Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volvo S60 Lease Questions

Comments

• ensm00ensm00 Member Posts: 4
    I am in the NY area and am interested in your deal. Please let me know which dealers you contacted and any more details you can.
  • ranger11ranger11 Member Posts: 6
    I am hoping someone experienced leasers can assist. I have negotiated the following, and not sure if I can do any better:
    2007 S 60 AWD Premium and Climate packages with Navigation. 3 year lease, 15k per month. The deal I have pending at the dealership is, $2500 down, $406.00 per month. I know there are rebates that factor in, and I THINK I am getting a prett good deal. But I am not seasoned, so if anyone can give advice, I would certainly welcome it! Thanks to anyone that replies

Ranger11
  • neednewcacarneednewcacar Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking for a very similar S60 lease deal in California, preferably Southern California. The one dealer I spoke with said the NJ lease prices and CA lease prices are apples and oranges. I have a hard time believing that. Does anyone have any experience or dealer recommendations for SoCal? Thanks!
  • carforevancarforevan Member Posts: 19
    Ranger11-
    I think you can do a bit better, alhthough that depends....

Is your $2500 down a cap cost reduction or is it taxes, license and bank fee? Do you know your MSRP and the Selling Price?

Do you have any other dealerships in your area to comparison shop with? If so, take your deal to them and see if someone else will beat it.
    Carforevan...... I am not sure exactly what the $2500. consists of, we just told the dealer we wanted to keep our payment around $400. per month. The first deal we got was at a another local dealer for $2700. at inception, and $409 per month, and that was for FWD, not AWD. It is all inclusive though, taxes first month etc. The dealer said we could even lower that to $1500. at inception and pay $30. more per month. When pricing the vehicle using Edmunds tool with what we are getting in the car, the MSRP is $39,600 and the invoice is $36,800. Thoughts>?? We are going to the dealer today!
    ranger11,
    It seems like a good deal, but would need a bit more info to be sure...like is the 2500 all taxes, 1st month payment, plus bank fees or does it include cap money down? And how many miles per year are included? That's another key factor. If no cap money down, and you got at least 12K miles per year then I'd say you have a decent offer at $406 per month. My 2007 AWD w/premium and climate on a 36 month lease is $380 w/ 15K miles/yr and no cap money down. You're getting nav which would explain the $20 extra per month, or pretty close. Let me know how it went!
    Hey....thanks again for the quick reply, I really appreciate it.

Its 15K per year, and we actually go the deal down to $399. per month. The breakdown on the $2470 down was such:
    $1215 tax
    $ 695 Acquisition Fee
    $ 399 First month
    and reg fee, inspection fee etc making up the other $170.00.

Thoughts~?? Its not too late for us to keep negotiating, if you think we're missing something.
  • bgl90291bgl90291 Member Posts: 5
    Neednewcacar!
    I have tried several dealerships around L.A and have had very bad experiences. Surreal fee inventions, switches of every kind...I wonder how they sell any cars...(who would sign with things like "tire fee 8.75" in your contract?) I have several dealer replies, contracts to share if you care to know who and what.
    Let me know if you make a deal!
  • az_shopperaz_shopper Member Posts: 8
    This is the best I have been able to work out for this 2006 S60 T5. Is that money factor too high? And do those fees seem excessive - I'm in AZ if that matters?

I love this forum so far!!!

MSRP$39145.00
    Cap Cost $26108.00
    Residual $15649.20
    Money factor .00236
    35 payment $389.07 plus tax
    Total out of pocket $2235.30 includes all fees and first payment

Licenses fees $567.32
    Bank fees after tax $859.40
    Doc fee $388.00
    Total fees $1814.72
    ranger11,
    Excellent! I'm glad you got the 15K/yr miles. That's the only thing I was worried about. Tell them to give you $100 off the bank fee to match Volvo's 595 and you have a deal. :)

But you have a good deal anyway, IMO.
    What color by the way? If it's non-metalic, be sure to knock another $475 off both the MSRP and cap cost. :)
    Az shopper,
    Wow, that's a great deal! I would have paid an extra $10 per month for the T5. Goes to show you no matter how well you think you do, there is a good possibility someone else did better! Congrats!
    Carforevan..... We got the Black Spapphire Metallic. So now I just have to check into that bank fee.

