Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome mrcarbuyer.

VW Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta SportWagen S with 15,000 miles per year are .00112 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You're right about the $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

I personally don't think that the 39 month term is any better than the 36.

I definitely recommend not making any capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Consumers who make down payments on leases risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you're better off going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello lal05. VW Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta SportWagen SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00040 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • misslaumisslau Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car man,

I'm trying to decide between leasing a Jetta SE with convience and sunroof & a Jetta SEL with sunroof. I'm looking at the standard contract/miles which looks like 36 mo and 12 or 15k miles, is that correct? Can you please tell me what the June money factor and residual value are for these two models?

Any other leasing advise you have is also appreciated. This will be my first car so I am looking for all the help I can get! :)
  • smargulismarguli Member Posts: 2
    Hey Carman,

Can you please tell me the money factor and residual for a 2011 Jetta SE with automatic transmission for 10,000 miles a year for a 39 Month Term. Thank you.
    Greetings misslau. Volkswagen seems to be pushing 39 month leases of the Jetta this month, so that's the term that I'll provide you with information on.

Volkswagen Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sedan SE with convenience, sunroof, and 15,000 miles per year are .00042 and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Jetta Sedan SEL with sunroof are .00089 and 50%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal on these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of them through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, smarguli. Volkswagen Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sedan SE with 10,000 miles per year are .00105 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ladyneedsarideladyneedsaride Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in leasing a 2011 Jetta TDI with an automatic transmission and was wondering if anyone had updated info on the residual value and money factor for this month. I'm looking for a 36 or 39 month lease, 15K miles/yr. Also, does VW give you the option of buying more miles mid-lease? Thx.
  • kdogtwokdogtwo Member Posts: 16
    Hi car_man,

Can you share the updated numbers for July on a 36 month, 12k/month lease on a Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ premium package?

Thanks!
  • jdiz3jdiz3 Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2011
    Hi Car Man:

Can i get the numers on a Jetta S lease, 39 months, 15k miles?
  • jdiz3jdiz3 Member Posts: 21
    Also for the SE. Thanks so much.
    Hi jdiz3. Volkswagen Credit's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sedan S with 15,000 miles per year are .00064 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Jetta Sedan SE are .00100 and 52%.

I provided you with these cars' 36 month numbers instead of their 39 month numbers because the 36 month money factors are much more attractive.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $250 cash incentive on leases of the Sedan S and $$750 on the Sedan SE through VW Credit. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • kdogtwokdogtwo Member Posts: 16
    Hi car_man,

Can you share the updated numbers for July on a ~36 month, 12k/month lease on a Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ premium package?

Thanks!
  • mrcarbuyermrcarbuyer Member Posts: 8
    Hello,

1. Can you please provide the Residual Value and Money Factor for 36 month lease with 15K miles/yr?
    2. Are there better terms we should look at (e.g. 39 mo instead of 36 or different mileage)?

Thanks!
  • jaffmanjaffman Member Posts: 51
    hi carman!

would you be so kind as to provide the august lease numbers for a 2011 jetta SEL with sunroof, 10kmi/yr, 36mo? im planning on zero down, tax etc. into monthly payments, and tax in my area (NY) is 8.625 (lovely!). thankns.
  • austintaciusaustintacius Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have the August residual/MF on a 2011 Jetta SW SE 36month/12k year lease? Thanks!
  • vwjettatdifanvwjettatdifan Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks in advance for your insight:

Looking at a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with Premium Package, want to lease it for 36 months, 15K Miles, and would do it in the month of August 2011. Can you share what you know about residual, money factor, and incentives? Thanks very much!
    Hello mrcarbuyer. Great username. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta SportWagon SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00058 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The 36 month term looks like the most attractive one to me.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out jaffman. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sedan SEL with Sunroof and 10,000 miles per year are .00070 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'd be happy to use this car's lease program to calculate a sample payment for you, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP and selling price. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi austintacius. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta SportWagon SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00058 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi vwjettatdifan. Volkswagen is not currently providing any lease support on TDI models. As a result, if you were to lease one through VW Credit right now you would have to use its standard lease money factors. VW Credit's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for a 2011 Jetta SportWagon TDI is 49%.

VW isn't providing any cash incentives on leases of TDI models right now either.

