Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Lease Questions

Comments

• ajr1775ajr1775 Member Posts: 33
    Bubbler86, what was the lease rate with tax?
  • bubbler86bubbler86 Member Posts: 11
    Sorry, forgot to add that. With the $1200 fees rolled in it was about $385/Mo including the 7% tax.
    Others can please correct me if I seem wrong but I think that's an excellent lease rate considering you got 15K miles a year. Care to share the dealer?
  • bubbler86bubbler86 Member Posts: 11
    I believe it was a great rate as well. I was trading a car in with a little negative equity so I needed to find the best deal I could before bringing the negative equity into it. I am paying more than the $385 due to the negative equity but I processed the deals seperately to keep the "money monkey business" at a minimum. At first I wanted a CC but after driving a few I noticed that delay in take off was just something I could not handle. I lthen ooked at a 2.5 SE and a 3.6SE Passat and realized I wanted to the 6 Cyl but they did not have the color combo I wanted in the 3.6 SE's so we had to jump to one of the SEL premiums and the rate really was not that much more...if I remember correctly it was about 350/mo for the 3.6 SE so about $35 more for the SEL Premium. The Lease Cash from VCI really makes the deals much better. The dealer was Aristocrat VW in Sanford, FL. All that really matters is what they will sell it for...the Residual and MF are both set by VCI, assuming one has good credit.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey cedarsmoker. Volkswagen Credit's current lease program on the 2013 Passat SE is slightly worse than its program on the Passat. That combined with the car's higher MSRP probably account for most of the difference.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're welcome truetao.

Car_man
    Host
  • tigertoneetigertonee Member Posts: 1
    Hello I was wondering if anybody could tell me if this is a good deal on 2013 Passat Sel Premium

$2500 down
    $399 per month
    Sale price $29,763
    Residual $17,763
    12k miles/yr

Any input much appreciated

Thanks
  • sarah43sarah43 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man -
    I am looking to lease a 2013 Passat SE (no sunroof or Nav.), Neg. price 22,800
    Residual 14602.
    Right now I have the dealer at 240 month for 35 months (after taxes ), and $2000 drive off (including 1 months payment and all taxes and fees). I really would like to lower the drive off to $100o month. Do you think this is possible?I live in Los Angeles CA
    Thank You,
    Sarah
  • stillystilly Member Posts: 7
    Did you include the "other fees" of $1200 in your Initial Cap Cost? Or did you later have to add in for Total Cap Costs?
    Is the VCI $1750 or $1000 ??
    I'm looking at a 2012 V6 SE with Nav and Sunroof since MF is .00009
    Does anyone know the RES for 15k a year on the 2012?
    TigerTonee,
    That lease rate is high. Your capitalization cost which is the sale price minus your down payment would be $27,263.00. A lease rate based off of this should be closer to the $330 - $350 per month range, assuming your credit is tip top.
  • bahn517bobahn517bo Member Posts: 8
    Hi Sarah,
    Sorry, I am not Car man nor an expert by any means, but was simply interested in your post as you seem to have gotten a pretty good deal. I am looking for the same model in the Los Angeles area as well, and would like to ask you a few questions, which of course you need only answer if you wish.

(1) Is this for a SE manual or automatic? (i'm assuming manual? Or else that is an awesome price)
    (2) What is your quoted money factor?
    (3) If you don't mind sharing, which dealer are you negotiating with?

In answer to your question re: lowering the drive off cost, from my research, it seems you can negotiate away the security deposit if you haven't done so already. Also, ask them to itemize the acquisition/bank fee, so you know what they are charging you over their rate. It looks like the acquisition fee should be around $595, so make sure that is what they are giving you. Just a couple suggestions that you may or may not have already considered :). Anyways best of luck. Let us know how everything turns out!
    Just test drove a Passat TDI with Sunroof. Loved it. Not an awe-inspiring vehicle but it feels "just right." I've driven Passats for 10 years. Vtex leatherette was decent. The front view behind the wheel is amazing. Diesel engine was quiet in relative terms. Interior sounds dampening was good. Very roomy. Engine has great pickup, good torque at lower rpms!

