Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• jerseyjoe83jerseyjoe83 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man- Thanks for the reply, sorry the MSRP is $25,480. The reason I was going to put 4 down is a combination of wanting to keep the monthly around mid 2's and after getting my credit report recently I found my score is a 511....so hopefully putting more money down will prevent me from being turned down for a lease.
  • vwvw1vwvw1 Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car Man,
    Can you give me the residual and MF for 2006 GLI Manual for 24 months / 15k year. The MSRP on the car is $24,519. It's a Manual and only option is Mats. The dealer has offered $21600.
    What can I expect for payments with only 1st month down?

Thanks!!
  • joey65joey65 Member Posts: 9
    Good day everyone,
    I'm looking to lease a new jetta, automatic with no bells or whistles, just plain vanilla and the most affordable for my niece. I would like to lease it for 24 mths and for 12k p/yr. Not looking to put any $$$ down aside from the 1st month payment & the dmv fees.

Is there a good chance I can keep the monthly payments around $280-290???

Thanks much in advance.
  • wbrittwbritt Member Posts: 2
    Went to the dealer yesterday. They are telling me that the better incentives for the 06 Jetta ended last month. Telling me that the money factors and residuals are better on the 07 models?! Is this the case? We test drove an 07 - 2.5 Jetta with pkge #1 with Cold Weather Package with an MSRP of $21,870. What I would like is a no money down lease for about $280 or so. They had a program for 39 month leases with money factors around .0028 and I think the residual was in the 56% range. They said the could get the payments down to low $300 but I was not willing to play the game till I knew my options. Can you tell me what the best deal I can expect based on the MF and residuals that you are aware of currently - appear to be no incentives for 07 model? Surprised they do not offer great deals to get rid of the 06 models!

Thanks wbritt
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem, jerseyjoe83. I actually asked for both this car's MSRP and its approximate selling price. The selling price is a very important number to know. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Not only is thie number necessary to calculate lease payments, but it shows you how good a deal you are getting. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this car right now by visiting the following discussion: "Volkswagen Jetta: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello vwvw1. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 Jetta GLI with 15,000 miles per year are .00214 and 54%, respectively. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $24,519, and a selling price of $21,600, I estimate that this car's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $307. If you opt to have your car's security deposit waived and to roll VW Credit's $575 acquisition fee into its capitalized cost rather than pay it at signing, the payment for this lease would increase to around $330.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi joey65. I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of payment you should expect on the Jetta that you are interested in. It would be a big help though if you would provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price first. You can look up the MSRP of the car that you want by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You may be able to get an idea of what sort of selling price you will have to pay by visiting the following discussion: "Volkswagen Jetta: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know what these numbers are and I will crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Unfortunately, wbritt, what you were told is correct. Volkswagen has stopped providing lease support on the 2006 Jetta. Many manufacturers terminate their lease support on leftover models this late in the model year because by this point their residual values have fallen so much that it is too expensive for them to provide enough support on the leftover vehicles to provide attractive lease payments on them. As a result, your monthly payment will probably be lower if you lease a 2007 model, even after taking the lower selling price of the leftover 2006 model into account. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L Sedan (not the base model) with 15,000 miles per year are .00219 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • rubyjeanrubyjean Member Posts: 1
    I'm seriously considering getting this car, but I want to know if it's a good deal in terms of dollars for car. Any suggestions?
    STATS:
    VW Jetta, 4-door, Sun Roof, 2007 2.5 model

4-year Lease or 48,000 miles

4-year warranty plus 4-year road side assistance

Cost of Car: $21,000 (i need to clarify the ACTUAL sticker price)

Money Factor: 1.95%

APR: 4.6%

Residual: 51%

Downpayment: $1,150.00

Monthly(with tax): $314.00

Total monthly payments: $15,072

Payment at end of lease to own: $10,000

Total Cost after Lease if purchase: $25,072.00

Trade In: VW will make the last 2 payments to Ford on my 2004 Explorer ($360 x 2 = $720); there is a dent on the side which eats up my $375.00 deposit.

