Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• jr22jr22 Member Posts: 3
    Unfortunately they said only 2 months since they changed their bank.

Thanks
  • scottz5scottz5 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    I have an 09 XC90 in NJ with 12,000 miles on it. Wondering if someone would like to take over lease. Payment 550, 18 months left, 24,000 miles left. Black V6 3rd seat. I will pay the 500 transfer lease fee. res is 20,000. I just want something differnet.
  • dan207dan207 Member Posts: 12
    Is your car still available? Our xc90 lease is expiring May 10...
    Serge
    edited April 2010
    Yes it is. Contact me on (sign up)http://www.e90post.com/ send me a private message my user name is scottz5. I dont want to out my phone/email on here.
    Are you still looking for someone to take over your lease?
    Just today,I realized that you answered my question back in April, I never got any e-mails from edmunds, so I though you found somebody...I am still very much interested in taking over you lease. Please let me know.
    We are interested in taking over lease for xc90
    Live in NY
    Monthly payment up to $500
    Milage up to 15000
    I would be willing at the end of next month I have a new car on order. Scott
  • ethansdadethansdad Member Posts: 15
    Can anyone post the MF and the Residuals for the 2011 XC90 on 36 and 48 month leases?
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 155
    Carman,

Do you have the lease rates for the 2011 Volvo XC-90 3.2 FWD and AWD for 36 and 60 months with 15k miles per year?

Do they still have lease support on the 2010 above listed models?

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey autoboy19. US Bank's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC90 3.2 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00199 and 49%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 60 month lease are .00202 and 33%.

I don't believe that Volvo is providing lease support on 2010 models any longer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 155
    Thanks Carman. Does the residual or money factor change for the AWD or R-design model?
    You're welcome, autoboy19. The money factor is the same for the AWD and R-Design models, but the residual value is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ctdanctdan Member Posts: 38
    Just got back from dealership in southeastern CT and was offered the following deal and want to get some feedback if is a decent deal:

2011 XC90 3.2 AWD, multimedia, climate package, metallic paint, basically everything except Blis and DVDs. He even said he would throw in the cross rails for the roof rack at no additional cost.

total cost $43,200, he says $400 over invoice
    48 mo lease with 15k miles

$2100 out of pocket and $664/month, or roll in the some of the upfronts and out of pocket $990 with monthly payment of $690.

If I buy it and finance at 2.9% over 72 months, zero down, monthly payment of $700.

I would prefer to buy but because my wife is self employed my accountant suggests leasing is better because we need the deductions of the lease payments vs the depreciation of owning.

Does the lease sound like a fair deal? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
    Hi ctdan. If you are indeed getting this car for $400 over dealer invoice, and you can confirm that you are by looking that number up over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com, then you are getting an excellent deal.

I certainly understand the tax advantages of leasing, but man if I could finance a vehicle for the same price that I could lease it for I would have a tough time convincing myself to go with the lease. Perhaps you should consider shopping around to find an SUV that has a better lease program available on it right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Car_Man - thanks for the feeback. I had validated the numbers on the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com and it didn't quite add up so I went back to the dealer to reconcile the invoice price and he is actually $500 over inovice (which was my mistake, not his) plus I also needed to factor in a $250 Dealer Supplemental Advertising on the car....whatever that is. The dealer very transparent about the whole process though, which was appreciated. To sweeten the deal he is also including the cross rails for the roof rack at no additional charge.

I agree with your perspective on the leasing vs financing, and I am leaning toward just buying it to take adavantage of the 2.9% and forego the tax deductons since the lease terms are not very attractive.

I'll update this post once I finalize a deal.
  • gvillarealgvillareal Member Posts: 3
    I understand all new Volvo leases are through US Bank. Volvo Car Finance had/has a WearCare waiver that covers up to $1000 excess wear & use. Does US Bank have anything similar? I've read online about folks complaining about US Bank lease returns. I've also read an article saying US Bank ranking highest in auto lease financing customer survey from 2007.

Can anyone give state their experience with US Bank lease returns—pro or con, for Volvo or other makes? Thank you.
  • 1st_time_lease1st_time_lease Member Posts: 10
    Hey Car Man,

I am looking for some advice on the XC90. . They seem to be very hard to get in CA.

