Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi koebot. VW Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat Sedan V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $2,250 cash incentive on leases of this car for all consumers plus another $500 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go justwatching. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00016 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of this model for all consumers plus another $500 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • justwatchingjustwatching Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car_Man -

Apologies for asking again, unfortunately I am going to miss the April deals by a few days. If you happen to stop by in the early days of May can you post the money factor for the Passat SE and SEL for 12,000 miles and 36 months.

Thank you.
  • koebotkoebot Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman,

Can you please post the May top tier lease MF and RV for a 15k mile, 36 month lease of a Passat V6 SEL Premium?

Thank You
    Don't worry about it, justwatching. I'm always happy to help.

Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00007 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 4-cylinder SEL are the same.

There's a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of both of these cars plus Volkswagen is waiving the first month's payment on them as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Sure koebot. VW Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SEL Premium 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are .00007 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $2,000 cash incentive and the waiver of your first month's payment into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • thebellythebelly Member Posts: 10
    Car_Man, do you happen to know whether VW offers a 36 month lease with 9,000 miles per year on a 2013 2.5L SE? And if so, what would be the mf and residual?

Another dumb question, how does the lease cash incentive work? Does it have any affect on calculating the residual value? Or is it simply used to lower the selling price of the car?

Thanks,
  • saucemangsaucemang Member Posts: 24
    Passat s Appearance package msrp 23xxx (no options)... 10k a year / 180.00 total out of pocket / monthly payment 249.00 total including tax tags etc.... could i get this lower, also my wife owns a vw, would i qualify for the loyalty discount??? how is this deal overall?

thanks
    Hi thebelly. Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SE with 10,000 miles per year are .00007 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. I've never seen a lease with 9,000 miles per year.

Cash incentives on leases have no impact upon vehicles' residual values, which are calculated based upon a straight percentage of MSRP, they just lower the negotiated price.

Car_man
    Host
  • bossman141bossman141 Member Posts: 56
    I know we are not supposed to lease based on payment but, here's the deal I got today on Long Island.

Passat SE w/Sunroof - $255 a month 36/12k $1800 due at signing.

$1800 covers Tax and Bank fee.
  • al2400al2400 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, would you be able to tell me the dealer on Long Island you went to?
    Platinum VW in Hicksville. Awesome experience. PM me if you would like the salesman's name.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,429
    I also helped a friend lease a Tiguan from Platinum. If you do your research, they will give you a fantastic price. Their sales guys are friendly & knowledgeable.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• irg2irg2 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    I see VW is advertising the Passat with the Appearance Package (automatic, alloys) for $249/month, nothing down, 1st month lease waived, no security deposit. 39 month lease, which is ok, as long as I get a full 3 month warranty to fill the gap.

I have a local dealer who has an advertised price to buy it for $19799 which seems good. The VW lease doesn't include taxes and in NYS, that's 8% which then raises the lease to $268, not bad but I'd rather not be much over $250 - splitting hairs perhaps.

What are the chances this lease will be here in June, when my Camry lease is over? I was hoping I would have some equity in the Camry to apply to the lease, it is a 2011 LE 4 cyl auto w/alloys with only 25k miles on it, really mint condition in and out. But most dealers tell me there's no equity or they might take a loss (payoff to Toyota is $14,269).

So I guess the questions is the Passat lease a good one, can it get better, and how can I negotiate any equity on my lease? Also, my dealer has a lot of the Passat's with the SE package, at $20,999 - they might lease for close to the S model perhaps. Sorry if I'm rambling...
    Man this place is dead. Another question - how is Volkswagen Financial as a company overall?
    See my post above.

Leased a 2013 SE w/sunroof for $255 a month. Put down Taxes and a couple fees. Total OOP ended up being $1650

Had a great experience.