Thank you!

Ruby Jean
  • tribalvinyltribalvinyl Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car Man. I am looking to lease 07 GLI fully loaded. I am going to the dealership this weekend, and I need to have an idea of what MF and Residual values I would be offered by the dealer (located in NY).
    07 GLI (fully loaded), 36 months with 12K/year.
    Thanks
    Here's the information that you're looking for, tribalvinyl. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 VW Jetta GLI with 12,000 miles per year are .00178 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • richardmartynrichardmartyn Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car_man:

I'm helping my father in law out by finding the best lease on the 2007 VW Jetta.

He is looking for a very basic car and we are in NJ. Can you give me the lease rates and residuals for this car with the following taking into account:

$1500 total out of pocket at inception.
    36-39 month lease.
    10K /yr
    Cap cost $18,195

Thanks,
    Richardmartyn
  • nfn2000nfn2000 Member Posts: 2
    Any ideas what the MF and the residual % is on the 2007 jetta 2.5 with automatic trans and 10000 mi/yr for 39 months.
    Also, do the numbers change if I add the rear side airbag option?
    from the jetta 209/mo advertised special, it seems the vw is assuming the following numbers:
    residual: 59%
    MF: 0.001725

Car_man, help me out pleaase!
  • getwirednengetwirednen Member Posts: 44
    Hi All,

I see lots of lease information of the 2.5 and GLI, but not much on the 2.0. Does anyone know the current residuals and Money Factors for the 2007 2.0. I'm thinking 36 months, 15k, but numbers for 24 would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
  • gli06ergli06er Member Posts: 11
    Well, with the baby and all the things we have, we need a larger vehicle. I was wondering if there was any way I could get some type of new lease on a passat and trade in my GLI to them without some horrendous penalty. PLEASE help me with suggestions! :cry:
    Hi Richardmartyn. Here's the information that your father-in-law needs. Volkswagen Credit;s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jetta 2.0T with 10,000 miles per year are .00187 and 59%, respectively. Interestingly, I believe that the numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings nfn2000. The money factor that you came up with for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Jetta 2.5 is right on the money. I believe that its 39 month, 10,000 mile per year residual value would be 60% though. The addition of rear side airbags will not have any impact upon this car's lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, getwired. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jetta 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00187 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease are .00187 and 65%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new baby, gli06er. They're lots of fun (and work too ;) ). I know how you feel, my days of driving coupes ended when I had my son. How much longer do you have left on your Jetta lease? I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle, even if it means that it will be a tight squeeze for a little while. Look at the bright side, while the Jetta isn't huge there are lots of cars out there that are smaller. Imagine having to put your baby in the back of a hatchback like a GTI every day :surprise: .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • alexisp91alexisp91 Member Posts: 7
    Hello,
    I have been receiving direct mail pieces, since I have a current lease w/ VW Credit on a Jetta Wagon that I love. The lease comes up this summer, but due to the direct mail, I decided to go in over the holiday and see what the "deals" are. Once I'd talked with the dealer, I asked the Sales Manager to show me the numbers, and while I didn't write them all down (he showed me that he's only making $165 profit on the car, and seemed kind of bitter), the money factor is .00198 (4.75%), and a $265/month payment ($650 out of pocket for first month's payment, tax, title, transfer plates and "doc fee"--$170!!)

He offered me a $285 payment to start, so I felt good I got him down to that...It's a 39 month lease, 10,000 miles/year (have to ask about the extra 3 months), but I only have 22,000 on my almost 4 year leased wagon, so that should be ok. It's a manual Wolfsburg, which has the cold weather package. Your thoughts? Thank you!
  • dotsyncdotsync Member Posts: 19
    are there any lease cash/rebate incentives on 2007 jetta 2.0t? also, what are the lease rates (MF, residual) on this vehicle.

thanks!
    nick
  • jeffstrajeffstra Member Posts: 5
    What is the residual % currently on an '07 GLI?

