Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• yesdog99yesdog99 Member Posts: 7
    HI Carman,

Awesome forum, great to read all of your advice.
    I am looking to lease a car. Since I have a friend who manages a VW dealer, I thought I might give a VW a shot. I haven't gotten all the specifics yet but after reading what posted, looks like I might not be about to get a great deal as I hoped.

For a Jetta S, he THINKS he can get me around $255 a month on a 36 month lease with 15K miles a year and nothing down at signing.

I know VW is running specials now. Seems like I should be able to get an SE at least at that price.

Can you let me know what I should expect to get for a Jetta S and SE for 36 month lease, zero money at signing, 15K a year in Illinois buying this month, november? If you could let me know price I should expect, money factor, residual and monthy payment estimate that would be very helpful. And I will post with more details once I have them from the dealer.

Thanks in advance!
    Anyone else's input is welcome too btw-- lots of great advice from everyone.
    One more thing to add.. the SE I am looking at is with a convenience package, auto trans, NO sunroof. Sticker is 21650. Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks yesdog99. I'm glad that you like it. If you provide me with the full MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact Jetta that you are interested in I would be happy to use them to calculate a sample payment for you. You can find that pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • benz2779benz2779 Member Posts: 31
    I saw your post and think I can help... 2011 VW Jetta SE with convenience package, carpeted floor mats and auto transmission does have a M.S.R.P. of $21,650. Look for a selling price of 20,074.00, thats about $700 into dealer holdback. The 36 month residual is 55% with a money factor of .00094. The payment comes to $256.91 per month with $2,136.54 (1st month $256.91, bank fee $625, taxes at 6.25% = $1,254.63) due at signing plus plates.

If you went with the 2011 VW Jetta S with carpeted floor mats and auto transmission it has an M.S.R.P. of $18,100 and look to get a selling price of $16,766 - thats about $600 into dealer holdback. The 36 month residual is 58% with a .00156 money factor. The monthly payment comes to $216.64 with $1,889.52 ( 1st month $216.64, Bank fee $625, taxes at 6.25% = $1,047.88) due at signing plus plates.

If you want no money down just divide the due at signing by the term of the lease and and $3 to the monthly payment for interest. Should bring you very close to the exact payment. Both of these leases are for 15,000 miles per year. If your not getting quotes for this amount then keep shopping... Find the dealer who is willing to do this deal or better. If you need help learning how to shop then checkout www.simplifiedcarbuying.com

Hope this helps - Good luck!
  • sho220zsho220z Member Posts: 11
    Hi all -

I am currently shopping for one of these vehicles. We are torn between the 2.5L JSW SE, and the TDI. Automatics in both cases, and likely mostly loaded.

We are primarilly lease customers and really won't get a car under a purchase scenario, especially a VW.

Does anyone have a good feel for current JSW TDI rates, and what the residuals and MF rates are?

We currently have a 2010 Golf 2.5L (also leased), and when we priced out the lease rates on the Golf TDI we were shocked to see that it was actually more expensive to lease than even a loaded GTI. I am hoping the JSWs aren't nearly as bad.

Can anyone help?
  • sho220zsho220z Member Posts: 11
    Just to clarify, I am in the Chicago area.
  • naw2662naw2662 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there -- i was wondering if i could get some expert feedback on my current situation. I had 4 months left on a '08 GTI lease (MSRP $26,000 / lease payment $400) with 25k miles on it and decent wear and tear (3 tires badly needed replacing, significant damage to 2 rims). Since i didn't want to replace the 3 tires before April ($250 for each racing tire) or pay CA registration on my car for 4 months, i decided to go to VW dealer to see if I could move to a new lease and trade in the GTI. My remaining payments on the GTI were approx $1600, and they rolled $1200 into the lease of a brand new '11 Jetta SprortwagenTDI with MSRP of $29,250 (premium package w/17"wheels, sunroof, Nav). I negotiated them to waive all dealer/registation fees and only paid the first payment upfront. My payments are now $575 per month for 36 month lease term with 58% residual. Long story short, did i make a bad move? Or does it seem fairly reasonable? If i had kept the GTI until end of lease, i would have had to pay $1000+ in maintenance +detailing + dmv reg. My payments are obviously a bit higher than a new lease for MSRP of $29k, but i didn't put any money down and I no longer have to worry about the GTI being a money pit in the final months.

