Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo V50 Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• dilberticdilbertic Member Posts: 63
    Anyone got any good prices on the Volvo T5 AWD wagon? trying to get and idea how much a loaded car would cost vs the bmw 3 IX wagon and the Audi A4 Q Avant

Thanks,

Dil
  • mikeg77mikeg77 Member Posts: 1
    I'm contemplating a current lease deal on the 2009 v50 of

MSRP = 31,650
    Sale Price = 23,327
    Plus 1k rollover on current lease
    $0 down
    $604 due at signing
    .0025 money factor = 6%(I think)
    ------------------------------------------------------
    $439/month

Anyone have an opinion on this? Another option is to hold out till January when my current lease is up, but incentives rate may change.... All opinions on current deal and options are welcome..

Thanks
  • dtmcgarrydtmcgarry Member Posts: 5
    Hello, I'm looking at V50s, 2009, 2.4i. What would the MF and residual be for

#1 with
    - leather
    - climate
    - metallic paint
    - MSRP $33025

#2 with
    - leather
    - climate
    - metallic paint
    - boosters
    - BLIS
    - MSRP $34020

on a 3yr/36k-mile lease through Volvo.

Also, what is Volvo's acquisition fee?

Thanks
  • chicagoSchicagoS Member Posts: 6
    I talked to a dealer today who said that Volvo is offering $4,750 in "lease assistance" for leasing a V50. Does anyone know how this works? Is it a straight deduction from the negotiated sales price, or is it more complicated than that? :confuse:
  • marys236marys236 Member Posts: 90
    Is that on the 2009 model? Does anyone know the MF and RV on a 2009 V50, base model (2.4i), 36/45k, in Oklahoma?
  • chicagoSchicagoS Member Posts: 6
    Sorry I forgot to specify. That was on a 2009 V50 5T R-Design, but I believe it applies to both types of 2009 V50s. I think it is actually called "alternative lease assistance" and I am thinking it may be an incentive that Volvo gives you if you get your loan with an alternative bank rather than through Volvo Finance but I could be wrong.

I am also curious about MF and RV for the 2009 5T R-Design on a 48mo/10k lease in Chicago. Edmund's calculator seems to suggest the residual for this arrangement is around 44%.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi dtmcgarry. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 V50 2.4i with 12,000 miles per year are .00176 and 47%, respectively. Volvo Finance's current base lease acquisition fee is $595.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi chicagoS. What you were told is correct. Volvo is currently providing a $4,750 cash incentive for leases of 2009 V50 through banks other than Volvo Finance. One cannot combine this cash and the special lease money factor that Volvo is currently providing on this model.

If you opt to go with a non-Volvo Finance lease, negotiate the lowest possible selling price on the unit that you are interested in and then have the dealer subtract this incentive from that.

Car_man
    Host
  • thenukesthenukes Member Posts: 2
    Just a heads up and a thank you...

Found this discussion after months of exhausting car shopping. (New, used, lease, etc.) I'm a Volvo owner, but the new models were just out of my price range.

Well, using the incentive offer I found out about here, I got my wife a new V50 lease this week! I got an EXCELLENT price. Totally hit my target and probably wouldn't have without the lease incentive.

I highly suggest anyone shopping get out there right now and at least look into it. I wonder if any other manufacturers are doing the same? I looked into Mitsubish and NIssan, but neither of them were willing to bargain on a lease rate at all. (Odd, considering the state of the auto-industry.)

Anyway, thanks again for sharing the info. We're elated about this car.
    You're very welcome, thenukes. I'm glad that you got a good deal. If you'd like, you can hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • ukgirlukgirl Member Posts: 8
    Do any of you know what a good deal is on a 2009 V50, with a sticker price of around $30,000? We looked at the base model today and the dealer offered us a lease of $1,000 down (including 1st month payment, tax, license etc) and $390 per month including tax for 3 years, 12,000 miles a year. Does anyone know if this is a good deal or if I can negotiate less?? The residual at the end of the lease is $12,000.
    Thank you.
    ps. we live in Southern CA.
  • im4sockeyeim4sockeye Member Posts: 14
    I am sure this has been explained but I don't know where to find it. Volvo is offering dealers a large incentive $4,500 to $6,000 to send the lease to other finance companies, e.g. US Bank. Why doesn't the dealer just reduce the price for a cash buyer by a like amount?

