Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, jaffman. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SEL with 10,000 miles per year are .00054 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Using these numbers, an MSRP of $25,065, and a selling price of $24,593, I estimate that this car would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $308.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car. If you subtract that from the cap cost that you mentioned, the payment would drop to around $294.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the info that you're looking for, epl1. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen S with 15,000 miles per year are .00085 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Jetta Sportwagen TDI are .00162 and 57%.

As you suspected, there isn't any lease support on the TDI model.

Car_man
    Host
  • fastrx7fastrx7 Member Posts: 2
    Hi-
    Hoping I'm making right decision with lease on 2012 Jetta SE with Convienence, Sunroof and Protection...msrp 23,485, lease for 22,555, 36 month, 10k miles per year, 58% residual, .0003 money factor, net cap cost 22,633 including acquisition fee, doc fee, registration. 261.21 per month before tax of 6.25%. This is with no money down, though negotiating trade in...

What do you think? Another dealer was close to this, saying the above was before destination fee so would be more. This second dealer offered 275 per month including tax, with first month of 275 down on same exact car. Also before trade in but seems I'm barely covering my loan so may be a wash or only net 500...

Appreciate very much your thoughts.
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Carman....can you please post the current buy rate lease numbers for a 2011 and 2012 Jetta SE Automatic with Convenience? Mainly concerned with 12k miles per year, but would also like to know how the residual is affected for 10k and 15k miles. Also, are there any current cash rebates for either of those vehicles? Thanks!
  • nom605nom605 Member Posts: 1
    hello Car Man,

Can you please help me identify the MF, Residual ( 12k per year) and lease incentive for:

2012 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen DSG Sunroof

and

2012 VW Passat TDI SE DSG sunroof

I have hard time choosing my next car between these two. I like both and may be there lease term will make me choose the one of the other little easier. Thank you again!!
    I certainly can sprinkler13. VW Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with Convenience and 12,000 miles per year are .00048 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00053 and 52%.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher. The residual for a lease with 15,000 miles per year is 2% lower.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2011 model and $500 on the 2012 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello nom605. VW Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Wagon TDI with sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Passat Sedan TDI are .00160 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
  • timj757timj757 Member Posts: 13
    How does lease money work, is it used to reduce cap cost? Is it used to reduce down payment? How does it work exactly?
  • sc516sc516 Member Posts: 1
    hi were did you lease your jetta from ? would love to get the same deal , do you have your detailed breakdown info avail ?
  • zeerazeera Member Posts: 18
    Hi everyone,
    I was quoted 222 (incl taxes) per month + 1700 (total out of pocket) for 36 months with 12K
    does anyone think this is a good deal?

Please advise.
    Hi timj757. Lease cash is given to dealers on vehicles that are leased through VW Credit. Consumers need to make sure that they are taking any available cash incentives into account when negotiating the selling prices of the vehicle that they want to lease. Don't just assume that the dealer will give you the cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • gatorhandsgatorhands Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    I am interested in leasing a Jetta TDI Premium but noted that the lease specials exclude TDI models. I was told that the jetta 2012 SE manual with Convenience and Sunroof would be in the 200's but not sure what end of the 200's :) and that car's MSRP is $21,955
    Is there a way to fiugre out what lease payments for the manual SE with conv/SR and manual TDI premium (MSRP 23,965) would be?
    I would be comfortable putting down 2,000 and doing 36mths
    Thanks in advance, I want to make sure that I'm not getting ripped off!
  • rodders123rodders123 Member Posts: 1
    I don't know where all these amazing leases are coming from. The best price I could get here in Oregon was 21,106 on a basic S with floor mats. That seemed to be OK but the $305 - $310 per month lease sounded high. I got the residual ( 11,934) from two dealers and a money factor of .00068. For a 36 month 10K lease I got $277 from several calculators on line. I could get no sense out of one dealer but the second found an acquisition fee of $650 lurking in his calculations. So I said - "did you mean disposition?" and he said - "no that's another $350 - but you don't have to pay that if you trade it in at the end on the lease" ( ie - buy another from him). Does this sound normal?. I was hoping to lease for the mid 200's but now I'm stuck.
  • tfbotfbo Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2012 Jetta SEL and trying to figure out if the lease price dealer quoted is fair. It will be a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles/yr. Can you provide me with the current money factor and residual value? Thank you.
  • tradersrewardtradersreward Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Car Man,

Please post November lease money factor and residual numbers for 2012 Jetta Sedan TDI auto
    with premium. 12,000 and 15,000 mi. 36 month

Thanks,

tradersreward
  • pcantorepcantore Member Posts: 148
    Hi CarMan,

Can you please post the current residual and money factor for the lease of a 2012 Jetta GLi and Jetta SEL with 10,000 miles per year and 36 months? I am in Florida. Thanks!
  • jr291786jr291786 Member Posts: 1
    Hello I am new here.
    I recently leased a 2011 Jetta, manual, in June. the car has 4300 miles. I had to bring it into the shop because I lost power steering etc. I was then told that I need a NEW TRANSMISSION!!
    Currently there are no transmissions in the country so I am driving a Chrysler 300 rental around.
    I have been assigned a case manager and she is keeping me updated. I told her I am seeking compensation for this disaster. What compensation can I seek?
    Has this ever happened to anyone recently?
    Please help.
    :sick:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,702
    Other than providing you a loaner/rental vehicle, you'd have to show some sort of loss to be compensated..