Car_man
    Host
    thank you very much carman! msrp is 24165. tax rate is 8.625% please provide sample payment if you can, with zero down, with taxes into the monthly lease price. thanks again.
    You're welcome jaffman. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Jetta Sedan SEL with Sunroof that has an MSRP of $24,165 and a selling price of $23,165 (let me know if you want to use a different selling price) through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $313 assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

Thanks for your info and the compliments to the username!
    Do you think the S&P US downgrade will affect lease interest rates for VW?

Which is your source for the Money Factor and Residual Value info?

Best,

mrcarbuyer.
  • dran908dran908 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man I am new on these forums and can tell you are very informative on all lease information.

I'm looking to lease a 2011 Jetta SE with Convenience/Sunroof 15k/yr 36-39 mo. w/ 1000 down. Wondering what payment I'd be looking at considering they released the 2012 and offer specials for them on vw.com.

Regards

D Ran
    You're welcome mrcarbuyer. Ironically, interest rates have actually dropped since S&P downgraded the U.S. So at least for the time being, I don't think that we're in danger of seeing significantly higher loan and lease rates on new vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks D Ran. I'd be happy to work up a sample payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price. You can find this data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • dran908dran908 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP of $21565 and selling price of $19500, sorry about that, I'm new to these forums and leasing.
  • kombikombi Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man,

I appreciate all the helpful information. Could I please get the August rates for a 2011 Jetta SE with MT and Convenience Package. 36months/12,000 miles.

One question for you. I'm under the impression that the manufacturer/bank sets the MF and Residual, therefore the number is the same for every dealer? I guess the real question is whether the MF is considered public knowledge and if they are required to share it?

Thanks again for the info.
  • sedlinsedlin Member Posts: 1
    Should I lease or purchase the 2012 Jetta SE-L? Purchase price including tax is 23500. 2.9% apr on purchase. 10k miles/yr on three year lease with no money down. Thanks
    Hello Car_man,

Few questions:

1. Which is your source for Money Factor and Residual Value? Is it publicly accessible? Free? Does it apply to all VW dealers?

2. If we have the opportunity to buy a new VW at Invoice Price through a company fleet program, is it feasible to also get any incentives or rebates available at that time?

3. Do you foresee interest rates (MF) for new car leases going up or down in the next few months, considering the looming recession and Japan's earthquake?

Thanks,

-mrcarbuyer.
    Don't worry about it, dran908, it happens all the time. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Jetta SE with Convenience/Sunroof that has an MSRP of $21,565 and s selling price of $19,500 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $245.

Don't bother with a 39 month lease, the payment would be worse.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome kombi. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sedan SE with Convenience and 12,000 miles per year are .00048 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Manufacturers and banks rarely, if ever, share money factor and residual value data directly with consumers. Some dealers are willing to share this information with consumers and some are not.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mrcarbuyer. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any resource that provides accurate information on manufacturers' lease programs to the general public.

I don't know what the parameters of your company's fleet program are, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to take advantage of any available cash incentives. I suppose that's ultimately between you and the dealer.

It's difficult to say what will happen with interest rates in general over the next several months. S&P downgraded the U.S. and rates actually fell because people fear a recession and Treasuries are still one of the safest assets out there. Anything tied to the 10-year, like mortgage rates, has fallen over the past several months. I personally don't expect interest rates to rise any time soon, but it's always difficult to forecast what automakers will do with their future programs.

Car_man
    Host
  • yerkesyerkes Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

thank you for sharing such a helpful information with us. I am in the car market for the first time and this forum taught me a lot.

I wonder whether you could share your insights with me regarding choice between leasing (12K, 36months) Sedan SE 2011 and 2012. Is there a difference in residual value and/or money factor between 2011 and 2012 models?

I also wonder whether VW runs special incentives for Sedan SE with Sunroof and Convenience for August: lower MF / higher RV?

You mentioned previously there was 750 lease incentive for Jetta SE in July. Is it still available in August?

Thank you,

Yerkes
  • john420john420 Member Posts: 97
    Carman,

Can I get money factor and residual for the Jetta GLI for 36 months 15k miles a year.

