Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Touareg Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi wiseguy33. VW Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 Touareg V6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00004 and 45% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This month there's a $750 cash incentive plus the waiver of the first month's payment available on this model. Make sure to take them into account during your negotiations.

Good luck and Happy Holidays!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Thank you for the information on the touareg. The lease numbers are not good at all with a very low residual and no great discounts for a SUV also short in supply. The only good aspect is the money factor is low ,but not enough to get a good deal.
    I agree, mlevine. I've always found Touareg leases to be a little on the expensive side.

Car_man
    Host
  • r23rr23r Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the process of looking to lease a 2013 Touareg V6 Sport with Navigation.
    I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me what the residual value and money factor I should expect to get and what the best available rate would be.
    Thanks
    Please read prior posts on this forum. I enjoyed test driving the Toureg V6 with Nav. Leasing to me was not practical and I looked at BMW, MB, and Infiniti. These brands have better leasing deals. I was even disappointed with Audi's Q5 and Q7 leasing deals and limited supply. That being said leasing the Audi is still better than VW. Amazing since it is the same company.
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    mlevine,

I am really surprised to hear that.
    I leased my Touareg last year, coming out of an Audi Q5 lease, where I paid $90/mo more for a car that was $4K cheaper!
    Not only that, VW also covers your scheduled maintenance, which Audi wants you to pay for. Touareg offers way batter packaged car for the money, compared to Audi and the Money Factor is waaaay lower.
    My buddy just leased an ML350, having the same features that Executive Touareg would have, but with MSRP being $8-9K greater, although his monthly is not bad being $670/mo with only a little over 1K paid at lease inception.
    I hope it helped.
    The scheduled maintenance and satellite radio were pluses for the touareg.
    Supply this December was very limited and they were not making great deals. Both local VW dealers never called me back. The Audi does have a maintenance package that can be purchased which will also increase the residual by 1%. As I recall the residual was better on the Q5 and Q7 then touareg. I agree the touareg is better packaged.
  • packi64packi64 Member Posts: 4
    Hi!

Could you please post the current money factor, bonus cash, and residual on a 42 month lease with 12K per year for a 2013 CC 2.0T Lux? If I'm correct, there is a dealer incentive of $1,000 and a holdback of $712 until 1/31/13.

Thanks for your help!

Patrick E
  • rmervaurmervau Member Posts: 10
    Volkswagen may want to think about changing the name of this vehicle in light of the turn of events in Mali, the people this name represents are now a bunch of terrorists!
    Hi r23r. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Touareg Sport V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 45% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Patrick. I just replied to your identical post over in the CC Lease Questions discussion. Please check there for my response. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    It still blows me away how terrible the residual is for this vehicle. It is a great vehicle with a very nice interior and drive. The cash incentive should help with leasing, but probably not enough. I have told friends not to lease or buy as the residual is too low.
  • arturtarturt Member Posts: 3
    I test drove 2013 Touareg Tdi with navigation and l like it, the ride was a little bulky comparing to my Tiguan. After I ask about a quote to Lease the vehicle and that's what I got offered:
    2013 tdi with navigation msrp of $ 49800
    Dealer dropped to invoice of $ 48000 and calculate the payments at $ 870 a month for 12k / 36m
    With 0 down and everything included. The residual value was 50% and money factor .00131.
    Anybody has any experience of leasing Touareg and knows any hidden rebates to lower the price :-)
    I was in shock! Currently paying $300 for Tiguan 4motion , with the payments of almost triple then that for a little bigger Suv.
    Hi, arturt,

This deal sounds just horrible!
    Granted, TDI is more expensive than VR6, but it is barely worth the extra money, as the price difference won't be compensated by the better fuel economy, within just 36 months, especially considering higher cost for Diesel fuel.
    I am currently in the second year of my VR6 lease, paying just $515/mo for a vehicle with MSRP $46,300
    What state are you in? I can refer you to my dealer in NJ, if you are close by.

Good luck!
    Thanks disla ,

I'm in NY , and sound like your dealer have better deals. If you don't mind I would give him a halo.
    Actually I get a $ 830 for lease and $ 870 for finance the vehicle.

Many thanks for any advise :-)).
  • sjl225sjl225 Member Posts: 29
    edited February 2013
    Hello Car_man

What is the The MF and residuals for the 2013 Touareg TDI Exec and 2013 Hybrid for 36 months and 12k m/py?
    Additionally, is there any dealer cash on the Hybrid?