I wanted to lease and Audi A3, but the residuals are horrible and I really wanted something with the DSG transmission (which I can't get in an A4). So the Jetta is an option.
  • leonardedwardsleonardedwards Member Posts: 5
    Hello Carman:Please help 2007 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 39 month lease,12k;0 due at signing;0 security deposit;0 first payment.
    have coupon for $500 Off Volkswagen Auto Show Special-Detroit
    259/mo (plus license,tax and dealer fees)Many Thanks in advance leonardbedwards@gmail.com
    Is this the deal you received? I can tell you it's quite a bit better than the one I just got! I had to pay my first payment, and I'm only at 10,000 miles per month (suburbs of Detroit)
  • leonardedwardsleonardedwards Member Posts: 5
    $264 total. Coupon in Monday Free Press. RE Auto Show special. Suburban VW in Troy,Mi
    That's where I leased mine on Jan. 2. It's a better deal than what I got, esp. the mileage.
  • fstylesfstyles Member Posts: 3
    Car_man (Or anyone who might know),

What are the current (January 2007) residual and money factor for a 2007 Jetta GLI. If you could list different terms along with their numbers that would be great, if not. Please let me know what a 24month/15k lease MF and Residual would be.

Thanks,
    Fstyles :)
  • faroyyfaroyy Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for new jetta 07 in nyc with no money down any thoughts Please & Thanks !!
  • mromy27mromy27 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

I'm going to the dealership to negotiate on a 2007 Jetta Wolfsburg with automatic transmission tonight. The only option I am selecting is the jetta ground effects kit (invoice of $1390). Can you please let me know what the money factors and residual value are for 24 month lease and 36 month lease at both 12,000 and 15,000 miles per year?

Also, I know Jettas aren't the world's most popular car right now. Should I expect to pay much more than invoice?

Thanks for your assistance!
    Hello alexisp91. Here is Volkswagen's latest lease program for the car that you are interested in. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 VW Jetta Wolfsburg with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 60%, respectively. I would be happy to give you my opinion of the deal that you were quoted, however it would be a big help if you were able to provide me with this car's full MSRP and selling price first. The selling price is a very important number for you to know anyhow. the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Nick. Volkswagen is not currently providing any cash incentives on the 2007 Jetta. Its lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned either of these items in your post, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00149 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jeffstra. You never mentioned what term or mileage allowance you are interested in, so for now I will assume that you want a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jetta GLI with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi leonardedwards. It is always a good idea to find out the MSRP and selling price of the vehicle that you want to lease before finalizing your deal. These numbers will show you how much of a discount you are being given. At first glance, this lease payment looks attractive to me, but I will be able to give you a more detailed analysis of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Fstyles. Here is the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Jetta GLI with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi, and thank you,
    This is what I was told:
    19,519 my price
    20,469 MSRP

I was also told the money factor was .00198

thank you!
    Hi faroyy. Have you ever leased before. If not, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Basically, all you need to do is decide exactly which Jetta you want, negotiate the lowest possible selling price on it, and then have the dealer that you are working with use its buy rate lease money factor to calculate its monthly payment.

Anyhow, check out those articles and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mromy27. Here's the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Jetta Wolfsburg with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00160 and 57%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 2% higher.

