Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Toyota RAV4 Lease Questions

Comments

• phortsphorts Member Posts: 3
    2011 RAV4 Limited loaded blizzard pearl no nav...

MSRP: don't know
    Don't even know what I paid for it
    MF: 0009 (i think)
    $650 acq fee
    15k miles

Owed $5500 on a beat up 03 Maxima w 150k on it. Figured its worth about 2500-3000.

35 payments of 370/mo

Looking at all these other deals I'm getting sick. Thy told us $350/mo before they saw my trade, then it was $390/mo w 1st and acq and 12k..I thought getting them down to 370 and adding all that stuff in was fair, not great, but fair considering my negative equity.

Please give me some perspective. I feel nauseous.
  • leasewizardleasewizard Member Posts: 17
    How does this lease look:

$24563
    22063 Selling Price
    $695 Bank Fee
    .007 Money Factor
    15595 Residual
    7% Sales Tax
    1000 College Grad Rebate

Total = $230 x 36 months 12K mile month ($0 up front) $350 Disposition fee

Looks really good Any comments on the numbers?
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    leasewizard,

I'm betting you misstated the money factor as there is no way that it could be .007. It's more likely to be .0007. Looks like you may have a 0 missing.

John
  • leasewizardleasewizard Member Posts: 17
    Yes typo

rate = .0007 or 1.68%
  • wtw2wtw2 Member Posts: 4
    Car Man
    Can you provide me with the latest MF and residual for a base AWD Rav4 My wife has one and I want to try and get a better deal than I got the last time. Thanks
  • wtw2wtw2 Member Posts: 4
    Lease Wizard
    Where do you get such a deal? I got a quote w/o the college rebate or the dispositon fee of $309 for basically the same numbers. I didn't take it but yours looks great!
  • emolinsemolins Member Posts: 1
    Hello:

I follow your posts and wanted to see if the following deal on a Rav4 is worth diving into. Thanks for your input.

Dealership: Broward County, FL
    Series: RAV4
    Model: Sport 4440 - 2WD Sport (4 Speed Auto)
    Model Year: 2011
    Transmission: 4 Speed Automatic
    Exterior: Black Forest Pearl
    Interior: Dark Charcoal Fabric
    MSRP $25,518.00
    Invoice $24,490.21
    Sales Price $23,798.00
    Lease #62706 tier 1 credit 740 + beacon score qualifier
    39 months lease 12,000 miles a year $0 down
    Monthly payment: $256 + tax ($271.00)
    1st payment and tag due at signing.
    Price includes (dealer installed bluetooth)
    Money Factor 0.00100
    Doc Fees $998
    Acquisition Fee $695
    Gap Coverage included
    If 2 year Maintenance plan is included

Looking to close on a deal this week!!!

Thanks again.
  • trixtergirltrixtergirl Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and just leased for three years a 2011 Rav4 Base 4WD and am wondering if I received a decent deal. Please read the following and comment:

Gross Capitalized Cost-$24,584.00
    Down Pmt-$3200
    Acquistion Fee-$650
    Gap Insurance-$695(not sure if I even need this)
    Mechanical Breakdown Protection-$791(not sure if I need this)
    Residual Value-$15,192
    Capitalized Cost Reduction-$1869.79
    Total Monthly Payment-$316.60

What else should I list or with this information how does it look? Thanks for your time.
  • karchkarch Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2011
    Anyone have the latest residual and mf for a 36 month, 12K mile lease, minimal drive-off?

California, if that makes any difference.

Thanks.
  • verdi942verdi942 Member Posts: 304
    Are you saying you gave the dealer $7205.79 plus 316.60/mo for this car? That's expensive. [FWIW, you DO need Gap Insurance, and Toyota charges me about $7.00/mo. for it on my lease of the same model car].
    Anyone? Car_Man?

Thank you.
  • hackdhackd Member Posts: 65
    This is the single worst lease deal I have ever seen....for a car dealer to even present this to someone should be a crime. I just leased a Rav 4 Limited for $335 per month with all taxes and fees included....no money down except for first payment.

