Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• hurley8564hurley8564 Member Posts: 5
    Hi
    I am currently getting a Deal in NJ for a

2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 AWD

For 48 Months with $0 due at signing
    for $494 a month with 15,000 miles.

Just wondering if this is a good deal.
    Please somebody respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE because i might be buying this car this week
    Thanks.
  • doug09doug09 Member Posts: 9
    MSRP, Invoice, MF, and Residue??
    And Adj Cap Cost...
    The MS RP is $31,658
    with a residual of 19,360
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,935
    The MS RP is $31,658

ummmm... no its not.
    MSRP means sticker price. Ain't no XC90 that stickers for $31k.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Yes the base price is 31,658 im getting an amazing price from this dealer
    OK. Let's try again.
    MSRP is NOT the price you get from the dealer. MSRP is what is printed on the window sticker at the factory. The XC90's MSRP STARTS at around $37k. Your SELLING price, however, may be $31k.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

O
    Sorry about that the MSRP is $45,200
  • etimesetimes Member Posts: 2
    Basic Model
    MSRP $36,995
    Gross Cap $26,255
    Adj Cap $25,690
    Residual $15,168
    $1000 down includes 1st pmnt
    36 mo lease
    12k miles/yr

Not sure about this but rent charge $2795, I assume this involves MF?
    Trying to figure out apr?
    Please let me know if you think this is a good deal and about the rent charge? Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    The rent charge is the total finance charges on the lease..

Divide that number by the term (36 months), and that gives you the monthly finance charge...

Divide the monthly finance charge by the sum of the adjusted cap and the residual, and that gives you the money factor..

In this case, it is .0019

Multiply .0019 by 2400 to get the roughly equivalent APR, which is 4.56%.

Don't focus on the money factor, though... The cheap lease payment comes from the big discount from MSRP...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• etimesetimes Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the explanation on money factor and rent charge. Does the big discount make up for a higher APR in this case? Overall, does this look like a good deal for a lease? This is my first experience leasing and trying to get a feel for what a good lease shoud be. Thanks again.
  • jmonty1971jmonty1971 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, what dealer was this?
  • jmonty1971jmonty1971 Member Posts: 3
    How does this deal sound?

2008 v6
    metallic paint
    climate, versatility, premium, rear-seat entertainment packages
    39 months
    12k/year
    $1000 out of pocket for first month, etc.
    $610/month.

I have loyalty as I'll be turning in a 2006 XC90. I was hoping to do better for an 08. Any thoughts? Anyone done better with any dealers in the NYC/northern NJ area?
    This is a great deal.....it will be better if you choose 36 months (given the high residues)
    what is MSRP?
    check out the deals posted above you. Yours doesn't sound so hot when folks are getting lower payments with $0 out of pocket.

• zkaudiozkaudio Member Posts: 60
    So... upon signing my lease, I was informed that I have something like 1k in waived wear and tear... anyone know if the 1k allowance is also for mileage excess? Or does that 1k only apply to wear/tear items? Also, is volvo/ford credit known for dinging leaseholders excessively upon lease turn in? I just had great experiences returning BMW and Infiniti cars, hoping Volvo is as easy as they were.
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    They are great. Mileage is not covered of course.

I turned in my car on Feb this year, and had $0 used of the allowance. Car had a couple of dings, and scratched leather on the front seat.

More info here:
    http://www.volvocarfinance.com/lease/features_benefits.jhtml
  • fluid15fluid15 Member Posts: 60
    I return mine end of September. I'll follow up this thread. At this point, mine is in pretty good shape. Just one or two small dents/scratches. Interior in good condition.

