Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Touareg Lease Questions

Comments

• karpykarpy Member Posts: 6
    Carman - I'm looking to get a touareg lease. What would be the money factor and residual for April? Also through the company I work for I can get invoice less $500 is that a fair price?

Are there any other incentives? Thanks.

Been debating between touareg and jeep grand Cherokee decided to go with the touareg because of space and transmission.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi karpy. This truck's lease program varies by trim level. You never mentioned exactly which version you are interested in, so for now I will assume that you want a V6 model and not the diesel or hybrid.

VW Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00055 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $3,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • karpykarpy Member Posts: 6
    Thanks. I got a v6 with Nav. The agreed upon price of the car ended up being $40,868 plus $675 acq and $1,765 of tax for a total $43,257. they treated this amount as the capitalized cost and my payment of $1817 as a capitalized cost reduction. Plus i had 330 in reg fees (??) and some title fees so total out pocket is $2885 and monthly is $568. Is this a good deal?

I was told the money factor was zero or so 0.00001. 10k per year lease. I don't recall them mentioning the $3k of cash incentives...
  • paulrobertpaulrobert Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    Car_Man,

Looking for May 2012 Money Factor and Residual % for 2012 Touareg V6 Exec 12k and 15k mileage, 36 months... thanks for your help Car_Man!
    Hello paulrobert. Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg V6 Exec with 15,000 miles per year are .00002 and 43%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this truck make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • paulrobertpaulrobert Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_Man:

Could you send me a link showing the details of $3000 cash incentive? Can't find that offer anywhere.

Paul
    You're welcome Paul. I'm not aware of any Volkswagen link that mentions the $3,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck but it definitely exists. Edmunds.com mentioned it here on our site:

http://www.edmunds.com/volkswagen/touareg/2012/car-incentives.html?style=1014041- 90

Car_man
    Host
  • monty2000monty2000 Member Posts: 41
    2012 Touareg lux 3.6l automatic

50,780 MSRP

Take my old 2010 CC with 8 months left on lease

No money down

everything rolled into payment except

1st month and dmv costs

36 months/10k a year miles

$614 month

Should i do this or is it not a good deal
    Hey monty2000. Volkswagen is currently waiving up to four remaining payments for current lessees, so if you get out of your CC lease early you are essentially wasting four remaining payments. You probably would be better off waiting until you're closer to the scheduled end of your CC lease to get something new.

If you are set on getting a new Touareg now, I would be happy to evaluate this deal for you. Do you know what this truck's selling price is? This is a very important number to know when leasing. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is much more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • monty2000monty2000 Member Posts: 41
    I ended up taking this deal before I saw your response-

36 month/10k mile

2012 toureg lux

take back CC which I have 7 months left

first month and dmv

$599 a month
  • threesixtthreesixt Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

Any info (residual/MF) on June lease rates for 2012 Touaregs? I'm considering leasing new vs buying used. Thanks!
    Hello threesixt. VW Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg Luxury or Sport V6 with 15,000 miles per year are an extremely attractive .00004 and a not so attractive .00004.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the sizable $3,750 cash incentive that Volkswagen is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • arturob2arturob2 Member Posts: 46
    Hi CarMan!

How about the money factor and residual value for a 2012 V6 Exec? 36 Months, 12,000 Miles?

Thank you!
  • arturob2arturob2 Member Posts: 46
    Hi Car_Man,

Do you have the MF and Residual for the 2012 Touareg V6 Executive?

Thanks!
    Here's the information that you're looking for arturob. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg Exec with 12,000 miles per year are .00013 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the significant $4,250 cash incentive that Volkswagen is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • aceral1906aceral1906 Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man,

Could you provide the money factor and residual of a 2012 Touareg Lux V6 with 12K/year on a 36 and 42 month leases?

Thanks in advance.
  • brownsbuckeyesbrownsbuckeyes Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

I'm looking for the money factor and residual of a 2012 Touareg VR6 Sport w/ Navigation with 12k/year or 15k/year on a 36 month lease.

