Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Lease Questions

Comments

• km5377km5377 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know the latest money factor / residual values for Jan 09? The lease special the VW is offering has gone down for Jan.

(sedan, automatic, 12k, 36 mo.)

Thanks in advance.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi km5377. Here is the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Passat Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00082 and 49%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that Volkswagen is currently providing on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Brettb244Brettb244 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if VW will be promoting the Sign and Drive deals in the near future? I believe the last one was in Oct. '08.
  • mapleflmaplefl Member Posts: 10
    Hi, Car Man.

I'm interested in leasing a 2009 Passat Wagon (Komfort). I'd like to know VW Credit's March money factors and residual values for both a 10,000 mile and 12,000 mile 36 month lease.

Thanks!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I have noticed the Passat's are not selling. There are Passats that I test driven last Spring that are still sitting on the lot. Last spring they had amazing deals, but now they are stiff, so people are not looking as much at them. They see the Jetta, and other VW models that perhaps look more appealing. But, I am wondering why VW is choosing to price the Passat so strict within their leasing? I have seen a few on the road, I like the car. The exterior is nice, classy, but the interior is really rather cold and harsh with weird seats. Its too bad. It does look better in the tan interior rather than the black.
  • cynthiacynthia Member Posts: 4
    Lepia,
    I would like to know how you got such a good deal. They want to charge me $448 per month with $2000 down. This is 15,000 annual miles on a 4 year lease.
    Hi Brettb244. Volkswagen isn't running a Sign & Drive promotion on the Passat this month, but it did significantly enhance its lease program on this car late last week. If you're in the market for a Passat, now is an excellent time to get one.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi maplefl. If you haven't pulled the trigger on a new Passat yet, you're in luck. Volkswagen just significantly enhanced its lease program on it. VW Credit's new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Passat Wagon Komfort with 12,000 miles per year are .00039 and 44%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,750 cash incentive that is available on leases of it it in many regions right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • joenewportjoenewport Member Posts: 2
    I was just offered a 2009 Komfort lease in So. California and was unsure it the deal is good?

$1,000 down (includes first month payment, Ca. Registration, and DMV fees)
    36 months with 12K miles per year
    $376.00 per month which includes tax

The MSRP is $29,189
  • joenewportjoenewport Member Posts: 2
    I was just given some new pricing on the lease quote above:

$1,000 down
    36 month lease with 12K miles
    for $360.00 / month which includes tax

Not bad, so I think I'll pull the trigger unless I hear of a better deal.
  • carrerahcarrerah Member Posts: 23
    Hi, I'm currently looking at both the CC (2.0 Lux) and the Passat Komfort and am curious if the sedan m.f/residual on the Passat is close to those you provided on the wagon.

A couple dealers told me the numbers were better on the CC vs the Passat. I've been quoted .00073 and 48-52% residual depending on Sport/Lux and $1k and $3K cash incentive (respectively).

I like the Passat and like that .00039 mf even better!

Any details you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks!
  • zorbs99zorbs99 Member Posts: 6
    Need some advice! I have been looking at the Passat Komfort w/o Nav. I was quoted $375 per month on a 36 month lease with only $1,100 out of pocket! I get a call on March 31 at night that if I came down that moment they would give me the one with nav for $375 per month....one time shot only!! I could not get there was somewhere and could not do it. I figured they were trying to move cars, so I would get the same deal another day. Went to dealer few days later, and they would not give the deal to me. Was told they could no longer do it, now $399 with nav, and $375 w/o nav.
    They would talk to the manager and see if they could do better.. I left a $100 refundable deposit. They called me and said no deal, the numbers were still as qouted. Pissed and going to cancel the deal and waiting to see what I am going to do about a car Is $375 reasonable for the Passat with Nav? How much out of pocket?
  • nhbankernhbanker Member Posts: 21
    The prices seem to be very good on '09 sedans right now. Does anyone know the money factor and residual for a Passat sedan for a 36 month lease and 15,000 miles per year? How about the incentives? Just want to make sure I have all my facts before I negotiate a price. Thanks so much!
    Here is some info I received today in Northern California: Passat Komfort with ipod adapter - MSRP $29557, Inv. $28064 price after $1250 incentive 26814. Seems like a good price though comparably equipped CCs are about the same. The lease numbers are not that great - here's what I have/know:

.00039 mf
    46% res (not sure on this but can double check)
    $1000 drive-off = 1st payment and fees, etc.
    36 month lease with 12k miles
    $435 inc tax (tax rate based on 9.75

This payment seems way too high so as I double check, I can only assume it's the low residual - on an outgoing body style.

I would like to lease a Passat at $350 inc tax or a CC at $375.

I have a quote on a CC with a similar MSRP for $400 month with $750 due at signing.

