cheaper with your car insurance company - in my case, it's only addl. $4 or $5 for 6 months.

Please share your experience and numbers on the final deal and the State/Town of the dealership. thanks.
  • jmillsssjmillsss Member Posts: 2
    (d) Yes tax was approx $22 (per month?) does that make sense?

I'm asking about the 0.00004 MF, because they mentioned I had excellent credit :)
    (d) Tax rate and application is different for every State, City. What State are you in? How do they tax monthly lease payments? Some contributors (many thanks to them) have shared more on this topic in previous posts.

If you get .00004, great! for both you and the dealer as you may not further negotiate the 1,000 due at signing. Note that TFS web site says that they bill monthly payments in advance - so you may pay the 1st month at signing. So, the 1,000 is really 800 (assuming 1st mo payment of 200), to be added to the Cap Cost for no more due at signing. Good luck.
  • frog22frog22 Member Posts: 24
    Can someone please tell me if this is a decent quote for a 4x4 Rav4 Sport with a V4 and the basic Extra Value Package? 12k/year, 36 month lease

Taxes, Title and Fees down (which is about $2,000)

$260/ month

Seems a little high to me since there isn't very much in the car and I see people getting Limiteds for about the same price. But I am set on getting the Sport (don't want the wheel on the back), so it's a little hard to compare other people's offers. Do you think I can do better than this? If so, where do you think it should be? Thanks everyone.
  • mattgamattga Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,
    What do you think about this deal? (Base model, V4, AWD)
    $520 down payment, $210 monthly payment, residual $15,790. All taxes and fees included (OTD prices). The offer includes the 1,000 college grad discount.

Should I close this deal or wait for the August incentives?
    Thanks!
  • burgerking1burgerking1 Member Posts: 1
    sam1978, could you send me details on your deal. im looking for a deal on a limited, 4 cylinder, 4WD on 36 months and 12000 miles in MA.

also what would be a decent lease payment with 2500 down after the 1000 rebate based on:
    Adj. cap cost = 27190
    Residual = 18046
    MSRP = 29100
    Money factor = 1.44/2400 = .0006

thanks in advance.
  • yccyeeyccyee Member Posts: 4
    Hi delta 737h,
    Would you mind sending me a copy of your proposal to the dealers? I am highly anxious when dealing with car dealers. I am thinking that may be sending a proposal to the dealers in advance could save time for the person who will accompany me to the dealership.

Thanks.
  • knectthedotsknectthedots Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to get out of an upside down loan due to some potentially large maintenance bills coming up. I was offered $365 after tax monthly payment on a 36 month Rav4 base 4cyl model 12k lease (msrp was something like $22,300), including rolling in $2200 negative equity into the lease. I qualify for a $1k grad incentive and this was including $1200 at signing. I qualified for Tier 1 but not tier 1+ credit. I have not yet received the actual details back from the dealer as far as what they are using for cap cost/residual/MF, etc... just the monthly payment given what I've listed. Based on that, does this seem like a good deal?

Thanks.
  • pkim5pkim5 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man,

Could you please provide the residual and MF for a 2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport V6 AWD for a 36 month/36k mileage lease?

Thank you very much!!!
  • bchampion23bchampion23 Member Posts: 1
    All:

Got a recent quote from a Minnesota dealer on the above RAV4 2010 lease

0 down, tax, title, license included
    3 year, 15,000 per year lease
    354/month, 750 cash back, 35 payments
    Money factor .00034
    Residual 18,400

Your thoughts on whether this is a good deal

thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi pkim5. Toyota's lease program varies by region. You never mentioned what state you are in, so for now I will provide you with the details of its New York region program to give you an example of what its numbers are like.

Toyota Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 RAV4 Sport V6 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00034 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

At first glance, this residual value looks amazing, but TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. This makes its real world residual values lower than the published percentages appear. It also makes it difficult for individual consumers to work up sample payments on vehicles on their own.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thank you very much, I am in the NY region. The residual does sound amazing, it is unfortunate about some options not being able to be residualized - it would make for amazing lease prices!
    edited August 2010
    pkim5,

A NOTE ON ADJUSTED MSRP AND DEALER INSTALLED OPTIONS...

Fund providers know that the cost of dealer installed options are grossly inflated. Therefore, in order to minimize their risk, they limit the cost of such options. So, for example, a dealer installed option retailing for $1,000 might be limited to only $700. The $700 is added to the base MSRP (including delivery charge) to produce the adjusted MSRP. And so, you don't realize the full benefit of the higher residual value. Remember, the higher the residual, the lower your payment. So, try to avoid dealer installed options that aren't fully residualized.

John
  • wawzj619wawzj619 Member Posts: 55
    Hi Car_man,

Would you give me current MF and residual value of 2010 RAV4 limited V6 or 4-cyl FWD with 15,000 miles per year for 36 mons leasing?

Thanks!
    2010 RAV4 Limited V4 w/ Extra Value Package #1 (bluetooth, heated leather, etc.), Back-up Monitor, Special Color (Blizzard Pearl), Mud Guards, Carpet mats, etc.

MSRP = $29,328
    Residual = $17,860
    Money Factor (Tier 1+) = 0.00034
    7% NJ Sales Tax
    Acquisition: $650, Doc: $239 - rolled in cap cost

Monthly $297 plus First Month and DMV ($230) due at signing.

Good deal?
  • hswhsw Member Posts: 26
    Hi Car-Man, do you have the lease numbers for a 2010 RAV4 Limited V6 AWD? I'm in the Chicagoland area. Looking for 36/10K and 39/10K. Thanks.
  • johninphillyjohninphilly Member Posts: 2
    Just leased a 2010 RAV4 AWD V6 with Pre tow and convenience package (roof rack, 17' wheels, etc.) from Ardmore Toyota.

$259.93 per month
    36 month lease
    12k miles per yr.
    $470 down
    Price includes Gap insurance

$17,049 residual
    .00034 money factor

Took the offer to another dealership and they told me there was no way they could match that deal.

Hope this helps someone else since this forum did help us a great deal.

Thanks!
  • caseysdubs1caseysdubs1 Member Posts: 11
    Hi, how are you?
    I saw your post on edmunds dot com about sending lease proposals to Toyota dealers. I have an autistic child and it is very difficult for me to get to the dealers to spend time haggling with them. Is there any way to help me out with some lease proposals to send out?
    It would be great if you could send me an example.
    I got ripped off on my last lease and still don't know enough to bargain with the sharks.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Casey
  • yccyeeyccyee Member Posts: 4
    I have two questions regarding the process of lease:
    1) I've sent proposal to the dealer, but one of the dealers encouraged me to drive almost two hours to the dealer shop, and took me more than three hours to get out of there. When I got home, I realized that the deal was not what I would expect. They really played games and tried to see how strong minded the customer is. If you are going to the dealer with children, I would rather hire someone to watch them for few hours. It was a nightmare for me and my children.
    2) The dealer forced me to sign bunch of paper before leaving the shop, except the final one. They had me sign a paper that I would go back again, will that be something hold against me in the future?
  • birdlivsbirdlivs Member Posts: 18
    Hello Carman,

Please update us on the 2010 Rav 4 V6 LTD lease rates and residuals for 36/12k. Also any update on rebates etc would be great.