Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sienna Lease Questions

Comments

• indecisionindecision Member Posts: 22
    they did not ding me on the carpets at all!!
  • family_manfamily_man Member Posts: 4
    I'm still in the market for a minivan. Does anyone have the money factors and residuals for a 2010 Sienna LE 8 passenger 3yr/36K and 3yr/45K lease. Also, same info for a 2010 XLE FWD with the same terms/mileage. I live in northern Virginia.

Thank you!
  • family_manfamily_man Member Posts: 4
    With regards to my previous post, I'm guessing that Toyota keeps this information close to the vest. Does anyone have any information regarding leasing a Sienna?

Thank you!
  • descartesdvd1descartesdvd1 Member Posts: 15
    I was given 50% residual for an XLE w/ QN (package #4) and .00002 mf assuming tier 1 credit for 3yr/36k. I asked 2 diff dealers and they both confirmed the mf which is crazy. I'm in NoVa as well. However, when I crunched the numbers myself, the monthly cost came out to be ~$30 less per month than the dealer's quote. Was told to come in to discuss. Still have yet to. I am torn between going forward and waiting until the 2011 comes out which I hear is Jan 2010. I figure either I will go with the new redesign or score a great deal on the older one. However, selection will be more limited. Hope this helps.
  • siennadcrsiennadcr Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have the money factors & residuals for LE 3y/36K & 3yr/45K in boston.
  • robbygrobbyg Member Posts: 61
    Hi Car_man, can you post the current November Toyota Financial lease info for a 2010 LE 8 Passenger Sienna with package #2 (QF) for 36 months 12k miles. I'm in the Los Angeles area.

Thanks!
    Hi Car_man - any luck getting the info above? Thanks
  • maytalmaytal Member Posts: 12
    I'm interested in the MF & Residual for XML as well in LA area.

Would love to hear what kind of lease deals folks have gotten in the SoCal area.
  • maytalmaytal Member Posts: 12
    Help! I would love other's opinions.

I am looking at closing a deal this weekend, is this a good deal? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I live in So. Cal so the tax is a crazy 9.75%, .00097 money factor

Model: 2010 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger w/VP #3, carpet floor mats
    MSRP....................$34,090
    My Price..............$31,272

Special Lease based on Tier 1+ Credit 12K miles/year for 3 years
    Down (including driveoff)..................$2000
    Monthly Payment (including tax)........$497.90

Do you think I could get him to lower the selling price any more? Do these numbers seem to add up right?

Thanks in advance!
    Looks like you got an AWD XLE, not sure about the MSRP you listed, according to Edmunds the MSRP with the options you listed and destination should be 35,005 and invoice is 31,339.

What is the residual value for this lease?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi robbyg. Here's the information that you're looking for. Toyota Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Sienna LE with 12,000 miles per year in its Los Angeles region are .00001 and 54%, respectively.

Keep in mind though that TFS' published residual value percentages are for vehicles' base MSRPs. It places restrictions upon what options can be residualized, making it difficult for individual consumers to figure out what the functional residuals are for individual models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi maytal. Toyota is running an amazing lease program on the Sienna in your area right now. Please see my previous post for the info that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Wow Car_man, that makes this lease much more attractive then I thought! Do you know how long this special is good for and is it good for the entire Southern California region?
  • dyldyl Member Posts: 27
    Just leased a 2010 XLE Pack #2 12k miles, 36 months, 800 down, $432 monthly.
    Car sold for 27900 in ohio
    Hi Car_man - can you confirm if this lease special is still good for the month of December for the Los Angeles area? I emailed a few dealers about this lease deal but they are ignoring my emails, seems they aren't too eager to give me this deal for some reason!

Thanks
  • capplacappla Member Posts: 29
    Hi Car_man,

Can you post the current December Toyota Financial lease info for both 2010 Sienne CE 8 passenger (5328) and 2010 Sienna LE 8 passenger (5338) models for 36 months, 12K/yr. I'm in the Tampa, Florida area.
  • jfn1000jfn1000 Member Posts: 40
    :D I would also be interested in understanding the lease rates (money factor and residuals) for either a 2010 Sienna LE or XLE AWD ion the northeast (Boston area). 3 yr/12k per year
  • dyldyl Member Posts: 27
    First lease (till now was buying the car).
    got the following deal:
    2010 XLE Pack #2 12k miles, 36 months
    Money factor 0.00097
    Residual 54%
    800 down, $431 monthly.
    Car cost 27900

Is it a good deal?
    Thanks
  • alagalag Member Posts: 1
    It seems it is a good deal, which dealer?
    Hi Car_man - when you say the the residual is based on the base vehicle MSRP, you mean the MSRP w/out any of the options and w/out the delivery fee correct?

