Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• bomb27bomb27 Member Posts: 8
    Sorry, let me clarify. $5000 due at signing, $250 a month for 24 month is $11,000. The the cost to walk away from the lease and take the car is 63% * $45,200 = 28476, or roughly $28500.

ADD these two numbers together, and yes, it's $39,500 for a $45,200 car.
    But 45,200 is the MSRP--the invoice on this car is more like 41908. Which means I'm getting $2408 off the invoice, and $5700 off the MSRP.

Does that seem more in line? This is the deal I'm getting for sure.
    Granted this is why I am pursuing this lease deal--you have to ask for the $299 promotion offered in the tri-state area and ask for the Garmin promotion AND the trade in promotion to be factored into the lease. That totals $1250 OFF the 2 year lease, which by my calculations, makes this lease deal a 0% interest lease deal.
  • ferkyferky Member Posts: 20
    Well it doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense to me, but using your numbers and assuming that the full $5,000 due at signing is a cap cost reduction, then I agree with your figure of roughly $250/mo. before interest and tax. However, I don't know of any banks providing 0% lease financing -- there is no incentive for them to do so. You have either stumbled on a terrific deal (except for the $5,000 down - is that your figure or the dealer's? Could you still get 0% money factor with much less down?) or someone has made a mistake.

Good luck and keep us informed. If anyone else has additional light to shed on this deal, I've love to hear it. :confuse:
    I believe I have the flexibilty to structure the deal with less down and more in payments, and I plan to do so--perhaps even trying to make it 2500 down and 354 a month.
    Again, I think I stumbled upon a combo that is really unique and YMMV, your mile may vary...
    Find a dealership doing the tri state area $299 for a 7 pass AWD 3.2L, with $4989 down, who is ALSO doing both the GPS deal AND the $500 trade in deal. And then get them to make all of these subtract against the lease.

I'll tell you guys what comes out of tomorrows transaction and post all the final details.
    MSRP
    $47695

Residual of 63%
    $30048

2 year lease with 10500 miles
    $400 * 24 months + $2800 down = 12400 (there is also 1840 in tax, title, dock, 1st payment which I will not include)

Lease cost(12400) + Residual(30048) = 42448

Savings off or MSRP
    MSRP (47695) - (Lease + Residual) = $5247 off MSRP
    Invoice (44018) - (Lease + Residual) = $1570 off Invoice

After taxes, 1438.95 (removed the $400 1st payment) I pay $140 off invoice.

Not the most impressive price for a straight up purchase, but for a 2 year lease, it's not bad I think.

bo
  • scottso2scottso2 Member Posts: 3
    Hads anyone seen this new lease special on the 2008 xc90 in the tri state area?
    MSRP 42500
    Cap Cost ~35000
    Cap Cost reduction 2995
    36 mos/12K miles
    residual 21275 (47.5%)
    mf .002
    pmt $399

Looks like a good deal to me. It even posses the possibilty of buying out at below market in 3 years, maybe..

Another thing Volvo is takign me out of my remaining volvo lease (3/mos at $500 a month).

Am i missing something?

Thanks
    Sorry thats an MSRP of $45200; not 42500
  • djrudjru Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if anyone has leased/purchased the XC 90 3.2 AWD Special Edition yet, if so what their numbers looked like.

Also, can someone please tell me what the money factor and residual is for this car on a 3 year lease?
    Thanks
  • jperrapatojperrapato Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me what dealer you received the above lease special from in the tri-state area? I am looking for a similiar deal but need to be bought out of my current lease which has 4 mos remaining ($450/mnth). I wen to the dealer this past weekend and received a quote of $550/month (no money down).
  • nvnick1nvnick1 Member Posts: 9
    Carman -

I think I missed the boat by waiting until April; can you tell me the current money factor, residual, and any lease cash available this month. In March, the 24 month lease was the best deal; I'll go 24mo or 36mo depending on current offers with 12k miles/yr. Looking at either the XC90 or the 09 Lexus RX 350 (I assume all 08's are gone by now; I think the 09's went on sale in early February). If you have the Lexus info (Toyota is regional; I'm in Indiana), can you put that in your reply; I'll also post in the RX forum. Thanks! Great forum.
    This was at Volvo of Danbury but the special expired March 31st. I turned it down becasue they would not take me out of my remaining 3 months on my Volvo lease ($500.mnth).

I'm sure it will come around again probably in June.
  • taracartertaracarter Member Posts: 1
    Hi there --

I have gotten a dealer offer on a XC90 Lease for a 2008 model with DVD, leather seats.

