Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• dude13248dude13248 Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info here, I have been using this site for years!

I need the MF and residual for 2012 passat SE moonroof 36 mos 10K miles / year. Also any idea when the $1,000 incentive is over?

Also, please, MF & residual for GLI DSG 36 mos 10K miles / year. Any difference between base and autobahn?

Lease is up on my 2009 GLI.. time to start hunting this week. I would qualify for top tier credit.

Thanks!!
  • smlikesdealssmlikesdeals Member Posts: 2
    hi car_man,
    i'm in the process of lining up a lease for the 2012 jetta s automatic. the dealer is offering me $215/mo, first month on the dealer, $954 up front to cover taxes and tag fees.

additionally, i'm turing in a 2008 jetta wolfsburg addtition with 15,700 miles and a dent on one of the back passenger doors.

your deal sounds way better . . .i would hate to over pay . . . who is your dealer?
  • smlikesdealssmlikesdeals Member Posts: 2
    hi there, what i really wanted to ask is for your opinion on the lease deal. based on what you know, do you think i could negotiate a better price? thanks so much as i hate car shopping!
  • miss_my_mgb77miss_my_mgb77 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,
    On my way to VW to look at the car quoted as follows:

MRSP 19,535
    Invoice 18,785
    CCR 17,900
    Term 36 mos
    Miles 12M/yr
    Down 0 due at signing (say they're paying first month's paymt)
    Residual 56%
    Money factor 0.00068
    Tax Rate 6%

First of all, does this look accurate to you? They calculated a payment of $249 +tax, and I don't get the same numbers. HELP!! And thank you!
  • katahdinkatahdin Member Posts: 1
    car_man,

Would you please send me VW Credits' numbers for a 2012 VW Jetta Sportwagon TDI manual transmission with sunroof and navigation for a 36 month lease with 15k miles/year.

Thank you.

katahdin
  • slhouse1slhouse1 Member Posts: 18
    Carman -

Are you aware of this program being extended or some alternative programs in the near future will take its place?

Thanks!

-steve
  • peloton67peloton67 Member Posts: 1
    Hi carman,

Can you tell me what the residual and money factors are for a 12k 36m lease on a GLI Autbahn standard and DSG. Also, are there any incentives or cash back that would reduce the price. I was hoping to pay $500 - $800 below invoice, does that sound reasonable?

Thanks!
  • skunkiechrisskunkiechris Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I could also really use the GLI Autobahn w/nav rate and residual for Jan... 36m, 12 or 15k, manual or DSG.

Thank you!!
  • clutchinclutchin Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    My financial /life situation has changed dramatically from when i first took the lease, ( Sept 2008 on a 2008 Jetta 2.5 manual w/ sunroof) and not only did the changes add a tremendous amount more miles to my odometer, but the buyout amount noted on the lease is significantly more than i believe i will now be able to carry. My mileage (40k) will cap out in the next few months, the lease will end fall 2012.
    Do you or anyone else have experiences where the buyout amount has been reduced by VW at purchase time?
    {{ On another lease of an asian mfg car i had, they lowered the price for me at buy out time.}}

Any input greatly appreciated.

Clutch-in
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi dude13248. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Passat SE with sunroof and 10,000 miles per year are .00040 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a base 2012 Jetta Sedan GLI are .00064 and 56%. The numbers for the Jetta GLI Autobahn are .00064 and 58%.

Volkswagen is now providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of the Passat SE.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi miss_my_mgb77. A selling price of under dealer invoice is a good price for a lease of this car. Its new January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease with 12,000 miles per year are .00022 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go katahdin. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sportwagon TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Steve. Volkswagen is not waiving the first month's payment on leases any longer in January. It does have a different lease program out there though.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for peloton67. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan GLI Autobahn with 12,000 miles per year are .00064 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

A selling price of anything below dealer invoice would be a good deal for a lease of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the info Car_man. I definitely qualified for top tier, but my dealer told me the following: "The January residual is 55% with a lease factor of 0.00167 on a GLI Autobahn with Nav at 12,000 miles/year. There is a $500 incentive for going with a manual." Is there anything that matches up with this? I assumed dealers go by the VW rates on leasing, but can they randomly up the money factor and/or lower the residual to increase their profit on it?