Do you have the October numbers from US Bank Financing for MF and Residual? I would be interested in 12K and 15K per year.

What do you suggest is a fair price? $500 over invoice, $750? Given that they are hard to come by, I am interested in your thoughts.

Finally -- sorry for so many questions -- if I factory ordered, would you change your response? The reason I ask is that there are some options that I want that are not available in the known inventory/incoming shipment, so I am thinking about factory order.

Thanks!
  • whichluxurycarwhichluxurycar Member Posts: 54
    I just did a quick search and could not find a recent post. Does anyone know the residual and money factor for

36 mos
    12k miles
    2011 xc90

Thanks
  • whichluxurycarwhichluxurycar Member Posts: 54
    Oops. Should have said "in Texas"

Thanks!
  • jagz2400jagz2400 Member Posts: 5
    It depends on when you purchase the car. Residual on a 36 is 53% and the lease factor buy rate at US bank is .00198 of course depending on credit and assuming your getting AWD.
  • dtardugno1dtardugno1 Member Posts: 5
    Was interested in 2011 XC90 lease in NYC.
    Volvo posted special is $499 for XC90 3.2 FWD with MSRP of $39,050 with $3449 due at signing.
    When I plug in 53% residual; .00198 money factor; and $2,950 cap cost reduction (assuming 1st month of $499 is included in the $3449) . . . I am getting a lease payment of $528.54 including tax.

Would you agree with this? What are lease experience in NYC?
    Does the 53% and .00198 apply in NYC?
    What incentives are provided in NYC?
    Thanks
    You're welcome ctdan. It definitely sounds as though this dealer is being very straightforward with you. I look forward to hearing how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings 1st_time_lease. US Bank's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC90 R Design AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00198 and 51%, respectively. If you were to lease this truck with only 12,000 miles per year its residual value would be 2% higher.

I would start looking to get this vehicle for $500 to $750 over invoice and see what happens. If they are difficult to get in your area then this may not be possible, but it's a good starting place.

Dealers are usually more willing to discount vehicles that they physically have on their lots then factory orders. You might end up having to pay a little more for an ordered vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello whichluxurycar. According to the latest information that I have seen, US Bank's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC90 FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00198 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Ok so after going back and forth with leasing vs buying we decided to buy, here was my final deal:

2011 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
    - Magic Blue w/Sandstone interior
    - Electronically Controlled All-Wheel Drive System w/Instant Traction
    - Climate Package
    - Multimedia Package
    - 4XX Metallic Paint
    - Destination Charge

Total with Options (per Edmunds new Vehicle Pricing):
    MSRP $45,100, Dealer Invoice: $42,445

Add $250 for dealer supplemental advertising so total price to me was $43,200
    ($42,695 + $500 over invoice)

Had dealer install cross rails for roof rack and homelink at no additional cost. Took advantage of the 2.9% financing and put down $500, which was a refundable deposit i had given the dealer to locate the exact car I wanted (color, options, etc.) and then applied toward the purchase price. BTW they ended up not being able to find it locally so it just came in from the port 2 weeks ago.

Final Numbers:

Vehicle Price...........$43,500
    Deposit......................($500)
    Gov’t fees................... $173
    Doc Fee..................... $275
    Taxes........................$2625.50
    Total Amt Financed...$46074.50

72 months at 2.9% total monthly payment $698.15

Dealer & salesperson were great. Low pressure, responded promptly on phone & email and most importantly very transparent on price & fees. Would highly recommend if anyone looking for a Volvo dealer in northeast.

Can't wait to dump my 2008 Mercedes R350!!!
  • fluid15fluid15 Member Posts: 60
    I'm curious why you want to dump the R350? My wife really likes that vehicle and previously had an XC90 3.2.
    The R class was great when it worked. Hands down the most comfortable car for long family trips, but I've had more trouble with that car than any vehicle I have ever owned. From the annoying fuse/sensor malfunctions to major issues; i.e. the gear paddle on the steering column had to be replaced, there was a leaky moonroof that channeled the water underneath the seats to the "hidden" battery compartment shorting it out. That was an especially fun one since the water was not visible inside the car so it took several trips to the dealer on the flatbed to figure that one out. It was in the svc dept for 1-2 weeks on 3 separate occasions within the 2+ years I've had it. Not to mention the dozen or so other times for minor inconveniences. Thank goodness it was all covered under warranty.

