Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Touareg Lease Questions

Comments

• craig1212craig1212 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you help with April's #'s on both the sport base and the sport lux (36 months, 12k)?
    I love the truck and I'm finding it difficult to get to the bottom of what a fair lease is.

Thanks so much for your help!
  • buffalo62buffalo62 Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car_man,
    New member - can you assist me with rates on the following:
    April 2011 rates for the Touareg Lux and Executive 36 month /15K miles?
    April 2011 rates for the Porsche Cayenne V6 AWd Triptronic 36 month/15K miles?
    thank you in advance - any chance by tomorrow April 19th?
    appreciate your help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings dewarsandsoda. Through May 2nd, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a Touareg VR6 Lux with 15,000 miles per year are .00061 and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00061 and 45%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this truck's residual values would be 2% higher.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $3,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck through VW Credit.

Please feel free to check back with me in a couple of days and I'll gladly provide you with an update on what the new program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Craig. Through May 2nd, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Touareg TDI Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00176 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% lower.

Volkswagen is providing $3,000 or more lease cash on certain Touareg trim levels, unfortunately the TDI is not one of them. There's no cash on leases of the TDI.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome buffalo62. Through May 2nd, Volkswagen Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Touareg Lux V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00061 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Touareg V6 Executive are .00026 and 42%.

The numbers for a similar lease of a Porsche Cayenne AWD w/Tip are .00220 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • terminusterminus Member Posts: 2
    2011 Touareg Lux
    $48,535 MSRP + $820 Destination Charge ($49,355 MSRP Total)

36 Month Lease
    10k Miles
    $5,000 Down Payment

What kind of payment should we be looking at here?

Thanks!
    Hi terminus. Let's crunch some numbers for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Volkswagen Touareg Lux that has an MSRP of $49,355 and a selling price of $44,000 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $640.

I worked up a zero down lease for you because it is in your best interest as a consumer to put as little money down as possible when leasing. If you really want to make a $5,000 capitalized cost reduction, it would lower this truck's payment to around $497.

Car_man
    Host
  • search4carsearch4car Member Posts: 30
    2011 Touareg Sport 36 mo lease 15k miles/year
    What's the money factor and residual? What's the additional cost to add another 3k miles per year?
    Search4car, Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Touareg Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00088 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that VW Credit publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • search4carsearch4car Member Posts: 30
    Thanks Car_Man - Have the numbers changed now that it's June?
  • marine50505marine50505 Member Posts: 2
    Carman, thank you for all your advice on these forums!

What are the current June residuals and money factors on 12K miles/ year on a 24 month Lease of both the V6 Lux AND V6 Exec trims of the Touareg?

Any 27 month or 30 month residual incentives on the above car leases?

Thanks in advance!
    You're welcome search4car. The numbers are exactly the same in June as they were in May.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome marine50505. Thank you for noticing. VW Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Touareg V6 Lux with 12,000 miles per year are .00092 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00092 and 49%.

The numbers for the Exec are .00052 / 50% and .00052 / 46%.

Car_man
    Host
  • christuttlechristuttle Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

New member here, hoping to get a new Touareg soon! Can you assist me with rates on the following:

June 2011 rates for the Touareg Sport and Lux 36 month /12k miles
    June 2011 rates for the Touareg TDI 36 month /12k miles.

Also, any lease cash I should know about for either of these for June?

Thank you so much for your help. This forum is like an oasis in a dessert of numbers!

Chris Tuttle
  • gigisfgigisf Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

Please helppppp....Thank you so much in advance.

I am trying to make sense of the following lease option offered by VW Credit:

http://web.vw.com/templates/Service?serviceName=vwoffers_touareg

2011 Touareg Sport VR6
    $44,270 MSRP + $820 Destination Charge ($45,270 MSRP Total)

36 Month Lease
    10k Miles
    $2,999 due at signing (does this mean downpayment?????)
    requires dealer contribution of $4650 - what does this mean? where can I account for this using the lease calculator?
    purchase option at lease end $21,626,90: is this the residual value????

monthly lease payment is $539/month (excludes title, tax, options, dealer fees)

where I live tax rate is 9.25%

how do they come up with the lease payment of $539/month?
    what is the money factor?
    what is the residual value?
    what is the base cap cost? are they considering MSRP of $45270 as the base cap cost = negotiated price?
    is there an acquisition fee?how much?
    is there a disposition fee? how much?

There's also a leasing cash bonus for $3500. How does that come into affect?

http://www.edmunds.com/volkswagen/touareg/2011/car-incentives.html?style=1013669- 39

I am interested in the
    2011 Touareg Lux
    $48,300 MSRP + $820 Destination Charge ($49,120 MSRP Total)

36 Month Lease
    10k Miles
    $0 Down Payment

what is the residual value and money factor? could you please share with me all the parameters that go into the calculation? What kind of payment should we be looking at here?
    Welcome Chris. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Touareg Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00091 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Touareg Lux are .00094 and 45%.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $4,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gigisf. The amount that's due at signing probably includes your vehicle's first month's payment and possibly VW Credit's $625 acquisition fee. What's left after that is being used as a capitalized cost reduction.

