Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 and newer Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon

Comments

• tony97gttony97gt Member Posts: 20
    I called my dealer today and they said they are not doing that enhancement program in my vehicle, I am assuming because mine is not flex fuel. I am pretty sure that most of the other people (including me) that bought these vehicles were mislead about the performance of the AFM. I want my vehicle re-programmed to get better AFM on highway. I do most of my driving there and I would benefit from re-programmming. Anybody else with me on this? What do we need ot do to get them to re-program all AFM vehicles, flex fuel or not.
  • dallgowerdallgower Member Posts: 4
    So is this enhancement for GM Yukons only or does it apply to Tahoes too?
  • ltzinltzin Member Posts: 15
    Has anybody had the re program done with a cat back and a air box? Have you noticed any difference?

I have a GMPP cat back installed, just ordered the GMPP air box, also just received my Diablosport Preditor tuner. I think I will bring to the dealer to get the oil changed and make sure the re program is done before I install the new goodies.

Anyone have similar mods. Would like to know how the truck performs.
  • tuscotoddtuscotodd Member Posts: 50
    I have the Zoomer's cat back on mine - haven't done the air box, but the cat back woke it up in short order! Notable change in how much time it spends in V-4. I haven't had a chance to stop by the dealer and check into the reprogram yet - but I am hoping that makes a notable difference as well. :)
    I have a little over 15k on mine and the best I have manage milage wise was driving 65-68mph with no headwind and non-ethanol added gas. I got 22.1mpg (calculated) on the 420 mile trip.
    Conversly, over Christmas I went one a similar trip with a 20mph headwind for part of the trip driving 77mph with 10% ethanol added gas and averaged 16.7 for the 370 trip.
    Hope that helps!
  • yukoner77yukoner77 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone's wind shield wipers come on by themselves mid-driving? Mine just come on and the only way they go off is if I turn the car off and it keeps spraying and wiping, spraying and wiping!
  • dlmart2dlmart2 Member Posts: 6
    I know this may be a neewb question but here goes. I was at the store today and a gentleman saw me getting out the Denali (2007) and asked if I had my exhaust system installed after market. I said no. He said that's a high performance exhaust. I said "really"? I mentioned to him that I thought it was kinda loud in my opinion. He said its supposed to be, but you get better performace. Anyone have any info on this?
  • 4speed14speed1 Member Posts: 6
    I got an 07 Tahoe now, but used to have an 99 Tahoe with flowmasters and K&N intake.

The flowmaster were loud and my ears would ring after long drives.

I bought it like that and quickly got sick of the loud exhaust. I don't know why guys like loud pipes, but it got old.

Also I removed the K&N intake and put the stock back on--no noticable difference in proformance or MPG's.

there are quieter flowmasters than I had, but if they really work (more Hp & MPG), then why doesn't GM put them on if it's such "easy" bolt-on power?

Save your dough in my opinion
  • 73shark73shark Member Posts: 325
    Sounds like your RainSense and Heated Washer Fluid systems are ganging up on you. Seriously tho, you probably need to take it in to your Service Dept. :sick:
    GM offers both a performance and a touring cat-back exhaust system. Did you buy yours new?
    I had that happen to me also around Oct. I was at the service dept for something else and a guy that also was there with his wifes LTZ had asked me if this had happened to me because it also happened to him. Service Dept told me they could'nt find any defect. Then today it happened to my wife. I am bringing in the truck on Thurs for numerous things like the batt. keeps dying, the ecm reprogram that is required #06162 the rear door window moulding keeps coming out. Power stering makes realy loud sound when truck is cold. I'm sure they will say nothing is wrong.
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    Since you have the Denali, you also have the 6.2l V8, right? It might come stock with a "high performance" exhaust unlike the 5.3l non-Denali vehicles. The 6.0l Avalanches come with a different standard exhaust too, though it appears to at least be an aluminized system (like the stock 5.3l system). The GM Accessories cat-back systems are both all stainless steel.

I bought the GM touring cat-back exhaust with my Avalanche. Because it took a couple of weeks after the Av came in for the exhaust to come in I was able to compare the stock and new system. Stock was much quieter under any sort of engine load, where the touring system is especially loud when the Av's cold or I'm into the throttle heavy. At normal cruising speeds it is actually mellow but noticable. The GM accessories site indicates that the performance version would be even louder.