After all that I was still open to going into another Mercedes since they were very responsive to my issues and stood behind their product. I was looking at either another R Class or upgrading to GL, but Mercedes was not really willing to deal at all for an existing client, or do anything to get me out of that lemon and into another one. That was quite disappointing so at the end of the day I decided to go with the XC90.

How did your wife rate the 2 against each other?
  • menauhantmenauhant Member Posts: 1
    So who is this low pressure responsive dealer?
  • gogsgogs Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

I live in OKC area and would like to know the current money factor and residual for xc90 3.2l AWD with climate and multimedia packages. I'm looking for a 3 year 10,000 mile lease. Are there any options with zero down payment? I'm considering to lease either a xc90 or mdx with tech package.

Also, does xc90's climate package include Heated windshield washer nozzles? I found this option on xc60 and 70 but not on xc90. Not too sure about the accuracy of the information presented in the brochures....(xc60's brochure doesn't list hill descent control option and the brochure for xc90 has several typos...looks like a lousy job in creating the brochures)...

Thanks
    Gogs
  • boricubaboricuba Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Can you let me know if this looks like correct info. for FL.

I saw 53% residual, but dealer says 42%. Here are all the specs:

Volvo XC90 2011 3.2L I-6 cyl
    MSRP 39,600.00 / Selling price 37368.32
    Residual Value US Bank 42% 12k miles p/y
    Money Factor .001940, 48 Month lease
    Total cash from you $3000,.00 + loyalty $1000=$4,000.00
    Inception fees $ 1,505.43

This a deal or no?
    Here's the info that you're looking for, Gogs.

In the land of Kevin Durant (awesome player) Volvo's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC90 3.2L AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00173 and 53%, respectively.

I'm not sure about the heated washer nozzles, but one would suspect that they would be included in the "climate" package.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi boricuba. The 42% residual value that you were quoted is correct for a 48 month lease of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • swede73swede73 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man.

Do you know the current money factor and residual for xc90 3.2 FWD R-Design,36 month and 15000 miles per year,In Texas.

Also Can you lease an oversea delivery is there any different than the regulary lease to think of.

Thank you Car_man.
  • aspen19128aspen19128 Member Posts: 4
    I am considering an xc90 lease for 36 months, 12,000 mi/yr starting in April. Looking at an AWD model, I6 model expecting an msrp of 42,500. Do you have an estimated residual value and money factor? Also, any known incentives on leases? I am a current Volvo owner so wondering if there is a loyalty incentive? I will purchase in either Pennsylvania or New jersey.
  • roweboatroweboat Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    My lease ends this month and the buyout on it is $17,000. The car has 80,000 miles. It is 3.2 liter. It has the premium sound, seventh seat, climate package, steering tilt, moonroof, leather, heated seats. The only items it doesn't have are entertainment system and navigation. The dealership is only offering me $12,000 for it and KBB is saying in Fair shape I should get $16,400. Besides the miles it is in good condition and KBB said that trade in value should be $18,600. Who is way off here, the dealership or KBB? If this isn't the correct place to post can someone direct me to a different forum? thanks!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,935
    You didn't say what year it is, but I can tell you that KBB is ridiculous. They are almost always over, and this sounds like WAY over. No way it is worth that with those miles.

If you tell me the year, I can give you a more accurate value.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• roweboatroweboat Member Posts: 2
    It is a 2007. I appreciate the help!
    edited March 2011
    I figured the dealership was low, but didn't think it would be THAT low. My magic book tells me the bottom offer should be $15,700.

You say it has never had any accidents and is in good shape overall, yes? I'm also assuming it is an AWD model, correct?

I can say I had trouble unloading our XC90, too. Most dealers were way under on it. I wound up driving it to a Volvo dealer 80 miles away who expressed interest and sold it to them outright for a much fairer number.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Greetings swede73. According to the latest information that I have seen, Volvo's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC90 3.2 FWD R-Design with 15,000 miles per year are .00173 and 49%, respectively.

You should be able to lease a vehicle that you want to take European Delivery on, but its lease program might vary some.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi aspen19128. According to the latest information that I have seen, Volvo's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC90 3.2 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00173 and 52%.