What loss have you experienced?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi tfbo. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SEL with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tradersreward. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00172 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go pcantore. VW Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan GLI with 10,000 miles per year are .00069 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Jetta Sedan SEL are .00069 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • thrashallathrashalla Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2011
    Hi Car-Man and everyone else. This is going to be long-winded, so I apologize in advance. Yesterday I signed a lease on a 2012 Jetta and I want to get some opinions on how I went about it.

First off, I have been driving a 2003 Jetta GL 2.0 since 2006. I moved out to San Diego from Upstate NY and the drive killed the previous car (a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi) I had been driving - I coasted into the VW dealership and basically had to bend over on the financing - I owed $3k on the previous car and could only put $500 down. Fast forward 5 years and the car was basically on its last legs. It had over 110K miles on it (two cross-country trips and 4 road trips to Vegas on top of dating a girl who lived 2 hours away for about 5 months) - the tires were bald, the brakes were shot, the check engine light popped on a few days before and unleashed a hellstorm of noises that hadn't been there before, and I easily needed a couple thousand in repairs - I was not a conscientious, mature, responsible car owner until it was already too late and neglected the scheduled maintenance on the car. I was (and probably still am...let me know at the end of the story) an idiot with a capital "STUPID!" Yet because of the original loan terms I still owed $4000 on it. Things were bad, and I did not feel safe driving it so I decided that instead of spending the cash on the repairs I would look into taking a portion of that money and going the lease route on a new Jetta; rather than being tethered to a potential hazard.

Here's the thing - I went to the dealer where I originally bought the first car, I signed the lease with VW Credit for 36 months and 36K miles, and after I signed and got home - my optimism of "Yeah, I can do that." in regard to the miles went to, "Oh, Holy CRAP there is no way in hell I can do that!" However, I fully intend to buy this car at the end of the lease. I got the car because it's the one that I wanted and the one that I can see working for me long-term - I researched my options, test drove several from different manufactures, and I just loves me a Jetta.

I went with the lease because it got me out from under, what was essentially, 7+ years of negative equity with previous cars and gives me an opportunity to rebuild a bit and save up for a good down payment when the lease matures. I did my research, negotiated well, and got a sale price under the Invoice number and a residual that gave me a decent monthly payment, but - even with the miles that I will be carrying (50-55K) - is under the private seller and trade-in price on similar models at the 3-4 year range. I have the same car payment, same insurance payment, but a brand new car and better gas mileage on my Jetta SE now.

However, that mileage contract is making me anxious and obsessive. In reality, I will probably drive 15K-17K a year which chalks up quite a bit of a fee at the end, but if I plan on buying the car when the lease matures do I even need to worry about that number? Can I just drive how I normally drive? I just want to make sure that if I buy, I'm bullet-proof and that if I'm not, I take steps early in this process to minimize the wallet damage. I figure that with the situation I was in, I was going to eat it no matter what - there is no need to tell me about how stupid I was and how I should have read things better, etc. Already covered by my own self-punishing ways. I just want to make sure that as long as I'm eating it, I'm at least getting some nourishment in the force-feeding.

Thanks for reading and for any comments or suggestions you can offer.
    Hi thrashalla. As long as you purchase your vehicle at lease-end you will not have to pay any sort of excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the fast reply! Based on my situation, does it sound like a made a good decision taking the course of action that I did?
  • pcantorepcantore Member Posts: 148
    Thanks Car man....!!
    Car_man, one more question.

I live in California - if I do buy the car at the end of the lease, am I paying sales tax on only the residual value of the car or the original value? (pardon my ignorance...)
  • runbird13runbird13 Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car_man. Please post VCI lease money factor and residual value for a 36 mo 12k mile/yr lease for a 2011 Jetta SE Auto. Any lease cash incentive available?
  • nhbankernhbanker Member Posts: 21
    Car Man,
    VW has their Sign & Drive lease promo going on now. Could you please provide me the residual and MF's for a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles on the Jetta TDI Premium, Jetta SEL, and the Jetta GLI Autobahn? Anything else I should be aware of with this lease program?
    Thank you!
  • littlemamamia7littlemamamia7 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all, I am new to car leasing and to this forum (so please be nice with responses). I want to lease either a 2012 AWD jetta or AWD CC (both fully loaded and both automatic , most likely a 12k a yr lease for 24 months, could also be open to 36 months). I saw that they are advertising a sign and drive event where its 0 down, 0 security, 0 due at signing till the end of the month. I want to know what others are paying per month for either vehicle for their lease with this special and what i should be looking for when making a purchase price decision. I live in the south nj/philly area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You're very welcome thrashalla. I personally try to lease with the mileage allowance that I need, but again as long as you are absolutely set on purchasing your vehicle at lease-end you aren't going to be hurt by going over mileage.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem pcantore.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey thrashalla. That's not ignorance at all. The rules for sales tax vary from state to state. I'm not sure what California's policy is on this matter, but you may be able to find out by visiting one of the following sites:

California Department of Revenue

or

California State Controller's Office

Car_man
    Host
    Hi runbird. I don't believe that Volkswagen is providing lease support on 2011 models any longer. As a result, its leases for them are likely not very attractive. If you really want to lease, I suspect that you will be better off going with an equivalent 2012 model.

Volkswagen is providing a $750 dealer cash incentive on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    You are correct, nhbanker, the sign and drive program is indeed running right now.

Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SEL with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 53%, respectively for consumer who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Jetta Sedan GLI Autobahn are .00086 and 56%.

The numbers for the '12 Jetta Sedan TDI are .00172 and 58%.

In addition to the waiver of the first month's payment, VW is providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the SEL.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome littlemamamia7. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
  • littlemamamia7littlemamamia7 Member Posts: 2
    Ok so i went to the dealership today and this is what i got: 2012 jetta SEL w/ sunroof (nav, bluteooth, heated seats, etc) for $320.69/month, 12k a yr for 36 months with the sign and drive event with upfront charges for taxes & fees equal to 2k. Heres a picture of the exact numbers ( money factor, sale price, etc) please let me know if this is a good deal or if i should have done something lower. I have not taken the car yet it is being delivered mid December please let me know ASAP if this is a good deal because i put a deposit down and only have 24 hours to get back if its not. Photobucket
  • generalgreensgeneralgreens Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car_man,
    Is $279/month for a 2012 GLI Autobahn w/ DSG too much?
    36 month lease with 12k miles/year and $3,000 cap cost reduction.

Should I try to get a better deal? Thanks.
  • vella1vella1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man,

I was wondering if you could give me the buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2012 Jetta S manual transmission? Are there any incentives for this car? There is a dealer in town pitching $0 down and $169/mo for 36mo lease. The lease "does not include tax, acquisition fee or DMV fees". I am just wondering if this is a good deal. Thanks alot. Your site is awesome and has helped me a great deal in a tight economy.
  • bostonbenbostonben Member Posts: 71
    What's the selling price of the car?

I recommend $0 down cap cost reduction.
  • raycar151raycar151 Member Posts: 1
    Hi--am potentially leasing a 2012 sportwagen S tomorrow, and was wondering if anyone knows the December 2011 vw credit lease rates--money factor and residual? Thanks in advance for any help!
    Hi vella1. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan S with manual transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00055 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car.

If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus the available cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi raycar151. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen S with 15,000 miles per year are .00068 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • mikemikey99mikemikey99 Member Posts: 3
    Would you be so kind as to give me the rates for a 2012 Jetta s basic model with just an automatic? Thanks!
  • beetlemania2beetlemania2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you tell me what the MF and residual is for a 2012 Jetta SE w/convenience for 36 mos, 10K/yr (and option for 12 K). And what should I expect to pay with only $500 down to cover part of the inceptions? Nothing else out of pocket.

Thanks so much for your help!
    Here you go mikemikey99. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan S with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00055 and interestingly 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly can beetlemania2. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with Convenience and 12,000 miles per year are .00044 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If you provide me with the MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least the MSRP and invoice price, of the exact car that you are interested in I would be happy to work up a sample payment on it for you. You can find this data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you sir! Here is the deal I was able to negotiate... What do you think???
    "$201per month including tax, includes dealer fee and tag, with no money out of pocket.These are based on 3yr lease with 12k miles year... 57% resid..  .00055 money factor....." they gave a higher resid % for some reason ?
  • amoszkowiczamoszkowicz Member Posts: 7
    what was the model? SE with conv?

what was the selling price of the car?
    Base model s with automatic.
    Selling price I would have to reverse work the numbers using $202 and 7% but that reverse would include any and all fees
  • mdc99mdc99 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, here is a deal that we worked out for my son. 2012 Jetta SE w/convenience, manual transmission, msrp=20,850. 36mo. lease 12k/yr. Residual was 55%, money factor was bumped up to .00074 due to "B" tier credit. True zero out of pocket includes 1st mo. paid for him. 35 additional payments of $250. includes 7% tax. Disposition fee at lease end $350. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.