Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• cg62cg62 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Car_Man for the info. Leased a 2010 jetta wolfsburg DSG last night.

$358 per month
    D.A.S. just motor vehicle fees
    15k per year.
    includes recent college grad program VW pays first months payment.
    MSRP 24,135 includes mat kit and net kit.
    SP $22,000 after $1000 VW incentive money

VW has a total of $1000 available toward a lease + college program..
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi melech37. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta Sedan SE with 10,000 miles per year are .00138 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00200 and 51%.

On the 2010 Wolfsburg, the 36 month numbers are .00236 and 61% and the 48 month numbers are .00270 and 54%.

This month Volkswagen is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of the '10 Jetta through its captive finance company.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome, cg62. Congratulations on getting your Wolf. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • strokerkriby1strokerkriby1 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me what the residual for a 2009 JSW SE with manual transmission is? Both 12K and 10K miles/year. I have a quote and they said the residual is 46% and 47% for 12K and 10K miles/year, respectively. Thanks!
  • guaporrtguaporrt Member Posts: 4
    CG62, I am picking up my 2010 Wolf tomorrow. Did you have to pay a security deposit? - Thanks
  • cg62cg62 Member Posts: 8
    I did not have to pay a security deposit. good luck with your new Wolfy
  • vicu2vicu2 Member Posts: 2
    Would like to know what is the best deal out there for a 3 years lease / 15K miles allowance per year/no money down and with FICO > 760 .

My wife got a quote (they said) at $1,000 bellow invoice and the money factor somewhere at 0.048, which I thought it was extremelly high.I may be looking to go through a different bank (Chase,Wells) for better lease programs.Her payment came up to $327 (tax oncluded) for an `09 Jetta 5C SE (no GPS),but well equipped othewise (sunroof,6CD,heated seats).We`re in thr Bay Area (CA).

All replies will be much appreciated.
  • selmselm Member Posts: 122
    Hi Car_man!

Do you know if the program for the 2010 Wolfsburg Jetta (DSG) changed for October? Is there a cash incentive for leasing?

If there wasn't a change in the program, it looks to me like it might be a much better deal to purchase instead of lease. Do you know if there is 0% financing for 36 months for the Wolf?

Thanks for all of your help. You have been a great resource over the years.
  • vicu2vicu2 Member Posts: 2
    Actually, the money rate quoted is 0.00048 for the 20009 VW Jetta SE (36 mos/12K miles a year)..I missed on 2 zeros.Is that their buy rate or not? It seems that there`s a $750 money factor for the 2009 leases,hence the $1,000 bellow invoice (quoted) would make it actually $250 net beelow it.

Does this sound like a pretty good deal?

Still trying to get the money factor (buy rate) for 15K miles/year,since I`d like to decide if it`s worth to get the higher miles upfront or to pay for the overmiles at the end ($0.20/mile). Anyone did the math on this one yet?

Thank you.
  • melech37melech37 Member Posts: 18
    I just leased a 2010 Jetta SE in Tucson. I paid zero down (except 1st month's payment). 48 months, `10K yr. Monthly payments are $328 including TTL, sales tax, bank fee, OTD. Did everything by e-mail. Only went in to test the car and sign the papers. Will never negotiate any other way in the future.

I leased on OCT 2, so this is academic, but there was some confusion about incentives in Sept. Someone here said there was a $500 incentive, but Consumer Reports, which I have always found be be reliable, says NO incentives on the 2010 model.
  • greenarrow1greenarrow1 Member Posts: 17
    What is current MF rate and residual value for 2010 Jetta SEL for 12K miles/year for 36 months? 48 months? Are there any current lease incentives? I currently drive an '06 Jetta so I'm hoping VW will offer customer loyalty discount.
  • m01010m01010 Member Posts: 2
    I'm not sure if I can post it here but I don't know what I should do. I'm overwhelmed with my situation.
    I started with my 3-year lease of 09 Jetta SE a month ago. 0 down with 274/mo for 36 month (everything included). But I lost my job last week and I have to leave the country in a month. I know I am in serious trouble because the dealer told me I need to pay over $6000 for them to buy out the car for me. I think this is ridiculous but I don't know what else I can do. Can anybody give me some advice? I am hoping to limit my loss within $2000, but I know I have to get rid of it quickly. If this post is inappropriate here please let me know. Thanks
    There are services like swapalease.com or leasetrade.com (to name a few) that let you advertise to public that you want someone else to take over your lease. You can google for other similar web sites. You can also try talking to VW Credit if they hold your current lease. Good luck.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Did you put money down on the lease too? What part of the US are you? How many miles do you have on it?
  • m01010m01010 Member Posts: 2
    I am in Boston area. I've had it for a month and it has 1200 miles on it now. The lease is 12k miles/year. I didn't put money down on the lease, but I am willing to pay a couple of months for whoever wants the lease. Also I was going to try leasetrader or anything like that but my problem is that I have to leave the country soon and it will take longer with them. I decided to find somebody on my own.
  • citygirl7citygirl7 Member Posts: 1
    Help--need to lease a car this week. Need 36 month, 15,000 miles--Philadelphia area. lost my 2004 jetta to vandalism...first pass I heard $3000 down, $288 month, 36 mos...is this a good deal? Are there current (october) incentives? This is an automatic se? Thanks!
    It could take awhile, but your payment is quite attractive so that will help out. It could take a smaller amount of time. Its too bad I am stuck in a 08 G6 lease or I would get out immediately.
    That is a pretty steep deal! $3,000 down? You can pretty much be around lower $300's for the SE. $0 down! I would keep that money in the bank and drive away with minimal cost due.