As someone stated above Gap insurance is $7 a month through Toyota.
  • tonyjambotonyjambo Member Posts: 9
    Right now toyota are offering an all wheel drive Base Rav4 Auto for 1999 down and 199/month for 36 months - this seems to me to be a very good deal , heres what I know right now :

MSRP 23,345
    Invoice 21,458

I wasnt able to get the actual Cost/Money Factors/residual information this is based on but as its a national toyota program I wouldnt imagine those vary too much ... The 199/month seems to be based on approximately the invoice price a 53% residual and a .0007 money factor.

One thing i've noticed is that Toyota seem to load up the origination/destination charges etc but what else am I missing or is this just quite a decent no haggle deal ?

thanks
    Tony
    Too much down payment, IMO.
    Look out for "recent college grad" and "military" money in this deal; they can add $1500 to the down payment, which is at least $1000 too high already. Tax and gap insurance adds to the monthly payment, too. Still, a good place to start.
  • tonyjambotonyjambo Member Posts: 9
    Thanks guys
  • mag12568mag12568 Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to get that deal. can you provide me the dealership info?
    thanks
    mag
  • tsalvo978tsalvo978 Member Posts: 1
    hackd, If you live near Danvers, MA, Ira Toyota gave me a great deal on a rav4 lease yesterday.....MSRP $24,674, 36 mo, 12Kmi/yr, residual $15,661, for $199/mo pymt with only 1st pymt due at signing. GAP insurance $399 spread over 36mo = add'nl $11+/mo and MA state tax (6.25% payable only if you live in MA) = addn'l $13+/mo. Net effect = $212+ due at signing and $224+/mo -- not sure why figures aren't exactly the way I explained them, but what I listed as the net effect are what they are in the contract. (Another aside: Don't forget about $350 disposition fee charged by Toyota at the end of the lease if you don't renew or buy.)
    edited February 2011
    tsalvo978,

The $399 paid for GAP coverage is a rip-off and grossly excessive. As a rule of thumb, you can purchase GAP coverage from your insurance carrier for an annual premium of about 0.1% of the MSRP. In your case, this amounts to about $25 annually. The insurer simply adds a GAP rider to your automobile insurance policy.

FYI- Toyota does a few things that other finance captives don't do...

(1) Charge an excessive fee for optional GAP coverage. Most captives include GAP protection in their lease agreements.
    (2) Charge a disposition fee.
    (3) Exclude certain components of the MSRP for purposes of computing the residual value which means lower residual values triggering higher payments.

John
    The Autoleasegeek
    delta, here in New York, my insurance company refused to sell me gap insurance - they said it wasn't legal to so here; so Toyota, unlike every other company I've ever leased from, charges me about $7.00/mo for it.
    edited February 2011
    verdi942,

Why it's illegal for an insurance carrier to sell GAP coverage in NY is a mystery to me. It just doesn't make any sense. I would press further. Where does it say that it's illegal? Perhaps it's illegal for particular carriers (e.g., direct underwriting companies) to sell GAP for some unknown reason but, for other's, it's perfectly legal.

I'd examine the NY Code of Regulations and, then, call the NY Department of Insurance. You may want to check out these links...

http://www.ins.state.ny.us/ogco2008/rg080320.htm

http://www.01insurance.com/learn/gap-coverage-new-york-auto-insurance.html

These links suggest to me that it's not illegal to sell GAP in NY. Perhaps the good 'ole state of NY should make it illegal for Toyota, and others, to overcharge for GAP coverage. Assuming Toyota self insures their residuals, I'm betting that if the NY Insurance Commission required Toyota to file a statistically valid cost study, they would quickly discover that $7 per month for GAP is grossly usurious. Think about it... $84 per year in exchange for the risk of covering the amount by which the lease balance exceeds the value (ACV) of the vehicle in the event that the vehicle is totaled or stolen but never recovered. That is over reaching by any stretch. But, that's life in America the Great! It's all about money and GREED!

John
    The Autoleasegeek
    That was my long-term insurance agent telling me he couldn't sell Gap insurance in NY, though he said could do so in NJ. Sounds fishy to me, too; but we're talking about a Base I4 AWD stickering at $24,000; with a $15,000 residual for $800 up front; $213/mo - 12K/yr; 2 yrs service [5 visits]; $.15/mi extra miles. The car is MUCH improved over my similar 2007 model, which leased for a lot more, given pre-Recession conditions. Overall, I'm OK with the deal.
    My insurance company also could not offer me Gap insurance...not sure if it was due to me living in NY as well. Either way $7 a month won't kill me so it is a non issue for me.