The $4,650 dealer contribution is how much this vehicle is being discounted to arrive at the selling price that was used to calculate the payment in the ad.

The purchase option price at lease-end would indeed be the truck's residual value.

Volkswagen Credit's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Touareg Sport V6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00091 and 47%.

You can plug these numbers, along with whatever MSRP and selling price you want to use, into the formula that is outlined in the following article to come up with a zero down payment: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • lpolelpole Member Posts: 3
    2011 Touareg Lux
    $49,855.00
    36 month lease
    15k miles
    $3,000 Down Payment
    I have been quoted a total payment of $800.73. The funny thing is I have a current lease around $647 on a 2008 Toaureg lease. (46,500) was the purchase price at the time. I was able to acquire this lease on labor day 3 years ago. (sign and drive event)

Can you inform me of the July money factor and residual value? Everytime I go to the dealership I always feel as though I'm getting swindled. I went to two different dealerships and the payments were off by $100. Could you also give me an idea of a 0 down scenario. Please help. Thanks in advance.
  • artuartu Member Posts: 7
    What are the money factor and residual % for leasing 2012 Passat TDI on a 36 mo. 12K mi per year lease? Thks Art
  • craig1212craig1212 Member Posts: 20
    Hi,
    Just my two cents, it seems high. Back in May I was offered the following:
    36 month / 10000 mile lease on a 2011 Touareg Lux with just first month and motor vehilcles up front for $699 / month.

Still debating whether we need a third row which is why i didn't pull the trigger but its a beautiful truck.

fyi, the offer was from a dealer in the Northeast.

Good luck.
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    Hi,

I took a delivery of Touareg Sport on 7/23 with all weather mats and hitch pkg, MSRP $46300:
    36 mo lease, 12K miles/y
    total out of pocket(incl. taxes, fees and 1st month's payment) $3000
    $516/mo + Road Hazard pkg(tire and rim protection) $19 = $535

I was shopping for a replacement of my totaled Audi Q5 and could not refuse such a sweet (IMHO) deal. Please let me know if you need any referral, I do have a very close relationship with my VW dealer, having bought several cars from them.
    Thanks for the information. I ended up getting lux my payment is $739. My previous lease is what messed my deal up. I was well over my negotiated lease terms. (15k miles). I put 4500 down. :(
    Thanks for the info Craig.
  • jakachkajakachka Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car_Man, can you please kindly post lease money factor and residual value for 2011 Touareg Sport and Lux. 36 mo, 12k per year. Thank you
    I'd be happy to help you out, jakachka. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Touareg Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00095 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Touareg Lux are .00096 and 44%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the significant $4,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of these trucks.

Car_man
    Host
  • kubicakubica Member Posts: 70
    My wife and I are looking for a 36 month/10k miles yr. lease on a new (2012) V6 Lux, and were quoted the following:

$995 total out of pocket
    $705/month, including MI 6% sales tax

We're eligible for the VW supplier discount, which is supposedly dealer invoice.

Our salesman told us all of their Toureg's are priced identically (based on trim level), as none are ordered w/ any accessories, so we could have our pick of any V6 Lux in their inventory.

I'd like to run the numbers myself to see if this is a decent deal, but I have no idea what the MF and residual was that was used to calculate the price (September rates).

Can someone please advise on whether this is an honest deal? We'd like to pull the trigger soon, so any help/input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • kells1973kells1973 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    Hi:

Could you please let me know the residual for a 48 month 15 k lease and the money factor for a 2012 Toureg Sport.

Thanks
    Hi kells1973. Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48-month lease of a 2012 Touareg Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 40%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $2,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • kells1973kells1973 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car Man:

Would you consider a price of 42,811 from an original sticker of 46600 a good deal?
  • ewarren423ewarren423 Member Posts: 9
    Hello Carman et. al,
    Looking at a 2011 TDI Lux.
    Appears there is no leasing program or the corresponding 4500 incentive.
    Is there only the $1500 model year end dealer cash on the TDI Lux? Any clue when that may go up?
    Any Leasing or Finance specials on the 2012s?
    thanks!
  • vvorlovvorlo Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    Trying to buy a V6 2012 LUX model. My goal was to roll everything into monthly payment with 0 down. I want 36 months lease with 12K miles/year. The first offer I got at dealership was $876 and my response was "Are you nuts?" They came back with $713/month with $1,251 first payment. I am still not happy as I calculated that my payment should be around $660/months. I have offer from Acura for Acura MDX for $560/months with 0% down. The difference in MSRP is 18%, so how come this people offer me $713?? I like Toureg much better and I am willing to pay $100/month more but not 150 or 200$ more.
  • intellopsintellops Member Posts: 1
    Interested in leasing an Exec model that has an MSRP of $59,695. Dealer is saying the sell price is $56,424. I've asked for 36 months with 12k miles per year and they came back with $1,288 out of pocket and $943/month. I'm told that the money factor is 0.00195 and the residual is 54%. Excess mileage would be $0.25/mile and it costs $350 to walk away from the car -assuming no excess mileage or wear & tear. Can you help me make sense out of this? It seems like this is about $100/month too high based on some other vehicles I'm looking at. Are there any rebates on this model with a lease in the Northeast - NY? Thanks in advance for your help!
    You're welcome kells1973. That's not bad. You're probably at a little over $1,000 over dealer invoice or so. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to beat this deal by a little if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
  • vvorlovvorlo Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    I got a better deal for TDI Lux, but I want a VR6. My offer for TDI Lux was $819/month with $2000 first payment. I am looking to pay below $690/m for gasoline Lux ($2000 first payment). Tax rate for my county is 7.25%. There is $2500 lease incentive for VR6 which is not available for TDI (expires 10/31)
  • ttribecattribeca Member Posts: 12
    Hey Car Man

Can you help me out with some lease figures Please?
    2012 V6 Sport with NAV
    3 yr lease
    15k miles yr.

Is $40k a good price for this vehicle?

Thanks as always for your help!
    edited November 2011
    I'd be happy to help you out ttribeca. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg V6 Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00064 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I was in the market for this truck right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over dealer invoice minus the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • beetlemania2beetlemania2 Member Posts: 3
    Hey Car_Man

Appreciate your help with this one. What would be the lease terms (MF and residual) for a Touareg VR6 Lux (around $50K sticker) for 36 mos, 12K/yr with an option for 10K/yr. Any incentives in FL?

Thanks so much for your help.
    Hey beetlemania2. I'd be glad to help. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg VR6 Lux with 12,000 miles per year are .00065 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $2,500 cash incentive and waiving the first month's payment on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • sasquatch7sasquatch7 Member Posts: 2
    WE JUST LEASED A 2012 V6 / WITH NAV . AND THE $460.00 PROTECTION PACKAGE, STICKER WAS $ 46,231. Volkswagen paid of my 3 remaining lease payments on our 2009 Passat wagon ( $421.00 mo. ) gave me an additional $500.00 customer loyalty discount. 12000 miles per year, sales tax rolled into lease payment and only $216.00 out of pocket, our drive away monthly payment is $609.00 / 36 months.
  • grassypondgrassypond Member Posts: 2
    I need current VW lease rates on 2012 Touareg TDI Lux. Last month could have gotten 0.00093 MF and 53% residual on 12k or 51% residual on 15K miles, and about 4000 off MSRP; what can I get this month??
    Hi grassypond. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg TDI Lux with 15,000 miles per year are .00128 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • gti329gti329 Member Posts: 8
    Hey Car_Man,

First time to consider leasing a VW. Do they lease well? Can you confirm the January mf/residual for the VR6 LUX/Executive with 12k/36month? Any incentives? Any insight for February?

Thanks,
    XOGRADY
  • grassypondgrassypond Member Posts: 2
    I appreciate your response car_man. Decided to purchase the Touareg at 0% financing. Got a very nice discount and the 0%. Overall a better deal.
    Thanks
  • gti329gti329 Member Posts: 8
    Car_Man,

Can you advise February mf/residual for VR6 Lux/Executive models?

Thanks,
    XOGRADY
  • redealmakerredealmaker Member Posts: 2
    Car_man:

Can I Get the February Mf and Residual for a touareg tdi in lux or exec trim? 12k miles a year thank you for your help!
  • carbuyer0113carbuyer0113 Member Posts: 1
    what dealership did you get this deal at? are you a return customer?
    Hi XOGRADY. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg VR6 Lux with 12,000 miles per year are .00076 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for the Executive model are exactly the same.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $3,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck through VW Credit.

The residual values for this truck definitely are not great. The decent money factor and cash incentive help to offset that somewhat, but I wouldn't say that this is a great vehicle to lease.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome grassypond.

Car_man
    Host
    You certainly can redealmaker. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of any 2012 Touareg TDI with 12,000 miles per year are .00161 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • genixgenix Member Posts: 4
    Edmunds has helped me greatly, and thought id give a little bit back

VR6 Sport Base

MSRP - 44500
    Cap Cost : 38500
    3000 down
    .00055 MF

$530/mo including CA tax
This discussion has been closed.