Get a good sale price first, get all the incentives applied, and do a $0 down deal.
    You'll be surprised to see you can get a decent deal and be where you need to be.
    Remember for every $1,000 you put down it equals about $20-30 off your payment.
    So its not too much. Either choose to have that money in the bank, or dump it into a car that is not even yours, doesn't go to the principal if you opt to own it later. Who knows if you want out later on.

Good Luck, never take the first deal.
  • jingormjingorm Member Posts: 12
    i might be interested in taking over your lease. Can you tell me the specs on your car, the actual lease end date, the mileage allowance, and when you need to turn the car over?

please email me directly at jingo1@gmail.com

thanks.
    Hello strokerkriby1. VW Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jetta Wagon SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00084 and 46%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi selm. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta Wolfsburg with 15,000 miles per year are .00133 and 51%, respectively.

As far as cash incentives go, Volkswagen is currently providing $750 on VW Credit leases of Jetta Sedans with automatic transmissions and $1,250 Sedans with manual transmissions.

This car's special financing rates are 0.0% for up to three years, 2.9% for four years, and 3.9% for five years.

Car_man
    Host
    Cool username, greenarrow1. Here's the information that you're looking for. VW Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta SEL Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00048 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00120 and 44%.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of Jetta Sedans with automatic transmissions and $1,250 on Sedans with manual transmissions.

VW is not offering any loyalty incentives that I am aware of on this model right now, but it doesn't hurt to ask the dealer if there is any.

Car_man
    Host
  • leah732leah732 Member Posts: 4
    I was quoted over the internet, 2699 down and 239 a month for 36 months and 12k on a vw jetta. I am strongly considering it, but want to get the best deal I can. Furthermore, this was quoted for the standard SE, which I don't think comes with a leatherette interior that I prefer.

This comes to a lease price of 20150, while the MSRP for a standard SE is $22410.

Can I negotiate a better deal and get the interior that I want. I know I should negotiate the whole price of the vehicle. Furthermore, I have fair credit and need a monthly payment under 300. Do i have to put that high of a down payment ($2699)?
    Please do not put that much down on this lease! With a sale price of around $20k, it would hold a payment of around $300. More than likely under that. That would be financially unrealistic to put that much down for a lease.

Remember that for every $1,000 down, it only removes about $20 or so off your lease payment. It does not go to the principal, only to a "pretty" payment. Always, start off a lease deal with $0 down.

I do believe the leatherette does come standard with the SE. Nice part of about this, is that it wears extremely well. Getting the SEL(the top of the line Jetta) is more tough, not necessary, and would push you over your payment request.

Before signing anything, make sure you see the cost of the car, no hidden fees, dealer fees, etc. I currently lease an 08 Jetta SE. You will love the car!

Good luck, and one tip for ya, Take it slow when doing any deal. Its your money and it will be your car. There are other dealers out there. I think if we all slowed down, and looked at the deal realistically, we would be much happier. But, the have to have the new cars looking all shiny and new. It gets the emotional side of us all. :shades:
  • rsingletonrsingleton Member Posts: 19
    I'm looking to possibly takeover a 2009 / 2010 SE or SEL lease rather than buying a new car.. I live in Albany, NY.
  • leah732leah732 Member Posts: 4
    The dealer i am corresponding with said he can do 0 down with monthly payments of $318.

I did some research and there is 500 bonus cash and .00107 money factor for 2010 SEs for those who qualify. He already lowered the price to 800 under invoice....but he is talking like it is either or. Like, I can't get the price he quoted me PLUS the 500 cash back. Is this correct?