VW Financial did my lease. Was in and out of the dealer in 30 minutes.
    Thanks Bossman! Seems like you got a pretty good deal. I test drove the Passat S w/appearance package today, and a Honda Accord LX. I gotta admit while I liked both, the Accord seems like the superior vehicle. Better gas mileage and it feels faster/the CVT is just quicker to respond. BUT, I did like both vehicles, it sort of depends how the two will lease out. I think the Passat will be cheaper, plus free maintenance for 3 years/roadside assistance and that is a bit of a plus. Was your lease for 36 months? I'd rather have the SE and maybe I'll see if I can get that for close to the Accord LX which is $278/month with nothing down, all taxes/fees included. Cheers.
    Just got a call from the VW dealer. Passat w/Appearance package for $240/month, 36 months, 12k/year taxes included as well, zero $ down. They might pick up my last month payment on my Camry too. Seems like a hard deal to pass up. I like the Accord more, but close to $40/month is something ($1440 technically) plus zero $ on maintenance is nice too. I just need to pick the color I guess.
    I had 3 Accords in the past and just didn't want another. My Acura got rear ended and I was given the Passat as a rental. We really liked it. It is immense, particularly in the backseat. We have 2 small kids and thought it was perfect.

I looked at the Altima, the Fusion, and the Mazda6. Just kept going back to the Passat. The car is loaded with features that the others were somewhat lacking in the mid level trims.

The free maintainence did factor in but, in all honesty, we're talking about 3 oil changes and tire rotations. The intervals are long.

Also loved the handling and the feel of the car.

The "sign then drive" program is for 39 months. VW makes the first payment so in essence, it's 38. My lease is 12k miles a year. I asked for 15k and the salesman told me not to do 15k because it will kill the residual. He then said at the 19th month, I will be offered by VW to buy extra miles if I need them and it will be added to the lease payment. Totally optional. Did not hear this at the other VW dealer I visited. Hope it's true lol.

Accord is a really nice car, especially the Sport.

On the SE Passat, you get the 17" wheels and nicer rims.

FYI - I would normally roll everything into my payment as you seem to be doing but, I ended up +$1800 when they totaled my Acura. To me it was found money and I just wanted to finish the deal as I needed a car by last weekend. Salesman was great too.
    Yeah if my budget wasn't so tight, I'd go for the SE model or even the 3.6 SEL. But truth is, I live in a small college town with too much traffic as it is, and my top speed (legal anyways) limit anywhere around is about 45 mph. I have 25k miles on my Camry after 3 years, and I even used my car for quite a few business trips, otherwise I'd probably have barely 15k on it, my commute is a whopping 5 miles one way.

The free maintenance is nice, but you're right, in the end it isn't much. Except on my Honda Odyssey (also lease), I had the service at 15k which I wasn't paying attention to, thinking it was another oil change maybe tire rotation, instead it cost me almost $500, none of it covered. I have spent $0 on my Camry, all maintenance was covered for 2 years, and then they just covered the last minor maintenance for free. I'm guessing the 30k miles service on a Toyota might cost more. Guess we won't have to worry about it with the Passat at all, which is nice. Does that also include a service like AAA? Nice for peace of mind, especially on longer trips.
    Roadside is included.

Just felt that I got the most car for he money with the Passat.

But, remember I ne ver looked at the new Accord.

Hope I was able to help.
  • billy290billy290 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man, I looked through the forum and did not see, although it may be there, good answers to the questions I have. I am about to lease the Passat SE w/Sunroof and have both the residual value and money factor for a 3 yr, 30K mile lease. But what I need to know is exactly what price I should be asking for from the dealer. I have used the TMV tool and can see what is a good price for central Indiana, but I am unsure what this includes. My question is this; Does the TMV include the current $2000 incentive from Volkswagen? If not, how close to the TMV should I expect to get? I want to get the best price I can because we have about $4500 in equity in our trade and getting a good price will help drop the payment as low as possible. Thanks! Billy290
    Hi billy290. The Passat is a very high volume vehicle. If I was in the market for one in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the available $2,000 cash incentive for leases of this car. VW is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this vehicle right now as well.