Anyone know how/if they address the maintenance schedule? I've done most of the oil/filter/fluid changes on my own, so they only have a few records at their dealership.
  • thechairman1thechairman1 Member Posts: 13
    Interested in leasing a 2008 3.2 AWD in northern NJ. 12,000 miles per year, 36 months. What is the current residual and money factor on the lease, and are there any lease incentives being offered by Volvo? Many thanks.
  • stimstim Member Posts: 36
    They just did my V8's inspection recently, don't think they checked records but they could through the dealer. If the scratch and dent is covered by the card they send you they won't charge. They did check tires, glass for chips,cracks. They guy is pretty through.
  • floridagatorfloridagator Member Posts: 2
    We just leased a 2008 XC-90 3.2 V6 AWD. Premium

I really do not know what additional options it may have besides (sunroof, leather, third row).

51 month lease, 48,000K total miles (11,294 / year) through fifth third bank
    MSRP $42,675
    Price Paid: $28,058.23
    Total Fees: $2114 (Dealer Doc, Gap Insurance, Lessor Admin Fee)
    Adj Cap Cost $30,172.23
    Residual Value $14,791.70
    Total out of pocket $0
    Base payment $408.14
    Plus Local Tax: 6%

Based upon what we have researched, this appears to be a pretty good deal. This board has been very helpful so we wanted to share what we experienced.

We were looking at an XC90 and a Mazda CX-9 Touring with leather/sunroof. We really liked both vehicles for different reasons, but figured since both were about the same price per month with $0 down; the Volvo was the obvious choice.

This was purchased in Marietta, GA.
    51-month?

jeez
  • duck10duck10 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for a similar lease in Georgia, originally quoted $560 approx for a 3 year lease. Was there a significant difference in monthly lease between 3 and 4 years? I'm in Savannah, GA, can you provide the dealership and sales person name. Big difference monthly between the 2. Appreciate info. Thank you DB
  • floridagatorfloridagator Member Posts: 2
    We purchased it from Nally. I called and specifically asked for the GM. I went with the 51 month lease versus the 48 or 36 due to the pmt.

The vehicle we purchased has the premium and versatility pkg.

I also spoke with Mark Kops the GM at North Point Volvo. On Friday he told me the best he could do was $475/mo for the same car based upon a 48 month lease.

The North Point quote actually seems more accurate as we received a call from the dealer today that they messed up with the residual by over $1000 (equating to the low lease price). They honored the deal and ate the difference.

Both dealers were very professional and Nally was easy to work with.

I recommend negotiating the discount off of MSRP. Based upon the price we paid, it appears that they went into their holdback quite a bit.

Your local dealer may come close knowing that you are willing to drive to Atlanta to purchase the vehicle.

The last car we purchased was a Mercedes R350. We got a local dealer to get close to the price of a dealer in Columbia SC knowing that we were willing to purchase it there.

Best of luck!
  • jonnyboy7jonnyboy7 Member Posts: 51
    Thank you, Car Man. What is involved in the "special lease program" in terms of residual, MF, and cash back?
  • duck10duck10 Member Posts: 2
    I just wanted to say thanks for the information. I continue to arm myself with information and plan to go into both the Savannah and Hilton Head dealerships this weekend.

DB
  • hphiliphphilip Member Posts: 3
    Gave it up and leased 4wd Lexus RX350. 36 mo. 12K miles $46.5 sticker. 2009 rather than 2008. 56% residual. Single payment $19.9 all up including taxes and fees.

Looks better than the currently advertised deal
    20K for 3 years sounds like a bunch of money to me, but to each its own.

Problem with lump sums is that in case of total loss, you are never going to see your money coming back to you.
  • christo2626christo2626 Member Posts: 2
    Looking around on the web, I stumbled across this Leasing Companytheleaseoutlet.com who deliver nationwide and have a really low payment posted for a Volvo Lease. http://www.theleaseoutlet.com/Auto/Volvo_Lease_Specials.aspx on their site. I wont post any numbers but you should go check them out if you get the chance............cheers ;)
  • 1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60
    How has the lease end / turn-in process been for you XC90 guys n gals? How are the Volvo dealers regarding excess wear and tear?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey thechairman1. Here's the info that you're looking for. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 XC90 3.2 AWD 5 Passenger with 12,000 miles per year are .00102 and 46%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that Volvo is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello jonnyboy7. Volvo Finance's residual values for the XC90 are pretty low, but it is providing special lease money factors and $2,000 lease cash available on it right now. Its special money factors vary by trim level, from .00022 to .00115.

