Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Lease Questions

Comments

• bronsonbbronsonb Member Posts: 170
    Hi Fish8:

I'm turning the Passat into Jim Ellis VW on Highway 41 (Cobb Parkway) in Marietta, GA. VW actually gave me the option of returning it there or at Gosset in Alpharetta. Although we've moved to East Cobb, and Alpharetta is no longer that far away, I know where Jim Ellis is, so I picked that one as I am more familiar with it.

I'll let you know if any shenanigans occur during the actual drop off. Thanks!
  • fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    I bought both of my VW's at JE on Cobb Parkway. East Cobb? I grew up in EC and went to High School there. Small world huh?
  • barnabarna Member Posts: 3
    Dear Car_Man,

Do you already know the money factor for the Passat 2007? What about the money factor for Passat 2006 in October? Is it better than 0.0099 already and 51% residual?
  • ihoneyihoney Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man

I'm new to the world of leasing and I'm interested in a 2006 Passat 2.0T with Automatic Transmission - Pkg #1, Navigation, upgraded wheels, and tiptronic (required with Nav). Still debating about the 36 or 42 month lease. I'm visiting the VW dealer on Saturday.

I found this lease deal on the VW website. What does it mean when they say "Requires dealer contribution of $1,088.66, which could affect final negotiated transaction".

2006 Passat 2.0T Value Edition with Automatic Transmission
    42-month lease

$2,354 due at signing
    (excluding taxes, title, options, and dealer charges)

Or, see your local VW dealer for one of the many other great lease deals available on Passat sedans.

**US cars only. $279 first month's payment, $1,500 down payment and $575 acquisition fee due at lease inception. Monthly payments total $11,718. Based on MSRP of $24,655 for a 2006 Passat 2.0T Value Edition Sedan with 6-speed automatic transmission, excluding title, taxes, options and dealer charges. Closed-end lease offered to highest qualified customers by Volkswagen Credit through participating dealers. Supplies limited. Offer ends October 31, 2006. Requires dealer contribution of $1,088.66, which could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance. At lease end lessees responsible for $0.15/mile over 42,000 miles and for damage and excessive wear. Additional charges may apply at lease end. Purchase option at lease end for $12,327.50. Dealer sets actual prices. See your Volkswagen dealer for details.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, Elyse. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Passat 2.0T Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00238 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2006 Passat 2.0T Sedan (not the Value Edition) are .00099 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome ihoney. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable. The statement that you posted, "Requires dealer contribution of $1,088.66, which could affect final negotiated transaction," means that you have to be given a discount of $1,088.66 on this car in order to arrive at its advertised lease paymnet. This car actually has a spread of around $1,800 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. This late in the model year, you probably can negotiate a larger discount than the one that was used to arrive at this advertised payment. The larger the discount you negotiate is, the lower this car's payment will be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • xriderbcxriderbc Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car_man- new to this forum. I am looking to lease an 06' Passat , and see from an above post that a money factor of .00099 is available. The question I have is concerning negotiating the best price (of course). Assuming about $1800 from MSRP to invoice, at this point in the year can I also try to negotiate some of the holdback (I read somewhere this is about 3%- is that 3% off of invoice, not MSRP, correct?) which would mean another $700 or so, so an agressive discount would be $2300- $2500 roughly? Does incentive money (which last month was $2500 on a 2.0T, $3500 on a 3.6 V6, and I assume is present this month as well) apply on a lease the same as a financed purchase? I have seen people on other forums say they got as much as $7700 off MSRP on a 3.6, so am I assuming correctly that is below invoice + the $3500 factory incentive off? I want to lease a 2.0T, $2000+ off of MSRP to invoice, and can I push for the $2500 incentive as well on a lease, or am I nuts here? Thanks for your help!
  • sammya_mdsammya_md Member Posts: 69
    i'm not sure exactly about your question, but I just bought a 2007 2.0T passat (manual) transmission for around 750 under invoice (estimating since I worked on an OTD price, i am taking taxes and fees out rougly)...so just saying there are good deals out there to be had even on the 2007 models

good luck
  • tribalvinyltribalvinyl Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what is the current rate (MF: November) offered by VW Credit on a 2007 Passat (2.0T) and 2007 Jetta (GLI) not the value edition? Also what are the residial values if I would lease the car for 36 months (12,000 miles). I would appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks
  • chicago3chicago3 Member Posts: 13
    I am 12 months into a 36 month lease on a Passat. I recently visted a dealer looking for another car for my wife, and saw another Passat that I liked. Mine is a 2.0 with #2 package, this one was a fully loaded V6.