I have been offered a 2009 V50 2.4 with a cap cost in the $22K; .0025 MF and a 40% residual (36mo/12K). This seems like market to me but it uses the incentive to get the cap cost down.

I have enough room on my HELOC to borrow and pay cash, but the dealer won't let me buy it for the cap cost.

Does anyone know if I leased it and purchased the car through early termination the next day if I would have to pay a stiff penalty?
  • murphy4murphy4 Member Posts: 92
    I currently lease a V50 and it is due March 2010. Because a change in my job last year, I will run out miles and warranty in August 2009.

Do I take advantage of cheap financing and get out early? I will be charge .18/mile, I will be looking at a $1,800 charge at the end for excess and no warranty starting next month
  • aga3aga3 Member Posts: 2
    Could you help me to find out what should be my lease payment on volvo v50
    I am in Chicago and i would like to lease as soon as is possible.
    and how i get a lease from other financial institution than volvo (if that gives me still better price ?)
  • murphy4murphy4 Member Posts: 92
    US Bank
  • tenmilertenmiler Member Posts: 26
    I'm looking at a '10 V50 T5 R Design AWD, and am wondering:

1. Are there incentives out there for the dealer right now? I know there are for the XC70, but I hear different things. Dealer says "no" but Edmunds says $1250 goes to dealer on the V50. Looking for a confirmation

2. My deal so far with little negotiation is:
    2010 V50 R, Booster, Climate, Metallic, Preferred, Multimedia, Xenon, Off black leather, Manual, 48 months, 10K/year
    $38,900 MSRP (Not sure what the actual cap price is, believe it's 36,471)
    36% Value
    14,004 Residual
    $795 cap reduction
    MF: .0030
    $1300 due at signing (cap red and first pmt)

Would love some insight. Also looking at an A4 Avant, which is a bit larger.
    Hi tenmiler. The $1,250 dealer cash that you read about definitely exists. The dealer denied that it does in an effort to pocket the cash. This sort of thing happens all the time.

Car_man
    Host
  • biancarbiancar Member Posts: 965
    Is there still any dealer money out there now? I'm comparing the V50 to the Subaru Outback, so far like the V50 the best. Any deals I should be aware of?

Does anyone know if the V50 is due for a redesign any time soon, or will this model still be "current" for the next couple years, at least?
  • volvobuffvolvobuff Member Posts: 35
    There is a minimal $1250 lease subvention if you lease through US Bank, which is now Volvo's "preferred" lessor. However, this is available only through the end of this month. Volvo has announced that they are discontinuing subventions on the S40 and V50 effective April 1st.
  • biancarbiancar Member Posts: 965
    What about if you buy instead of lease, is there any money for that?
  • volvobuffvolvobuff Member Posts: 35
    $1000 if you currently own or lease a Volvo or Saab. There is also a 2.9 APR six-year loan available through US Bank. These are both good only through the end of March.
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 155
    volvobuff,

Where did you get the information that they will be discontinuing subventions on the S40 and V50? Will the 2.9% financing disappear as well? Does this apply to the sub vented money factor and residual as well, meaning they will likely go to standard rates? Will they be adding the money towards other vehicles, such as the S80, XC-60, and XC-90? It seems they already added an extra $1,000 cash towards the S80 in conjunction with the 0% financing.

Thanks
    Hi biancar. According to the latest information that I have seen, Volvo is currently offering $1,250 dealer cash on the 2010 V50.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.