So far happy with car as well per lease amount paid even though I wish cabin noise was a little better....with 4 cylinder getting arounf 28+ MPG on Highway and probably around 18 around town which seems good for this size of vehicle. I also drive very soft with slow start ups and some coasting when possible. I would imagine people with lead feet will get very dissapointing local MPG.
    hackd, I'm seeing about 25mpg at fillups, measured - that's with 1/3 NYC traffic; 1/3 highway and 1/3 short suburban trips. FWIW, my experience is that I getter better mpg accelerating quickly to speed; then pushing the gas as little as possible afterwards. Lotsa coasting to red lights and such. I expect 30mpg+ on this summer's road trips.
    edited February 2011
    Great mileage....I will try to go a little harder at start up as you describe and see if it helps. I think after the break in period 30 mpg on the highway at 60-65mpg may be possible. I actually wish the gas tank had more capacity as the car gets better mileage then my previous 08 Subaru Legacy but actually has a smaller tank...seems odd based on the size of the Rav4.
  • mwahlertmwahlert Member Posts: 101
    what is the residual and MF on 2011 rav4 limited v6 4x4

15k, 36mth ?

thanks!
    I am also interested, but more for 12K miles/year.
  • wdomkr03wdomkr03 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for the residual and MF for a 2011 Rav4 V6 4x4 Sport and Limited - 36 mo, 15K. It seems from the national ads that the current deal is the same as when we leased ours, but when my dad went to the local dealership the payment is a lot higher than our lease earlier this year. I just need this information to see where his payment should be around with the current lease deal. Thank you!
  • jbaloonyjbaloony Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys,
    I just put a (refundable) deposit on lease terms and was wondering what you think, please??

2011 RAV4, AWD, 3rd row.
    MSRP 25,874
    Risidual value 16,121

36 months, 12K/mo
    2000 down payment + car trade in (an old clunker)

219/mo.

NO acquisition fees, NO tax payments, NO other fees (all covered by trade-in)

I am ready to grab this deal, it took a lot of negotiating, but wanted to see what y'all thought? GOOD DEAL OR NOT????

Really appreciate any thoughts, thank you!
    anna
    edited May 2011
    That monthly payment looks very good; the upfront $$ plus your clunker [even junkyards are paying about $250/ton for them these days] seems a little high. However, given the rising price situation these days, I think it would be hard to beat this deal. Oh, and make sure you get gap insurance [about $7/mo from Toyota].
  • jbaloonyjbaloony Member Posts: 2
    thank you verdi942,
    closed the deal today :-)
  • fire3fire3 Member Posts: 6
    Hey guys/gals, recently got a quote sheet from local Florida Toyota dealership and I wanted to see if someone could evaluate this lease...

Vehicle Price: 24,867.00
    Market Discount: 2,259.00
    Vehicle Selling Price: 22,608.00

Sales Tax: 1,454.79
    Title, etc: 248.75
    Dealer fee: 699.95

Rebates: 1000 grad school program, 500 customer loyalty
    Cash Due at signing: 500

And per Toyota, they are absorbing the last two monthly payments of my current lease (although i haven't seen that in writing yet)

15k / mo - with 500 down is $264.00 / month

My main question is, the deal is for 2,000 down but with the grad school discount and customer loyalty, that's 1500 dollars they are "giving me"...that just doesn't seem fair. Any advice? I don't have the residual % or MF yet but credit is perfect
    You mean 15k/yr? Just $500 up front out of your pocket?$264/mo? Not a bad deal, if true. Watch out for add-ons; make sure you get gap insurance [about $7/mo from Toyota]. Also, ask about the 2 yrs free service.
    PS - Toyota's not "absorbing" the old lease payments; just excusing you from your contractual responsibility for them. Happens all the time, when they want to move the iron.
  • fire3fire3 Member Posts: 6
    Sorry, 15k/ yr.