So if you do have the stock engine it's probably as quiet as it's going to get without a bit of aftermarket digging around. I can pretty much guarantee that any non-original part number GM accessories system will be even louder.
    Yes I have the Denali with the 6.2l. Thanks for your response! Makes sense.
    I was looking at the standard features of the Denai. It says it comes with 6 CD in-dash changer. When you upgrade to the CD/DVD MP3 with the rear entertainment DVD, do you lose the 6-CD chager? Mine appears to be that way, but the saesman didn't explain that to me.
  • 4burb4burb Member Posts: 55
    2007 LT3 with rear entertainment, not Denali. However, that is what I was told. Mine was supposed to have 6 disc changer but lost it when I opted for the rear entertainment.
  • tommy4tortommy4tor Member Posts: 1
    I read that new owners of the 2007 Tahoes / Yukons are having issues with the Battery.....dying after little use of the acc position, from simple music, lights, movies, etc...this is a big hassle. Yikes! As a car-pool Dad, I am always turning the engine off, and listening to music, or the game, up to an hour, often. I was be very annoyed to get a dead battery for my trouble. I am in the market for the new truck, and when I went to Test Drive a new Tahoe LTZ, they couldn't get it started....surprise, surprise, the Battery had died! I think the dealer was rather embarassed. I am sitting on the fence now. Height concerns me, too.....my current Yukon XL with 16" wheels fit UNDERground in all parking lots, with ease...that 20" wheel LTZ beast may need to do more time outside? Any opinions?
  • triadiumtriadium Member Posts: 2
    Yes, I got my GM LOCKPICK GEN 2 last week and installed it this past weekend. I'm very happy with it but had a couple issues during installation. First, during installation I must have done something abnormal because the screen would not turn on. I deduced that I must have caused a short. After tracking down and replacing the 10 amp fuse for the radio (it was fuse #41 located in fuse box located under the hood of my '07 Chevy Tahoe LT3), everything worked well. However, during the first few hours of use I experienced some weird behavior (1. the rearview camera display would sometimes not work, 2. the display would sometimes lock until I restarted the car, 3. the voice prompt volume would somehow be set to zero). I only experienced this during the first few hours and haven't experienced ANY issues since. All in all I love the unit. I know Coastaletech also sells the "GM ONSTAR LOCKPICK" which unlocks Onstar for integration with aftermarket hands free kits. I'm not sure if both these "lockpicks" can be used simultaneously.
  • jjmjgnxjjmjgnx Member Posts: 34
    Hey ltzin, can you let us know how it goes at the dealer with all those things you're having them look at. I have those same exact issues. My battery died once, I jumped it an let it run for a few minutes and it's been fine since. Same battery. I heard the loud noise this morning since it was cold here in the northeast.
    tommy4tor -
    It is not all owners that are having the battery issue - but it is well worth noting. I know that I have never had any issues with my LT3 and regularly let it sit with the engine off listening to the radio. The longest I can remember doing that for was when I was rotating the tires and installing the mud flaps - which being as I was in no hurry, took a nearly two hours. But had no issues (or ever have) with the battery going dead. :)
    I, like tuscotodd, have had no issues with my LT3 either. Also have the 20 inch wheels that the LTZ has and have had no garage issues either.
    Just got home from dealer, they put a new Battery in the old one was reading 12.65 volts with 33 cold cranking amps the cca should be 615. They could not find a draw on the batt. They replaced the rear door window mouldings, They could not find anything with the steering. I figured that, it was 55 deg when I dropped it off. And now this one surprised me, they found that the wiper switch has a short in it, they had to order that. They also did the ECM reprogram #06162 this reads on the invoice as follows: 06162 reprogram ECM for virtual flex fuel sensor update. On the way home it was extremly windy and I still noticed staying in 4v longer. Hope this helps some of you. Also if you create an account with GM (its free) you can go to my gm and it will let you know if your vehicle has a recall thats how I found out my needed the 06162 recall. I let you know if battery stays charged, also how my new Diablo Preditor engine tunner works.
  • kristennicolekristennicole Member Posts: 2
    I want to get the chrome handles, is it easy enough to do it yourself?
    2007 Suburban, can someone please confirm the rear bowtie is only held on with adhesive tape? I have removed all the lettering and would really like to remove the rear bowtie. I know how but want to make sure there are no holes there like there are on the back of my 4Runner when I removed the Toyota emblem.
    nacho07, I think you did this yourself when you replaced yours, just need to verify. Thanks
  • zepreszepres Member Posts: 16
    No it is not.
    The gold part of the bowtie is plastic and held on with trim tape to the chrome portion. The chrome portion is mechanically attached and removal leaves two holes in the plastic which would require filling. However removalal of the gold portion leaves just a chrome bowtie which closely resembles aftermarket billet ones.
  • catamcatam Member Posts: 331
    Do you know what tranny is used in the upgrade??
    I would be interested as long as I got the heavy duty tranny as part of the deal.
  • rshtrsht Member Posts: 277
    dlmart2, I have my 2007 Denali for about a month now. The answer is Yes, when we opt for the CD/DVD with MP3 (without the Navigation System), we lose the 6-CD changer. Disappointment, isn't it.....
  • junglegeorgejunglegeorge Member Posts: 129
    Sorry, but no it is not a DYI unless you have a lot of time. The OEM handles require removal of the inner door panel, figure 1-2 hours per door, if you have never done this. I did mine, all 4, in about 2 hrs. The covers that tape on over the original handles might be easier. Good Luck.
  • villahidalgovillahidalgo Member Posts: 9
    My dad just bought a LT Tahoe. Is the car supposed to be in V4 mode when idling? it seems it rarely goes into V4 mode.