Thanks!
    edited January 2012
    You're welcome skunkiechris. Dealers are often allowed to mark up vehicles' money factors to add additional, hidden back-end profit to deals. That might be what is happening with this vehicle. It wouldn't hurt to comparison shop with a different dealer in your area to see if they quote you a better money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the info. Ironically, the other two dealers in my area both gave different (and worse!) money factors on the deal. *sigh* In the end I know it doesn't make that much difference on the payment anyway, but it's more of a principle thing I suppose...
  • dude13248dude13248 Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2012
    Hi carman,

Unfortunately I did not see this until after I got the car. I think I still did pretty well though. I was not aware of the 1500 as they said the 1K expired after jan 1st and did not mention the 1500. I believe I did get most of it in the deal though.

here are some figures.

2.5SE Sunroof
    Black / Beige
    6 speed AT

Car was leased, Agreed price $24K

$1250 down to cover DMV, acquisition and doc fees plus 1st month payment, etc.

$290 per month including San Diego,CA sales tax 7.75% . 36mos lease, 10K miles per year, 56% .00040MF

what do you think?
  • cybrrynocybrryno Member Posts: 1
    I am fairly unfamiliar with car leasing and how it all works. I know the basics but I'm not sure what it all means.

I'm interested in getting a lease on a 2011 or 2012 VW Jetta TDI. I really just need to know what kind of deal I can expect to get, ie money down and monthly payment.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • bullz_i1981bullz_i1981 Member Posts: 2
    hi
    i am trying to lease the 2012 gli autobahn with nav with a DSG for 36/12000 can u give me the residual and money factor for january?
  • jenp70jenp70 Member Posts: 3
    I would like money factor and residual for this lease for January and February if you have it? The dealer I went to also said they are paying the first month still. Is it reasonable to get below invoice, are there any incentives or bonus cash that the consumer may not be aware of to help the dealers out?
    Thank you. I am waiting for an offer to come in tomorrow.
  • sparky6805sparky6805 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if I can get feedback on two options that I am evaluating. This is what the dealer (in Massachusetts) is offering (both 36-month leases with 12k miles/year and $3,250 total due at signing)...

1. 2012 Jetta S w/ Sunroof (manual transmission): $189/month (inclusive of MA sales tax...6.25%).
    2. 2012 Jetta SE w/ Convenience and Sunroof (manual transmission): $225/month (inclusive of MA sales tax...6.25%)

These generally sound like decent deals? I haven't pushed back at all (yet)...there is probably a little wiggle room in these.

Thanks!!!
    edited February 2012
    I just leased a 2012 Jetta SE with Sunroof/convenience pkg, auto transmission. 3150 due at signing (trade + 700.00). They quoted me 252/mo for 15k miles/year. I purchased extra miles 18K/year and I pay 279/mo. My residual was 53%, money factor was .00022 (0.5% APR). I don't remember my Cap price but I paid around 22,700 for sales price, MSRP was 23,300 (approx) I feel that overall it was a good deal. Your price quotes seem on par as well. About 30.00 difference in price per month for every increase in 3k/miles per year.

For reference I bought my Jetta at Tracy VW in Hyannis MA
  • sparky6805sparky6805 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the quick reply jenp70! Yeah, it sounds like this would be a pretty decent deal...I haven't even dug into the details about residual (I think they said it would be around $12,500) or money factor.

