Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 and newer Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon

Comments

• Options
    peedypeedy Member Posts: 27
    Nope just goes to show you dont have to spend a but load of cash to get something that looks better....I have freinds that have the Denali and now after seeing and riding in my 07 would rather have my Tahoe for the price
  • Options
    Looking to see if anyone has info on buggaurds for the 07 yet. I bought one from the dealer last week but does not go over the front lip of the hood to provide protection...Putting the Clear Bra on Saterday also but would like a bug gaurd also
  • Options
    boxer916boxer916 Member Posts: 6
    In California

Have the new 2007 LT1 2WD White Tahoe. When we took it from the dealer we noticed that the instrument bezel had a noticible gap between the Bezel and the fixed part of the dash board ( the rounded lip edge ). They first tried to tighten the screws holding it in place.. still gap visible. Then they ordered a second bezel.. same problem. They fig,. it must be a mnfg. defect.
    I checked out other 2007 tahoes on the lot and they too had the same issue except for one or 2... argh...
    Ive also noticed that at the top where the 2 peices of dashbord meet are not as seamlessly put together as my honda accord. My tahoes dashboard fits almost perfect but it does ahve that UN seamless transition too as described by other tahoe owners.. again not bad but not perfect either... Again I looked at other 2007 tahoes and they too share the same issues...We also had our rear 3rd row seats serviced because of faulty latches, loose cables...one day my wife couldnt even get the 3rd seat up... dealer fixed it.Almost forgot when we took delivery of the vehicle my wife notived it made a whine or like a cricket sounding squeel @ driver side engine bay. Dealer replaced alternator, still not fixed. now dealer says that Gm told them to quit replacing parts , becuase they are experinacing sim. propblems in other tahoes across the country. The GM engineers are working on it and when they get it solved they will issue a fix to our dealer. The truck is 100% drivable but if you have good hearing it kinda becomes annoying. Its not really loud, becuase the tahoes cabin is really quiet you can hear it.... Soorry to rant about some of these issues but Im sure those of you who have spent your money on the same vehilce would rather have information than be like "Am I the only one having these issues" Almost forgot carefull with your cig. light caps.. They suck, trust me they will break.. GM rep even admitted that they are getting alot of complaints on these poorly designed caps........ the hinge point snaps off so easily :mad:
  • Options
    2007 tahoe is sweet! but for that kinda money it should outperform my 2004 honda accord ex. When i sit in the Honda everything looks so well put together. The Tahoes as well.. I really like the design if the tahoe interior i thinks its cool but still the honda is better.. anybody wanna argue well they must be smoking crack or they are in denial.. I gotta be honest and bruttal especially when im paying for it.....lol Still i think this blows away a toyatoa sequia, nissan armada, etc.....too bad it cant beat my + - 30gs honda ex Interior...
    :shades:
  • Options
    splatsterhoundsplatsterhound Member Posts: 149
    Don't know of any ongoing problem. Tahoe007 this is your first and only post and you own a 1997 Tahoe? Perhaps you just lost your tranny (with 235,000 miles on it) and you're steamed. Perhaps not. I've got a 2002 suburban and the thing has been flawless -- everything -- and I do a lot of trailering and actually go off road quite a bit due to work.
  • Options
    I have noticed that same whine in the early am but not all the time...I have had mine for about 1 mo with 3000 miles on it...I noticed the whine first thing last friday prior to going to work but did not hear over the weekend or this am...I did have an issue with mine not starting 2 weeks after and my neighbor did also on his 2007....Dealer towed both of ours and now fixed without issues but something to do with a wiring harness...If you hear what they are doing to fix the whine let me know incase I start hearing it again...Email is gmunford@charter.net....As for the Honda interior being better??? Hmmm I havnt seen a honda interior I like yet but still think they are great cars...My friend summed it up best over the weekend saying that the new 07 is less Americanized on the inside as previous years!
  • Options
    Oh yea the whine did not affect any part of the driving and like I said not there now??? With a new model year all this and more is to be expected. I assumed this when buying mine and makes it less easier to bear when something does come up. Anyone who buys first year model is the Lab Rat in training, but that is ok by me
  • Options
    yukon7yukon7 Member Posts: 7
    All,