Thanks.
  • rockin_ltzrockin_ltz Member Posts: 61
    Hey guys (and gals)...It's been a while since I've posted on the board here but thought I'd give an update on some issues that I had right out of the gate on my '07 LTZ Tahoe. I posted back in April of last year (post #677) in regards to some issues I had from the very first day I drove my new truck home :sick: ...Needless to say, I'm still having the same problems. :lemon:

We just had the truck back in the shop on Friday to once again TRY and fix my issues with the ABS/Stabilitrac lights coming on and the "Service Traction Control" and Service Stabilitrac" warnings coming on the CID. This is trip #6 for the same issue that started back the night I drove it off of the lot.

I have already filed the necessary paperwork with the state of Florida and will be heading down to the dealership tomorrow to discuss how we're going to resolve this issue. My desires are for them to give me a replacement vehicle...But from what I'm hearing they will most likely give me a full refund and tell me to go buy the truck somewhere else...We'll see.

My question is...Has anyone else here had the issues with the ABS/Stabilitrac systems? I'm hoping that it's an isolated incidence with my vehicle...And if I do get a new one that I won't ever have to deal with it again.

Thanks in advance for anybody who can tell me if they've experienced anything like this.
    Welcome to the V8/V4 world. From what I've read on forums and heard from Chevy and dealer, you'll only see V4 when coasting or going downhill. Those with 4.10 gears have reported some V4 mode on level road at hiway speeds. That's been attributed to placing the engine rpm in its "sweet spot". Ironically those with 4.10 gears are reporting better mpg.

I've seen V4 at low speeds (30-45 mph) going slightly uphill in Tow mode but that's because it takes it out of OD and therefore the engine speeds up. Interestingly enough the mpg is better this way. Personally I think they should have made the V4 mode a little more aggressive.
  • dmyer3dmyer3 Member Posts: 17
    It looks like you will get varying answers here but I'll give you my experience. I have a '07 Yukon SLT and it seems to stay in V4 pretty good on the interstate at any speed as long as the road is level or on a downgrade.
    I never checked it at idle, but probably is not in V4 at idle.
    I have a little over 7,000 miles and have not had to go back to the dealer except for an oil change.
    Good luck with your Tahoe.
    Don
  • socaltahoesocaltahoe Member Posts: 8
    I am having the same battery problem on my LT3 - has anyone found a solution for this -- do they need to reprogram the modules or is it related to the ECM recall? New battery? Thanks!
  • socaltahoesocaltahoe Member Posts: 8
    Check this out:

http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessoriesjsp/accessorydetail.jsp?make=chevrolet&mo- del=tahoe&year=2007&detail=07_TAH_80RSJ001&sid=6860591549028415

I'm not sure if those are the same or not, but they're 75 bucks.

part # 19154851
  • uncle_ricouncle_rico Member Posts: 12
    What are the benefits (if any) in having your Tahoe serviced at the same dealership it was purchased at?

I need to take my 07 Tahoe in because of a Service 4 wheel drive message and also to have them look at some minor/strange electrical problems I've been experiencing.

I've already taken this vehicle in once because of a sensor reciever problem...but I took it to Chevy dealer that wasn't the one I bought it from (closer to home). The first question they asked was, did I purchase the vehicle from them. Do service departments deal with customers differently based on where the vehicle was purchased?
  • sovereignmgmtsovereignmgmt Member Posts: 30
    Just want to share some info on how to install a video system to the 2007's that did not come with "rear seat entertainment" So You can have AUDIO & VIDEO running through your factory Radio from aftermarket headrest monitors or drop down TV. without using horoble fm modulators.

Check this out

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/85588-video- - -integration-into-2007-escalade.html
  • csprickcsprick Member Posts: 21
    The cruise controls on the left and the front set of radio/CD controls on the right side of the steering wheel light up at night; however, the two volume controls, located just behind the front set of radio/CD controls on the right, do not light or glow. Are they not supposed to or do I have a burned out bulb / defective wiring? It appears odd that they are not lighted also. How hard is it to get to the bulb for the volume controls?