Is it possible to trade-up to th enew one in the middle of the lease, or would it be a bad idea financially.

The new one is only about $2K more than I originally paid for mine.

Any advice/tips before I speak with dealer?
    Welcome xriderbc. My guess is that you will be able to negotiate a selling price on a leftover 2006 Passat lease that is fairly close to dealer invoice (slightly above or slightly below). If you were to purchase this car, you would be able to get it for well below dealer invoice by taking advantage of the dealer cash that is currently available on it. Specifically, VW is providing $2,500 on '06 Passat 2.0T and $3,500 on Passat 3.6 models. This dealer cash is not compatible with its special lease program though. Make sure to stop by the following discussion for more information on how much you should pay for this car right now: "Volkswagen Passat: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, tribalvinyl. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Passat 2.0T Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00222 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Jetta GLI are .00178 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi chicago3. I am sorry to say that it is not possible to switch your current leased Passat for a different model. The only way to do this would be to get out of your current lease early, which will likely be very expensive to do. You will have to wait until you are much closer to the scheduled end of your current lease to get a new vehicle, unless you want to waste a lot of money. Sorry that I don't have better news for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mamey1mamey1 Member Posts: 3
    I am considering a lease offer. Please tell me if this is a fair deal:

2.0T Passat Wagon w/Sport Package
    MSRP 32,605
    Sell 30,740
    $354-39months
    w/$3,500 down. 12k miles per yr
    Any information will be appreciated.
    Thank you
  • cali_or_texascali_or_texas Member Posts: 1
    I am a member of USAA and they have suggested I use them to negotiate a better lease price for a new 2007 passat 2.0T with package 3; 36 months 15,000 miles. Has anyone used USAA to make the lease deal for you, and if so, what is your feedback?
  • motorin75motorin75 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Forum -

I receive invoice pricing on VWs through my work. I'd like to lease a 2007 Passat 2.0T w/ option1. Dealer tells me invoice is 25K and change.

Quoted me $380 per month. Zero down. I pay all fees and taxes (a lot in Chicago!).

Now, we have the dreaded 'use tax' in Chicago which is 6.5% so I was advised some type of balloon lease to avoid this.

OK--but dealer deals me VW financing is 6.19% (?!)

Based on other postings $380 per month on this vehicle for a strong partner of VW/Audi seems way too high.

Thoughts? Should I go for a 2006? I don't care much about model year.

Thanks in advance -- lots of super data points on this forum.
    Hello mamey1. The selling price that you were quoted for this Passat looks reasonable to me. It's probably around $700 to $800 over dealer invoice or so. Still, it never hurts to drop by the "Prices Paid" discussion for the model that you are interested in to see how much other community members have paid for it lately: "Volkswagen Passat: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

The problem that I have with this deal is the large down payment that you are making. It is in the best interest of consumers who lease not to make any sort of down payment. People who make large down payments on leases risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Let's work up a zero down lease payment on this vehicle and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T Wagon with an MSRP of $32,605 and a selling price of $30,740 through VW Credit right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $390. Shoot for that sort of payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi motorin75. While I do not personally keep tabs on manufacturers' balloon note programs, the interest rate that you were quoted for one on a 2007 Passat does sound a little high. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Passat 2.0T Sedan is .00222. This is equivalent to an interest rate of around 5.33%. While it does not necessarily have to be, I would think that the interest rate for a balloon note would be closer to that. As I said I can't work up a balloon note on this car for you, but if you provide me with its exact MSRP and selling price I can estimate what its current lease payment should be like for you.

If I was in the market for a Passat right now and didn't care what model year I got, I personally would strongly consider financing a 2006 model through Volkswagen Credit. VW is currently offering 0% financing for up to 5 years on '06 Passats. This is a very aggressive offer for them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • needleaseinfneedleaseinf Member Posts: 2
    I am considering a lease offer. Please tell me if this is a fair deal:

2007 Passat Wagon - Base model
    MSRP 25,855
    Sell 24,233
    Money Factor: 0.00126
    Residual Value: 56%
    Sales Tax - 7% (NJ)
    $249 - 39 months
    w/$4,000 down. 10k miles per yr

Any information will be appreciated.