Before I sign on the dotted line for another Cayenne, I thought that these cars may be an alternative option for me, but it's so hard to get a straight answer from the VW store's sales people I've spoken with.
    Your help as always is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again
    arturt,

sorry, i didn't get notified of your response.
    My dealer is Reydel VW of Edison, NJ.
    I walked away from leasing the touareg in December. I was looking at the gas V6 sport. The residual is too low and money factor is okay. Even with the cash available for leasing I believe leasing this vehicle is not a good idea as payment wil be too high. Try looking at MB ML bluetec(money factor just increased by MB) or BMW X5D(eco credit is now lower for 2013). Still may be able to get a lower lease payment.
    Thank you GUYS :)

Disla, I'll try your Dealer - many thanks.
    Mlevine, I totally agree with you. In this price range I have so many vehicles to choose, such as MB, BMW, Audi q7, or gas model if diesel will come to most expensive. I thought that touareg might be the option as not a premium brand. Looks like Vw is selling enough jetta's and doesn't have to go crazy with Touareg. :confuse:
    My current dealer wants to know whom I am dealing with ;-) after I told that I receive great offers from other Vw dealers and they would like to verify by calling them. Interesting ?!
    I'll keep posted and let you guys know....
    I did not mention audi as I believe the residual values are not as good as MB or BMW. In addition, I looked at the Q7 but limited supply available. Had a Q7 3 years ago and loved it. Lease deals worse after my original Q7 lease. Both local VW dealerships had limited inventory and did not call me back.
    I agree mlevine. The Touareg definitely is not a great vehicle to lease. There's definitely SUVs out there that provide more bang for the buck.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for sjl225. VW Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Touareg TDI with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is not providing any cash incentives on the Touareg TDI.

Car_man
    Host
  • nervousnellynervousnelly Member Posts: 2
    I've been offered a 2013 Touareg V6 Sport w/Nav for 36 months, 10k/year mileage, zero down for $530. Is this an average deal? A good deal? Am I being foolish? I'm hesitant to sign.
    Thanks for the info on the TDI Car_man!.......Do you have the numbers on the "Hybrid" as well (same terms)?
    Based on your monthly not a bad deal as many others trying to lease have had payments in the mid 700's. Post the details of the lease so it can be analyzed in more details.
    nervousnelly,

if you can drive off paying $0, $530/mo sounds great to me, even with just $10K/y mileage.
    I am paying $515 for 12K miles, but dropped $3K at signing.

mlevine,

all of a sudden you do see that some people are able to find a good deal, as opposed to your complaints that Touareg is "a horrible car to be leasing"? I am surprised to still see you around here.
    There are probably good deals if you contact enough dealers and are perssitent. Based on the residual and money factor the Touareg lease deals are not very good unless you can lower the cap cost significantly. I have recommended one buy this vehicle instead of leasing.
  • nervousnellynervousnelly Member Posts: 2
    I signed! It's a 2013, Touareg Sport w/Nav & towing pkg. I'm very happy. I don't drive very far. They know I'll be bringing it back well under the 10k/year. I just returned my three year old Tiguan with 19k miles. I called three other dealers who were all in the same ballpark (between $515-550). It's white with black interior. Zero down, $530/mth, Sport with towing, rubber car mats & nav. I'm enjoying discovering all the tech features. I'm rather pleased (after only 3 days). I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago. Thanks very much for your feedback.
    edited March 2013
    Nervousnelly,

Congrats, good for you! This is exactly the same model and options that I have.
    I hope I'll be able to get the similar deal when my lease expires a year and a half from now.
    You're very welcome, sjl225. Yes I do.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Touareg Hybrid with 12,000 miles per year are .00015 and 45% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the info Car_man!
  • nn1989nn1989 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car man,

I've been offered a 2013 Touareg V6 Lux for 36 months, 10k/year, $3600 down (after taxes, fees and such), and $515/ month. I'm not sure if I should take that or shop for better, what are your thoughts?

Thank You!
    You're very welcome sjl225.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nn1989. Do you know what this truck's MSRP is? Its MSRP and selling price would be even better. These figures will help me to evaluate this deal. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • jared535jared535 Member Posts: 1
    Carman. Do you have updated lease residuals and MF for April for the TDI Touareg? Is there any dealer money available?
    Thanks
    Here you go jared535. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Touareg TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00148 and 47% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't think that VW is providing any dealer cash on the Touareg TDI right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • robbiegrobbieg Member Posts: 346
    Car Man

You mentioned above that the Touareg is not a car to lease. What cars would you suggest looking at if you wanted to lease either a loaded mainstream SUV (ex. Pilot Touring or Highlander Limited) or a luxury SUV?
  • 2011vr6nj2011vr6nj Member Posts: 1
    Car Man

Thanks for this great service!

I have a 2011 Touareg VR6 Sport, and I'm looking to get into a 2013.