The salesmen at Prestige VW in Melbourne was very helpful and not pushy. Atmosphere inside the dealership felt comfortable. I felt I could definitely get into a good price negotiation without it getting uncomfortable. They have a good deal going on leases till end of October; too bad I'm not buying till end of December.
    Hi Sarah. How much of the amount due at lease signing is a capitalized cost reduction? You should be able to eliminate 100% of any cap cost reduction. In fact, it is a good idea to do so. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicle risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

If you tell me what this car's MSRP is I can evaluate the selling price that you were quoted to see if you might be able to negotiate a lower one.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car Man -
    I actually lease the car yesterday -
    The final deal was this:
    2013 Passat SE Automatic (no sunroof or Nav.)
    Titanium Silver with moonstone leatherette int.

$1000 total drive off (including first month payment and title and reg. fees)
    249.99/month (including tax)
    41 months

Agreed Upon Value of Vehicle - 22.649.69
    Gross Cap Cost - $22,649.69
    Cap Cost Reduction $14.94
    Residual Value - 13,559.00

Thanks!

Sarah
    Sorry I forgot to give you MSRP:
    $26,002 - inc. dest. fee
    Thanks!
  • wolffywolffy Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car-man-
    I'm looking at leasing a 2013 Passat TDI Premium. Can you tell me what the residual is and if there are any rebate programs currently. The dealer is asking $33,991. Anything else to help me negotiate would be great. Thank you.
  • missileman7missileman7 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Hi Car_man,
    Can you please post the current Money Factor and Residual for a 2013 Passat 2.0L TDI SEL Premium 36 months Lease with 12K and 15K miles?
  • mikebd38mikebd38 Member Posts: 3
    I just leased the 2013 Passat with sunroof and nav in Westchester, NY, no money out of pocket except for DMV fees at $150. My total monthly payment is $327/month for a 36 month lease @ 12,000 miles/year.

I think that you got a good deal, considering your lease is for 15k miles/year.
  • wolffywolffy Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have this? Thanks.
    Hi wolffy. VW Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat TDI Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is providing cash incentives on leases of the Passat, but not on the diesel model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey missileman7. The lease program for all Passat TDI models is the same. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a the latest model VW Passat or Honda Accord sedan, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 1, 2012, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 for a copy of the survey.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    Can you tell me the msrp of the car and which exact model. I am trying to help someone lease and I think this is the best deal I have seen and we are in the same are. What is the name of the dealership. Thanks so much. How do you like the car?
    I got it at Mohegan Lake Motors.

Passat SE with Sunroof and Navigation, 2.5 liter.

MSRP = $26,995
    Value = $25,893
    Adjusted cap cost = $27,115
    Allowance of $500 because loss of my previous VW during the hurricane
    Residual value = $15,612 based on 36 months lease @ 12k miles/year

I love this car so far. I've only had it for less than 2 days.
    why is adjusted cap cost higher than msrp?

Thanks for the info!
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Car Man...can you give me the current financing numbers and incentives for a 2013 Passat SE Auto for 12k and 15k miles? Thank you so much
    MSRP doesn't include add-ons (monster mats, cargo blocks, first aid kit, etc..) and destination charge.
  • martymcfly1martymcfly1 Member Posts: 3
    So, I dont know anything about residual value or anything else. What I do know, is how to negotiate.

So i have three offers, let me know if any of these are good deals, and which one is best

Same car for all 3, 2013 Passat SE with Conveinence Package and Sunroof

1) $264/ month, 41 payments (dealer pays 1st month), no $ down, just DMV fees (250$ or so?) But the bumper to bumper warranty expires after 36 months and there is a 350$ disposition fee!

2) $279/month, 36 months. no $ down but DMV again.

3) $279/month, same as #1 but with an extended warranty

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP---
  • tuxmasktuxmask Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2012
    Here is the spreadsheet http://tinyurl.com/bocxtju
    from CarBuyingTips.com. I am using it working on a deal.
    Is this SE 2.5L Automatic?
    What's the MSRP of the car?
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    i find this one easy to use:
    http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
    Hi Car man,

Can you please post the current Money Factor and Residual for a 2013 Passat 2.5L SE Auto for 36 months with 12K? Thank you!
    Certainly sprinkler13. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat Sedan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00009 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on it. VW is waiving the first month's payment right now as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings bahn517bo. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat Sedan 2.5L SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00009 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,250 cash incentive plus the waiver of the first month's payment on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Car_man...thanks for the november numbers earlier but it looks like I'll be waiting a couple more weeks. When available, can you post the December numbers for both 12k and 15k miles on a Passat SE? Thanks
    Thank you Car man. I will def factor in the incentive + waiver into my negotiations.
    Hi everyone,
    Trying to figure out if this is a good deal and if I should sign off on it or not. Any suggestions? Your feedback is much appreciated.