The dealer has not run my credit yet, but he says i will qualify for the .00107 money factor with "Tier 1 credit", and that would bring my monthly payment to $307.

I am doing calculations on my own, and getting slightly lower numbers for monthly payment. I am entering 51% residual value and using an online calculator.

Can the dealer be fudging with the residual value to get the higher monthly payment?

I'm not wanting to rush to the dealership and sign just yet, but I think i'm getting close to a good deal. Please help! Thanks!
  • rsingletonrsingleton Member Posts: 19
    Can anyone tell me if the volkswagon money factor rate is based on credit. I have a low credit score of 518, and was surprised to even get approved for lease. But the dealer said I would be in D-rate, but the money factor rate they offered was .0025. I was reading these forums and saw that the MF rate for 2010 SE was .00138. I was hoping to be able to go in an negotiate down toward .00138, but would like to know if my hands are tired b/c they will tell me my credit rating won't allow them to give me a lower rate.. Please advise.
    That payment is exactly what I was thinking you were going to get! I have had 2 leases in this range and have managed to keep the payment around this payment.
    I fairly certain that upon working a sale price, this will include all incentives too. Make sure you see that you are. The incentives are done through VW, not the dealership. This payment is more than I am sure you were looking for, but not by much. Considering you are keeping a nice chunk of change in the bank, while driving away with a new lease.

In fact, ironically, I was only a $1 more on my currently lease than my last lease before it...I ended up getting $25k car for a bargain, many incentives, lowering the price of the car. Of course now, you'll be hard pushed to find deals like that again.

You are pretty much there, If you can get $307-318, then do it! Do the math, its really not much more than you wanted anyway.
  • pink8pink8 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, ive never leased a vehicle before ... I was interested in leasing a 2010 jetta SE and have already gotten a couple different quotes. The best one ive gotten is:

15k x 1yr for 36mo.
    280 a month
    1500 down

all taxes and dmv fees included

is this a good deal or can I do better?
    Read some of the previous posts. So with $0 down you have a payment around $320 or so. What was your sale price? The downpayment is silly. Save it. Always push for better, but your close.
  • honeyhammshoneyhamms Member Posts: 4
    A dealer in chicago advised me to get into a drivers option program on a 2010 Jetta S automatic, Sell price 19,320. 1000 down for 48 months. payment is $378.

residual is 58%. And my interest rate is 9.9% becasue they say my credit is tier-3. Also they told me that i pay interest on the total sales price not just the portion I am financing. Does that make sense to anyone?

I have been at 3 dealers this week and cant seem to get a deal like you guys are posting on here.

PLease share what you know.
    like i said in my previous post, i have been to 3 dealers in chicago to purchase a new jetta. on saturday, i was negotiating a demo 2009 Jetta SE with 2000 miles.

MSRP was 22,500, but sales price was 20,500.
    Residual was 51%
    They would not tell me the money factor but I am tier 3 credit level
    Monthly payment quoted to me was $450

Am i getting scammed here? Is it because i'm a girl? what you think?
    What!?!! $450 on a VW SE? No way! Your payment should be about $300 or ever so slightly under. This being the deal was $0 down.

Yes, they are so scamming you. How are they getting a $450payment? You can get a car that is $30k for that price. You can get a Passat CC for that kind of payment.

Plus, this car is a demo, your sale price looks okay, but where in the world are they getting this payment? I would have laughed so hard. Heck this is going right into Audi territory. Like an A4.

If they are not willing to help you out! Don't take their crap, walk right out and go somewhere else. Get a sale price, $0 down.

oops? you getting a loan on the car?
    Thanks bvdj84.

I was told its becasue my credit is tier C and the money factor tripled. Plus I have about 1000 neg equity on my trade. But still, I thought 450 was steep and unreasonable.

Let me ask you a question, when you lease, do you pay interest on the entire sales price, or just the amount you are financing? I was told the interest is applied to the entire sales price paid out over the 36 month term.

So my interest would be based on $20,500 and not the $10,250 that I am financing. Casue the residual is 51%.
  • dc_jimmydc_jimmy Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2010 Jetta SportWagen SE, 36 mo, 10k mile

I did not have time to do a good negotiation on lease terms, so just wondering how badly they got me. I do have tier 1 credit

Wound up with .00194 moneyfactor and $595 acquisition fee

How much should these have been? They did tell me they could do much, much better on Jetta sedan, but this was first '10 non-tdi wagen they got in and had only been on lot for a week, which I do believe from monitoring dealer inventory in my area for the past few weeks

Our negotiated price on car was $1100 lower than sticker, so I expected them to try to make some back on the lease terms, but not sure what is norm.

