Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo S80 Lease Questions

Comments

• shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Hello Car man,
    Can you give me the Volvo Finance current Money factor and residual value for 24 month lease with 19500 miles a year?

Thanks
  • shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    The car I am interested in is S80 T6 2008 model.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, shellz. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 S80 T6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 72%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00213 and 59%. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Volvo S80 V8 with 12,000 miles per year are .00054 and 67%. Its 36 month numbers are .00159 and 56%. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Wow, you do a lot of driving shawn757. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Volvo S80 T6 with 19,500 miles per year are .00165 and 67%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • valmacvalmac Member Posts: 1
    I am currently negotiating with 2 dealers on the price of a new S80 (to ultimately lease). I am eligible for the X Plan price as well as all associated promotions / incentives. However, both dealers are pushing me to the A Plan price (which is lower).

My question is why would they do that? Are they not obligated to give me all available incentives under the A Plan where they are if I ask under the X Plan? What is the catch? Can anyone advise? Thanks!
  • sparty411sparty411 Member Posts: 5
    Hey Car Man:

I also posted this in the S60 forum, as I have questions on both models. I spoke to my Volvo sales consultant yesterday and he mentioned that Volvo just announced aggressive lease programs on S60s and S80s. I am considering both models, so I would be curious if you knew the current MF and residual for both (24 mo and/or 36 mo; 12K per year). I was in the car, so I couldn't write down the numbers but I think he said there is $6500-$7000 lease support on the S60 and S80. We are coming off lease in February (V70), and I don't know if any loyalty cash is out there as well. I just would like to be prepared before I go in to see him next weekend. Any info would be great.

Thanks.
  • jabberjabber Member Posts: 64
    Hey sparty, have you gone back to your sales guy? What did he say? I believe this might be an alternative lease program. Do you know how much support there is, and what the best bank is?
  • natgornatgor Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,
    can you please let me know the money factor and residual value for 24 month lease for Volvo S80 3.2.

Thanks.
  • mrdriftymrdrifty Member Posts: 7
    Hi Carman,

Requesting current money factor and residual for 36 month lease on the 2008 S80 & the S80T6 for 15K miles a year.

Also, Volvo is providing $3250 cash to dealer on the S80 through Feb. In your opinion, how much of this $3250 could I apply to a cap cost reduction?

Thank you very much and look forward to your response.
  • flufjetflufjet Member Posts: 5
    Stopped by a nearby dealer today to inquire about leasing a 2008 S80 with AWD, 24 month, 12K per year, zero cap reduction, (note: we have excellent credit).

The dealer just emailed us the following outrageous quote:

"2008 Volvo S80 with all wheel drive and T6 engine leased through Volvo leasing:

Price: $44.455.00 + Title and License Fees
    Discount: $0
    Term: 24 months/12,000 miles annually
    Down Payment: $2,900
    Residual 61%
    Money Factor: 0.00522
    Monthly Payment $1,125-1,135.00 + Tax On Approved Credit"

Comments anyone?

Thanks!
  • szn1szn1 Member Posts: 12
    Wayyy too much money for a S80. Nice car but you are talking 1100 for a 45k car! You can get a BMW 550i(70k car) for about that much/month.

This is in USD right?
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    Residual 61% ?

Damn, that is quite a change from last time.
    $1,135 a month is ridiculous.
  • rhody_88rhody_88 Member Posts: 21
    The interest rate is 12.53%. I wonder how high the rate would be with an average credit rating. Even so, assuming you pay all taxes and fees up front (which I would not recommend), I calculate a monthly payment of $960.04.
  • jabberjabber Member Posts: 64
    That may be perhaps the worst deal I have ever seen! Certainly, I would recommend never to go back to that dealer, or even respond. If it were me though, I would tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Anyone know what the lease cash is right now on the S80 from Volvo?
  • amcdadamcdad Member Posts: 61
    Here's what I was told for the S80- 36 months - 15K miles:
    Residual: 49% (T6); 46% (V8)
    MF: .00197
    Lease money (taken off of sales price): $7000 (T6), $9000 (V8)

This was through a third party bank (not Volvo Finance) and expires Feb. 29.
    Hi natgor. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2008 Volvo S80 3.2 with 15,000 miles per year are .00005 and 64%, respectively. Keep in mind that this special lease program is only available on base models.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mrdrifty. Volvo's normal dealer cash incentives are not available on leases, but Volvo is providing a special $1,500 cash incentive that is. For some reason, it appears as though Volvo is only running a special lease program through Volvo Finance on base 2008 S80 3.2 models. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 S80 3.2 base with 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 52%, respectively.