Would appreciate any feedback. Whatever the case may be, i am loving the new JSW and don't feel any buyer's remorse (yet!).

Thanks,
    Nick W
    Hi sho220z. Volkswagen really is not providing any lease support on TDI models right now. That's the bad news...the good news is that its standard lease program isn't bad. Here's what VW Credit's standard lease program on it looks like.

Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Wagon TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00176 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • crawdaddy1crawdaddy1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi yesdog99,
    Can you give me the same kind of data(MSRP, sale price goal, residual on 36 months, and money factor) for a 2011 Jetta SEL in the Tuscaloosa or Birmingham, Alabama area? I'm trying to compare this to the Jetta SE with convenience and sunroof package. It seems there is around $1500 difference between the two and I'm trying to decide if the additional features in the SEL are worth the $1500. Thanks.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I am in a similar situation in my current lease. 08 G6 lease. I am over mileage. I must get out of it or I will have big fees add up by the July 2011 Expiration date. Owning the car would be insane, the payoff is way more than its ever worth. I have about 2,000 negative to roll into a VW. So, I think you are making a decent decision to get out. You saw ahead of time that you would be getting worse than better. Who knows? it really is a gamble sometimes.

Also, I am already 120 miles over my limit, but paid my car payment so that offsets it a bit. I am needing to trade soon, but I am so picky and the Jetta would cost me a bit more. Can I justify the extra cost for the Jetta? I need to pick soon!

I can totally sympathize. Some will say no, bad move, and some will understand you have to move on whats best for you and the outcome if you keep the car.
    Though, you could probably buy it our right and then sell it, but then your trade value would be a bit lower because of the wear.

Options, options.....lol
    I was offered $362 a month on 2011 Jetta SE. This is including my almost $2,000 negative equity from my G6 lease. This is $0 down, I believe it is a 36mth lease. 12k.

I have been waiting and looking for so long now. Almost a month. I was approved and ready to go, but wanting my payment to fall in a certain range.

My salesmen called me today and told the original deal that WAS $382(that had been lowered too)
    It was down to $362 a month. Much closer to the $319 payment I used to paying now.
    So $43 more and I could be in a new lease. NOT BAD!! Considering all thing going AGAINST me!
    In fact that is really good!!

What do you all think? Good deal! Pull the trigger and be done with this all!! It has been a month now that my dealer has been working with me on deals. Gone from the Buick Regal for $361 a month. A Mazda3 loaded for about $350. Which I could do those deals too!? $0 down.

I keep coming back to the Jetta! Wonder why that is. :)

I am so going to do something nice for my dealer, they have been so calm and waiting for me to do a deal.
  • belaircarguybelaircarguy Member Posts: 107
    If you have driven the 2011 Jetta and like it, then go ahead. I have a 2007 Jetta, a 2009 Jetta, and a 2008 Beetle Convertible. VW's drive great, are tight bodies, and generally a fun car. I have had GM cars (G6 is a Pontiac, I believe). I have had lots of trouble over the years, and finally switched away from them to VW, Mazda, and Ford.

You won't regret the Jetta. I enjoy driving both our Jettas and Beetle Convertible every day!

The new Jetta (2011) has gotten good reviews also, so you can't go wrong.

Bel Air Car Guy
    Hey Thank you.

I am about to make a decision on the Jetta! As much as the Regal deal is so good. I am wanting the VW. I am not sure I am willing to take another 3yr risk on GM. Though it is a lease. 3 years is plenty of time for things to happen.

Though, I could totally see myself driving the Jetta. Being that our family has had Jettas now for awhile, I am a bit disappointed. It has lost its youthful appeal.
    I am not sure their approach for a good move for lowering the cost.In previous models that was what I loved about the Jetta. Huge bang for the buck. Yes, you paid a bit more, but you got more too! Fit and finish, features and overall quality was great! Now, it really isn't bad. But, it not quite there with that whole "Jetta" feel. Something about getting behind my moms 08 Jetta SE felt fun and exciting! A few areas of cheap are on the new Jetta.
    But, space, options and a more than adequate car for the money! Plus, it is not a GM. Those are all high points.