Thank you.
  • jgonshjgonsh Member Posts: 1
    I am considering a lease offer. Please tell me if the deal is fair:

2007 Passat Sedan - Base Model w/ automatic transmission
    MSRP - $24,665
    Sales Price - Dealer indicating $200 above invoice
    Down Payment - $1,000
    Monthly Payment - $380
    15k Miles per year

I do not know the residual value, however, dealer indicated quote is based on top tier credit. I would appreciate any help that you can offer.
  • needleaseinfneedleaseinf Member Posts: 2
    What is the current buy rate lease money factor and residual value % offered by VW Credit, for a 2007 Passat Wagon, Base model? The dealer is quoting a Money Factor of: .00126 and Resdidual value of: 56%. I am looking in Northern NJ.
  • arbocarboc Member Posts: 6
    I got a quote for A 2k7 Passat 3.6L 4motion Wagon
    Included
    Luxury Package #1
    DVD Navigation
    Bi-Xenon
    Purchase : $35663
    Residual : 51%
    Money Factor : .00181
    No money down
    36 Months, 15k/year
    $543.74 w/tax

I'm worried that the Residual and Money Factor are high, but other people are quoting for lower models, not for the more expensive model which would depreciate more. I guess.
  • psst_guypsst_guy Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

My 6 month old leased Passat was involved in an accident and is being repaired at an authorized shop with OEM parts.

Will I be liable to pay a penalty at the end of the lease since the car's title will likely say it was involved in an accident?

Any suggestions?
  • fedaaliciouzfedaaliciouz Member Posts: 1
    im new @ this thing im jus nervous as hell that my lease is up feb 15th 2007!!! they sent me a letter in the mail saying they want me to trade it in etc. i want to release a new passat but i have no money for a down payment?! how does this work after my lease is up but they want me to trade it in for another car? i have a 04 passat sedan almost 30000 miles and its fully loaded and i pay 330$ a month! anyone have any info????? i have to go by the end of this month
  • curtiicurtii Member Posts: 1
    Hello. Could you please evaluate the following lease offer emailed to me from a local dealer in Pasadena? I live in Los Angeles. I think it might be a little high.

2007 Passat 2.0 with Package 1 and splashguards
    MSRP: $27,680
    INTERNET PRICE: $25,551 ($300 below invoice according to the dealer)
    TERM: 39 months
    MILES: 12k/year
    RESIDUAL: $15,180
    No downpayment or cap reduction. Total cost out of pocket is $1,213 for tax, title, destination fee.
    MONTHLY PAYMENT: $343 ($371 including tax)

Thanks so much for your help.
  • extremeaudiextremeaudi Member Posts: 13
    Hi there! I am getting back in the market for a new vehicle & have been eyeing the new Passat's. I missed out @ the great financing deals on the '06 - as not a single dealer in my 200 mile radius has one on the lot. So, I am forced to have a go @ the '07. Was wondering how these cars lease out.
    From reading some posts, there seems to be some great lease deals out there. I recently went to one of my local dealers, looked at a few & tested a 2.0T that was very well equipped (Pack 2 Sport, DVD Navi w/glove box mounted six disc changer & Dynaudio). I was very impressed w/the car! It stickered out @ approx $34k. Dealer says they can sell for approx $31k. I asked for the residual value & was told it is @ 53% (39 mo lease term / 15k miles). I am not sure if that is good, bad or average. Salesman did not know the current money factor. I have seen some great money factors in some posts & hope that VW Credit still offers a good factor.
    Are there any additional incentives/rebates available to lower the selling price (sp)/cap cost? I would like to make a down payment of $0.00 as I do not see the sense of placing a downpayment on something that I am more than likely going to turn in @ the end of the lease. Odds are that I would never recoup that money.
    So my questions are...
    1. Is the 53% residual value for a lease of 39 mos - 15k/yr good, bad or average? Can that % be negotiated higher?
    2. What is the current money factor through VW Credit?
    3. Is the sp/cap cost for the Passat (equipped as listed above) good, bad or average? I think I know the answer to that one - I feel that it can be a lot better!
    4. Are there any additional incentives/rebates available that will help reduce the sp/cap cost?
    5. After all is said & done, where should I expect the monthly payment to fall for a Passat equipped like this one?
    Thanks in advance for the info & guidance.
    Hi needleaseinf. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Passat Wagon 2.0T Base model with 10,000 miles per year are .00175 and 56%, respectively.