There is a $1,000 loyalty incentive for current Volvo owners on the XC90 right now, but that's it for cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • bizjeff2bizjeff2 Member Posts: 15
    I livein NY with the 8.75% sales tax. I got quoted $554.60 /month $3227.50 down for a 2011 AWD xc90 w/ bliss, climate silver metallic 36 months 10k/yr . She did not include the loyalty discount as I don't drive a volvo currently. Is there any better deal than this or did I do OK?

She based it on these #s

Bank fee 795
    Taxes 1724
    Inspection 10
    Tire 12.50
    Doc fee 75 nys
    Ny reg 56.06
    First pay 554.44
  • erica_merica_m Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Good morning Car_Man,

I would like to lease the Volvo V8 4dr SUV AWD. Do you know if there are any promotions? I saw the promotion for $499/month but am not interested in the $3k down payment. I am not a current Volvo owner. The Invoice for my zip (Virginia) is $45,995 and the MSRP is $48,875.

Secondly, would the dealers be willing/interested in my audi? I have a Audi A4 with 39,000 miles coming off lease in one month for a turn in price of $18,500.

Very interested in your input, thank you!
  • bizjeff2bizjeff2 Member Posts: 15
    Also has anyone dealt with private leasing companies that advertise on google etc rather than the dealership? What is the difference?

I am looking at Marqui Auto leasing of Brooklyn and Regal Auto leasing (same owners)... Has anyone dealt with them?
    Hi erica_m. Volvo really isn't providing much in the way of lease support on the 2011 XC90 V8 right now. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for it is .00199. That's equivalent to an interest rate of around 4.78%.

It's difficult to say whether a Volvo dealer would be interested in your Audi. More often than not, consumers who have leased vehicles just end up walking away from them at lease-end without trading their vehicle in though.

Car_man
    Host
  • vw_forevervw_forever Member Posts: 1
    I am leasing in NY City with the 8.75% sales tax. $535 /month down for a 2012 AWD XC 90 Premier Plus with climate, bliss, silver metallic 36 months 10k/yr.

I just have to pay down the taxes and titles and bank fee and first month lease
  • hockeynut57hockeynut57 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man:

I live in Los Angeles county in the South Bay. I am interested in leasing a 2011 XC90 R-Design fully loaded. I also have a 2008 XC90 V8 which is leased that I am trading in. Lease ends 9/15/11.

Some particulars about the SUVs:

2011 XC90 R - Sticker is $47,225. Invoice is $44,844 which is apparently $400 higher than KBB I think due to advertising costs applied in California.

2008 XC90 V8 - 30,000 miles. My buy out is $20,500 before taxes from USBank which is Volvo's preferred bank from what I can tell. Car is in very good condition. There is a collision report in CarFax which, as you know, is very generic. A kid ran into the front of our car while we were stopped at a light. The kid was fine but the hood suffered a lemon sized dent from his helmet (good thing he was wearing one...). I provided the no-fault police report, insurance report and photos of the repair ($700) from the body shop. Their best trade value was $23K. Which seems very low according to KBB.

I am trying to get into the new Volvo for about what I am paying now -- about $600/mo WITH tax and $0 drive off. 36 months and 12,00 miles/yr.

A dealer told me that my credit would earn a Tier 1 money factor of .00155 and the new Volvo had a 50% residual value at the end of 3 years. My spreadsheet tells me I need to get them below invoice and get at least $24,500 for the trade to cover all fees and get me in the hunt around $600/month. The first dealer quoted $719 with $1,000 down...their lot is full of 2012s and I am looking at one of their remaining 2011s...what the???

Your comments and insights are welcomed!
    Hi hockeynut57. The lease program that you were quoted for the XC90 looks good. A selling price of under dealer invoice is pretty aggressive, though you should be eligible for a $1,000 owner loyalty cash incentive that you may not yet have taken into account. You may want wait and see if the dealer is any more willing to deal towards the end of the month.

Car_man
    Host
  • skoontzskoontz Member Posts: 21
    Hello:

We have a lease on a 2008 XC90 that is coming to an end. What is the best way to determine value of the leased vehicle for the purposes of deciding whether to hand it back to lease company or to work it as trade-in on new lease with another car manufacturer?
    odds are the residual is overinflated, but to find out for sure, post all the info over on Real-World Trade-in Values and you can get an accurate value of the vehicle.

This discussion has been closed.