If you want to lease a different version of this car, you would probably be best off doing so through an independent bank and taking advantage of the special cash incentive of $7,000 that is available on leases of 3.2 2WD and T6 models through banks other than Volvo Finance.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrdriftymrdrifty Member Posts: 7
    Thank you Carman. If anyone is interested, these are the lease numbers I got for the 2008 Volvo S80 T6 AWD, 3 year, 15K year, black/black, climate package/personal car comm., sat. radio prep, 18" venator chrome wheels.

I got the car on 1/31.

MSRP $45,085
    Invoice $43,210
    Adj. Cap Cost $34,239
    MF .00209
    Residual 49%
    Drive off (including 1st payment) $1719

Payment $446.10 + Tax ($481.67)

Dealership: Ontario Volvo, Ontario, California

Thank you again for your response.
  • tommyboy10tommyboy10 Member Posts: 1
    I am picking up a Volvo S80 3.2 6 w/climate package color black sandlewood interior this week for:

$579.00
    36 moth lease
    19,500 miles/year

1st payment due at pickup

Good Deal??
  • tomlinsonc1tomlinsonc1 Member Posts: 1
    Local dealer is offering S80 3.2, MSRP $40,325. 27 Month Lease, 12,000 miles per year, $339/month. $795 bank fee + first payment= $1,134 at signing
    That is pretty good.
    Take it
  • beardiebeardie Member Posts: 44
    I'll pick up my S80 next week....very similar numbers to what you found. I shopped around a lot, and couldn't come close to this deal. I'm coming out of an ES330 which has a lower MSRP, and yet they want over $100 more per month to lease a new one! I just hope the Volvo meets expectations, but hey, it's only 27 months! I also got Black w/ sandlewood interior. I hope the interior won't be impossible to keep clean (not that black is easy either!).
  • crestonavecrestonave Member Posts: 209
    I just stopped at my local Volvo dealer here in Suffolk County on Long Island in NY.
    With no negotiation he offered me a 27 month lease on a T6 with BLIS and a couple of other options (I didn't write anything down because I was just poking around but the MSRP was around 44500). Negotiated price was around 35000, residual 63%, money factor .0022, payments around 411/mo with no cap cost reduction. I thought this was pretty aggressive pricing.
  • jkosibajkosiba Member Posts: 1
    Hey,
    That is a great deal. What dealer is offering that price?
  • s60leasers60leaser Member Posts: 61
    That sounds great! What dealer?
  • penn2penn2 Member Posts: 128
    Host & others

To add to these great offers, I was offered in writing(email) from two dealers (their INITIAL offer by the way) almost identical for the following 36 mos/12K yr lease. Not pulling the trigger until Mar though

'08 S80 V8
    Climate
    Sport
    DynAudio

no money down - Monthly paymennt $548 incl tax
    out of pocket @ $1,560 due at signing (tags, bank fees, etc)

I believe this to be fairly good but but neither dealer would provide specifics as to what gets them to the quote (ie selling price, MF, etc).though they acknowledged the $9k of cash available for the V8 ($7K for the T6 I believe).

Host - can you provide me what is current MF/residual for above term and if you know whether they can/will use their buy rate? Is MF likely to change in March?

thank you!!
    That is a great payment.

I would say, pull the trigger now, as incentives and residual/money factor can change for March
  • jay2001jay2001 Member Posts: 19
    Just got a 24 mos/ 10.5k lease quote on a base (no climate, non-metallic) S80 3.2 :
    $415 / month incl NJ tax
    $0 down, $0 due @ signing
    What do you guys think? Would I be able to get it under $400 ? :confuse:
    Thanks.
    You might be hitting bottom already.