Selling price: 38K
    MSRP: 49K
    Buyout: 22.7K
    5.5%
    36 months
    12,000/year milage
    5,200 down (includes tax and first month)
    monthly payment: $500/month

Thank you.
    Just wondering if the current $4,250 marketing support that is good thru June 30th can be used inconjunction with a lease thru Volvo, or only one written by a third party, ie Chase or another bank???
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    That money is for purchase only.
  • jordon26jordon26 Member Posts: 5
    I'm interested in the following vehicle:

2008 Volvo XC90 3.2T FWD 5-Passenger
    Wood Steering Wheel
    BLIS w/Power Folding Rear View Mirrors
    Premium Package
    Volvo Navigation w/Real Time Traffic
    Park Assistance Camera
    Convenience Package
    MSRP $45174

Does anyone know the residual and money factors for a 36-mo. South FL lease?
    I see a lot of posts on 24-mo. leases, but not much on 36-mo. leases.

Thanks!
    Hi nvnick1. Lexus Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Lexus RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00190 and 56%.

For the sake of comparison, Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 AWD 7 passenger with 12,000 miles per year are .00168 and 58%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00209 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum

Carman posted this in the Lexus RX forum.
  • investorcginvestorcg Member Posts: 1
    Did I get a good deal on my lease, which I signed yesterday :

3 yr / 15,000 miles ........ 3.2 AWD

Climate Package
    Versatility Package
    Premium Package
    Convenience Package
    Blue metallic paint

$4000 out of pocket (includes all taxes, fees, 1st month, etc...no other charges)
    $500 a month

What do you think?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi nvnick1. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 XC90 3.2 AWD 7 pass with 15,000 miles per year are .00168 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease are .00209 and 47%. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $3,500 cash incentive that is currently available on Volvo Finance leases of it into account. There is an additional $1,000 incentive for current XC90 lessees.

Car_man
    Host
    Volvomax is right, nvnick1. The $4,250 cash incentive that you mentioned is only available on XC90s that are paid for with cash or financed through a bank other than Volvo Finance. Having said this, Volvo is currently providing a $3,500 cash incentive on leases of this model through Volvo Finance. In addition to that, it is providing another $1,000 to current XC90 lessees.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jordon26. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Volvo XC90 3.2T 2WD 5-passenger with 15,000 miles per year are .00247 and 46%, respectively. The money factor for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but its residual value would be 2% higher. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $3,500 lease cash and $1,000 XC90 owner loyalty cash that are currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • mattiefebmattiefeb Member Posts: 8
    I would really appreciate someone helping me with my lease negotiations. I love the XC90 and am surprised that I went into a Volvo dealership yesterday and found it within my price range. I didn't sign anything yet, and I am happy because it seems that the deals here are better and I really need help negotiating. My first offer from delership is:
    MSRP - $38,700
    Down incl inception and taxes - $3,000
    Payment $598 for 33 months
    I don't know any of the other details, residual or money factor. What should they be?
    (I have $2,200 in remaining lease payments on my current car and this includes Volvo eating that $2,200)

Any ideas??
    Thanks, Mattie
  • mcg9900mcg9900 Member Posts: 1
    I was at a dealer in NJ and this was my quote: (#'s rounded off)

MSRP 45,000
    Selling Price 33,500
    $3020 Total due out of pocket
    $20,500 residual

36 mos $468
    42 mos $445

Has all the extras etc... I thought it was a good deal

Any thoughts?
  • hphiliphphilip Member Posts: 3
    Have an 06 XC90 V8 which is approaching lease end. Willing to purchase at market price which is substantially less than lease residual. Anyone know who to reach at Volvo Financial that can make that decision?
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    I dont think they will allow you to do so. Call Volvo Finance.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    VFNA doesn't negotiate.
  • spmspm Member Posts: 1
    great deal.
    Can you tell me the name of the leasing co.
    Also, the name of NJ Volvo dealer.
    Thanks,
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    I was wondering about the same. Please post what you find out. Thanks.
  • skoontzskoontz Member Posts: 21
    Hello Carman,

We were just at the Volvo dealership here in Austin yesterday. The sales person told us the only _attractive_ lease option on the XC90 was a 48 month lease term. This seems to differ from your information. Should we go back to the dealership and call "bs" on what they're saying?

Thank you,
    Sean
  • john255john255 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man.

Please provide the June money factors,residual values and any lease incentives on the XC90 for 36 and 48 months and 12k miles per year. Thanks!
  • bhloobhloo Member Posts: 1
    hi car man - thanks for all the helpful moderation on everything. my local volvo dealer (southern ca) is suggesting that the residual on 48 mo leases is 36% (THIRTY six %). i know u.s. bank got burned on plenty of that from a few years ago, but the 36% looks a lot different than some of the other numbers people have represented here in your blog. could this local dealer be quoting u.s. bank as opposed to volvo finance, or ? thanks!
  • stimstim Member Posts: 36
    ANY deals or numbers for a V8 XC90? Currently in a two year with a V8 that expires at the end of July. Currently paying about 428.00 per month with 3500 down. Includes ALL taxes for Missouri including personal property taxes. Car is basically loaded with the exception of Navigation and rear DVD in headrest. Have Xexon, convience, etc. Recall that this deal showed up sometime in July - toward the end as the 07's were starting to be shipped.