I see that you are considering making a $4,000 down payment on your lease. I personally always advise consumers against making down payments on leased vehicles. Consumers who do risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Now let's take a look at this vehicle's selling price. A base 2007 Passat Wagon 2.0T has a spread of around $2,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $1,622 on the specific model that you are interested in. This looks like a pretty good price to me. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Volkswagen Passat: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jgonsh. $200 over dealer invoice is a very good price for this car, but you definitely should find out exactly what price you are being charged for this car so that you can double check that is really the price that you are being given. Plus, if you find out this number I can use it to estimate what your monthly payment should be. For now I can tell you that Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Passat Sedan 2.0T Base model with 15,000 miles per year are .00172 and 53%, respectively. Make sure that this is the money factor that is being used to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi needleaseinf. Here's the information that you're looking for. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Passat Wagon 2.0T Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello arboc. Let's take a look at this model's current lease program. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Passat 3.6L Wagon with 4Motion and 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 48%, respectively. As you can see, the money factor that you were quoted does look slightly high. I would be happy to give you my opinion on this vehicle's selling price if you let me know what its MSRP is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I'm sorry to hear about your accident, psst_guy. As long as your leased Passat is repaired properly, you will not be hit with an excess wear and tear penalty at the end of your lease because of your accident. In fact, this is one of the great things about leasing. Now Volkswagen Credit, or whichever bank you are leasing through will have to take the diminished value hit that this vehicle will have as a result of your accident instead of you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi fedaaliciouz. If you do not want to keep your current leased car, you can just turn it in to any Volkswagen dealer and negotiate a separate deal on a new one. The nice thing about leasing is that consumers don't need to make down payments on leases. You can, and actually should, lease any vehicle that you are interested in without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. All you will have to pay at lease signing is your car's first month's payment, VW Credit's $575 acquisition fee, a security deposit that is equivalent to your car's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, and any required taxes or fees. You can even roll the acquisition fee into your vehicle's capitalized cost rather than paying it at signing. Also, VW Credit will waive your car's security deposit in exchange for a increase of .00015 in the money factor that is used to calculate your car's monthly payment. So one really does not need to pay much at signing to lease a new vehicle.

I would be happy to give you an idea of how much the new Passat that you are interested in will cost to lease if you tell me exactly what model you want, what its full MSRP is, what its approximate selling price is, how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi curtii. $300 below dealer invoice is a very good price for a 2007 Passat. Using the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $27,680 and a selling price of $25,551, and VW Credit's current lease program, I estimate that this car's 39 month, 12,000 mile per year zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $335. The payment that you were quoted looks, slightly high. If you are paying a security deposit at lease signing and qualify for VW Credit's best lease program, this vehicle's money factor should currently be .00172 for this term. Make sure that this is the factor that the dealer you are working with is using to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi extremeaudi. Volkswagen is not currently providing any cash incentives on the 2007 Passat. If you were to lease a 2007 Passat 2.0T Sedan through VW Credit right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00172 and 53%, respectively. This residual value is set by VW Credit and individual dealers do not have the authority to change it. Banks are often allowed to "mark-up" vehicles' money factors though to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals. That is why it is important to make sure that the aforementioned buy rate is being used to calculate your car's monthly payment. As far as this car's price goes, a base 2007 Passat 2.0T Sedan has a spread of around $2,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $3,000. This is probably very close to invoice once all of the options that you are getting are taken into account. Getting an '07 Passat for around invoice is a very good deal. Using the aforementioned lease program, an MSRP of $34,000, and a selling price of $31,000, I estimate that your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $418.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • extremeaudiextremeaudi Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car_man. Thanks for the feedback. I have received a quote from the dealer...