I really want the Jetta SEL, however it holds lower lease cash! The SEL seems to look more finished. But, the SE looks amazing too! Not sure what color I want yet. Perhaps, my mother and I will be getting new 2011 Jetta's. Not sure yet. The Jetta could be a good fit for me. They do have a left over 2010 model? hmmmm...

Making a move soon, but with the holidays I have no time right now.
  • seraphinaseraphina Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    We went into the dealer yesterday to look at the 2011 jetta SEL and decided we would like to lease one. Having been a finance manager for 12 years before staying home with my kids, I have a difficult time dealing with the sales process at the dealership. Since the special money factors and residuals aren't available to the public, it is difficult for me to make sure I am getting the deal I expect. We are hoping to lease for 36 months but are open to 48 if it is available and offers a significantly lower payment. We would like to do this in the next couple of days since the current program ends Jan 3. Can anyone tell me the current lease money factors for the 2011 SEL on a 36 month lease at 10,000 miles? Also 48 months at 10,000 miles. We are in California if that matters. Many thanks in advance!
  • deepstardeepstar Member Posts: 18
    Hello,

does anyone know what January Lease rates will be?
    I certainly do deepstar. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sedan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00058 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • jjdub7jjdub7 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car man,

Would you have the January money factor and residual value for both a 10,000 and a 12,000
    miles/yr lease on a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI? Thank you.
  • kromixkromix Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2011
    Hello,

I was offered this lease today in South Florida on the following Jetta's let me know what you think:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011 SE w/ Convenience & Sunroof - Automatic $22,900

Term: 36 Months
    Miles: 10k/yr

288 + tax = 310
    with $1,790 O.O.P (including 1st month, tax/tag/title etc..)
    or
    306 + tax = 327
    with $1000 O.O.P (including 1st month, tax/tag/title etc...)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011 SEL w Sport Package - Auto $25,100

Term: 36 Months
    Miles: 10k/yr

319 + tax = 341
    with $1,838 O.O.P (including 1st month, tax/tag/title etc..)
    or
    339 + tax = 363
    with $1000 O.O.P (including 1st month, tax/tag/title etc...)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  • dorianwalesdorianwales Member Posts: 5
    Would appreciate your help with the following offer:

Jetta SE
    MSRP $20,065
    Sale Price $19,000
    Residual $13242.90
    Money Factor 0.00065
    15,000 miles/year
    24 months
    Tax 7%

I'm out of the country so not very familiar with all the details. I haven't been able to match the MSRP to the specific SE Trim but I imagine it's the basic SE.

I also got the following for the Tiguan SE (I need two cars):

2011 Tiguan SE
    MSRP: $29,220
    Sale price: $27,500
    Residual $17824.20
    Money Factor 0.00050
    15,000 miles/year
    24 months
    Tax 7%
    Fees and start-ups - $900

What kind of discount should I expect on a two car deal?

Any fees I should be aware of if I decide on extending the lease by an additional year?
  • jjdub7jjdub7 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have January money factor and residual value for a 2011 Jetta Sportswagen TDI?

Looking at a 36 month lease with either 10,000 mi/yr or 12,000 mi/yr.

Thank you.
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 155
    Car_man,

Do you have the current money factor and residual for the 2011 Jetta TDI sedan for 24 and 36 months with 15k miles per year? Also, is there any lease cash? Thanks.
  • tim916tim916 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

I'd like to know the residual value and base MF for a 2011 Jetta SE for 36 months and 12k miles a year. Thanks!
    Hi jjdub7. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with 12,000 miles per year are .00179 and 54%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Woe, you certainly are interested in a lot of vehicles, autoboy19.

VW Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sedan TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00179 and 64%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00179 and 57%.

VW is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the Jetta Sedan.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, tim916.

Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sedan SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00058 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • dcdriver2011dcdriver2011 Member Posts: 1
    My 2008 Jetta lease is up Feb 17. I can buy the car for 12,896.91 which is the residual. I can finance it for $261.00 per month 0r I can look at other makes and models. The car has 3700 miles as I only drive in the city --Washington, DC. I resent that if I turn it in I have to pay $350 as a turn in fee. I am not sure I should even buy a car since I drive so little and the insurance and garage costs plus the monthly payment add up. I have enjoyed the car and took really good care of it. I pay maybe $1000.00 per year in insurance and $30.00 a month in gas since everything is fairly close. The garage fees are $110.00 but could go up a bit at the end of 2011. I fear having a car that is a 2008 and will only get older. I need to know the reliabilty of the 2008 Jetta from those who have purchased. Thanks for your help.
    We have a 2008 Jetta SE and have had no issues! I am leasing a new 2011 Jetta SE! Love it and no issues yet. We have had a total of 3 Jetta's now and really no issues. 2008 is not old! :) If you get the certified warranty plan, you'll have a great car and deal. No fears needed.

We are too in a position where were deciding to trade the 08 for a 2011 Jetta. But, she loves her car!! It is a great model too!! Nothing wrong with it.
    However, she could have a manual 2011 model, and that would be fun!!

We love our VW's.
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited January 2011
    dcdriver2011,

With only 3700 miles and, assuming your VW is in excellent condition, it's highly likely that your car is worth much more than the $12,896.91 residual value. This means that, in all likelihood, you have positive equity.

I suggest that you have your Jetta appraised as you don't want to turn in a vehicle in which you have equity. Try to sell it. And, with the help of a dealer, you can avoid double taxation. If you're sucessful in finding a buyer, then take the buyer to any car dealer and, for a nominal fee of around $300, they can execute the transaction. So, if you sell the car for $16,000, you'll receive the equity less any transaction costs and applicable taxes.

Good luck!

John
    Just got a new offer what do you guys think?

SEL w/ Sports Package - Auto

36mo - 10k miles

329 (tax of 7% florida inclusive) monthly
    $1000 Due at signing.
    edited February 2011
    The deal is signed... Take delivery next week what do you guys think:

2011 Jetta
    SEL w/ Sports Package - Auto (fully loaded)

36mo - 10k miles

$329 Tax in a month (7% FL tax)
    $1000 Due at signing which includes 1st month payment and all inceptions

And also go them to throw in full tinted windows all around the car.
  • valuehunter1valuehunter1 Member Posts: 7
    I am looking to lease a 2011 Jetta SE PZEV that is listed at $21,650. I read in a post here that the true cost to be negotiaited should be approximately $20,075. If that is close, what costs were netted out and was the number arrived at? Also, do you know the residual and money factor for a 2011 with 10,000 miles per year? Thanks for your help.

Tony
    Hi Carman,

I'm looking at a 2011 Jetta SE w/Convenience package. I negotiated a Total selling price (including destination charge) of $20,050. Is this a good price? Also, I was told the residual for 10k miles would be 57% but that the money rate factor is based on my credit. Is that true because I see lots of people in the forums posting general money rate factors? Thanks for your advice!
    Hi Carman,

I'm looking at a 2011 Jetta SE w/Convenience package. I negotiated a Total selling price (including destination charge) of approximately $19,300. Is this a good price? Also, I was told the residual for 10k miles would be 57% but that the money rate factor is based on my credit. Is that true because I see lots of people in the forums posting general money rate factors? Thanks for your advice!
  • search4carsearch4car Member Posts: 30
    Anyone know what the numbers are for leases on this car now? are they good? What do people think it will be in March?
    do they even respons in these threads anymore? looking to pull the trigger this weekend. any help with a purchase price for the Jetta SE/ with convenience would be appreciated. I think I can close at $19,500 (approx). Is that good. everything else is out of my control after the negotiated purchase price.
    Hey Car_Man - What are the lease rates for Feb? SE 36 mo. 15k miles (with convenience and sunroof if that makes a difference)