You mentioned that you have $4,500 in equity in your trade. That's excellent and there's nothing wrong with trading your vehicle in when you lease a new one, however...it would be in your best interest to have the dealer cut you a check for that equity rather than using it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible on leases. Consumers who make large down payments risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, it's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • pblx3pblx3 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman,
    We are debating between the TDi and the V6 Passat. Would you be able to provide the May money factor and residual for the SEL Premium for each type? We are looking for 36 months 12,000 miles per year, although I know that VW sometimes offers a 39 month option instead and that would be fine too, if it is better. Also, are there other incentives for each car, as well? Thanks so much!

Patti
  • go2uclago2ucla Member Posts: 34
    Hi Carman,

Would you mind posting the 2013 Passat TDI SEL residuals and money factors for a 24 month and 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year? I am leaning toward the 24 month lease but I might consider a 36.

Also, do you know if I choose not to pursue the 39 month special VW lease with 0 down, is VW waiving the security deposit and the bank acquisition fee? I don't know how much these are, but it would be good to know. Or do I need to negotiate those with the dealership?

Thank you.
  • yesdog99yesdog99 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

Can you post the June money factor and residual for a 2013 Passat SE lease?
    I only have payment info on what I was offered today. I am trading in 5 months early, out of a Jetta lease. The Jetta has 50600 miles (5600 over lease) on it. So to get out of the Jetta and into a Passat SE with 18,000 miles a year for 39 months, the payment would be 398 per month, no money down.
    Anyone know if that sounds reasonable?
    Hi Patti. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Passat SEL with 12,000 miles per year are .00007 and 50% for consumers who qualify for it top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 Passat TDI are .00143 and 55%.

39-months is the way to go because that is one of the terms that Volkswagen is waiving the first month's payment for.

There's a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the SEL but nothing on the TDI model.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly go2ucla. Volkswagen Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Passat TDI with 12,000 miles per year are .00143 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00143 and 55%.

I posted the 39-month numbers because that is one of the terms that the current first payment waiver offer is available for.

Volkswagen is currently waiving its security deposit requirement on leases, however it is not waiving VW Credit's $625 acquisition fee. They are just rolling it into vehicle's capitalized costs to make it part of the payment rather than collecting it in cash at signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi yesdog99. Volkswagen Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Passat SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00007 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I think that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that VW Credit publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • gambrillgambrill Member Posts: 10
    Could you please post V6 SE and V6 SEL Lease numbers with incentives for June Sign Then Drive promotion?

Thanks in advance.
  • gambrillgambrill Member Posts: 10
    I forgot to add, 12k miles per year.
  • sgangwanisgangwani Member Posts: 2
    Hi carman and other members

I got the following lease offer for passat SE with nav and sunroof.
    320 per month with for 15k miles per yr for 39 months.the dealer in ct are not coming down any more. Is this a good deal.
    Residual 48% and final price offered = 24,328.

I have to return my accord this week and therefore I have to finalize the deal soon. Will appreciate your quick response..

Thank you
  • lavjrlavjr Member Posts: 18
    Hi guys I receive the following offer is it a good deal please?

Sales: $27,420
    Residual: 55%
    Money Factor .00173
    Inceptions $1,495
    Payment $377 plus tax
    39 months
    12,000 miles per year
    MSRP 29,680

He had quote me $24608 if I buy instead of leasing.

Thank you,

Luiz
    Sure gambrill. Through July 8th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Passat V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00061 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • phaltrazphaltraz Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_man,

Would you please post the most recent Money Factor and Residual on a Passat TDI SEL Premium with 15k miles and 36 or 39 month lease?