Vehicle #1
    '07 Passat 2.0T Sport Pack 2 w/Dynaudio & Nav (brand new)
    - Lease x 39 mos 15k mi/yr
    - Price $468/mo
    - $0 down

Vehicle #2
    '07 Passat 2.0T Sport Pack 2 w/Nav
    (This car was a demo - one of the managers put approx 3200 miles on it. They tell me that since THEY have to pay for the miles that the car already has, MY payment would increase by $21/mo. This makes absolutely no sense to me. It appears that they are rolling that into the payment so I pay for the miles.)
    - Lease x 39 mos 15k mi/yr
    - Price $489/mo
    - $0 down

These quotes do not include tax so final payment will be $500. plus. I was thinking that I was going to have a payment closer to the one that you had posted ($418). I asked for the selling/lease price, residual % & money/lease factor to be included in the quote, however, it was "conveniently" left out. I got the feeling that the dealer was trying to pull one over & get an extra $50.-$100./mo.
    I have not heard anything more from this dealer & have now moved on to try & work w/another VW dealer. I am hopeful that I can get something worked out soon. Not having done this for several years, I forgot how painful & exhausting :sick: it is to try & purchase a new car!

Thanks again for the info.
    extremeaudi
  • anc1anc1 Member Posts: 2
    Interested in leasing a 2007 Passat:
    2.0T 4cyl
    w/ W32 Package #2 Luxury

Edmunds: MSRP $30,065; TMV: $28,817

I was quoted the following lease payment:
    39 Months
    $2500 down
    375.53/month (includes all fees)
    (.001720 money factor)

I understand the Passat does not have a good residual value. Can someone share their own lease payments. I'm trying to determine what a good lease payment would be.

thanks
  • teressa1teressa1 Member Posts: 3
    2006 VW Passat 2.0T windshield wiper/motor recall
    I turned in my 03 Jetta and leased a 06 Passat and ever since then I have had nothing but problems. First the headliner needed to be removed because the satellite radio antenna was cracked when I purchased the vehicle. I could not see it..I think when they detailed the car it was damaged when it was washed since it's just cheap plastic. Afer that I was hearing some kind of crackling noise in my dashboard and I took it to the dealer and they said they did not hear it. In January there was a big snowstorm in Cleveland and on the highway my wipers would not go fast it was like they were on intermittent. Then they just seized up and stopped completely while I was in heavy traffic on the freeway. They stopped for a couple of seconds. I had to manually use the wipers as the other levels were not working. I took it to the dealer and they fixed it. Then of course after that I get the recall notice for the windhsield/wiper motor cover and brake line. I take it back to the dealer for them to fix the specific recall items. Yesterday there was a blizzard (in Cuyahoga County) and once again the wipers were working at first but when I got close to home (lucky for me) they stopped working again. How many times can something go wrong with a car?

Recall Article http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/08/vw-recalling-recent-passats-in-the-us/

Volkswagen announced today that it is issuing two safety recalls for some 2006 and 2007 model year Passat sedans and some 2007 Passat wagons. According to the automaker's press release, the first recall affects some 2006 Passat sedans that have a wiper motor that could conk out in heavy rain from moisture entering the wiper motor. The second recall involves 2006/07 Passat sedans and some 2007 Passat wagons that could have a power brake vacuum line that fractures and becomes disconnected when it's cold outside. VW says about 62,000 vehicles are affected, all of which were sold in the U.S. and Canada. Owners will get a letter in the mail from VW with instructions on how to find their dealer and get these issues fixed fast.
    Hey extremeaudi. Let me get this straight, the dealer that you are working with wants to charge you more for a demo vehicle that has thousands of miles on it than for a brand new Passat. That's absurd. You definitely should pass on the demo.

In my opinion, $500 a month is way too much money to pay for a Passat. It is a nice car, but there are a lot of even better ones that can be had for $500 per month. Shoot for the payment that I worked up for you earlier. In fact, you should probably be able to beat it given the fact that in February Volkswagen introduced $750 lease cash on Passat Sedan 2.0T models. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your car's lease payment. It might not be a bad idea to comparison shop with a different dealer or two.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi anc1. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with VW Credit's buy rate for the 2007 Passat 2.0T. this is a good sign because it means that the dealer you are working with is being straightforward with you about this aspect of your deal. In your post you mentioned both this car's MSRP and its TMV price. Is this car's selling price the same as its TMV? If so, you should do some more negotiating because you should be able to do better than the TMV price. Not only are savvy consumers who shop around usually able to beat it, but this month Volkswagen introduced $750 lease cash on VW Credit leases of the '07 Passat 2.0T Sedan.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • spottspott Member Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a 2007 Passat.