Thanks!
  • erikab629erikab629 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2012 VW Toureg VR6 Lux for 36 months, 10,000 miles per year. I went to the dealership the other day and they brought the price of the car down to $44,225 (since I had previously bought from them) and are giving me $12,200 for my 2007 Nissan Murano SL AWD, of which I have a $5652 payoff left on. I told them I am possibly willing to put another $1500 down + 1st month's payment, plates & doc fees. For all this they offered me a monthly payment of $475 - $485. Does this seem reasonable? I am now hesitant on whether or not I want to put the additional $1500 down, since I am already going to lose so much by putting all of the equity I have in Murano down. Would it be reasonable to still get in the same payment range if I don't put that down? This is the first time I am going from buying to leasing and I just want to make sure I am making the right decision. The dealer said they are using a money factor of .00013 (under 1%) and a residual of 45% (or $22,725) to calc the payment.
  • amxamx Member Posts: 8
    hello car_man,

time to get a new ride and I am back. What are VW's current residual on a 3Yr/45K lease on a Touareg Sport w/Nav. Is the 4250 lease cash still there? Is the cash only for leases or is it there for normal sales as well? I typically first negotiate the selling price as if the dealer was selling me the car and then I mention I want to lease it. Can I assume that the Cap cost would then drop by another 4250?
    Hi amx. VW Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg Sport with Navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 42%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

In August, the cash incentive on leases of this truck was raised to $4,750. Yes, shoot for as low a selling price as possible and then have the dealer subtract the cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
  • dchasmandchasman Member Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a TDI Touareg and am really having a hard time finding a reasonable deal... Even willing to buy it anywhere in the country to take advantage of ANY lease deal available. Do you have any insight that I might have not thought about to approach this deal? I wouldn't be happy with the gas model and really can't afford the all out payment of full purchase finance. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Hi dchasman. Volkswagen really isn't providing any support on TDI models right now. The TDI Touareg is particularly expensive. If you're looking for an affordable vehicle, this certainly is not it. Even if you were able to get an amazing deal on this truck like getting it for close to dealer invoice, which I doubt is possible, it still would be expensive to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • amxamx Member Posts: 8
    Is there a cash incentive for sales as well? I negotiated a selling price, but when I ask about the lease cash, the dealers mention there is a selling price cash discount of a similar amount that I would lose.
    Hi amx. There is $4,500 dealer cash on purchases of the 2012 Touareg or $4,750 on leases of it. These two incentives cannot be combined.

Car_man
    Host
  • davidg13davidg13 Member Posts: 6
    Looking for 36 mo lease numbers (residual and money factor) for a 2012 or 2013 Toureg Lux. I've seen numbers posted for shorter leases, but could you please provide updated numbers for 15, 20 and 25k miles per year? Any additional feedback on a reasonable market price would be most appreciated. The 2012 dealer cash mentioned above doesn't appear to be a published promotion, so how exactly would this be applied?

Thank you in advance!
    Hi davidg13. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Touareg Lux with 15,000 miles per year are .00021 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00006 and 41%.

If you need to drive more than 15,000 miles per year, you will have to drive additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2013 model and $5,250 on leases of the 2012 model. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations. If it, you would be able to negotiate selling prices that are below invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • davidg13davidg13 Member Posts: 6
    Thank you, Car_man. Can you tell me if the numbers are any different for the diesel? (Including applicability of the cash incentives.)

Again, thank you in advance and I appreciate the information you're able to provide to help consumers make a significant purchase.
    You're very welcome davidg13. Volkswagen's lease program for the diesel Touareg are significantly different.

Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Touareg TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00157 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00157 and 46%.

There is not any currently cash incentives on Touareg TDI models.

Car_man
    Host
  • paradiddle7paradiddle7 Member Posts: 63
    Car_man, would you please tell me the residual for a 10k mile lease on the 2012 Toaureg? I understand from above that the money factor is .00006 and $5,250 cash incentive.

Also, where is the best site for me to find the invoice prices?
    edited September 2012
    Certainly paradiddle7. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg V6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00006 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The $5,250 cash incentive on leases of this truck that you mentioned is correct.

As far as pricing goes, of course the best site to find information on vehicles' dealer invoice prices is Edmunds.com ;). As they say on the Fantasy Focus podcast...I'm a company man :). Here's a link to the pricing section of this site: New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man. We pickup our Toaureg tomorrow. $5250 below invoice at 0.14% is just too good to pass up. It was the same price as my Audi Q5 but our payment is $165 cheaper because it leases that much better than the Audi.