Thanks alot for all your help.... If you were local I'd buy you a beer!~
    I do feel like it's a good deal, but the only thing I don't like is the fees I'm being charged.

Licenses fees $567.32
    Bank fees after tax $859.40 - Shouldn't this be $595??
    Doc fee $388.00
    Total fees $1814.72

How am I getting hit with all these, when ranger is paying this...
    The breakdown on the $2470 down was such:
    $1215 tax
    $ 695 Acquisition Fee
    $ 399 First month
    and reg fee, inspection fee etc making up the other $170.00.

Should the bank and doc fees be included in the MSRP?
    Thanks all!!
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    Bank and doc fees are not part of the car so they don't go to the MSRP.
    Different banks have different acquision fees. Also, the size of the fee can depend on your credit rating.
    Different dealers have different doc fees.
    Finally, you can't compare different deals from different states, because the fees are different and sometimes the bank programs are too.
    All you can do is to shop around within your area.
    Thanks volvomax. The problem is this is the only dealer with 2006 T5's in AZ. I can get a better deal in San Diego and the drive is only about 5 hours - I could probably use to get out of the heat! The SD deal is below...MSRP is less because the car here has a wood dash kit which I can certainly do without

2006 S60 T5
    MSRP $38310
    $386 Monthly Payment
    $700 Drive off including 1st month
    No Additional Fees / No Cap Cost Reduction

I don't have the cap cost or residual, but I like the numbers I see!!!
    the only thing to keep in mind w/ that deal is that you have to pay AZ plate tax and reg when you get home.
    ranger11,
    Glad to help!
    Do you have the car now? You're going to love it. I've only had mine for a week and there's no other car on the road I see and even have a second thought about. Only a bit curious about the T5, but must have not been meant to be. And did they go along with matching Volvo Financing's bank fee? You have to go for every bit you can, b/c you never know how much meat there is on the bone. When I leased mine I heard the best stories about how they were losing money on my deal! So keep your hankie handy :)
    az shopper,
    Was the T5 hard to find or did they have a few in stock? Are there any other differences from the S60 AWD other than the hp??

Just do not let them rush you in the end. Read your entire lease and understand all the numbers in it, esp fees and charges or penalites, etc. They may sell cars every day but you may only buy one once every 5 or 6 years so GO AS SLOW AS YOU LIKE/NEED TO.

Let us know how you do.
    az shopper,
    One more thing...if you didn't buy already, you might want to check out the posts about the stiffer suspension of the T5 and pay attention to this aspect when you test drive it to be sure that's what you want. (see the S-60 thread with about 2703 posts) I'm now glad to have not gone with the T5 as I find the AWD as stiff as I would want. Just another thought. If you did buy already....enjoy the hp.
  • biggerdaddynjbiggerdaddynj Member Posts: 17
    Nagnihot,

Sorry I haven't checked in with the forum since my last post. DO NOT put down $2500. I only had to put down $2071. Unless you're upgrading something there's no reason you should be shelling out the extra $$$. Hope this doesn't get to you too late. Good luck.

PS Picked up the car and I'm very satisfied (the turbo makes up for the lack of V6, the front seats are comfy and the drive is nice). Only downside I see--trunk is tight as is the backseat (however, did fit a carseat, my wife and mom--ladies indicated it was fine). Since this car isn't our primary vehicle, we can tolerate it.
    T5's are VERY rare in AZ.
    S60 AWD's are non existent, except for the R.

Your advice about going slow is normally good, but this time of year it can be costly. The 07's do cost more to lease and the 06 are nearly gone.
    Most leases are standard. You have your first payment, license fees, acq fee and security deposit. Most lenders don't charge the last one.
    Any more $$ is to lower your payment.
    At the end you have a disposition fees, usually @ $400.
    Mileage is .18-25 cents/mile.
    CVAN.....I shifted gears! Just when I was about to pull the trigger on the AWD with NAV, I saw an ad this past Sunday FROM THE SAME DEALERSHIP for the same vehicle, except no AWD or NAV. So, the deal was:

S 60 CLimate Premium Metallic Black
    $2000. due at signing (0 down payment, 0 security, just 1st payment taxes)
    $299 per month for 12k miles, $320 for 15k miles ( I chose the 15K).