MSRP: 26110
    Sale Price: 22575
    Cap Cost Reduction: 0
    Gross Cap Cost (rolling in acquisition fee): 23200
    Residual: 55% / 14360.5

12k / 35 months. There is a $1250 cash incentive going on right now + 1st month payment waived.
  • phaworthphaworth Member Posts: 20
    What is the monthly payment?
    edited December 2012
    monthly payment, depending on which scenario I go with, 1 or 2:

1. Not including acq fee + doc fee:
    - Gross Cap: $22,495 (updated figure)
    - Monthly fee: $249 (including tax)
    - ~1k drive offs

2. Including acq fee + doc fee:
    - Gross Cap: $23,200
    - Monthly fee: $270.77 (including tax)
    - ~$380 drive offs

Trying to see if there is anymore room for negotiation considering the $1250 incentive that the dealers are obviously figuring into their price too. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
  • tuxmasktuxmask Member Posts: 21
    You have better pricing in your area. I have two competing dealers not willing to go below $22600 sale price ($26110 msrp).

Option 1, you are paying your tax upfront. You risk losing the tax amount in case of total loss.

Option 2, you are financing your tax amount at 0.22% taking away the risk of losing it in case of total. VW is paying for your first payment so you get $21 more from VW with option 2.

Another thing to consider is VW is paying for your first monthly payment.
    Your number of payment for the monthly fee should be 35 and not 36. Make sure you state it up front. I bet the $380 include the first month payment the dealer want to take it from you.

Here's a simple calculator you can use http://www.leaseguide.com/calc_pda.htm

The residual value should be 55% of $26110=$14360.5
    If you plug in $0 for cap cost reduction and a tax rate at 8.75% and
    interest rate of 0.22 % you get $271 round up..

Good luck with your deal.
    Hi Tuxmask,
    I appreciate your feedback, especially about whether to capitalize or not capitalize the acquisition fee. I guess I will since the first month payment is waived anyways.

The $380 is actually for DMV fees, and those are the total drive-offs. We've already clarified that the first month payment is waived SEPARATELY from the drive-offs, so I don't think that should be a problem.
    Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to share my final lease agreement with everyone. I was excited about the deal I got, and I want to see what you think about it.

MSRP: 26110
    Proposed Sale Price: 22250
    Cap Cost Reduction: 0
    Gross Cap Cost (rolling in acquisition fee and doc fee of $705): 22955
    Residual: 55% / 14360.5
    Other fees: $289 out-the-door

12k / 35 months. 1st month payment waived. Comes out to $263.28 / month

This website was great and instrumental in getting this deal done. Will definitely pass it along to others looking to lease.
  • zzmmmommyzzmmmommy Member Posts: 67
    We are currently looking to lease the 2013 SEL Passat for 36 months. I am not sure what the lease price should be - does anyone have any ideas for us? I know the SE with the appearance package is now $239, but we were interested in the SEL. Advice? Thanks!
  • jackofheartsahjackofheartsah Member Posts: 2
    how many miles/yr?
    what is included in the convenience package?

thanks
  • martymcfly1martymcfly1 Member Posts: 3
    12k and and iPod hookup and some radio settings. Nothing too crazy
  • jackofheartsahjackofheartsah Member Posts: 2
    thanks. i was offered a similar price for 10k, not sure if it had convenience..hmmm..

what part of the country was this in? sounds like you got a decent offer- did you take the lease? which did you decide on?
    The $239 is the advertised price in South Fl. We are looking for the SEL which is a step up package. Car price is around 29K. We are leasing for 36 months, 15k miles a year. Anyone know a great lease amount to expect?
    Looking for lease ifo on 6 cylinder sel. 36 month, 10 k miles per year. 0 down. Taxes in pmt.
  • moretownmoretown Member Posts: 3
    Somewhat confused as to where the incentives of $1250 went. Shouldn't that be a cap cost reduction? Or did the "sale" price already factor that in?
    What is residual and mf on 2013 passat 3.6se with navigation. 12k miles, 36 months.

Thanks!
    I gave a deposit today for a 2013 Passat SE with Leather, Nav and Sunroof. 36 months/15k miles. Zero down, but the deposit is the first month's payment (they didn't have the color in stock that we wanted so I paid the deposit/first month to get it in).
    Final payment with tax, tags, etc. is $365 a month for 36 months. Good? Bad? I also had two payments left on my current lease for a total of $700. What do you all think?
This discussion has been closed.