My local dealers are quoting me a residual value that is less than 54% on the 2010 8 passenger LE for 36 months, 12K miles. If I take the MSRP w/out options and w/out delivery fee the residual comes out to be about 51%. When I mention the 54% residual they say that Edmunds info is absolutely incorrect. They at least do agree that the money factor here in LA is .00001 so that part matches what you quoted earlier.

What gives? How could they have a different residual value or am I not calculating it correctly?
    Hi dyl - what exactly was the residual value on your car? Was is $16,800 (54% of MSRP + options + delivery of $31,110) or was it closer to $16,051 (54% of base MSRP of $29,725)? I'm trying to understand how Toyota Financial calculates their residuals since Car_man mentioned they do it on the base MSRP.

Thanks
  • number1leasingnumber1leasing Member Posts: 18
    Toyota doesnt use a % residual, they have the residual printed on their invoice for that specific car. This means that 2 exact same cars manufactured at different could have different residuals just as 2 cars with different options could have the same residual. Example is I had leased out a 2010 Camry and another 2010 camry, 1 was $299MSRP/$201INVOICE more for an optional blulogic bluetooth system but their invoice residuals were the same which would make them different %s for the same model/trim car.
  • ready2buy4ready2buy4 Member Posts: 1
    I'm just starting my education and shopping. Looking for an LE AWD #2. My plan was to read up on prices, negotiate price, then decide (or really inform) that I plan to lease vs. buy. Any guidance / data would be welcome and appreciated. Many thanks.
    Yes, robbyg, All of Southern California has the same lease program. The numbers that I mentioned should be good through January 4th.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cappla. Toyota is running a 39-month special lease on the 2010 Sienna in its Southeast region right now. SE Toyota's current buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of a '10 Sienna in that area is .00205.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi robbyg. Yes, TFS' published residual value percentages are calculated using vehicles' base MSRPs aka without any options. Unlike most other banks, TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. Calculating the residual values for Toyota vehicles is so tricky that Toyota provides dealers with a list of the dollar residual values for the specific units that they have in stock rather than relying upon them to calculate them on their own. It is very difficult for individual consumers to accurately calculate lease payments on Toyota vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
  • descartesdvd1descartesdvd1 Member Posts: 15
    Do you happen to know the lease terms (residual/mf) for 3yr/12k for the DC area? Looking to lease an xle w/QN. thanks.
  • pmannymoepmannymoe Member Posts: 24
    Trying to find info on a '10 Limited AWD in the Cleveland area. Do you have the money factor and residual? We hope to get option package #2. Thanks and Happy New Year.
  • yortizyortiz Member Posts: 42
    Car Man,

Can you post the lease rates for January? I understand the the residual can vary but i am interested in what the money factor currently is. Thanks!
  • yortizyortiz Member Posts: 42
    forgot to mention that I am in Central/southern california.
  • jbryson1jbryson1 Member Posts: 6
    I'm turning in my '08 Sienna in one month, hoping to lease a new one. Dealer has one coming in at that time. I'm looking to lease for 36 mo. 12K year, 0 down. Salesman has emailed me that MSRP with options, fully loaded, is a whopping $44K before our 5.1% tax (Ltd model with everything but AWD) . What would you expect mo. lease rate? What kind of $ can I save if I pre pay the lease? We've leased 4 other Toyotas from TFS so, I expect the sec dep to be waived. I expect that the dealer will not be discounting these brand new models. Is that reasonable? Any thoughts? Thank you.
  • benji123benji123 Member Posts: 104
    In Los Angeles area and interested in the LMF and Residual for a 36 month, 12,000 mile lease on 2010 Sienna XLE FWD 7-Passenger. Are the terms for the Limited much different? What about the 2011 models?

Thanks!
  • benji123benji123 Member Posts: 104
    Car_man, could you please provide the money factor and residual percentage for the 2010 Sienna XLE FWD in the Los Angeles area? I'm interested in 10-12,000 miles per year and 24-36 months, whichever has the best deal right now...
  • atsu888atsu888 Member Posts: 4
    Just a FYI:
    I leased a 2010 Sienna LE (no options) 8 pass for $324.95 including tax.
    3 years, 12K miles per, $1700 cash out of pocket.

I understand that I got $500 under invoice.