Thats the deal! I couldnt believe, on a MSRP of $35,700 I will be leasing this S 60 for $320. per month. And yes, they matched the Volvo Bank Fee. I have since called 9 Volvo Dealerships in the tri-state area to see if anyone would match, and they all said they couldnt come close.
    I really wanted the NAV (didn't care so much for the AWD), but for $80 less per month and $300 less at signing, I could NOT pass on this deal. I figure I am saving over $3,000 over the course of the lease on this deal compared to my first one.
    PLease PLEASE tell me I did the right thing.
    ranger 11,
    You did well! If you read post #185, they mention a $289 lease for a metallic FWD w/12K, but this offer was VERY LOW...as low as I've heard. Hey, you paid $10 more than a deal in NJ which may not even be relevant to you .....so what! I'm not sure how essential the AWD is either...I didn't test drive the FWD, but some say the DSTC in the FWD makes up for it....does your FWD have that option?
    Bottom line, you did VERY well, IMO. I had thought about switching to FWD myself, then decided to keep the AWD for snow and rain and better cornering. But the only way I'll know for sure is driving it over time.
    Congrats!! Did you take the car home yet?
    Volvomax,

...advice about going slow was in regards to reading through the paperwork on signing day....not a time to be rushing through and not understanding each and every number, eh?
    That is a different matter.
    But again, leases are standardized, so there usually aren't any surprises.
    Most of the time people simply forget what their contract stipulates, or think they can get around it.
  • will22will22 Member Posts: 1
    Trying to negotiate a similar deal right now in Chicago, and want to understand what you got.

S60 2.5T FWD with climate package, premium package, black metallic paint for $320 per month (15k per year) or $299 per month (12k per year).

$2,000 down included first month's payment and sales tax.

Have I got it right?
    Volvomax-
    Unfortunately leases are not always standardized. See post #212 for a prime example of a "surprise".
  • nagnihotnagnihot Member Posts: 3
    Hi will22,

Your numbers seem a little bit higher than the best deal
    in NJ, but are still quite good. The best deal that I was quoted
    was by Bridgewater Volvo (based on a recommendation by the
    famous biggerdaddynj). My payments were also coming to
    $320 a month for 15K per year, except that was with no tax
    upfront: just bank/doc fees and registration and first month's
    payment. Your deal sounds similar to some of the other
    numbers that I was quoted in NJ.

Except I took my accountant's advice and rolled _everything_ into
    the payments, including the registration, bank/doc fees,
    everything. The reason to do that is that in case the car gets
    stolen or totalled, the insurance pays the owner the cost of
    the car, and you don't get back any money you put down! If
    I roll that amount into the monthly payments, I end up paying
    interest on this amount, but that's only 5% (based on a money
    rate of 0.00207) on about $40 a month, or $2 per month. I
    think of it as added insurance!

So now the payments come to a little under $360, and I drove
    out with just the first month's payment down.

But AFAIK this deal expires on August 31st, so hurry hurry!!
    What goes away after August 31st?
  • 3rdvolvo3rdvolvo Member Posts: 1
    I am being offered $390/month for 36 months, 12K/year, $1250 total drive off on a 2006 S60, leather, non-metallic paint, no geartronic, sirius prepped, etc.. Due to credit score I do not qualify for US Bank, only Volvo Finance. 2007 S60 would be $415 for same term. Is this a good deal? What should I ask for?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Complaining about an $8.75 fee is hardly a "surprise"
    AZ charges a $5.00 Tire Tax, has for years.

As for bait and switch, that has nothing to do w/ leasing.
    Thats just a bad dealer practice.
  • bgl90291bgl90291 Member Posts: 5
    RE: 8.75 tire fee...
    I never was told that this is $8.75.
    I asked "8.75 what?, dollars, per cent/per tire, per car,per year?" and was never answered.
    I'm complaining that I can't get a straight answer, not that there may be a fee.
    You should have been given an answer.
    AZ's fee is an "environmental impact" fee.
    It is a one time charge.