The best Ive seen was 399 (with 7% tax included) and $1,000 out of pocket. And that was a a super deal.

$415 with tax and $0 due at signing sound like the best deal to me.
    Forgot to mention the $300 "disposition fee" they charge at the end :mad:
    Has anyone ever heard of such fee? :confuse:
    Standard on all Volvo Leases. There is no way around it, except, if getting a new Volvo when the current lease expires.
  • exhaustexhaust Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know what the lease payment would be for a T6 AWD S80 with an MSRP of 45,790 (dynaudio pkg./climate pkg./metallic paint) with $0 out of pocket in the NY/NJ area?
    Well, as a frame of reference(I am in southeast PA) I just signed on Feb 29 for the following(and this updates previous post)

08 S80 V8 - MSRP $55,450
    Climate
    Sport
    DynAudio

Selling Price 41,010

Term: 12K mi/36 mos
    0 down

Monthly Payment incl tax $532

They also deducted my last months payment on my Audi lease($658) resulting in closing costs of @ $970

MF was .00168
    Residual not so good at 47%

Believe this is a pretty good deal

So - since you're after T6 with less options, you should expect considerably better deal

Good luck
  • exhaustexhaust Member Posts: 6
    Wow that deal looks great! I'm hoping to keep my payment in the $420-$440 a month range.
    Well, all things being equal and extrapolating what I got for hte V8, that should be no problem

Although my deal was predicated on signing by end of Feb, as they did not know if money offered on V8(9k) would be available come March. I believe there's 6K or 7K offeed on the T6

So - a good starting point, based on numbers from my deal would be to start and at invoice and deduct the 6K or 7K for your T6

again - good luck
    Here's the offer I got:

Titanium Grey/Black S80 T6 with Sport, Dynaudio, PCC, BLIS, Climate, park assist, and a free navigation system (nav is $750 value)
    15k/36 months lease
    MSRP: $49,970 (does not include free nav)
    Invoice: $46,692
    Sales price is invoice minus $6500 (dealer keeping $500 of $7000 alternative lease incentive)= $40,192
    Residual: 49%
    MF: .00165
    6% tax
    Out of pocket: $1835.35 (549.47 first payment, 72.78 tax, 163 Regist, 325 Doc, 725 Acq fee)

Monthly Pmt: 549.57

Thoughts?
  • truffles1truffles1 Member Posts: 20
    sounds like a good offer, however I think the cost is not low enough, you are showing only a 3300 spread below MSRP. Are they charging you for advertising? Also, I think the dealer should eat the 500, these cars are not selling.
    Thanks truffles 1- although the spread is a lot more than $3300 below MSRP; the MSRP is $49,970, the invoice price is $46,692, and my negotiated price is $40,192 - about $9700 under MSRP.

I take your point on the $500- and did think about it. I am sure I could have negotiated for the $500- there is a small holdback here too- but the salesperson was honest, he didn't try to sell me anything I didn't need, he was candid about "useless" options, even if they were on cars he had in stock, he looked for 2 weeks to track down the exact model/options I wanted, and he basically didn't pull any b.s.- I'm happy to nickel and dime a sleazy salesperson, and have done it, but the relatively honest ones should be able to make some money. I'm not worried about the extra $15 a month I would have saved.

No advertising costs. I don't know if you are actively shopping the car, but the free nav this month is nice too....
    Thanks. One follow on: Does the 9700 include the approx 3,000 marketing incentive to dealers offered by the manufacturer? In other words, is the beginning cost of 46,692 reflective of the 3,000 in marketing incentives? I believe the 7,000 bank fee is intact and unaffected by beginning negotiated cost.
    Slight correction: I meant to say 7000 bank discount, not bank fee.
    Hmmm....I was told that the $3250 marketing incentive is for Volvo Financial Services leases and can't be applied to the third party bank lease and it's $7000 lease incentive. So, the $9700 is just invoice minus $6500.....But, have you heard that the two can be combined? That would make a huge difference!