Car_man
    Host
  • dicodocodicodoco Member Posts: 6
    hi all. first time long time.

is it true that for leasing the 2008 xc90 in august that a 36mos/12k lease will place a 40% (37% on V8s) residual on these cars?

isn't that crazy? i mean i guess it makes sense but c'mon!
    Think residual numbers are pretty accurate. Just had an out of town quote for a V8 in the color combo I'm interested (or was) and I almost had a stroke. For a V8 with premium leather and navi for a two year the price was something like 950 to 980 per month with 1500 down. Have Tier 0/1 credit rating. He tried Volvo Finance which was higher. The three year was 799-809 range same down. Really discounted as well to something like $41727 from list of 55K.

At these prices for basically a leftover to pay this amount is crazy. If they want to move cars they are going to have to subsidize for September as the 09's are well on their way - most XC90's are in port.

I looked at the monster QX56 from Infiniti which has a list of 59210 - fully loaded with more electronics then Volvo including navi, XM for free for three years, rear DVD, bluetooth phone integration, Ipod interface, power rear hatch and rear seats, heated wheel and front and rear heated.

Residual was and still is 60% and financing rate is .00007. Discounted pretty decently. Payment in the mid to upper 5's. Gas mileage isn't so great but acceptable at 18-19 on highway - real number had it for the night and tested it.

Love my 06 V8 but I'm only paying 349+taxes (per prop and state) for a grand total of 429 per month with 1500 down. Obviously heavily subsidized by Volvo. Unfortunately there are better deals out there and the residual is a deal killer.
    ... is anyone still leasing 2008 xc90s?

my deal (rough numbers):
    39m/39k
    V8 white with climate/BLIS
    msrp 50600
    lease price 34150
    residual 35%/MF .00194
    upfront 1950 (1st m/bank/mv/doc)
    555/m (tax included)
    :confuse:
    To use another sports radio analogy, welcome aboard dicodoco :). Volvo Finance's current residual values for the XC90 are definitely bad, but not quite that bad. Its 36 month, 12k residual for an '08 XC90 3.2 AWD is 46%.

Car_man
    Host
  • nevets8nevets8 Member Posts: 32
    I'm renewing 2 leases this quarter and was thinking about getting an xc90 for my wife & the s80 for myself. the local dealers have pretty aggressive lease packages on the 2008s right now, and i'm wondering what I should expect as further discount off the published numbers for getting 2 at once.

they quote 499 plus tax for the XC90 and
    419 plus tax for the S80

both no money down and 10,500 miles on 42 month leases.

any coaching here?
  • ellisn03ellisn03 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man - Wanted to get your read on this deal.

2008 Volvo XC90 (new not a demo) Sale price:$31,490 On a 36 month/15k per year lease term. Nothing down except first payment of $587.58 and have 35 additional payments of $587.58. The residual would be $15,746.50. The total of the payments is $21,152.88 + $15,746.50 yields a total price over the term of the lease of $36,899.38.
    I am likly to buy this out at the end of the lease (we keep cars a long time but they are willing to deal more on the lease).

I have not hit him with my trade in yet a 1996 Jeep Cherokee Country. 112K miles. Never been in a wreck, good condition for age. No mechanical problems. Normal wear and tear.

Thoughts? Should I keep shopping??