Would love to do the same - but the 08 V6 deals are not that sweet - currently
  • gpargpar Member Posts: 7
    Hello,

I was wondering if this was a good offer.

4 package, 6cyl, blis, metal paint wood steering wheel

39 month lease
    $1650 down
    15k miles/year
    $481 per month tax included?
    What is an acquisition fee? Is it negotiable?
    What is a disposition fee? Is it negotiable?
  • john255john255 Member Posts: 2
    What is a 4 package and blis? Do you know what bank the lease is through? Thx
  • hphiliphphilip Member Posts: 3
    Sitting on the same situation. If you come up with an answer please let me know. I'll commit to do the same.
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    NO and NO. The Acq. fee might be absorved by dealer incentives tho.
    Climate
    Versatility
    Premiun
    Convenience

BLIS Blind Spot Info System

I do not know the bank.

This is what the dealer offered. What are your thoughts?

New 2008 VOLVO XC90 AWD XC90 4dr Wgn 3.2L 7 Pass w/Snrf

Lease Term: 39
    Total Payment: 481.32
    Out of Pocket: 1,642.22
    MSRP: 48,695.00
    Residual: 20,451.90
    Mileage: 15,000

option 2 would be 36 months at $485.28 $1,642.22 due at signing
  • jperrapatojperrapato Member Posts: 2
    Looks like a great deal...where in NJ?
    Hello Sean. What you were told simply is not true. Volvo Finance's 36 month lease money factors for the '08 XC90 are actually lower than its 48 month money factors. Having said this, the additional twelve payments that you can spread out this vehicle's large initial depreciation hit out over might make a 48 month lease have a slightly lower monthly payment, but that does not necessarily make it the better deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi john255. The XC90's lease program varies by trim level. You never mentioned the exact XC90 that you want, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a '08 XC90 3.2 AWD with 5-passenger seating. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of this vehicle with 12,000 miles per year are .00212 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00226 and 40%.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $3,500 lease cash that is currently available on it. There is an additional $1,000 loyalty incentive on top of this if you are a current XC90 lessee.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, bhloo. The 36% residual value that you were quoted for Volvo Finance is slightly low...but not that far off. Volvo Finance's 48 month residual values for the '08 XC90 vary by trim level, but they range from 37% to 38% for leases with 15,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gpar. Volvo Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Individual dealers are not allowed to waive this charge. You can either pay it at lease signing or roll it into your vehicle's capitalized cost to make it part of your monthly payment.

Many banks charge a disposition fee of a couple hundred dollars at lease-end as well. I do not know if Volvo Finance charges one, but I would not be surprised if it does. Consumers who lease another vehicle from the same bank are usually able to have this charge waived.

Car_man
    Host
  • tmbtexastmbtexas Member Posts: 1
    Can you please tell me the name, location, and contact for your Volvo dealer? This seems like a decent offer, and would like to explore myself. Thanks.
  • volvo4life94volvo4life94 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking into leasing an XC90 special edition with zero down and for about 36 months. I live in Lake County Illinois if that makes a difference and I don't really understand most of the terms used in this forum except for the actual cost per month. Thanks in advance!
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    what is the XC 90 special edition? is it different from R-design?
  • shermtimeshermtime Member Posts: 4
    Yes, please advise which dealer is that in what NJ city? That deal looks sweet! What is the $1,642.22 due on signing for, and what are the monthly taxes incorporated into the $485.28 lease price? Did you happen to get a quote as well for 12,000 miles/year?

Finally, does anyone know what is likely to happen in July, or is there any risk that the dealer incentive of $7500 could vanish in whole or in part?
    !
    Please advise ASAP
  • dyx121dyx121 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, Did you get a location for this reply in NJ.
    Please advise ASAP
    No, unfortunately, I did not get a reply. And I suspect that this is not accurate information. You know the old saying, "when something is too good to be true, it probably isn't"! I have spoken to a couple of Volvo dealers today, including one in New Jersey, who have convinced me that no dealer would ever offer this low monthly with that minimum down payment. The best deal I've gotten thus far for a fully loaded XC90 (in Connecticut) for a 3 year, 12,000 mile lease, AWD, with Nav and Bluetooth, is $575 (plus payment of my last lease payment on my non-Volvo leased car). This rate is good only through today, June 30th, and is subject to change based on interest rates and residual value as of July 1st. The $7500 dealer incentive should remain in effect, however, through July 7th, I understand. Has anyone found a better deal?
    Did YOU ever get a reply to your inquiry? See my recent #1060 reply which was similar to yours... Given my further research on this, I now really doubt those are accurate numbers, don't you? Please let me know what you think about this. Thanks! Karen
  • dyx121dyx121 Member Posts: 4
    Looking for a good deal in central NJ for 2008 volvo XC90 base package. Please advice
This discussion has been closed.