Does our Host know the answer to the above?
    You are probably correct, the two may not be able to be combined. Does the host know? Good luck in your lease. I recently purchased 2 XC90's and actually like them better than the S80's I drove, even though they are slower. I like the idea of 6 -7 years of the same design and time to correct design and manufacturing glitches.
    I understood the third party bank incentive to be 7000 for T6 models and $9500 for V8's...but, there are several posts here that indicate a sales price that is more than $7000 under invoice for T6's and more than $9500 below invoice for V8's (and apparently no cap cost reduction)- is anyone aware of some other incentive that can be combined with the third party bank incentives listed above? Car Man?

Thanks..
  • kawterkawter Member Posts: 2
    Here was my best offer in OC CA. It seems prety good to me as it is a little cheaper (w/better car) than the advertised lease when you back out the down payment

any thoughts

2008 S-80 T6 AWD
    Black/Black Leather Interior
    Climate Package
    Personal Car Communicator
    18" Chrome Wheels
    Complimentary Navigation System with Bluetooth an MP3 Capability

36 Months Lease
    15,000 Miles per Year
    $1,500 Drive-Off
    $511 per Month Tax included (Orange County Sales Tax)
  • andyukandyuk Member Posts: 1
    Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Base 2008 S80 3.2 24mth/10.5k miles - $338 per month (ex tax) 1995 down cap reduction.

Thanks
    kawter- That looks pretty good- I put the terms of my best offer in an earlier post (message 89). I had some additional options, but your deal sounds roughly comparable....

What was your MSRP, Negotiated selling price, residual, and MF? Did the $1500 include first month's payment? Also, besides the free nav, what other incentives were applied (I am assuming you did the third party bank lease with the $7000 incentive).

Thanks! I just want to make sure I am not leaving any incentive on the table in my deal...
  • akhan2akhan2 Member Posts: 4
    In case anyone is interested, we just signed on a Volvo S80 in socal at the Volvo Of Calabasas yesterday (03/14). I didnt want to deal with Sales ppl so went directly to Internet Manager, Francisco Rodriguez. Here's the deal, we got

2008 S-80 3.2
    Ice White/Beige Interior
    Premium Leather Sports Seats
    Sports Package
    Volvo Navigation (this is the nice built in nav - not the Garmin nuvi)
    Climate Package
    Venator 18" Chrome Wheels

36 Months Lease
    15,000 Miles per Year
    $1,500 Drive-Off
    $452 per Month Tax included (Los Angeles Sales Tax)

I called and visited 8 volvo dealerships before signing on this deal and its surprising, i got quotes from $470 to $732 (yes 732! - for same specs). I don't think it gets any better for me. He did have another offer for me but that was a bare-bone model which was as such:

2008 S-80 3.2
    Black/Black (basically they only have black interiors left now)
    Climate Package
    Venator 18" Chrome Wheels
    Garmin Nuvi navigation system

He priced this deal at:
    36 Months Lease
    15,000 Miles per Year
    $1,500 Drive-Off
    $379 per Month Tax included (Los Angeles Sales Tax)

Both deals were through Volvo financial and he still priced the deal taking incentives into consideration

Ok, well I've wasted too much time on here, i need to go take my car for a long drive see if this sports package is really worth the extra 2k :)
    Good luck guys!
    I ended up paying $383 plus tax on the base model ($39450 msrp)
    $0 due at signing. 24 months, 10.5K a year. The lease was through Volvo Financial.
    The price was in lieu of the Garmin Nuvi GPS. With the GPS the payment would have gone up by $30.
    Good luck.
    Akhan2
    $379 per month sounds like a terrific deal !!! Especially including tax.
    Just curious, did the $1500 include all the fees such as 1st month, DMV, bank fee etc? Was there any additional down-payment?
    What was the MSRP on the car , the M/F, the residual ?
    Because from what I've been told , the special rates through Volvo Financial only apply to the base model and only for 24 months/10.5 K per year.
    Thank you and enjoy your new wheels :shades:
    Car Man (or anyone else who knows)- Can this month's $3500 Dealer Cash be combined with any of the lease incentives (Volvo Finance or third party)?

Thanks!