You can get the rear facia cover a little cheaper from http://www.gmpartszone.com/MC-CCDI-EEH.aspx as opposed to your local GM parts dept. Just ordered one for $70.34 + tax. He went ahead and shipped it free for me. They also have the tubular oval design steps. Will wait on this.

http://www.gmpartszone.com/MC-CCDI-DGD.aspx
  • Options
    yukon7yukon7 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks rockng_ltz. Just ordered 2 samples to try and match up by 07 Yukon with. Should be at the house in 3 days according to Angie at US Speed 9http://usspeedonline.com/)
  • Options
    I agree about being the lab rats. good analogy. The whine is not always present but it does whine and its annoying if your not deaf...lol I as well assumed the rat title when i bought the truck and i dont regret it yet.. keeping my fingers crossed. why becuase it is a really cool suv. In my opinion better than toyota, ford, and everyone else.. i fogot to mention my wife told me that the other day she had some issues with the electrical, locking mech. information center display and some other things. She told me that she noticed it twice in one day but she's not to sure if its a problem or maybe she didnt know what she was doing.... i wasnt there so i cant say for sure either. If you had the electrical harnes replaced then im starting to think maybe theres a chance we might have the same faulty type of harness.. Ill wil go home today and check it out.. maybe it was a fluke thing.. :confuse:

Question.. what happens if they ( GM or dealer) can never get it right.. etc.. defect or other than what happens... ? The dealer told me that teh engineers told them to stop tinkering with the truck and waith for a team of engineers from gm to arrive here in california and take a look at the "whine" In the meanwhile we are enjoingly driving it around.. correction " :confuse: my wife is"
  • Options
    Yeah they will figure it out sooner or later...If I hear it agian Im going to have someone press on the gas while I listen in the engine bay...I noticed the whine more when pressing on the gas and not just sitting in idel...Surly they can find it if thats the case but who knows?? Ask your wife if she has noticed a warning light that looks like an engine when she has that electrical thing happen....I had just driven mine went inside then went to leave agian and wouldnt turn over at all...everything else would work but would not turn over...The service tech said it looked like someone had tried to put aftermarket alarm in which was killing the engine as a defense from being stolen...I had nothing put on aftermarket so that wasnt the cause but after replacing that harness has been workig great...
  • Options
    Thanks.. for the info.
    This site is great lots of info from real owners.. Thanks I will ask her about that engine light on.... :shades:

By the way anybody else have problems with the cig. / accessories lighter caps.. Those thingas are really in need of redesign. The rep from GM agreed, they apparentley have been getting alot of complaints about that. They open up perpedicular to the face of the dash .. so if you just barely put any weght they will snapp off... :surprise:
  • Options
    I dont really use mine that often so that has not been an issue...I do like the look of them but sounds like a design flaw...Someone will surley make an aftermarket cap for something like that
  • Options
    dieselonedieselone Member Posts: 5,729
    Well, there is a whole topic on the Trailblazer forum regarding trans failures and it's the same 4l60e trans found in the Tahoe/Suburban. My '00 Suburban trans had to be rebuilt at 46k and I know 3 other people with late model Chevy 1/2 tons that had trans failures well under 100k miles.

Now, there have been updates on the 4l60e trans along the way, so hopefully the parts that were faulty (TCC, sun gear shell, etc) have been improved.
  • Options
    splatsterhoundsplatsterhound Member Posts: 149
    Huh. I did not know that.

I know I've not had a lick of trouble -- so far in my suburban 5.3. 64,000 miles and counting, with a lot of that in 4x4 auto mode. I did buy an extended warranty when I bought it, but I've been feeling like I wasted my money because I haven't had a single problem with this vehicle. Nothing. Haven't even aligned it, brakes still have plenty of life. Just fluids and new tires. I've been impressed.

I really like the look of the new tahoe, but I'm not planning on buying for a long time. My brother put on 240,000 on a mid 80s suburban and I'm aiming at that mileage....
  • Options
    I dont smoke either but my wife connects the cingular car charger into the left side / passenger and thats the one that broke. so she fig.. lets see if it was just a fluke or her carelessness.. broke the othe :shades: r one as well.. I mean its not a big deal but still Id like something to last longer than that for the price of this suv.... anyways just fyi :)
  • Options
    rwernerrwerner Member Posts: 7
    Well here we are April 3 and still not able to get an answer to the questions about the Bose Digital Signal Processing and the surround(Center Point)sound. I've called Chevrolet Assist with no luck. I guess when you have the rear entertainment (DVD)center it changes how you access it. I will keep trying until I find out something.
  • Options
    dieselonedieselone Member Posts: 5,729
    I haven't been so lucky. As I previously mentioned, the trans rebuilt @ 46k miles, pitman arm @ 42k, and fuel pump @ 60K.