Thanks for your insights
    Glad I waited for VW's Sign Then Drive program, but I think I might have missed out on October's cash incentives. So for November, are there any cash incentives or rebates for 2010 Jetta (any model)?
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Do you happen to have the lease numbers for both the 2010 and 2009 VW Jetta's...all trim levels if possible? Thanks.
  • timmbojtimmboj Member Posts: 123
    Hi Car_Man,

Do you have the November residuals and MF for a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI?

36 months, 12K/year.

Thanks!
  • scrappy_jackscrappy_jack Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for current money factor and residuals for a 2010 Jetta SportWagen SE auto with no extra options 36 months with 12k miles per year.

Thanks!
    Hi dc. I believe that VW Credit's buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta SportWagen SE was .00129 last month, which is a little lower than the factor that was used to calculate your payment. The acquisition fee that you were quoted looks about right though.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi greenarrow1. The only cash incentive that is available on leases of the 2010 Jetta is the waiver of its first lease payment, which you are already aware of.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sprinkler13. Here's the information that you're looking for. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta Sedan S with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for similar leases of other trim levels are as follows: .00097 / 54% for the '10 Sedan SE, .00151 / 54% for the '10 Sedan SEL, .00012 / 44% - '09 Sedan GLI, .00057 / 48% - '09 Sedan S, .00028 / 48% - '09 Sedan SE, .00028 / 48% - Sedan SEL, and .00113 / 50% - Sedan Wolfsburg.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do, timmboj. Here you go. VW Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with 12,000 miles per year are .00212 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi scrappy. Here's the info that you're interested in. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta SportWagen SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00162 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • tonyg71tonyg71 Member Posts: 1
    HI Car_Man: I've been reading thru this forum and many of your posts and I have a question or two. First, for the money factors and residuals you've quoted, may I ask where you obtain such information? While I don't doubt the veracity of your input, I was wondering if there is a place online where I can obtain this information from the direct source if, for instance, a salesman and I are in dispute over these elements. Also, how soon will one (or you) be able to obtain the new money factors for December 2010?

Thanks in advance for any help. Also, please know that I don't mean to offend, I just wish to look behind the curtain from time to time!
  • truetaotruetao Member Posts: 64
    Here's what I was offered for a 36 month lease with 10K miles per year:
    Vehicle price of $21,700, which is itemized as follows:
    $20,348 base invoice price
    $750 destination charge
    $165 protective mats and cargo cover
    $230 SCVDA fee
    $182 Full Fill something or other...
    $25 Port Prep Fee
    Add to the $21,700 vehicle price a $575 Acquisition Fee and $367 License Fees for a Gross Capitalized Cost of $22,642.
    Money Factor = .00097
    Residual value = 57%
    Monthly payment including tax = $337.71 with zero down payment. VW pays first month's payment.
    Is this a fair deal? I think the fees for SCVDA, Full Fill, and Port Prep totaling $437 are dealer fees that I should try to negotiate to be removed. It might be what Consumer Reports calls "Dealer Holdback" which should be deducted from the price.
    Any thoughts or advice are greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    What is with all the "Dealer" fees? Get rid of the fees, looks like they are trying to keep your sale price up higher! Do it or walk away, plenty of VW dealers around, and willing to make a deal. Sheesh. That is silly! Bull! lol :)
    Well....I can tell you that you are paying a high price there. Your residual and Money Factor were right on, however you should be getting 12k miles a year...if they are only giving you 10k then are probably also getting a higher actual residual value from VW which means more profit for themselves. My sister just leased an SE with the floor mat package and she is only paying $285/mo. and that includes tax....and she is in Illinois where they calculate the tax on the total sale price of the car...not just the lease period. The only money that she had to put down was $320 up front and I suspect that was to pay for title and doc fee. The dealer was very willing to negotiate since they have plenty of cars and they want to get their numbers up before end of year when they get their kick backs.
    Hey Car Man...do you have the December numbers for the Jetta S, SE and SEL? Thanks in advance.
  • truetaotruetao Member Posts: 64
    sprinkler13:
    Thank you for your post. It is very helpful!
    I asked for 10K miles because I don't drive much and I thought it would get me a lower lease price. If I get 12K miles won't that change my money factor and residual and increase my payment? Is the money factor and residual the same for 10K and 12K miles?
    I don't know what tax is in Illinois but in Los Angeles it is 9.750%.
    I don't have to put any money down, but I was thinking of putting down the $575 Acquisition Fee and $367 License Fee.
    Do you know what your sister paid for the Gross Cap Cost/Adjusted Cap Cost?
    Any further information you have would be greatly appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.