Carson Toyota in Southern Cali...
  • rose33rose33 Member Posts: 56
    Hi Car Man,

Could you please post the residuals and MFs for the 2011 Sienna XLE AWD and the XLE FWD V6 for February (36 mo., 15,000 miles)? I live in southeast Michigan.

Thanks!
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Likewise Car Man,
    could you post the same numbers for southern california, los angeles area?
    Much appreciated! :)
  • cjsesqcjsesq Member Posts: 2
    Car Man:

Can you post the MFs and residual values for the 2011 Sienna XLE Limited and XLE FWD V6, 36 Months and 15K per year in South Jersey. Any idea on an approximate payment with 0 down?

Thank you! This is a great service.
  • capplacappla Member Posts: 29
    Hi Car_man,

Can you post the current February Toyota Financial lease info for a 2011 Sienna LE 2WD 8-Passenger 3.5L v6 model for 36 months, 12K/yr. I'm in the Tampa, Florida area.
  • fsudreyerfsudreyer Member Posts: 28
    Has anyone gotten a better lease than the $349 and 3k out of pocket. I went into a dealership and was told the price was basically a LOSS leader. The best they would do is taking off $400 off the down payment and everything else the same! :mad:
  • fsudreyerfsudreyer Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2010
    I just pulled the trigger on a 2011 XLE (base w/floor mats) MSRP 33K+ for 390/month with $2K out of pocket. I used the internet dept at Lehman toyota in Miami. Very happy so far. Van drives like a dream. ;);)
  • prahcharovprahcharov Member Posts: 5
    I am in Phoenix, AZ, and am looking to lease a Yoyota Sienna 2011 XLE with dvd system. Anyone out there leased one recently? Anyone got a figure of what I should be paying?
    Your help is much appreciated.
    Cheers!
    Steve
  • charlottenolecharlottenole Member Posts: 5
    Car Man,
    Do you have the lease numbers for the XLE and LTD versions. Looking for 36 months 12-15k per year. Thanks for you help.
    Hi charlottenole. I don't believe that Toyota is providing lease support on the new 2011 Sienna yet. As a result, if you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. The last time I checked, TFS' buy rate standard lease money factor was .00255 for everywhere but its Southeast region.

TFS' current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for a 2011 Sienna XLE are 58%. The residual for an otherwise identical lease of a LTD model are 57%.

If you were to lease either of these vans with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 2% higher.

The problem with these numbers are that TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. As a result, it is difficult for anyone, except for dealers to figure out exactly what the payments should be like for specific units.

Car_man
    Host
    I just posted this in the How to Calculate Monthly Lease Payments thread, but thought I would post over here to since it relates to the Sienna XLE AWD with Entertainment Package. Would appreciate any advice!

I would appreciate some help with my monthly lease payment. The numbers that the dealer has given me don't add up to the monthly payment. Here are the numbers:

Net Cap Cost - 35,693
    Residual - 20319
    Finance Fee - .00241
    Sales Tax - 6%
    36 Month Lease

The dealer is telling me that my monthly payment will be $561 (that includes tax - I double checked this) but I get a monthly payment of $595.77 when I calculate it. I thought for sure it was the tax, but I checked that with the dealer and he said tax is already included. Obviously, this mistake would be in my benefit, but I am leery of anything where the numbers don't add up right. And I don't want to put a deposit down and order the car only to have them say they made a mistake when I go to pick the car up. I would like to know what they could potentially be up to, if anything, before I raise this issue with him. Is this a huge red flag that I should be concerned with? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    What state do you live in? If you live in a state where the tax is collected upfront, perhaps it's already included in the net CAP cost?

Otherwise, I agree with your numbers..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the response kyfdx. I live in Michigan. I currently lease a car and the sales tax is paid monthly as part of my lease payment so I'm assuming that will be the case with this lease.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    Yeah... I would think so..

Maybe he is expecting a $1000 downpayment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 03qx03qx Member Posts: 91
    Could you please post the rate and residual on a 36 Mo 12K Lease for the 2011 Sienna Limited. We are interested in the Limited Premium Package, I assume that can be residualized, right?

Thanks !!!
  • dev_pdev_p Member Posts: 22
    I got email from dealer which says lease new 2011 sienna
    $239/month $2799 down MSRP 24116 (12K miles)

I am new to leasing not sure how to quantify these details
    Also Not sure what MSRP in here means like since we are not buying. is there a standard calc to use?
  • scott31scott31 Member Posts: 292
    Never EVER put money down on a lease.