Thanks
  • tinapsutinapsu Member Posts: 2
    Got a 2012 Jetta SEL conv/sunroof lease for $219. +tax. just paid first months down. This is on a 12K lease. Any ideas if this is good deal? MSRP on car is $23,320
  • john420john420 Member Posts: 97
    What money factor and residual did they use? How many month lease? What was the cap cost?
    This will help to give you an idea if you got a good deal.
    wow. sounds like a great deal. whatd dealer did you use, and in what city and state? i would love to get myself the same deal. thanks!!!
  • tinapsutinapsu Member Posts: 2
    as i calculated (from the lease form) - doesnt specifically state the residual/money factor. $209/mo rent and ~$10 finance charge... if i did math right 57% residual value .0003 (again calculated not spefically written on the form.

i dont trust the std. formula because I know manufacturers create competitions or create incentives for customer service, unit volume, etc for the dealership. These get factored into the deal - especially at end of month.
    @tinapsu, sounds like u got a great deal. where did you get your car from? would love to get myself the same deal! thanks, and best of luck on your new ride!
    Hi Yerkes. The lease program for the 2012 Jetta actually looks a little more attractive than the program for the 2011 model right now. I'd probably go with a '12 if I was in the market for this car.

The money factor for a '12 Jetta Sedan SE with Sunroof and Convenience is indeed lower than it is for the base model, .00030 versus .00074.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go john420. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan GLI with 15,000 miles per year are .00047 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    hi caman! i would be grateful if you would be kind enough to post MF and residual value for 2012 jetta SEL automatic 36mo 10kmi yr? if youre feeling extra kind, maybe you can help me crank out some numbers on a lease price? assume 8.626% tax, a msrp of $25065, and a selling price of say 500 over invoice which would be 24093 (invoice) +500=24593? lease would be zero down except for tags and DMV.

are there any incentives on such a lease, and if so, how should i use the incentive in the calculations?

thank you so much.
  • epl1epl1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Carman,

I'm curious about MF and residual on a Manual S Sportwagen with 15K miles; 36 Months. Also Manual TDI Sportwagen would be interesting, but I understand leasing a diesel tends to be less valuable.

Thanks!
  • amoszkowiczamoszkowicz Member Posts: 7
    Just out of curiosity since I will be looking to lease an SE in May/June for my wife. To not get rather overly complicated, just looking to see what kind of monthly cost I'll be looking at for budgeting concerns (aware that a lot will change between now and then).

I'll be moving to MD from NYC, looked at leasing the vehicle from fitzmall. They offer an SE with conv for 20,024. Which seems like a decent deal.

From what I've read, maryland charges you the full amount of the sales tax on the sales price of the car of 6%?

Assuming a MF of 0.00048 and Residual of 0.53% (taken from earlier in this thread on a 36mo/12000 lease). The pre-tax monthly should be $252? with no money down. I'm a little lost on how I would calculate the tax into the equation. Would I take the tax and divide it by 36 months?

Thanks. Hope I'm wasn't too confusing.

As a side note, would I be better off purchasing the car in NY and then changing the plates later on to MD plates? This will be my first purchase/lease.
  • my05glimy05gli Member Posts: 1
    Whats the Money Factor and residual for a Base Model Jetta S with Auto.

36 mo 10 & 12K no taxes everything else in.
  • wirywiry Member Posts: 1
    Anyone want to talk me out of this lease before I do it? 2012 Jetta se with convenience plus sunroof. 12k miles for 36 months got them down to $265 out the door after ttl and made them add a rear spoiler and tinted windows all the way around. I don't have numbers in front of me but I think msrp was $22,900.
    just leased jetta sel in NY (nassau county) for ZERO down, 325/month, eveverything included in payment which is tax of 8.625% plus whatever fees they wanted (i dont think they even charged me any). dealer told me this is the best price he has ever seen, and that it goes a couple hundred dollars into his dealer holdback.

thanks to all who helped me on this forum especially carman. hope this post helps someone out there in return.

so far car runs great. great handling, great electronics inside. a couple things missing.... no temperature gauge (in the winter i like to turn the heat on only after the engine heats up), no auto headlight shutoff, and no auto front windshield defogger (you have to do the vents manually). interesting too is the fact that there is no 'magazine pocket' behind driver seat, only passenger seat. nonetheless, excellent handling, very quiet inside and seat is very comfortable. worth the money so far.
  • geo1317geo1317 Member Posts: 23
    I see that you posted the numbers for a GLI, is there a differance for a GLI Autobahn on a 36 month 12k lease?
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I have a temperature gauge on mine, you'll have to adjust your screen menu in your speedometer. and keep it at the temperature display. There should be buttons on the left side of the dash and wheel.

Yes, there is no auto headlight and really this should be standard. My previous G6 had it. I loved it! Not a huge deal though. Even base corrollas have it. I also have noticed no magazine holders behind the driver. I really did the car no justice in price reduction. Most are getting SE and SEL's any way.
This discussion has been closed.