Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Lease Questions

Comments

• smokingenginesmokingengine Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Hi,
    We are planning on leasing a Passat SE w/ sunroof valued at 26, 915.00. The lease amount is $312.00 a month for 42 months. Is that too much? They advertise passats for $239 a month.

Thanks
  • rslifka007rslifka007 Member Posts: 6
    Hello All, I'm going to lease a Passat SE Automatic tomorrow. :) MSRP is $26110 What is the residual for 36 and 42 months? (12,000 miles year) Is the residual the same for both 36 and 42 months? Is it 55%? I prefer to lease for 36 months if possible. I know the MF buy rate is .00009. When I know the residual value, I will be able to calculate the lease payment. Many thanks for your assistance. I'm aware of the $1250 Lease Bonus Cash so it's a great time to do the lease.
    P.S. I'm in S. California...
  • testaccounttestaccount Member Posts: 7
    hey anyone manage to find a deal in NYC tri state area?
    P.P.S. Annual mileage will be under 10,000. I'd like to know the residual values for the 2013 Passat SE for 36 and 42 months with 10,000 miles a year.

Thanks...
    56% for 10k and 36 months according to paper I got
    SE Auto with Sunroof, no NAV

MSRP: 26910
    Sale Price: 24040
    Bank Fee: 625
    residual 56% (10k 36 months)
    Doc Fee 75
    Inspection 10
    Tax Rate is 8.875

worked out to be 287 a month, just pay DMV at drive off, tax rolled in payments

thanks in advance
    Hi testaccount,

Many thanks for the lease rate info. I think your Passat lease deal is truly Excellent. A few days ago I went for a Passat test drive and I was totally astonished at how nice of a car the SE with Automatic is. I bet you like yours.
    All the Best... R.
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    is $388/month for 36 months 10k per year on a 3.6 limited sel with nav and sunroof (list price roughly $35k) a good deal. $0 down, everything rolled into payment including nyc taxes.
  • daytripper7daytripper7 Member Posts: 1
    Hi-
    I've been offered a lease of $300 per month for 2.5L SE with sunroof and navigation.
    MSRP 26995
    MF .0029
    20k miles per year
    42 months
    Taxes and fees paid up front- estimated $2600
    Is this a good deal? offer is NYC area and part of VW's 0 down,0 first month payment,0 security...offer.
    Thanks
    Isn't that almost 7% interest?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi sprinkler13. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00009 and 53%.

The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal,, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that VW is providing on leases of this car. Volkswagen is waiving the first month's payment right now as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome bahn517bo.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cliffpoz. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SE 4-cylinder with 12,000 miles per year are .00009 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Don't forget about the $1,250 cash and payment waiver offers.

Car_man
    Host
    You're right, testaccount, there's no way that daytripper was quoted a money factor of .00290 on this car. The rate wouldn't be that high even if your credit was a wreck.

Daytripper did you mean .00029? Even that is slightly high. VW Credit's buy rate for top credit tier customers is only .00009 for a 36-month lease of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Do u think I did okay with my deal?
  • ajr1775ajr1775 Member Posts: 33
    Just leased one yesterday. Took advantage of the $1,250.00 cash bonus. Lease rate with everything rolled in was $289.00. They pay the first month. I probably could of nagged and harped a lot more on the sale price to get my lease down to $280.00 but they were very descent and good, Prestige VW of Melbourne FL. Mileage allowance was 12,000 a year.
    The Residual on 12K for 42 month is 55%.
  • xdawg12xdawg12 Member Posts: 10
    I just got this deal on January 2nd:

2013 Passat V6 SEL Premium
    10,000 miles / 42 months
    All Weather Mats
    Dealer Paid for Tinting
    Tungsten Silver

MSRP $34,995 (with Destination)
    Sell Price: $32,092

$368 due at signing / $368 a month

They took back my 2010 Jetta that had 3 payments of $350 remaining on the lease. I was under mileage and the car was in good shape, but it was still under.

Hope this helps.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    ref: 1139
    Please supply the following:
    residual % for 10k miles per year
    money factor?
    disposition fee?
    thx
    Great deal, even at a 42 month term.
  • danny01danny01 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Thanks for the great info!

I went to a New York dealer today and this is what they offered:

$24,990
    36 months
    10k/year
    MF: .00016
    Residual: 54%
    $345/month including tax
    first month's payment and DMV fees due at signing.

I plan on countering with $24,000, and 56% residual with 0 first month's payment. Is this reasonable? Should I try going even lower? Also I saw that people are getting .00009 MF. Is this still the going rate? I don't think my credit will qualify for top tier. Dealer said B-tier MF is .00046 and C-tier is .00101.

What should I counter with?

After looking at all the trims, I might consider the SEL Premium. What are the numbers for that trim?

ANy input will be appreciated

DAnny
    You're welcome danny01. I don't know what this car's MSRP or dealer invoice price are so I don't really have a point of reference to compare the price that you were offered to. Do you know what either of these numbers are.

VW Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SEL Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00016 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • nyweathernyweather Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have the February lease residual and money factors on a 10K mile lease in NY?

Also think there is a $1500 lease cash bonus but need confirmation.

Thanks.
  • melech37melech37 Member Posts: 18
    The lease on my Passat will be up in Aug. I have some body damage that I will need to have repaired, or else I will be penalized at turn-in.

If the body work is done by my VW dealer, is that a guarantee that VW will accept the car back without penalty? Do they have to accept the car without penalty if I get it repaired by a licensed body shop not associated with a VW dealer?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    You can have it repaired anywhere you want. To answer your specific questions, having the work done at you dealer won't guarantee anything (though, if your dealer is doing the turn-in inspection, any questions about the body work might get quashed by mentioning who performed it).