The down payment was $2000 upfront but the customer loyalty and grad program reduce it to $500.

Once we go in to finalize the sale, they will break out everything which I am sure will show any add ons or extra fees.

I forgot to mention that they are "waiving" the first payment by pushing it back to the end of the month. I know that leases are normally first payment due when you buy but it appears they can push it back? Anything fishy about that?

In regards to the GAP insurance, I am out of Florida...should I get a quote through the insurance first or is it better to stick with the dealer?

Thanks,
  • stemarkelstemarkel Member Posts: 2
    Hi: Can anyone tell me the current residual %age and money factor for leasing a 2011 RAV4?
    Thanks.
  • stemarkelstemarkel Member Posts: 2
    Hi: Can anyone tell me the current money factor and residual value percentage being used for leasing a RAV4?
    Thanks!
  • californiamarkcaliforniamark Member Posts: 2
    It's almost always better to stick with your own insurance for gap coverage. Mine is $2/month with Amica.
  • cac101cac101 Member Posts: 2
    I am getting the followig from a local dealership in MA. Just looking to see if these numbers look good. Trading in my wife's Mazda MPV LX 2003 with 53,000 miles on it. This is for the RAV with 3rd row.

Term is 36 months

Money Factor 0.00065

Selling Price is $22,257.00

Sales tax on lease is $483.84

Trade allowance is $3,000.00

Base Monthly Payment $215.10

Thanks Bob

Here are the details on the RAV
    Retail Total
    Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 22475.00 $ 22475.00
    50 State Emissions .........................
    Value Package (Savings of up to $540): ..... 150.00
    includes 17-in. 5-Spoke Styled Steel .......
    Wheels with P225/65R17 Tires and Full-Size .
    Spare Tire on 17-in. Steel Wheel, Daytime ..
    Running Lights (DRL), Roof Rack and ........
    Privacy Glass (Rear Side, Quarter and Rear .
    Door Windows) ..............................
    Fabric-Trimmed 50/50 Split & Stow 3rd Row .. 940.00
    Seat with Fold-Flat-Into-Floor Capability ..
    and Height-Adjustable Headrests (Hill .....
    Start Assist Control and Downhill Assist ...
    Control included with 3rd Row Seats) .......
    (Replaces 2nd Row Seat One-Touch Fold-Flat .
    Levers and Rear Deck Cargo Foldable Deck ...
    Board) .....................................
    --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 1090.00 $ 1090.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 810.00
    TDA .........................................:
    Gasoline ....................................:
    ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 24375.00
  • eveangel7eveangel7 Member Posts: 1
    First off, I love the suv and the features and color, but I am wondering if the deal is good enough and whether it is a better idea to lease or buy. We are trying to lease or purchase a base model 2011 Rav 4 with some upgrades like bumper strips on the doors and tinted rear view and privacy glass...none of the other pricey extras. They are quoting us :

Buy-
    MSRP 24, 537.00
    - 400.00 (savings)
    ----------------------------------
    24, 137.00
    + 2, 076.00 taxes (8.6%) LA
    + 250.00 (registration, title,etc.)
    --------------------------------------------------
    26,463.00 total

that with 60 mos. loan @ 2.99, $1000 college incentive and $2500 down, equals...

$409.89 a month for 5 years , with toyota care package for two years,3-5 year warranty, etc.

OR we could do a 36 mo. lease for $275 a month (including the money down and college incentive) and have the two years free oil changes care package, 3 yr. warranty, etc.

Do either of these sound like good deals? Also, they told us that they are only making $700 on the car at this price, and they can't quote lower because since it is almost a base model there is not much markup in the car. Does that sound truthful?
    Thanks for your help!
  • bgkk75sbgkk75s Member Posts: 2
    You need to share additional details about which base model you are looking at. Is it a 4 cyl all wheel drive model or 6 cylinder front wheel drive? What is the money factor and residual? $275 is too high if you are talking a base model and putting $2500 down. It should be closer to $175 or less.

