Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions

18910111214»

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Yes I do, carbonr. Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Golf R with 15,000 miles per year are .00142 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • gambrillgambrill Member Posts: 10
    Could you be so kind as to post Sign Then Drive lease details on the following vehicles?

GTI - Drivers Edition
    GTI - Wolfsburg
    Golf R

Thank you very much
  • gambrillgambrill Member Posts: 10
    I forgot to add, 12k miles per year.
    Hi gambrill. Through July 8th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 GTI Driver's Edition or Wolfsburg with 15,000 miles per year are .00139 and 50%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 Golf R are .00142 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • pizzakid13pizzakid13 Member Posts: 6
    the last money factor posted helped me get an idea of what rate vw is offering right now. But, I am not sure what the % of residual price means. Is it % of MSRP or sale price?

Also, is there a formula for calculating miles on a lease? Current manufacturer lease deals are 12k/yr deals. I need a 15k deal. Any way to take the advertised special and apply it to more miles?

Thanks.
    Hi pizzakid13. Lease payments are made up of two main parts, the interest portion and the depreciation portion. Vehicles' residual values are used to calculate how much depreciation lessees have to pay. They are based upon a percentage of vehicles' full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized.

All of manufacturers' published residual values are usually based on leases with 15,000 miles per year. The residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year are usually 2% higher, through some banks are an exception to this.

It sounds as though you might be somewhat new to leasing. If so, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks. Actually, this will be my 3rd. The first was a while ago though. I just purchased my '10 GTI and plan to sell since the buyout is much lower than retail. So I figure I can at least make up the taxes paid over 3 years.

So, if I understand correctly, I can add two percent to the manufacturers advertised 12k leases to get a price for a 15k?
  • m6pwrm6pwr Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    What are the money factor and residual figures for a 36 mo/10k mi lease with top tier credit on:

2013 GTI dr base

2012 Golf R 2 dr (new)

Thanks for your help.
  • addmundsaddmunds Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Hello Sirs and Madams,

I am planning to lease GTI 2013 (15,000miles/yr; 36months; 2door automatic with Conv./Sunroof Pack) and I have few inquiries. Please Help!

1) What is the Residual% as of August 2013? (What dealer would use)
    2) What is the Money Factor as of August 2013? (What dealer would use)
    3) From Calculating my own lease guide(http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html) the example is using .00375 as a money factor and states it's common rate however, on other posts, gti was around .00036. Am I using the wrong number here?
    4) PZEV or not, the price is the same. If I can choose, should I go with PZEV?
    5) I did a credit check with one of the VW dealer, can other VW dealer view the results?
    6) Is this a bad time to lease GTI as redesigned 2015 will be coming out in spring 2015?

Thank you very much!!
  • mykey7mykey7 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I am looking to lease a 2013 4dr drivers package with dsg. I live in NYC , looking for 12000 miles. Are their any incentives? What is th MF and residual? What would a 36 mont lease look like. id loke to put down $1500 total . Thank you in advance.
  • mtncntrlmtncntrl Member Posts: 3
    Hey mykey7, looking at the same car myself. Did you get any info or did you make the deal? Any info is much appreciated.
  • mtncntrlmtncntrl Member Posts: 3
    Hi CarMan,

Looking at a 4-door 2014 GTI Drivers Edition.

Can you give me current numbers for a 36 mo. lease - 15k miles per year?

Thanks in advance!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,590
    .00166 MF and 55% residual..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jcockerjcocker Member Posts: 18
    Hi kyfdx,

Can you tell me what the October 2013 Money Factor and Residual are for:

2013 - VW GTI - Drivers Edition - DSG
    36 months - 15k miles

Bay area dealers are starting at 5k off MSRP
    Thank you very much in advance,
    Jarvis
    :shades:
    2013 VW GTI 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00015 MF and 49% residual

$5K off, huh? Should be in the low $300s + tax?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jcockerjcocker Member Posts: 18
    Hi kyfdx,

Sorry to bug ya again - I didn't jump on the deal last month...going to this month...
    Can you tell me what the November 2013 Money Factor and Residual are for:

2013 - VW GTI - Drivers Edition - DSG
    36 months - 15k miles

Bay area dealers are still starting at 5k off MSRP
    Thank you very much in advance,
    Jarvis
    :shades:
    .00013 MF and 48% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• panos1panos1 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Hi kyfdx, can you tell me this months money factor and residual value in florida for a

2013 VW GTI Wolfsburg edition DSG
    36 months - 12000 miles

The Dealer told me $23914 after incentives, residual value $13630 50% and money factor .0013
    $303 + tax and I guess + dealer fees.
    2013 VW GTI
    36 months - 12000 miles

.00013 MF and 50% residual (note the extra zero in the money factor)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

is there a difference in residual/MF for the 2013 drivers edition with manual? i'm gonna take a look at one this week.
    As far as I can tell, those numbers are good for all 2013 GTIs..

I'd like a 4-door please.... not picky about color...3 pedals, only... What comes with the driver's package?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

so that extra zero looks like the rate is real low. am i computing that correctly?
    Yeah... that's really low.. About $5-$6 per month for the finance charge portion of the lease..

Almost free money... ;-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yes. I am torn on which way to go. The 0% financing is nice but won't apply if using other discounts like truecar price quotes. So i would be looking at maybe 2% on a purchase. Once I have a price I like, I can compare the two.
    At those prices, I would lease..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

is 26,300 on a '13 Drivers edition with manual.

i was told that the leasing price would be 1500 higher since the truecar discounts are for purchases only. not that i would accept that, but its what they said so far.

there's a 1500 reduction from factory to dealer.
  • jks279jks279 Member Posts: 4
    What is the residual value and the money factor for 2013 GTI Base DSG 2DR assuming 12,000 miles per year for three years?

Thank you again
    .00013 MF and 50% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    edited December 2013
    I leased a 2013 driver's edition GTI in automatic transmission.....no monster mats...pretty much standard everything..leather, sunroof, NAV system, etc...terms were 36 months, 12K miles annually...total out of pocket including my first month's payment and tax & tag was $1,000...monthly payment is $339 plus tax. Is this a good deal. Again, it's a 2013 and not a 2014 (which means all service is covered for a full 3 years rather than only 2 years on the 2014 model car)
  • fminaudfminaud Member Posts: 3
    To bond guy...where did u get that deal? What part of country are u in ?
    edited December 2013
    I am in Ft Lauderdale, Florida...money factor on 2013 is MUCH better as expected...it was .00013 (and yes, that is three "0"s" in that money factor
  • gplayer431gplayer431 Member Posts: 1
    Hey bondguy1, any chance you can direct me to your salesman? I'm in SoFla as well and on the hunt for a GTI. I'd appreciate the help man!
    yes...I got it from Gunther in Coconut Creek and I dealt with a guy named Sammy ( I think he spells it Sami)...tell him Dean sent you and I think if it's a referral I get a referral fee...or, maybe he will take it off the price of your car. Nice guy and easy to deal with...good luck (and BTW, the 2013's are a MUCH better deal)
  • NewCarPleaseNewCarPlease Member Posts: 1

Hi Kyfdx,

Thanks for the 2014 numbers. Could you please post the numbers for a 2013 GTI, 36mo/15k?

Thanks!

2013 GTI 36mo, 15K/yr lease

.00013 MF and 48% residual

$750 lease cash

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Please visit the 2014 Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions discussion for current 2014 model year lease questions.

This discussion has been closed.