I currently have 64k on my Suburban and the power steering is giving signs of problems (sometimes it loses boost during parking lot manuvers), and I have pretty significant rear diff whine between 45-55 mph, which according to the trans shop that rebuilt my trans is also a common issues.

I won't even mention the rattles.

While I like the new Suburban/Tahoe, I'm a little gun shy towards buying another.
  • Options
    jntjnt Member Posts: 316
    boxer916,

Have you seen the interior of $30K Honda Odys. We're owning one of them for more than a year now. Overall, we are not impressed with this vehicle in material quality (hard gray plastic on vast area of the vehicle IP (like some GM vehicles in the 90) and the BIG gap on the upper Glove Box compartment. And that happens on all Odys. So car makers do cut corner to save pennies sometime. It affects Honda the same as it does GM and others.

All newly designed vehicles have problems. Just visit 05 Honda Odys problem forum and you will hear similar (noise, rattle, brake, sliding door,...) complaints that you see on your 07 Tahoe. As the owners of new vehicles, we are all subjected to all teething problems (assembly, design,...) that come with first model year.

The Accord has been around for ~4 years now. They should get the assembly process and design down nicely. You should be very upset if they still screw up some minor things on this vehicle.

jt
  • Options
    awf_axisawf_axis Member Posts: 136
    Don't know if I'm the last to know, but I was looking at dealer inventory on 2007 Yukons (via GMC.COM), and found Denali's showing up.

They aren't listed in the inventory summaries, but when looking at the Window Sticker for something over $52k, it shows the Denali vehicles.
  • Options
    denmandenman Member Posts: 19
    Looks like GM still has the same crappy quality, read the next two posts about them not starting and had to be towed. No thanks GM, my Toyotas have been top notch.
  • Options
    nld1966nld1966 Member Posts: 6
    I seem to have a slight rattle in the sunroof trim? and the left rear door too. Anyone have the same? I would like to have an idea or two before I see the dealer. Other than these small rattles, I am very pleased with the initial quality of my Tahoe. Of course, time will tell. I think I will be adding Mechanical Breakdown Insurance to my policy soon...just to be safe.
  • Options
    I have a friends that has a Seq Toyota and its had problems too...New year and to be expected...I would rather you keep driving your toy car though :shades:
  • Options
    http://www.gmpartszone.com/PD-12499099.aspx?MakeID=12

Thought it was funny looking but kinda like it if it wasnt such an add for Honda
  • Options
    jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    I've had two GM vehicles now with the 4l60e in them. The first was a 2003 Trailblazer, and now my 2004 Silverado. I traded the Trailblazer for the Silverado before it hit 20k miles, mostly because I needed to haul stuff, including stinking garbage, frequently, and hated tearing up the interior of my vehicle and dealing with the long term smell. I didn't have any problems with the transmission in it during the time I owned it. (Actually quite enjoyed owning that particular vehicle, and would've kept it if not for the reason above)

On to the Silverado- so far no real issues, though it has slipped during takeoff one time. That is, I gave it gas and it acted as if it was in 4Lo, engine revved much higher than usual and it moved forward, just at a MUCH slower speed than normal. I let off the gas for a second, then reapplied throttle and everything acted normally. It had over 21k before I experienced this, and it hasn't ever repeated that. No other problems except the need to burp the coolant system (gonna do that this weekend) to get rid of the gurgling noise under my dash. :)