Thanks for all your help
  • dt78dt78 Member Posts: 5
    Based on what I have seen in recent posts, dealers are slashing prices pretty good. Looks like discounts of 10,000 or more from MSRP. Is there something I can use as a guide to start negotiations at? I'm looking to lease an XC 90 V6 with 2WD, with options will probably have an MSRP of 43-45K. Do I have a decent shot of getting a dealer to knock 10-12k of the sticker? I am in Los Angeles.
    Definately, have been getting quotes on V8's that list in the 55K range for about 41-42K without even walking into the showroom - all done over the phone. You should have no problem with a V6 there are still TONS on the lots and the 09's are starting to show on the lot as well.
  • frankf4frankf4 Member Posts: 1
    Looking at a lease on a 2008 XC90 V8 in CT. Car is loaded, all packages, versatility, etc. MSRP 48,825, Willow green paint, 12000/36 mos.

With incentives, dealer quotes price of $35,583 inc. 6% tax, not including fees, $0 otherwise out the door. This was the dealership test-driver- has 76 miles.

Money factor .00185, depreciation 37%, payment $610

Seems high to me. No allowance for 2008 depreciation, either. Thoughts?
  • jk764jk764 Member Posts: 17
    Hi All,

I am looking to lease basically a fully loaded 2008 AWD Volvo XC90 this weekend (either 3.2 or V8). I don't have much experience leasing cars - and in the two days I've taken to contact dealers by e-mail haven't gotten anywhere. Basically am asked "how much do you want to put down" and "when do you want to come in for a test drive." What I'm looking for are actual or average numbers to take with me when I go into the dealership so that I know I'm not getting taken for a ride. The questions I have are as follows:

Selling Price (what am I getting off of MSRP):
    Invoice:
    Money Factor:
    Residual Value:
    Bank fees:
    Drive off fees:
    Monthly Payment (assume $2500 down) excluding taxes:

Additional assumptions (36 month lease / 12k miles per year / live in Northern NJ / good credit).

Has anyone leased something similar? It would be great to have something in hand when I walk into a dealership.

THANKS!
    How does this deal sound?

MSRP for a 3.2 (loaded) XC90 = $47k
    My price = $38,000

Money factor is .00185 and residual is $18000.

For a 36 mth / 12k per year lease monthly payment is $700. Down payment of 2500.

Carman - I could use some advice!

Thanks in advance.
    well, for one thing, you are getting $9k off sticker. 2 posts above yours, someone posted a similarly priced vehicle but is getting $13k off. And the deal was $0 down and $610/mo for the same term and miles. Sounds like you have more room to negotiate.

its funny i was in the same exact boat. right down to the northern jersey part.

see my post from a few days back. that is what i got from scouring the internet sales folk in the area. i probably could have gotten lower, but i don't feel like i was taken for a ride.

i used the posts before mine to get an idea of how low they were going below invoice, and then tried to go a bit lower...

good luck! it's a nice car.
    Really?!? Can you tell me which dealer?

I am also considering a loaded Toyota Highlander (Limited) that has a MF of .00001. However, my wife is obsessed with the Volvo ...

Thanks!
  • marinitemarinite Member Posts: 44
    Really... the Highlander has a .00001 m.f.? That's hard to beat and the Volvo guy I spoke with said the m.f. was in the .00252 range. Mentioned waiting for the 2009s for better residuals (oh yes, those weren't good either) but how are they going to move the 08s with numbers like these?

Still trying to decide myself... looking at xc90, highlander and odyssey (i know).

Cheers!
    In NJ at least, the MF on a highlander is .00001. Totally incredible.

If I didn't live in Hoboken, I'd probably consider an Odyssey too.
    well, i've heard from friends that you can't go wrong with the highlander. if you can get a better price on that car, then maybe it's the way to go.

i agree with another responder to your post - you can get a lower price, especially with the 09's already on board. the key is getting the capcost/lease price as low as possible since the mf/residuals just plain suck.

just ask the area dealers (e.g. montclair/both kundert sites/ramsey/smythe/prestige) if they can go lower, you have been talking with the other dealers, etc... and i am sure they will drop the capcost/lease price. since you are at hoboken, it would be easier to do this all on-line, which is what i did...

again, good luck.
This discussion has been closed.