Cheers
  • turnsleftfastturnsleftfast Member Posts: 1
    Car man,

I'm looking for a 12k mile/yr, 36 month lease on a 2013 Touareg V6 Sport with Nav. First pricing shown to me by the dealer is MSRP of $46,635 and Lease price of $39,899.

What should I be looking for to get a "Whoa! Crazy! Crazy!" deal? How much below invoice (which I believe is $44,347 based on Edmunds - company man) should I expect?

What should the residual value and money factor be coming in at?

Thanks!
    Dan
    Sounds good to me, paradiddle7. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Dan. A selling price of $2,000 under invoice would be a good deal on this truck.

Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Touareg V6 Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00021 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • donkey22donkey22 Member Posts: 2
    I'd like to see if I am missing something here... Here's the lease deal:

MSRP $50k
    Sale price $42k
    36 months
    15k miles/year
    $530/month +tax
    $0 down + just inceptions

How is the price so low on a 2013 already? It's not like they have to move inventory. Are they just trying to increase market share or something bigger picture like that?
  • lakeview88lakeview88 Member Posts: 4
    Car_man, would you please tell me the residual, MF and incentives for a 10k mile lease on the 2012 Toaureg V6 sport? Thanks!
    Car_man can chime in but I just bought a 2012 V6 10k mile lease for 44%, $5250 incentive, and .0006 or 0.14% MF. I don't know if those numbers have changed since then. I bought it on Sept. 28th.

We really enjoy the car too. We like it a lot more than our Q5 that we got rid of.
    Certainly lakeview88. Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg V6 Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00006 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take the massive $5,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • radicalforceradicalforce Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

Looking for a 2012 Touareg Executive
    MSRP $56395
    Sale price $47100

They are quoting me a residual on 15K @ 40% and a MF of 0.00009. Acquisition fee: 685
    Comes up to $750. No money down. First month on VW. Out of pocket cost ZERO. what do you think?

RF
  • gregpzgregpz Member Posts: 3
    Hi car_man, can you please post november residual and mf for 2012 toureg v6 sport with navigation lease 10k and 12k a year.
    Thank you
    Hi radicalforce. The money factor that you were quoted is spot on, but the dealer might be marking up the acquisition a tiny bit. I believe that VW Credit's current base fee is only $625.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. This truck probably has a spread of around $2,700 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the massive $5,750 cash incentive that is available on leases of it through VW Credit and there's a total of around $8,500 to play with. The discount that you were quoted is a little higher than that, so you're likely getting this truck at invoice minus incentives or just under, which is a good deal.

$750 per month is a seriously expensive truck, but that actually looks like a good deal on this model to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Hee's the information that you're looking for gregpz. VW Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg V6 Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00009 and 42% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $5,750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • jack238jack238 Member Posts: 1
    Hi car_man, can you please post november money factor and residual for 2013 Toureg TDI w/Nav 10k and 12k a year.

Thank you
  • drhurricane36drhurricane36 Member Posts: 6
    Hi car man,

Can you tell me the residual and money factor on a 2013 tdi for 12k and 15k? Does this also qualify for the 5250 incentive or is that only 2012? Fair sale price for this is around 57k? Thanks for being such a great resource!
  • drhurricane36drhurricane36 Member Posts: 6
    Actually I need to include lux non tdi. Doesn't seem like the tdi rates are ever favorable. Thanks.
    Hello jack238. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Touareg TDI with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome drhurricane36. Thanks for the kind words. Through the end of the year, Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Touareg TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Volkswagen is only providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the 2013 model, versus the massive cash incentive on the 2012s. AND these cash incentives are not available on TDI models anyhow.

Car_man
    Host
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Can you list the leasing numbers for 24 and 36 month at 12,000 miles a year and any incentives. Looking at V6 sports edition.
  • wiseguy33wiseguy33 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,

Could you please provide the residual value, money factor and also incentives if any are available for a 42 month Lease 10K miles per year for this vehicle?

Thanks!
    Hi mlevine. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Touareg V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00004 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00004 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive and waiver of the first month's payment that are currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.