Thanks!
    Hello Tony. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sedan SE with 10,000 miles per year are .00023 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As far as what sort of selling price you should negotiate goes, I personally would shoot for around $500 over dealer invoice. You can find this car's exact invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi search4car. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sedan SE with Conv. & Sun and 15,000 miles per year are .00044 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This program is scheduled to run through February 28th. It's difficult to say what its March program will be like at this point.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi CarMan,

I negotiated a rget selling price on a Jetta SE/ with Convenience for $18,763. However, they are insisntent that I finance through VW credit. Is this recommended by you. Do they completely screw you when doing this or do they just get some kickbacks from the debt source?
    Hey valuehunter1. As long as the interest rate that you're getting through VW Credit is equivalent to or better than the rate that you could get on your own financing through an independent bank there's nothing wrong with using them. The dealer's probably just trying to make a little extra money by steering your deal through the captive finance company.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_Man. Perhaps can you give some perspective then to the current rates? How does it compare to the past 6 months?
    How does VW figure the cost of adding milage to your lease over 15k a year? For example if you want 16, 17, or 18k miles a year?

Is there a specific cost associated with it or are the money factor and residuals changed?

I know there is a cost per mile at the end of the lease, but what if I want to add it in the beginning of the lease.

Thanks!
    Bump. Does Anybody know about this?

How does VW figure the cost of adding milage to your lease over 15k a year? For example if you want 16, 17, or 18k miles a year?

Is there a specific cost associated with it or are the money factor and residuals changed?
    Hi search4car. Volkswagen Credit charges for additional miles above 15,000 per year on a per-mile basis. On the Jetta, VW Credit charges $0.10/mile for additional miles purchased at lease-signing. This charge rises to $0.15/mile as an excess mileage penalty at lease-end.

Car_man
    Host
  • tstraubtstraub Member Posts: 25
    Hello car_man,
    Can you please quote march money factor and residual on a 2011 Jetta SE auto w/ convenience and sunroof? 36 mos, 12k/year. Thanks!
  • mylesm01mylesm01 Member Posts: 6
    Car_man,

I'm interested in leasing a 2011 Jetta SEL or Jetta SE w/ Convenience and Sunroof (both automatics). Could you please let me know the current money factor and residual for a 36 month lease with 10k miles per year?
    Thanks!
  • benzserviceguybenzserviceguy Member Posts: 96
    We just inked a deal for an '11 SE Auto w/Convenience

Candy White with Black Titan Leatherette

MSRP $21,650.00
    Sales Price $19,711.00
    Drive off = $1,600.00**
    Residual = 55%
    Money factor of .00057 (1.37% interest)
    39 Months
    12,000 miles per year

BASE MONTHLY PAYMENT OF $209.50
    LA County 9.75% tax of $20.63

MONTHLY WITH TAX = $229.93

**Drive off included:
    1st pament of $229.93
    Registration & Title fee $315.00
    Cap Cost reduction of $328.89
    Tax on Cap Cost Reduction $32.07
    Acquisition Fee $625.00
    Doc Prep Fee $55.00
    Tax on Doc Prep Fee $5.36
    California Tire Fee $8.75

Not a bad deal for a 23 YO to come up with (of course with a little help from Dad ;) )

Livingston VW IN Southern California's San Fernando Valley

Great buying experience!!

Treated her with respect and directed ALL questions and decisions to her (not toward Mom & Dad)
    :);)
  • latina4ubabelatina4ubabe Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I need help to see if Im getting a good deal on this lease option. The car is a 2011 jetta w convenience pkg and sunroof around $22,000. I was offered today for $0 down and first time "buyer" (with a co-signer w ok credit 688) for 39 months 12k miles per year.. $314.80 (fl tax included) per month. I already gave them $500 for title and fees. Please let me know if Im getting a good deal and if you could kinda help me out on what important questions to ask before i sign.

Thanks,
    Gillian Moore.
  • cea3cea3 Member Posts: 5
    Did you find it difficult to read how the sales tax was integrated into your monthly payments, or did you pay tax up front? VW's contract is very vague!
This discussion has been closed.