Thanks!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking for new car lessees. If you leased a new car in the past few months, and would like to share your story, please email your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com.
  • u2maureenu2maureen Member Posts: 2
    Dear CarMan,

I am trying to decide whether to purchase or lease the 2013 VW Passat SE. I usually hold onto my cars for 7-10 years but my fiscal situation is a bit different & cash flow might be an issue in the future so a lease might be more attractive. However, with 0% interest on the 2013 models it seems like a better deal to buy.

However, my quandary is that I would like to wait till the new 4 cylinder engine is rolled out to the 2014 Passat SE but I don't think my current car will make it. I would buy that car (2014 SE with new engine and hopefully they will add remote start to that trim level too) outright and keep it for at least 7 years. Since I can't wait I was wondering if leasing the 2013 for 3 years would be a better move. I am nervous about the resale value of the 2013 dropping dramatically based on VW's plans to switch engines on most trim levels beginning in 2014 and thought that maybe leasing was better for that reason. What are your thoughts?

I would like to purchase or lease by the end of July 2013, preferably this weekend. I live in the Boston, MA area. Could you please advise what the money factor and RV would be for a 36 month and a 48 month lease? Until I read your online posts I knew nothing about leasing and I really don't know much and am nervous of making a huge fiscal mistake. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Sorry to be so naive about the process.

Thank you for your time and consideration......and patience!
  • tslatsla Member Posts: 11
    hi u2

I'm kind of in the same position as you, also the 2014s won't be available until mid to late Sept I'm hearing as well, tho I believe the 2013s came out in August. :(
  • nataliacavaninataliacavani Member Posts: 6
    Ok so a local dealer here in so cal offered me a lease on a 2013 SE auto, nav/sunroof 36mo, 12k a year, $500 down, $299.00 month calif taxes included,

Ideas suggestions......good bad ugly???

Anyone have August 2013 MF and residual, also any other incentives or anything available on this model for so cal.

Thanks
    hey all, anyone have the numbers of the 2014 Passat SE for September, or any experiences for the month? will be heading into the dealership this weekend to start negotiating
  • nataliacavaninataliacavani Member Posts: 6
    im interested as well!
  • matchbox1matchbox1 Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know the residual and money factor for a 2013 VW Passat V6 SEL Premium for this month, September 2013?

It seems like last month VW had a great incentive on this car $3,250 cap reduction, plus a $500 Labor Day bonus cash for dealers. I missed that last week, but can't find the new numbers for September. Do they usually provide incentives only at the end of the month because all the incentive columns here on Edmunds are blank right now?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    The 2014 Passat 2.5L SE has a residual of 51% for 36mo, 15K mi/yr..

MF = .00030

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

.00027 and 48%.. Looks like the $3250 lease cash is still there..

36 month, 15K mi/yr..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• matchbox1matchbox1 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the information. I'm glad the lease cash is still there. I was looking at a 36 month, 12K mi/yr lease so the residual is 50% I think. When Edmunds lists a TMV price, are incentives built into that? For example the VW Passat V6 SEL Premium is listed as 31,200. Does that include the 3250 lease incentive or the 2000 purchase incentive?
  • erawpderawpd Member Posts: 12
    Can somebody help me with Sept. Residual & Money Factor.

2013 Passat SE Auto w/Moon Roof.

36 mo. 10K mi/yr.

Thanks!
    The TMV is a selling price, that usually includes dealer incentives, but not direct-to-consumer rebates...

So, in this example, likely includes the $2000 dealer cash for buyers....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

"2013 Passat SE Auto w/Moon Roof.

36 mo. 10K mi/yr."

2.5L model?

.00032 MF and 51% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jojo821jojo821 Member Posts: 3
    I received a price quote of $1500 down $299 a month. They seemed flexible though. Did you go price yet?
    not yet, but that seems a little high judging historical pricing (i just created a spreadsheet compiling price listings for sept for new models the last couple of years) ..but things could have changed ..will post when ever i get my first pricing ..will be aiming for a end of month close
This discussion has been closed.