I am currently deciding between the 2.0T and 3.6 Passat.

Can anyone tell me what the current March 2007 money factor is on both cars (2.0T and 3.6) and what the residual value is? I have gotten conflicting information from a few dealers. One dealer quoted .00047 for the 3.6. For the 2.0T they quoted .00086 and .00111. Do these figures seem correct. I am current Passat customer, does that factor in the mix as well.

Looking at 36 months with 15,000 miles a year. Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Greetings spott. Here's the information that you're looking for. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Passat 2.0T Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00086 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Passat 3.6 Sedan are .00047 and 47%, respectively. Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the Passat 2.0T Sedan through VW Credit. Also, VW is providing a $1,500 owner loyalty cash incentive on all Passats to current owners of Passats and Touaregs. Make sure to take these c ash incentives into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hellison63hellison63 Member Posts: 1
    Would appreciate some feedback on whether this sounds like a decent deal.

2007 passat 3.6 4 motion

15,000 miles/ year
    36 month lease
    MSRP $39,290

down payment $6,000
    monthly payment $459 inc tax.

I wanted to put more money down to keep the payments in the mid $400/month range.

Thanks
  • elipequedoelipequedo Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I would like toi know if I am getting a good deal on a 2007 passat 2.0T lease. I have a deal for 355.00 taxncluded 18000 miles per year 36 month lease. I am trading in a 2001 Passat. They are giving me $7000 for it. With that, I am upside down $2700 on my loan. I am putting down $1500.00. It is the 2007 base Passat. Not the value edition.

What do you think?
  • wvbobwvbob Member Posts: 13
    Hope this helps someone...
    Just leased 2007 Passat Wolfsburg
    MSRP $27995
    Trade 2005 Cobalt upside down by $1500.00
    48 mo lease including all discounts and cash back
    and $1000.00 Dn (includes 1 st paymnet).
    10K miles/yr
    299.86/mo
    Vehicle still has to be PDI, will provide any requested specifics after Monday 4/2/07
  • crokerdcrokerd Member Posts: 5
    This is my first time with VW. I am currently debating between a 07 Wolfsburg Passat 2.0T and a Jetta 2.0T with Package 1. Passat's price is 27,815 with a lease for 48 mos @494.00 including tax. The Jetta's price is 25,595 for a lease of 48 mos for 455.00 including tax. Does this sounds like a good deal? Any comments between this two cars? I have been a BMW driver for the last 10 years and I was impressed by how these two cars drove.

Thanks
  • vdubtxvdubtx Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Are the lease rates posted above in response to "spott" still valid for April? Also are the cash incentives still valid? Looking to trade my lease in early(have 2 months remaining) and get another Passat, Wolfsburg model specifically and the incentives would make it very attractive.

Thanks.
  • vdubtxvdubtx Member Posts: 2
    crokerd, those numbers seem high to me for payments. Are you rolling any amounts into the lease, negative equity etc?

Do a search on google for a lease calculator and plug in amounts that you know along with some of the money factors and residuals that are given a few posts up to see what that gives you.

I am thinking(best guess) for the Passat you should be closer to $400 and the Jetta should be closer to $325. Now, those are very rough estimates and just something I plugged into a spreadsheet without knowing all of the particulars of your deal.
  • crokerdcrokerd Member Posts: 5
    Thanks. I will look into this.
    What the dealer gave me was $1500 VW loyalty and $750 cash incentitive for the Passat. All ad's I've seen indicate $1500 was for existing Passat owners, Dealers says for any VW owner. I also have an 07 Jetta.
    Here are the Details
    '07 Passat Wolfsburg w/ splash guards, rubber mats and trunk guard $27,899 including delivery.
    Gross Cap Cost $28586.72
    Cap reduction $4295.18
    Adjusted Cap $24291.54
    Residual Value $13386.72
    Depreciation $10904.82
    Rent Charge $2803.02
    Total Base Pmt $13707.84
    Term 48 mo
    Base Pay $285.58
    Tax $14.28
    Total Monthly $299.86

Above includes $1000 out of pocket total.
    Shows Net Trade allowance as $2300.00
    Amount paid in Cash: self $1000, VW $1500.00

Trade '05 Cobalt Payoff $12243.00

Dealer... Star Motors Clarksburg, WV
This discussion has been closed.