As to your other question, the body work has to be done correctly, no matter who does it. Any deficiency is between you and the body shop.

All that said, any decent body shop can do the work required, to the proper standards. Where you can get into trouble is asking them to cut corners to save money. My wife had $11K of body work done to a year old Accord, and at the end of three years, we just handed them the keys and walked away.. It's not that big of a deal to the bank.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• crazythedjcrazythedj Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for the excellent resources!

I'm looking for the residual and lease rate for a 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
    - 36 Month Lease
    - 12K Miles
    - San Diego, CA

Thank you again!
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    Carman:

What are february money factor and residual for a 36 month, 10k per year lease of a vw passat 3.6 sel? Also, does the $1750 incentive apply to the lease?
    Hi nyweather. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SEL Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00016 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You are correct about the $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for crazythedj. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey cliffpoz. VW Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat 3.6 SEL with 10,000 miles per year are .00002 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Yes, there is a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • aitrus03aitrus03 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car Man,

Can you provide the mf/res on the 2013 Passat SE(no nav, no sunroof) as well as any incentives or otheriwse to make sure I get.

Also, the 1st month waiver the was being offered, does this mean that after we negotiate everything, VW just eats the 1st month? Or is this something I have to negotiate the dealer to discount the car for?

Thanks so much!
  • getwirednengetwirednen Member Posts: 44
    Can anyone tell me if the following information is accurate for a 12k 36mo Passat TDI Lease?

MF: 0.00151
    Residual: 57%
    Incentive: $1,500

Is it also accurate that there is an additional $500 incentive for existing VW customers?

Thanks in advance!
    Here you go aitrus03. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat Sedan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. There is a small payment waiver offer that's only available in certain states. If you let me know where you are I can tell you if you're in one of them.

Car_man
    Host
  • getwirednengetwirednen Member Posts: 44
    I've negotiated both the TDI and V6 SEL Premium Passats. Both models are equipped as follows: Tungsten Silver Metallic, Cornsilk Beige Interior, Mat Kit, Wheel Locks, Lip Spoiler

TDI: $32,451 - $500 in incentives = $31,951 (MF: 0.00151 Residual 12k: 57%) $434.38
    V6: $33,124.00 - $2,750 in incentives = $30,374 (MF: 0.00002 Residual 12k: 54%) $328.84

On a lease, the TDI model is $106.00 more per month. Considering that 60% of my driving is highway, using 12k per year, I have calculated a difference of ~$600 in fuel costs between both models, or $50 per month. (V6 $1,970 per year TDI $1,376 per year). Adding this to the equation, that is still a $56 per month difference in favor or the V6.

Is there anything I am missing that could make up the additional $50 and turn the odds in favor of the TDI?

And Car_Man, thank you for all of your help... I'm in NC. Any payment waivers here?
    Hi Car man,

I live in Florida. When I asked the dealer, they said it was a sign & drive special that they don't currently offer. I was quoted .00016 and 53% on a 36/12k 2013 Passat SE. I know I will qualify for the best rate available. Is this information accurate?

Thanks again!
    Hi getwired. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this car are spot on, but where did you see the $1,500 cash incentive. I'm familiar with the $500 owner loyalty offer, but I haven't heard about the $1,500.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome getwired. I've found that consumers rarely make up for the added cost of getting a diesel or a hybrid version of a particular car with the savings that they experience in fuel costs. There are exceptions to every rule, but generally speaking consumers who lease a diesel or a hybrid do so more for their concern for the environment than for the money that they will save.

North Carolina is not one of the states that I have seen the payment waiver offer in.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks aitrus03. I didn't think that there was a sign and drive offer on Volkswagens right now. The residual value that you were quoted was spot on, but the money factor is slightly high.

Car_man
    Host
    What is the money factor for the '13 SE w/o nav or sunroof on a 12k/36 lease?
  • dvasilydvasily Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Could you tell me is this a good lease offer for Passat SE Automatic 2.5L 2013
    12K/year, 745.00 total down your payment is 219+ tax @ 36 month.

Thanks a lot
  • cambo562cambo562 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,
    I was wondering if you could tell me what price I should be looking to be at with 2013 Passat TDI Premium Lease. The terms I am looking for is, 36 months, 12,000miles/year and zero down? Thank you Sir!
  • bankboy66bankboy66 Member Posts: 3
    Hi CarMan....what is the current MF and Residual for a 2013 Passat SEL Premium V6. Looking at 36 months with 12K or 15K/year. Thanks
  • melech37melech37 Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2013
    Do I subtract the incentive from the price I offer the dealer? Does the incentive then get sent by VW to the dealer? How does the dealer know my low offer has already subtracted the incentive, so he doesn't feel I'm making an undoable low offer?

Melech
  • koebotkoebot Member Posts: 3
    Carman,

I would also like to know the April residual and MF on a 36mo/15k Passat V6 SEL Premium lease.

Thanks
  • justwatchingjustwatching Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car_man

Can you post the money factor and residual for Passat 2.5L SE 12,000 miles per year 36 months.

And are there any incentives?

Thank you
    Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00016 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

VW is providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of this car plus another $500 cash incentive for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cambo562. Let me know what this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price are as you want it equipped and I'll use Volkswagen's lease program to work up a payment on it for you.

You can find that pricing data here: New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bankboy66. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SEL Premium V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

VW is providing a $2,250 cash incentive on leases of the '13 Passat V6 for everyone plus another $500 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Melech. Cash incentives should be taken into account when negotiating with dealers. If I was in the market for a Passat right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over the dealer invoice price that is listed here minus any available cash incentives. Just be specific about the structure of your offer and the dealer will know whether they can do it (they should be able to in an area that has any competition).

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.