Anyway, I sure hope all the real trans issues have been addressed by design updates, so that the 2007 Avalanche I've got on order doesn't cause me troubles in this area. But if anything happens, I was the one decided to be the guinea pig for the first model year of the from-scratch redesign. ;)
  • Options
    It doesn't strike me as an ad for Honda in any way. It looks very much like the grill guards I see on late model Avalanches right now though. ;)
  • Options
    greg33greg33 Member Posts: 6
    Does the 2007 Tahoe come with the hitch and ball for towing or do they charge extra for that?
  • Options
  • Options
    I had clear bra product put on the front this am and looking great...Covers mirrors on both sides, Headlights, and entire front fracia where paint is exposed...Comes several inches up on the hood and has a lifetime warranty for 700...
  • Options
    Unless GM has changed something on the new models, it comes with the hitch. But it won't come with the bar and ball. (goes into the receiver hitch)
  • Options
    sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    I've never seen a factory tow package come with the draw bar and ball. That would make no sense because there are numerous styles of bars and balls necessary for towing different trailers.
  • Options
    I agree. I just hadn't bothered to post why I thought they weren't including them. But the Tahoes are like the Trailblazers in that they come with the integrated rear hitch on all of them. :)
  • Options
    I used to have a Denali, but with my new '07, I'm having to buy a new "dropped" draw bar.

There is a 6" height difference. The '05 was 15 inches from the ground. This new vehicle is 21 inches.

I also use a cushioned bar because of the jolting from the surge brakes in the trailer. These aren't cheap.
  • Options
    landy manlandy man Member Posts: 39
    When starting my LT-3 in the AM, the tranny seems to make a clunk sound one time when in Park and immediately after the engine has turned over. The car is parked on an even surface in the garage. It has a bit over 2000 miles. Any thoughts??
    PS experiencing 16.3 to 19 MPG.
  • Options
    hawkeye54hawkeye54 Member Posts: 14
    Does it shift okay once you get going?

Just got mine back (2,150 miles). The transmission wiring harness (new design) had a broken diaphram which allowed transmission fluid to leak directly on the wiring. This caused the transmission to shift hard.
  • Options
    shawnhackettshawnhackett Member Posts: 16
    I have an 2007 LTZ with the engine whine. Supposedly they're working on the fix. What's weird is that one day my audio screen went blank (more on that later), but while it was blank, the whine was gone! Also, the clicking noise that normally comes from the blinkers was gone too. After removing my MP3 CD and re-starting the vehicle, all was back to normal, including the whine! The whine must be tied to the electrical system somehow, but GM thinks it's in the steering. I don't think so. Back to the blank audio screen... When playing an MP3 CD that I burned like 200 songs on, sometimes it causes the digital clock on the screen to disappear! Then when I take out the MP3 CD and re-start the vehicle, the clock re-appears. But that one day it made the screen go blank, and I couldn't get anything to work. But that annoying engine whine was gone and I finally felt peace and tranquility driving my $50k Tahoe! Someone please let me know when they fix it!
  • Options
    Where do you buy a cushioned draw bar at? The towing I do is normally of trailers with surge brakes too, and I hate the jolting you mentioned. I just didn't realize that there was such a thing as a cushioned draw bar available, or I'd have looked into this a long time ago, even with the expense.
  • Options
    Fortunately the transmission shifts fine. I have to go back to dealer to replace for the second time the seat heat button for the front passenger side and for the door lock to be re seated (at delivery, the back light was out for upper pad, so instead of leaving well enough alone, I had the dealer replace the button as the bulbs are non replaceable; the replacement button was damaged and the door panel apparently was misaligned upon reassembly causing the door lock to become dislodged), so I will ask about the clunk. The car almost seems to move forward a bit during the clunk - but it is in Park.

Otherwise, I am keeping on top of minor creaks that are developing around the doors and panels with silicone lubricant. This truck is absolutely equivalent to our Land Rover LR-3 - and it excels in many ways.
  • Options
    There are a couple of manufacture's on-line. SCHUCK makes a very good one, but around $150 and up. The one that is more common is made by "convert-a-ball". Its around $60.00.

http://www.schuckhitches.com/

http://www.convertaball.com/ballmounts.htm

You can find many online merchants selling both brands. Keep in mind that these probably do more to keep your hitch pin and vehicle in better condition, than keep you from feeling the jolting. In practice, it takes out the sharp jolts, and makes them more of a thud. However, before I started using them, my receiver's pin holes were getting oval shaped from all the banging around.

There is one other company here that supposedly isolates all directions of vibration. Never tried it.

http://www.rvsupplywarehouse.com/product/detail.cfm/pid/3164

Good Luck,

Dave
  • Options
    noneillnoneill Member Posts: 11
    The dealership may not have a paint sealant program - on the other hand you often won't be offered the product until you take delivery of the car and go through the finance process. If it is something you want then you should call ahead and have it done before you pick it up - to save time. (As well as any other accessories you would like to add - like the chrome assist steps, the rear fascia closeout is a GOOD one etc...)