Hope this helps
    Hi nhbanker. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Passat Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00050 and 44%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • hannabhannab Member Posts: 26
    Would appreciate the april lease rate MF & residual for the Komfort Wagon - 10K/yr, 36 months. Also are there any incentives in the NYC metro area?
    Many thanks
    hannab
  • fractiousfractious Member Posts: 5
    Can someone tell me what the numbers would be for an '09 Passat Komfort? The car would have the optional Ground Effects Kit, Navigation. Dealer would throw on a rear lip spoiler. Window sticker MSRP $32,760.

I'm interested in knowing the residuals, money factor, also a guesstimate on how this could should cost per month w / $3000 down on a 36 or 39 month lease (whatever is better on a cost-basis), 15k miles per year. Dealer said best they could do is $410/mo. Seems like this is high for this car, but I think it does not lease that well because the residual stinks!

Thanks!!!
  • nhbankernhbanker Member Posts: 21
    Can anyone please provide the May residual, money factor, and any sales incentives for a Passat sedan for 36 months and 15K miles?
    Thanks
    Hi hannab. Here's the information that you're looking for. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Passat Wagon with 10,000 miles per year are an attractive .00016 and an unattractive 43%, respectively.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the '09 Passat. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings fractious. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Passat Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00066 and 42%, respectively. Volkswagen is not currently providing support on 39 month leases of this model.

Let's work up an estimated lease payment on this car for you and see what we come up with. First we need to come up with an estimated selling price for this car. The model that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $2,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of this car and subtract $500 for the dealer and we're talking about a cap cost that's $4,000 under the MSRP that you mentioned.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan that has an MSRP of $32,760 and a selling price of $28,760 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $445.

I worked up this lease with no down payment because it is in your best interest not to make one. Consumers who make large capitalized cost reductions on leases risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Just in case you're still interested, $3,000 due at signing is probably equivalent to around a $2,000 cap cost reduction which would lower the above payment to around $388.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, nhbanker. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Passat Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00066 and 42%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • thumb72thumb72 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

Can you provide the MF and RV numbers for a 36 month lease with 12k miles for a 2009 Passat Komfort Wagon? If the numbers are different, can you provide the same info for the sedan?

I imagine that the residual values must be unfortunately low on both of these vehicles since they are near the end of the season. Do you think the RV and lease options would improve when the 2010s reach the lots? If so, do you have any idea when they may arrive.

Thanks for your help.
  • thumb72thumb72 Member Posts: 3
    I picked up a white 2009 Passat Wagon Komfort with the Mat Kit option. I think I got a good deal. Here are the details:

MSRP: $30,589
    Cap Cost Reduction: $1351.64
    First Month and Fees: $1724.81
    Total Down: $ 3076.45

Adjusted Cap Cost: $25,343.36
    Residual Value: $12,541.49 (42%)
    Money Factor: 0.00020

Total Monthly (incl. 8% tax): $363.19/month
    36 month lease with 12k miles

The car is running and looks great...
    Hi thumb72. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Passat Wagon Komfort with 12,000 miles per year are .00020 and 41%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Passat Sedan are .00072 and 43%, respectively.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of these vehicles.

I'm not sure when the 2010 Passat is scheduled to begin arriving at dealers.

Car_man
    Host
  • speedman1speedman1 Member Posts: 18
    I recently recieved a quote from a local VW dealership and was wondering if this is a deal worth considering. Below are the details.
    2010 VW Passat cc Auto MSRP $29,400
    Selling Price $25,925
    Monthly Payment $351.89
    Due at Signing: $1,693.74 includes ($901.15 Tax, $351.89 first payment, $235.20 MV,$205.50 Doc fee + tire tax

Money Factor 0.00134 Residual 54%

Its worth mentioning that orginally I was quoted $394.50 however, I was than told that the lease #'s he used were for a 2009. So he adjusted the lease numbers. Any insight would be great. Thanks!
  • visanicvisanic Member Posts: 45
    Car_Man- I need help to figure out the best deal on a 2010 Passat CC Sport (Manual Transmission).

Thanks!!
  • hjohnhjohn Member Posts: 1
    Can you explain adjusted cap cost vs cap cost reduction. I am looking to lease a Passat, but the dealer gave me the same lease rate montly for car Msrp 29k and 24 k.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Considering lease deals aren't too attractive anywhere -- you are leasing a 30k car for 400 a month assuming you roll in the tax and fees [ which you should]. This is a 36 month lease--right?
  • speedman1speedman1 Member Posts: 18
    Yes, it is a 36 month lease... The $351 payment was without taxes.. I was going to pay the minimal drive off fees upfront.. $1,600 down
    It sounds decent -- not great because leases are not great anymore. I didn't do it my first lease but most would advise you to roll those taxes into the payment. Keep the $ in the bank and walk away almost zero down. You will pay no money for maintenance or repairs and at the end you can decide if you like it enough to buy. Have you run the numbers on putting 2k down on buying instead of leasing? If you register at ride with g dot com you can post your numbers and get his opinion. He was recommending leasing to buy the passat and if you were going to lease, thought the accord was a better choice for leases. They are very different cars so if you like the vw, I wouldn't be too concerned. Reliability has increased dramatically. Just to cover all the bases try a leasing company -- some will do it all by phone --send you a bid -- no charge. They will get the car you want and deliver it to you. don't know if it will save you much -- some use banks instesd of vw so if your credit rating is at the highest levels you might do better.
    I ran the numbers on you lease and came up with $335 per month not $351. Problem there. You can also get a 2010 audi a4 quattro 3yr 36k miles for around 360 zero down then add taxes. Much higher priced german car for just a bit more.Everyone looks and feels a little better in an audi. ;)
  • review1000review1000 Member Posts: 8
    PLEASE TO ALL NEW CAR LEASEEESE!