Thanks,
    Chuck
  • junglegeorgejunglegeorge Member Posts: 129
    Mine do not light either, they are not designed to, not sure why.
    Strange indeed -- one would certainly expect to see them lighted since all the other steering wheel mounted controls are lighted. Was Chevy asleep the day they designed the volume buttons?
  • seagraveseagrave Member Posts: 21
    Does anyone know, with the extremely early release of 2007 models at the beginning of last year, any idea when the 2008 models will be released?
  • cub21cub21 Member Posts: 5
    Does anybody know why the '07 Flexfuel vehicles aren't included in the Alternative fuel tax credits?
  • kssoonerkssooner Member Posts: 10
    Had our 07 Tahoe at the dealer today Jan.18 for the recall #06162 and drove home which is around 65 miles and I noticed ZERO improvement in the V4/V8 mode. Our's has around 11300 miles on it and the V4 mode is only engaged downhill and when the foot is off the accelerator.
    Why would you expect the volume controls to be lit? The rest of the buttons are on the wheel facing the driver, and while fairly intuitive to find by "touch", aren't nearly so clearly identifiable as the volume buttons. The buttons are placed where they are for easy fingertip identification and use, and aren't in a good spot for you (or me, or anyone else) to be trying to look at them while driving these vehicles in the first place.

So no, Chevrolet wasn't asleep at the wheel. It's a logical decision to spend money to light controls where it makes far more sense. ;)
    Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Makes no sense to me NOT to light them since - they perform similar functions as the front right steering wheel buttons i.e., control the radio/CD player, they are located within what, 1/2 inch? of the front buttons, they stick out further than the front buttons so could easily be seen at night if lighted, they can't be seen at all at night if not lighted, etc.

If, as you say, they "aren't in a good spot for you (or me, or anyone else) to be trying to look at them while driving these vehicles in the first place", then why light the other steering wheel buttons? Besides, I like all the neat glowing goodies I see at night. :)

Anyhow, thanks for the response, at least now I know I don't have a burned out bulb.
  • allison5allison5 Member Posts: 130
    I really really want the new Chevy Tahoe, at the moment I have a 04 GMC Yukon. It has 50,000 miles on it and is giving me a lot of trouble. Unfortunatly I would be upside down if I get rid of it now as I think my pay off is around 25,000, maybe a little more. I would definatly be at a negative but I so want this new tahoe. SOme people have said I should get the Odyessy minivan, I have 3 kids and a 90 lb dog that goes with us a lot of places. However we do live in California and go to Lake Tahoe al ot in summer/winter so I feel like we should have AWD. A lot if times it is just the kids, myself and the dog that go up (hubby does NOT like the snow). I certainly do not want to deal with chains by myself.

ANyway I just read in Car and Driver about the Tahoe coming out with a hybrid in 2008, I had not heard anything about this and does anyone know if this really is right? How nice that would be.
  • jay_24jay_24 Member Posts: 536
    There have been a couple dates for the hybred version. Currently its coming fall of 2007 as a 2008 model.
    Chevy hybred site

Possibly another solution is the GMC Arcadia or Saturn Outlook. Both are 7 or 8 passanger SUVs, 3 rows of seating, AWD, fold flat seating, and around 25mpg highway. Its worth a look as an alternate to the truck based SUV.

--jay
  • bk777bk777 Member Posts: 32
    I agree, you are quite right about the failure of GM to provide lighted volume controls. It makes no sense. But then... GM is known for not making the best choices for its loyal customers.

Are you aware that the fuel filter location on your vehicle has been changed. It is now located inside of the fuel pump. The fuel pump is installed inside the fuel tank.

You ask, Do they have to drop the tank to replace it? You betcha... Do you have to buy a new pump to replace the filter? Oh Yeah...'ya sure do. It's a unitized assembly...yuk,yuk,yuk...

Who does this help? Me...no. You...no. The dealer...ye$$$$. GM...ye$.

Unfortunately, the cost of replacing the old style filter at a dealer now is about $800-$1000...used to be $120 installed in the previous model design.

Careful buying dirty gas...it could cost you more than you know!
    Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaat. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I live in a state (Ohio) that is known for its poor fuel cleanliness standards (I typically change my fuel filters at 60-70k). REALLY looking forward to changing this one now. :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • bk777bk777 Member Posts: 32
    Every GM vehicle with this new fuel filter is in the same "repair cost/risk" category. No explanation is forthcoming from our Chevy dealer...maybe yours will be different. They will not guaranty that part's performance...of life-cycle. And they say good luck...if it plugs. Nice position for them...not nice for us.
    I'm going with csprick's recommendation and agreeing to disagree about the lighting of the volume buttons. But I'm 100% in agreement about things like the location of the fuel filter. BTW, this isn't limited to the redesigned vehicles- the 04+ models of many vehicles got this new "feature" too.
  • 07hoe07hoe Member Posts: 1
    #06162 is a flex-fuel sensor upgrade will not affect v4/v8 mode.
This discussion has been closed.