A bit off-topic for this thread, but I hope you are enjoying it (assuming you already took delivery)...would be interested in hearing if there is any major stuff you don't like about it!
    I took delivery 4 days ago. I am coming from a V8 Explorer so the only thing that I am not impressed with is the initial acceleration from stopped position. I feel it hesitates a little and I have to push the gas pedal a little harder to get it to go quicker when pulling out from stop. This may be normal for a 4 cylinder but it drives me crazy. Other than that, I love the bluetooth, heated seats, sunroof, and comfy interior. Great gas mileage, averaging 28-30 MPG. Quiet, little road noise. Nothing has come up so far. Also with the lease is the carefree maintenance program which pays for all scheduled service including oil changes.

Good luck with your purchase. I am very happy with mine and saved over 400.00/mos.
  • mwinbosmwinbos Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car_man,

Can you tell me the February money factor and residual for the following:

1) 2012 Jetta SE w/conv and sunroof (auto); and
    2) 2012 Tiguan SE w/sunroof and nav (auto).

For both models would be 36 mos. lease at 12,000 miles/year.

Thanks for your help!
  • ashspropertyashsproperty Member Posts: 4
    Car Man,

Can you give me the residual and lease factors for a 2012 2.5se auto with convenience?
    Are there any other dealer or customer cash/incentives?

Thank you!

Steven
  • casemon3ycasemon3y Member Posts: 1
    I just took delivery on an automatic 2012 Jetta SE w/ Convenience & Sunroof, with $1975 down and rolling over $1000 negative equity on my trade (2004 Saab 9-3 w/ 60,000 miles - sold over fear of rising repair costs)...I'm paying $299/mo. for 36 months with 10,000 miles/year (I'm mostly a city driver). Obviously I went with a smaller down payment option and larger monthly payments, I just don't believe in putting too much $$ down for a car I'm ostensibly renting for three years.

Hope this helps!
  • space_odysseyspace_odyssey Member Posts: 6
    Can anyone tell me the February residual and money factor on the February $1999 down, 169/mo. lease special for the Jetta S sedan base model?

Also seeking the February residual and money factor for the Jetta SE sedan with convenience and sunroof, 5 cyl, 5 spd manual.

Thanks.
    Hi cybrryno. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

If you provide me with this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price, which can be found in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com, I would be happy to work up a payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bullz_i1981. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta GLI Autobahn with 12,000 miles per year are .00055 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go jenp70. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with conv, sunroof and 15,000 miles per year are .00011 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of Jetta Sedans with manual transmissions, but I am not aware of any cash on any other variants.

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for mwinbos. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with conv, sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00011 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Tiguan SE with sunroof, nav and 12,000 miles per year are .00096 and 55%.

There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of the 2012 Tiguan SE, but nothing on the Jetta Sedan that you mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Steven. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with convenience and 15,000 miles per year are .00011 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I think that the only cash incentive that is available on leases of the Jetta is on units that have manual transmissions.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings space_odyssey. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with convenience, sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00011 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • trmiamitrmiami Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man,

can you please provide the MF and Residual on a 2012 Jetta GLI Autobahn Package w/ Navigation for 36 months and 10k miles/12k miles?

Thank you very much!
  • jeisenscjeisensc Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Can you provide VW's residual and money factor on a 3 yr/45k lease for either a 2012 Sportwagen TDI with just sunroof package or with sunroof and nav?

Thanks!
    Here you go trmiami. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta GLI Autobahn with 12,000 miles per year are .00055 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease of this car with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jeisensc. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • trmiamitrmiami Member Posts: 4
    Thank you very much, Car_man!

It doesn't look like we're going to make it in time for a February lease, however... as much as we want to.

Do you have the March program, by any chance?

Same vehicle; 2012 GLI Autobahn w/ navigation, 36 mo/10k miles.

