Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Touareg Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I certainly do, nc_driver1. Here you go. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Touareg TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00192 and 46%, respectively.

The money factor for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but its residual value would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • 03qx03qx Member Posts: 91
    Car Man,

Can you please post the January Rates.
    Thanks
    I'd be happy to, 03qx.

VW Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Touareg TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • club619club619 Member Posts: 122
    Any updates for Mar/April? 75204 here. Has the residual always been so low on the Touareg?
    Hello club619. VW Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Touareg TDI with 15,000 miles per year are still .00195 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • johnzeejohnzee Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2010
    2010 Touareg lease (VR6).

MSRP $44,750
    Selling price $39,000
    + acquisition fee $575
    Doc Fees, 1st mo, registration, some taxes = $1600
    Cap cost reduction $1401
    $3K cash
    Money Factor 0.00011
    Residual 44% ($19,690)
    36 months lease, 12K miles/yr
    Base monthly payment $519.81 + tax = $555.42

Is this a good one? Thanks.
  • boltsfanboltsfan Member Posts: 29
    Carman,

Can you please provide lease figures for Touareg FSI (Luxury Package) with 15k miles per year for 36 and 48 months.

Thanks!
    Here's the information that you're looking for, boltsfan. Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Touareg with 15,000 miles per year are .00023 and 42%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00155 and 35%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • boltsfanboltsfan Member Posts: 29
    Thank you Car Man!

Should I expect to have the $1250 cash incentive taken off the invoice price of $40720?
  • roadking1roadking1 Member Posts: 10
    CarMan, I am looking at a 2010 TDI Touareg, 36 month lease, 12K per year. What are the current residual and money factors from VW? Thank you.
    You're very welcome, boltsfan. I definitely would make sure that the dealer takes the cash incentive into account when negotiating my deal, though you may have to pay a little more than flat invoice minus the cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, roadking1. VW Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Touareg TDI with 12,000 miles per year are .00198 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • cbuck007cbuck007 Member Posts: 4
    Car Man, I am having trouble understanding the current lease offer. I am looking at Gray metallic with luxury pkg vr6. True car guaranteed price is $37786. What is the money factor and residual for 36 , 39 mos 12K and 15k miles. Reading their lease offer it shows the dealer is contributing $3500 should I be looking for this or additional incentives as well? See below, Thanks Orlando, FL.

>*Based on MSRP of $41,650.00 for a 2010 Touareg VR6 with automatic transmission, excluding title, tax, options and dealer fees. Monthly payments total $17,964.00. Requires dealer contribution of $3,500.00, which could affect final negotiated transaction. Purchase option at lease end for $18,676.00. At lease end lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 36,000 miles and excessive wear and tear. Dealer sets actual prices. Lessee responsible for insurance. Closed-end lease offered on approved credit by Volkswagen Credit through participating dealers. Supplies limited. U.S. cars only. Additional charges may apply at lease end. See your Volkswagen dealer for financing details or for general product information call 1-800-Drive-VW. ©2010 Volkswagen of America, Inc.
    Hi cbuck007. Volkswagen Credit's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Touareg V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00023 and 42%, respectively.

I don't believe that Volkswagen is currently providing support on 39 month leases of this model.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this truck through VW Credit. If I was in the market for a Touareg right now, I personally would shoot for $500 over invoice minus the $1,500 cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
  • sw1024sw1024 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man--could you please tell me what the money factor and residual are for a 2010 Touareg? Looking for the numbers on a luxury package, 12k miles/year, 36 months, in Southern California.

Thanks very much.
    Here you go, sw1024.

Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Touareg with 12,000 miles per year are .00005 and 43%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • knight_owlknight_owl Member Posts: 1
    Hi CarMan,

Can you tell me what the Money Factor and Residual for a 2011 Touareg TDI with the Black Magic paint and Lux limited and technology packages and 15,000 miles a year would be?

Cheers,
    Ted
  • jemejeme Member Posts: 12
    Hi Carman - I need the same information. 2011 Touareg Lux with Hitch.

36 month lease with 12k and 15k - can you please help me with the money factor and residual? Thanks so much - I have an appointment with the dealer on Friday!
    Hi Ted. I'd be happy to help you out. Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Touareg TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00182 and 43%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

I haven't seen anything on the lease program for the 2011 Touareg yet. I'll make some calls and see what I can find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jeme. Please see my previous post.

VW Credit's residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher than its 15k resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • philnycphilnyc Member Posts: 3
    how does this sound
    i just got my first bid on a 2011 touareg TDI Lux msrp 53,335 + tax
    init cap $52955 including NY tax (50,696 + tax)
    includes trailer hitch $430 that i do not want and floor mats kit $185
    tot add cap cost $625 - i think he said lease fee
    36 month
    0 down
    MF .00071
    53% res (51% if 15k)
    $761.23 month
    or for some reason the Exec line is so much more
    init cap cost $56,000 inc tax
    msrp 57,500 + tax
    mf .00119 and 50% res
    $1029.69 month 0 down
  • warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73
    Hi Car Man:

Do you have the residual and money factor rates on the current 2011 Touareg lease program. I am interested in 36 months with 12K miles a year.

Also, I am curious whether the numbers are different for the diesel and hybrid models. Thanks so much!
    Hi philnyc. The money factor that you were quoted is correct. Still, I just can't get over the $760/month payment for a VW Touareg. I know that it's a nice truck, but still that's an absurd payment. There's lots of nice trucks that one could drive for half that.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do, warbern. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Touareg Sport Diesel with 12,000 miles per year are .00068 and 54%, respectively.