Looking at a 2013 Touareg VR6 Sport w/Navigation
    MSRP $ 46,365.00
    Dealer Invoice $ 44,137.00
    VW Dealer Cash ($ 3,750.00)
    Misc. NJ Tax $ 200.00

Net Selling Price $ 38,995.00

The offer I was given is $ 579.00 36 months @ 15k/year with slightly less than $1,000.00 out of pocket for 1st months payment, docs and dmv charges.

Is it a decent deal or am I paying just a little much. I am with VW Financial now and have top tier credit.

Thanks again!
    Hi robbieg. To me, and this is definitely somewhat subjective, the best mainstream SUVs to lease are the Subaru Forester, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander and Nissan Pathfinder. The Forester probably represents the best value of the group and the Pathfinder has the best size / price ratio. Nissan has done an amazing job with its redesign of the Finder for the '13 model year. Its gas mileage is particularly impressive.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome 2011vr6nj. In May, Volkswagen is providing a $2,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck through VW Credit. It is waiving the first month's payment on leases of it this month as well.

It looks like the dealer used the retail dealer cash, i.e. the money that is only available on purchases of it...not leases, to calculate the selling price that you mentioned. That price might not be available on leases. Make sure to find out exactly what capitalized cost they are using to work up your deal.

A selling price of close to dealer invoice minus the cash incentives that I mentioned would be a very attractive price for a Touareg. Make sure that the dealer uses its current buy rate lease money factor of .00023 to calculate your monthly payment.

Having said all of this, this truck's current residual value of 42% for a 39-month, 15,000 mile per year lease is terrible. This is not a great vehicle to lease right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • tuburonhtuburonh Member Posts: 9
    Hello Car Man-

Glad to see you are still in action: your help has been invaluable for my last two leases, and I'm now back in the market.

I know you hate leasing for the Touareg, but nonetheless, could you please let me know what VW Credits May rates are (MF and residual) on both the 36 month and 39 month leases for a Touareg TDI at 15000 miles per year?

Many thanks.
    Thanks tuburonh. I'm still here :). Welcome back.

Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Touareg TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 45% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I didn't mention the 36-month numbers because that term is not eligible for the Sign Then Drive first payment waiver, just the 39 and I think 48-month terms are.

Car_man
    Host
  • jlh4480jlh4480 Member Posts: 4
    Hello all,

My local dealer has a 2012 new Touareg still on the lot. It is a TDI with the Lux package. It is listed for 47, 850 and the MSRP was 54, 850. I am interested in leasing this car and wanted to know what the MF and Residual would be like on a 2012.

I would be interested in either a 2 year with 12k/year, or even a 3 year with 12k/year.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
  • newbuyer77newbuyer77 Member Posts: 1
    Hi.
    I'm shopping for a good lease on a 2013 Touareg V6 Lux. I qualify for the supplier purchase program through my company which is $500 below invoice. My question is: is there "dealer cash" available and can it be applied even if I'm already getting the preferred price? If I ask the dealer this and they say "no", how do I know they're telling the truth?

Thank you.
    Hi newbuyer77. Volkswagen is currently providing a $2,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck that I believe you would be entitled to if you were to go through the supplier purchase program. The retail dealer cash that VW is providing on the '13 Touareg is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • bman18bman18 Member Posts: 2
    Any help here is appreciated

I am looking at lease/purchase on 2013 Toureg TDI Exec msrp $60,945 and sales price of 53385 - trading in vehicle with $5000 equity

I am being quoted $799 for 39 months lease with residual of 27225 with no other cash out of pocket including TT and fees

Seems high? Any advice?

Thanks in advance
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    Carman, I have read your position on Touareg leases. I am looking at both the Toureg TDI Lux and the ML350 Bluetec. My initial plan was to pay cash. My CPA says we could write off the lease to our business ventures. So we are considering a lease. Which would be the better lease prospect, the MB or VW? The ML350Blutec will probably be in the $55k range and the Touareg in the $50k range. We like both vehicles a lot. Thank you,
    Hi gagrice. While there's a lot of variables here, such as the discount that you are able to negotiate. All things being equal, mainly the dealer discount, the ML Bluetec would actually be cheaper to lease than a diesel Touareg, even with the higher MSRP because the Mercedes' residual values are so much stronger. The resid for a three year lease of an ML would be 10% to 15% higher than the residual value for an equivalent lease of a Touareg TDI. That's a huge difference.

Car_man
    Host
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    Thank you. I needed an unbiased opinion. The VW salesman was pushing VW leases. He claimed VW had the best leasing program and that was the reason so many people leased from VW. I guess if we lease I better look the offers over very closely.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    VW has some pretty good leases.. just not on Touaregs... :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.