The only thing on a lease contract that is not a one time charge is the monthly payment itself.
    Well I let August pass without pulling the trigger on a new S60...does anyone know what is being offered for September on 2006 S60's?? 2.5T or T5's

Thanks in advance
    Yes, you will lose $1000 of lease incentive on the 07's.
    06 lease residuals dropped 2 points.
    Thanks Volvomax. So on a 2006 the cap cost should be the same as it was in August, but the residual will be 2 percent less?

What is the residual percentage on a 2006 S60 2.5T? Is that number negotialbe or is it set by Volvo?

Thanks Again!
    residuals are set by the banks.
    They are not negotiable.

A lower residual means a higher payment.
    i thought if you lower the selling price you have a lower payment and a lower residual
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Lower payment.. yes

Lower residual.. no.. the residual stays the same.

The residual is based on a percentage of the MSRP.. The car is worth the same at the end of the lease, no matter what you pay for it..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nycarsnycars Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

I am looking for a 2007 s 60 S 60 CLimate Premium Metallic Black for 3 yrs/12k miles. Very similar to the one you found for 299 per month. Could you let me know the town on the dealership because I am in the mkt over the next few weeks and in the tristate area Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey andre1. I don't believe that Volvo is currently providing lease support on 2006 models in most areas any longer. The 2007 model's special lease program varies depending upon what area one is in. In most of the country, the 2007 Volvo S60R's current 24 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value are .00187 and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00187 and 54%. In the Northeastern U.S., this car's lease program is a little better than this. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year its residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new car, biggerdaddynj. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi severancehall. The fact that you can lease your new Volvo through the "A-Plan" will enable you to get an attractive selling price on it without having to haggle. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Volvo Finance's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your car's monthly payment. If you tell me what state you are in, I can tell you what that number should be right now. I can even work up a lease payment on this car for you if you tell me the exact MSRP and selling price that you are able to get on it through the A-Plan.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi neednewcacar. The dealer that you spoke with is correct. Volvo's lease program varies by region. By far its most aggressive lease promotions are in the Northeastern U.S. It has its best lease promotions in the New York area, which probably includes New Jersey. Unfortunately, one can get a much lower monthly payment on a lease of a Volvo there than they can get in California right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi 3rdvolvo. It is difficult to say how good this deal is without knowing this car's full MSRP and selling price. These numbers will show us how much off a discount you are being given on your car and they will enable us to use Volvo Finance's actual lease program to estimate what its monthly payment should be. Let me know what these prices are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ironman2ironman2 Member Posts: 2
    Is the following a good deal:

2006 Volvo S60, Premium Package, Sport Package, Met. Silver, Automatic MSRP: $35,675

For 36 month lease, 12K miles a year - $2,000 down and $357 a month. (includes all fees i.e. tax, title, acq. fee, etc.)
  • nycarsnycars Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Has anyone heard about any deals similar to the one being offered last month for 289 per month?
    From what i have heard, the deal is over. The same vehicle I got S 60 climate premium for $299. month is now $349 a month. I took advantage of it last month, and am trying to get the same deal for a buddy. Its just not available.
  • acm741acm741 Member Posts: 7
    This is in Connecticut on behalf of my father. Want to make sure he's not being taken for a ride...

For a 2007 S60 w/ premium, climate and metallic paint and an MSRP of $37,575, he has been quoted a purchase price of $33,145.

For a 39 mo., 10k/yr lease, he's been quotes a monthly payment of $499.26 including 6% CT sales tax with $1,877 down (which includes first month's payment).

Do you have the current residual % and money factors on S60's for Sep. through Volvo finance?

Also, there are obviously incentives at work here since the purchase price is lower than invoice - do you have details of what the incentives are?

Thanks in advance!
  • severancehallseverancehall Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, car man. Decided to buy a Zephyr on the Ford A plan w/ a 72 mo. purchase @ 0% interest. $500 down = $425/mo. with a $28.8K buy price for leather, THX stereo, moon, dual power seats, 6 cyl., black on black, etc. The S60 will have to wait. Darn ... always wanted a Volvo.