I was able to get my 4 cyl Rav4 Sport all wheel drive down to about $24500 and my lease payment is only $270 a month wiht nothing down other than first month payment. $275 is too high if you are talking a base model and putting $2500 down.
  • mitch360mitch360 Member Posts: 27
    What is MF and residual in Dec. for RAV4 Limited, 6 cylinder, 10,000 miles? Thanks.
  • nlm2898nlm2898 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Can you please help me with money factor and residual on the 11 Rav 4 base and sport models in zip 07052?

Thank you
    Nicole
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Nicole. According to hand, dandy Google the zip code 07052 is for New Jersey. That falls in Toyota's New York region. Toyota's current New York region buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2011 RAV4 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are an amazingly low .00001 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for the 2011 Sport 4WD model would be .00001 and 58%.

These residual values aren't as great as they initially appear though. Unlike most banks, TFS publishes residual value percentages only for base models. It places restrictions upon the options that can be residualized. Doing so makes its effective residual values lower than its published percentages initially appear and makes it difficult for individual consumers to work up lease payments on their own.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • netdevelopernetdeveloper Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a Lease on either the 2011 or 2012 RAV4 and visited a dealer in the NY area. He stated that Toyota does not offer a 3rd row in a limited edition with Leather and that I would have to buy a base model and have the dealer install the leather seats. Here is what I am being offered -

4 WD Base Model 4 cylinder RAV4 with 3rd Row option
    Dealer installed Leather Seats
    Cap Cost: $26000
    Money Factor: 0.00001
    Residual Value: $15,411
    Term: 36 Months

$332 per month for 15k miles per year
    $319 for 12k miles per year.

Even though this would be considered a 0 down deal, the dealer stated that I would have to pay the bank fee ($650 plus tax, so $695), NJ taxes for lease period ($836), first month's payment and the NJ registration fee, so I guess I would be putting down around $2000.

The dealer told me that the invoice for the base model itself was $24k and with the 3rd row option it was more. The leather installation was another $2k and that they were making pretty much no money for this sale. I wasn't sure if that was accurate and wanted an opinion from an expert before finalizing anything. I was tempted to ask him to include the integrated bluetooth feature and offer the 2012 model instead for the above numbers.

I qualify for the top credit tier.

Please let me know what your suggestion on whether this is a good price or not.

Thanks for your help.
  • choochoomanchoochooman Member Posts: 38
    why would small kids need a leather seat? also if dealer can install leather on all 3 rows of seats on the base model why can't they just install it on the limiteds 3rd row seat only? also no dealer can afford to sell cars at no profit they wouldn't be able to keep there doors open long. also check with the lease agreement if u have to pay a disposal fee at lease turn in. are there any other dealers u can go to??
  • netdevelopernetdeveloper Member Posts: 2
    If anything, small kids need a leather seat more than adults, as it is easier to clean.

I was told that the 3rd row only comes with the Base 4WD model, so they can't install it on the Limited edition. I am not sure if this is something specific to the NY area, or whether Toyota just doesn't manufacturer a 3rd row on Limited. The second row can move back and forth, probably 6-10 inches with the 3rd row option.
  • orangeman99orangeman99 Member Posts: 88
    Does anybody know the March residuals and money factor on the 2012 RAV4 Limited 4-cyl 4x4?

Looking for 3yr/12k per year lease. I'm still deciding between this and the Highlander SE.

Thanks.
  • aholsheyaholshey Member Posts: 4
    I'm helping my mother-in-law with her purchase/lease of a 2012 RAV 4 4Cyl 4X4 Ltd. The Delaware dealer is pricing the car at $832 over invoice and is offering a .0001 money factor plus $500 cash back. I'm OK with that much of the deal, but am concerned about some fees. There is a $419 "processing fee" that includes three year registration and tags, plus there is an acquisition fee of $650 for the lease, all in addition to the $810 fee that comes on the car's sticker. Are these fees reasonable?
  • aholsheyaholshey Member Posts: 4
    We were quoted 17,542.
  • jyaleloehrjyaleloehr Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Hi all,
    Wondering what people thing of the lease agreement I was just offered...

2012 Rav4 V6 Sport AWD. Model #4443A.

$4K down (Total out of pocket - inclusive of first month payment, all fees & taxes)
    $249 per month including taxes, 36 Month Lease, 12K miles/year.
    Residual value of $17,200 at the end of the lease.

Is this a good deal?