I haven't seen any information on the Hybrid version of this truck yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • greg916greg916 Member Posts: 2
    My apologies if this an ignorant question. I have read through the thread with specific attention to the responses regarding lease factors, residuals, etc. but am still in the dark. Here is the dilemma: I am looking at the 2011 Touareg and the 2011 Jeep Cherokee. The quote I have for the Touareg is for the sport trim with a few extras for an MSRP of $46,005. Based on the current sign and drive offer, and a trade-in with $2k of equity, I have been offered a 36 month lease at $625 all in (taxes, licenses, etc.). On a Laredo X Cherokee with an MSRP of $39,500 the offer is actually somewhat more, $650 before taxes, etc. Makes no sense at all. Is it a question of the value of the vehicles at the end of the lease? I am leaning toward the T'reg for the 36 month maintenance, german engineering, etc. but $625/mo is the upper range of what I want to pay. Any help understanding the above would be most appreciated. The dealers are no help and I come away feeling that someone is lying to me I just don't know who. Thanks in advance.
  • mattvillalobosmattvillalobos Member Posts: 2
    Car Man-

Do you have residuals and money factor for a 2011 Touareg TDI Lux:MSRP 53,335 + tax on a 24 Month Lease and 10,000 miles/year?

Thanks
    Hi greg916. The price of a vehicle is only one factor that goes into calculating its lease payment. The other important factors are the interest rate that you are being charged and the rate at which the vehicle is expected to depreciate. Chrysler products have notoriously low resale values. As a result, they are expensive to lease because you are paying for a lot of depreciation over the life of your lease.

Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mattvillalobos. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Touareg TDI Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00068 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • drhurricane36drhurricane36 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for all the great info! I was hoping you could help out with leasing info on a 2011 Touareg VR6 lux. I'm shopping around now and would like to know the expected fair residual value and money factor on a 3yr lease, 15k/yr (and 12k/yr if that changes the value much). Cap price would be 47,500. Just want to make sure and get a fair deal.
    Thanks!
  • greg916greg916 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the response and the links to the articles. Have not pulled the trigger on anything yet but trending away from the Jeep due to the resale issue.

Thanks again
    You're very welcome, drhurricane36.

Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Touareg VR6 Lux with 15,000 miles per year are .00047 and 47%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, greg916. Good luck in your quest for a new ride and let us know if you have any more questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • deal_guydeal_guy Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man. I'm interested in leasing a 2011 Touareg TDI, can you provide me with the leasing rates for Jaunary 2011 on the Touareg TDI for 15k miles a year and 36 month lease? Thanks!
    I'd be happy to help you out deal_guy.

Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 36 month lease of a 2011 Touareg TDI Luxury with 15,000 miles per year are .00174 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • richardjohnrichardjohn Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man,

Can I get the money factor and residual for a 36 month lease

Touareg 2011 TDI Sport
    10k miles
    12k miles
  • richardjohnrichardjohn Member Posts: 4
    thank you.
  • bumpers1bumpers1 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man -

Can you help me out, please. I was wondering what is the Feb money factor and residual for a 2011 Touareg VR6 Lux at 10k and 12k/yr @ 36 and 48 mos? Thanks a ton for your help!
    You sure can, richardjohn. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a Touareg TDI Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00173 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go bumpers1. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Touareg VR6 Lux with 12,000 miles per year are .00031 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00139 and 41%.

If you were to lease this truck with 10,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • bumpers1bumpers1 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man

Thanks forth info, especially the cash incentive!

Bumpers1
  • 03qx03qx Member Posts: 91
    edited February 2011
    Car Man, could you please post the residual and Money factor for a 36 mo 15K lease on a 2011 VW Touareg Hybrid.
    Thanks !!
  • dmjf19dmjf19 Member Posts: 6
    Hi... looking at a lease for 2011 VW Touareg Sport.... can you please provide the residual and Money factor for a 36 mo 12K lease?

Thanks!
  • amcdadamcdad Member Posts: 61
    Car Man,

Would the residual/MF be the same for a TDI Lux, and, does the $2500 credit apply to that model also? Thanks!
    You're very welcome bumpers1.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly can, 03qx. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Touareg Hybrid with 15,000 miles per year are .00182 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "A" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go dmjf19. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Touareg Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00052 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 cash incentive that Volkswagen is currently providing on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey amcdad. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor sand residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Touareg TDI Lux with 15,000 miles per year are .00182 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Unfortunately, Volkswagen is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the Touareg TDI.

Car_man
    Host
  • photogirl1977photogirl1977 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me if the current lease offer of $519/mo. for the 2011 Touareg VR6 applies to the lux version, or is it just the sport? Thanks!!
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi Car_man,
    Can you please provide the April money factors and residual values for a Touareg VR6 Lux under the following lease scenarios?
    - 24 months: 12k and 15k miles per year
    - 36 months: 12k and 15k miles per year

Additionally, excluding the current VW leasing cash incentive, what's a good target for negotiated sales price? i.e., how much under/over invoice?

Cheers!
  • craig1212craig1212 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please confirm April's money factore and residiual for me?
    I was given money factor .0052 and 49% residual for 10k/ miles, 47% for 12k/ miles.

With that said I was quoted a lease price of:
    $599/mo, for 36 months with $2900 down (tax & fees) 10k miles

I'm trying to confirm the april money factors/ residules and also see where the $3,000 cash incentive comes into play. Is the cash incentive built into to these numbers or is there a lot of room to negotiate down?

Thanks so much for your help in this crazy game!

Best,
    Craig
This discussion has been closed.