Thanks again!!!!
    No problem trmiami. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta GLI Autobahn with 10,000 miles per year are .00048 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "A" tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • bman44bman44 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide me with the March money factor and res. for a 2012 Jetta SE Convenience with Sunroof- Automatic, for 36 months and 12k miles? and for 10k miles?

thanks!
    Hi bman44. VW Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE Convenience with sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00007 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • vwcreditsucksvwcreditsucks Member Posts: 2
    I have leased for 20+ years and I have NEVER gone through the issues I'm going through with VW Credit after turning in my 2009 Jetta 3000k miles UNDER mileage!!! They will RAKE YOU FOR EVERY little ding, scratch, burn, tires, NORMAL wear and tear...anything they can get from you. I will NEVER lease from them again! I am starting a website for other people I've had contact with to share similar stories so when the site is complete, I will make sure everyone knows how they do business.
    I've NEVER had to pay for tires (they were exactly where they should have been when turning it in)...you can turn in a Honda, Toyota, Lexus, etc with bald tires and they won't bother you! NORMAL wear and tear after 36 months. I've only ever had to pay for over mileage!!!!!
    VW Credit is ridiculous and I, nor my friends, family, neighbors or co-workers will EVER do business with them again!
  • belaircarguybelaircarguy Member Posts: 107
    While I have never leased, but purchased instead, I guess this shows that with any contract (a lease is nothing more than a use contract for a car), it is important to understand and agree on the terms. In this case what is normal wear and tear. If you have one idea and the dealer has another idea, then a problem will arise, which is what happened here.

As the Romans said - caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).
  • vwcreditsucksvwcreditsucks Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    I am VERY aware of normal wear and tear, as I said I have leased for 20+ years and I DO take very good care of my cars! Is it my fault if someone parks next to me and gets a tiny ding in my door. Honda and other companies definitely consider that normal wear and tear! VW is a bit ridiculous when it comes to their "normal wear and tear" terms...they are unlike any other...RIP OFF! Probably a punishment for not going into another VW! There are 100's of other people on other threads who will agree and have gone through the same thing, wish I would have read their posts before I leased a VW. We are just trying make the consumers aware of how VW does business compared to other leasing companies/brands.
  • belaircarguybelaircarguy Member Posts: 107
    If "normal wear and tear" is not defined (car door dings, bald tires, etc - as you stated), then it is up to the determination of the lease company. Remember, anytime you are signing a contract (a lease is nothing more than a contract), the contract always favors whoever wrote the contract. If you wrote it, you would most likely have stated door dings and bald tires are normal wear and tear. If not defined ---- ask it to be defined in writing.

I am not disputing your displeasure, but rather pointing out the obvious.......know what you are signing. If you don't understand "normal wear and tear" then ask for the definition in writing. If VW or Honda or any other company won't define how you will be judged upon return of the car, then leasing is a joke. Buy the car instead! Then you can drive it as you please, dent as many doors as you like, run on bald tires ---- and guess what? When you go to trade it, it will be downgraded for poor condition.

Good luck on your future leases!
  • jlabodajlaboda Member Posts: 1
    Hello ---

Can anyone give me info (residual and money factor) for a 2012 TDI Jetta Sportwagen lease (36 months/12k)?

Thanks!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I have leased several VW cars and have not had any issues. I am thinking that is more about the dealership and their methods and not VW. I have a lease 2011 Jetta and then financed a 2008 Jetta. Years back when we turned in our 04 Jetta, it was just fine even with overage. We keep our cars very clean. We didn't get dinged on anything. The one issue with mileage. They simply look at the trade in value that is affected by the mileage if you trade it in against the loan or contract amount. If I turned in a car and walked away, I would need to pay the overage for mileage.

I really think it is the dealership. VW has not given me any issues. My dealership does so much for me. They treat me with high respect and I am quite a perfectionist about my cars. I am sure that I make them crazy sometimes. All the more reason they know my car is going to be quality. But, they have kept me as a customer for 3 leases now. One day, I leased 2 cars at the same time. They will get the deal done.

Sorry about your experience. Next time, I would choose another dealer.
  • bggriffibggriffi Member Posts: 1
    Do you have April's money factor and residual for the Jetta sedan TDI Premium? 36 month/12k miles.

Does VW offer lease cash/incentives for Jetta leases?
This discussion has been closed.