As far as this car's selling price goes, I personally would shoot for around $500 over dealer invoice. For additional feedback on how much you should pay for this model, check out the following discussion: "Volkswagen Jetta: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're welcome, alexisp91. This car's January buy rate lease money factor is definitely .00160 for 39 month leases. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses that factor to calculate your car's monthly payment. As far as this car's price goes, Jettas usually don't have much of a spread between their full MSRPs and dealer invoice prices, it's often less than $1,000. You were quoted a discount of $950 on the car that you want. This looks very reasonable to me, but you can always stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Volkswagen Jetta: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Well, thanks,
    Next time around I'll be sure to wait, as I got the car at the beginning of the month, not realizing the turn-around on hearing back would be several weeks. At least, I guess, I got the discount you say is decent. Thank you.
  • nickispanickispa Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car Man... I am currently looking to lease a 2007 Jetta. When I went to the dealership today in Hicksville, NY I was given serval numbers that I am not sure are the best qoutes after seeing these other posts.
    I was told for a 2007 Jetta Wolfsburg I would have to put $2000 down and have a monthly payment of $269. Automatic, 12K, 39 month lease. Does this seem fair? I wish that I had that $500 coupon!!! Thanks so much!
  • landmatelandmate Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

My lease on a 2003 Jetta from Dorito Bros is up. I have refinance information from VW credit and would now like to find out how this compares to a new lease on a Rabbit or Jetta. I would like quotes for leasing and leasing to own for base models. I am a college grad and m looking for the lowest possible monthly of course. I have sterling credit as well.

My Jetta is in good shape with 27,000 miles on it.

Are there any specials on Rabbits right now?

Thanks
  • gokhangulecgokhangulec Member Posts: 23
    Hey Car_man,

What is the current rate and residual for a 36 month and 39 month of a 2007 Jetta 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year?

Thanks a lot.

GG
    You're welcome, alexisp91. Enjoy your new ride.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello nickispa. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi landmate. Volkswagen has a pretty good lease program on the 2007 Jetta right now, but it really isn't providing any lease support on the Rabbit. Your lease payment on the new Jetta and Rabbit that you are considering leasing will depend upon their MSRPs and selling prices. If you provide me with the MSRPs and approximate selling prices (or at least the dealer invoice prices) of the exact cars that you are interested in I would be happy to use VW Credit's actual lease program to estimate what their monthly payments should be like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey gokhangulec. Here's the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jetta 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00149 and 54%, respectively. Interestingly, the numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are exactly the same. So you definitely should go with the 39 month lease over a 36 month lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • gokhangulecgokhangulec Member Posts: 23
    Thanks so much Carman. What about for Jetta 2.5? Are these numbers the same?

Thanks again.

GG
  • niclaf77niclaf77 Member Posts: 40
    hi carman,

you were very helpful when i was leasing my audi a4 so i am back looking for information on a lease of a volkswagen jetta 2.0 for my husband. the only option we would add is automatic transmission. i am a little confused b/c on their website it shows the msrp as $18,205 but on edmunds the price is $23,185. which should i be using and how much should i shoot for when negotiating the price?

we live in nj and are looking for a $0 down lease for 36 or 39 months at 12,000 miles per year. what are the residuals and money factors and do you recommend a 36 or 39 month lease? also, i currently lease an audi through volkswagen credit - does that qualify us for the customer loyalty and if so, what special would we receive? do you think it is possible to keep our payment at $250 per month with these terms?

thank you.
  • niclaf77niclaf77 Member Posts: 40
    i figured out the difference in prices - i was looking at the 2.0 when in fact i just want the standard jetta with auto. transmission - so i am working with a msrp of about $18,400 or so. all other information remains the same. thanks!
  • wvbobwvbob Member Posts: 13
    I'm in the process of replacing a totaled '05 beetle. I have contacted numerous dealers via web ( searching 300 mile radius). Parameters starting out were to have Drivers Choice Financing. I'm told this is now based on a Lease contract. What I have as a best deal so far is from dealer where I purchased beetle. Deal or No Deal... '07 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, automatic, MSRP $21255; Invoice $20,255; sell price $19,700. Price quote for 48months, 12k/annual miles is $269 complete out the door. does this sound reasonable or do I need to make them go sit in the corner while I spank them some more. WV collects sales tax at 5% added to each payment. Quoted price includes this too.
This discussion has been closed.