PLEASE READ THREADS 506 THROUGH 511 UNDER REVIEW1000
    THAT IS WHAT I DID AND IT WORKS AND WORKS WELL I HELPED 11 OTHER PEOPLE AND GETTING BEST DEALS
    OR EMAIL ME REVIEW2009@GMAIL.COM
    Your lease was in march of 2008 for an 08. You also put 2k down. This is 2009 and people are leasing 2010's. It's apples to oranges.
  • jmfosjmfos Member Posts: 6
    I would really like to know where you can get a 2010 audi a4 quattro 3yr 36k miles for around 360 zero down then add taxes.

Audi's website special says:

2010 A4 2.0 quattro Premium
    $449† lease per month for 36 months
    Now through November 2, 2009

Down payment: $999
    Refundable security deposit: $450
    Acquisition fee: $625
    First month's payment: $449
    Amount due at lease inception: $2,523
    Hi visanic. This particular discussion is about the Passat, not the CC (though they are similar). I'll give you some quick advice here and ask that you post any follow-up questions about the CC over in the "Volkswagen Passat CC Lease Questions" discussion. Thanks.

The best way to get a good deal on the CC that you are interested in is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on it, taking advantage of the $1,000 ash incentive that is currently available on leases of this model.

Once you have negotiated a selling price that you're happy with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using this car's buy rate lease money factor. VW Credit's current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC 2.0 Sport is .00152.

Car_man
    Host
  • bobamickbobamick Member Posts: 3
    Car Man- Can you help me? What is the money factor and residual percentage on a 2010 Passat Komfort PZEV. 36 month lease, 12000 miles per year. And do you happen to know what they will be in December 2009.
    I'd be happy to help you out, bobamick. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Passat Komfort with 12,000 miles per year are .00144 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • timmbojtimmboj Member Posts: 123
    Hi Car_Man,

Have the numbers you list above hold true for the wagon version? And have the numbers changed for January 2010?
    Hi timmboj. Here's the latest numbers for the Wagon.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Passat Wagon with 12,000 miles per year are .00027 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_Man !!!
  • cavalierfhcavalierfh Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man

I'm not sure if there would be a difference between financing the WAGON versus the SEDAN... but.. er...

Would you know the current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Passat Sedan with 12,000 miles? 15,000 miles?

Cheers and thanks!
    No problem, timmboj.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cavalierfh. The programs for the Sedan and Wagon are different. Here's the information that you're looking for. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Passat Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 43%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take the $500 cash incentive that is available on leases of it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man, have the Wagon numbers changed for March?
    Hi all - looking at Passats - Sedan and Wagons. The deals right now seem pretty good, and they now come with the DSG trans.

Can someone post current lease rates? I saw February numbers and would like to know if they have improved at all.

Thanks!
    Hi timmboj. VW Credit's March lease program for the 2010 Passat Sedan is exactly the same as it was in February.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello carrerah. Here's the info that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Passat Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00004 and 44%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 Passat Wagon are .00015 and 43%.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the Sedan and $500 on leases of the Wagon.

Car_man
    Host
  • slamshifterslamshifter Member Posts: 42
    Hello Car_Man -- what are April's VW Credit's lease numbers (MF and residual) for a 2010 Passat Sedan; 36 month term: 15K annual miles; $0 down. Any incentives? Thank you sir!
    Hello slamshifter. Here's the info that you're looking for.

Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Passat Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are an incredibly low .00009 and 43%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "A" credit tier.

In April, Volkswagen is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this model through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • nosfera2nosfera2 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Greetings,

I own a 2007 TL (paid out, i own it) and would like to trade that in for a VW Passat 2010 lease. I'm new to this stuff, and I'm wondering if such a thing is possible. Am I able to sell my TL to VW and then just opt for a Passat lease? If I sell the car to VW, how does that work; do they give me a check for the value of the car or do I get in-store credit or something?

Is this a wise thing to do or should I just give it in to Carmax? When trading the car in, should I expect to get blue book dealer trade-in value? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Chris
This discussion has been closed.