I don't believe the paint is any worse - perhaps more environmentally friendly (chemically) from the information I read. Yet because of this there could be increased need to seal the paint from the environment by a replacement product.

If you didn't feel you had problems on the 2003 Yukon it was either because (a)the dealership seals all cars as they hit the lot and then offers the product in finance or aftermarket (least common situation except in certain dealerships that pre-load cars with double stickers on almost all the inventory) (b)you are very conscientious about removing bird poop, bugs, tree sap and water spots immediately or (c)you are not a person who particularly notices the imperfection of paint that is not meticulously cared for.

By the wasy - the color Yukon you chose will not tend to reveal as much problem as do some of the darker colors or white.

Still - I like to always seal my vehicles - partly because I prefer to be low maintenance on my vehicles, I am parked in the sun all day, and it just seems not to collect as much dirt when the paint pores are sealed. Plus I don't have to wax the car!
  • Options
    noneillnoneill Member Posts: 11
    We sold our first -(only) Denali (black) Monday night. Customer just happened to be getting a trade appraised when the transport truck pulled in with it. It is a great looking truck! So far it's the only one we've received.
  • Options
    bundamaniabundamania Member Posts: 1
    WHAT BUMPERS I SHOULD SAY!

I AM HOPING THAT THE NEW P/U LINE WILL NOT HAVE THESE FRONT AND REAR DO NOT TOUCH AT ANY TIME, [PLASTIC BUG SHIELDS] I MEAN BUMPERS ON THEM.

A REAL TRUCK OR SUV, NEEDS A BUMPER THAT CAN BE USED IN REAL LIFE SITUATIONS!
  • Options
    davidbeverdavidbever Member Posts: 6
    Are you sure it's the tranny. I'm willing to bet it is the air intake cover that you hear closing when the car's interior is cold.
  • Options
    dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    I have no idea if the architecture of the 07 is differnent than the 06. Seems I've heard people complain the guts are little different and it's mostly new skin. Anyway, I have an 06 Z71 (2wd) with 4k+ miles. I've had all these phantom noises coming from under the car as well as a disturbing "clank" first thing in the morning when I put it into reverse and/or maybe after I get into the street and put it into "D". It's not a pretty noise and sounds like there's no lubricant in the transmission.
    It does it once and not again until the next morning. My dealer has been "stand-up" about it and has had it 4 times (over night) where the service advisor has been able to duplicate the noise (one time in the morning) but without luck finding the cause.
    Fortunately, my noise has moved into stage 2 with pops and clanks when braking, turning, and accelerating. Point is, they got it to do it all afternoon yesterday and located a support bracket in the rear-end that has a problem bushing.
    I'm due to get it back tommorow so I'll let you know. The service advisor found an unofficial TSB that fit the problem perfectly. He feels pretty confident about it.
  • Options
    pocitellipocitelli Member Posts: 13
    I ordered a rear trailer hitch closeout from GM and I am so very confused on how to install this thing. The instructions are a joke :confuse: . I'm trying to figure out where exactly to mount the bracket. Anyone install one of these yet? Any recommendations would be great. Thanks.

My 2007 Tahoe: Black LT3 4x4, 20" rims, cashmere leather, DVD, power liftgate. This thing is so sweet. Exterior styling is a great evolution from an already great looking SUV. The interior, barring the hard plastic of the dash is now one of the nicest available, and it drives great.
  • Options
    bigjohn101bigjohn101 Member Posts: 19
    Go back to post #657 & #658 .... That should help .. Note..the cutout on the bracket lines up with the cutout on the bumper .. the same as the template.
  • Options
    I don't think so because it is a loud clunk from under the car - toward the rear. In fact, the car even seems to move forward a small bit when it happens.
  • Options
    Please share the TSB if you can. Good luck!
  • Options
    Here's some pretty good pics of the new Denali. Paste the link in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.- - ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D4629170691%26fvi%3D- - 1&rd=1&item=4629170691

I thought I saw a post saying that the headlights on the Denali would be HID. Looks like Halogen.

Funny that they would actually step backward. At least with the "lens" style of the previous Denalis, it kind of looked like an HID system.

Dave
  • Options
    stakeoutstakeout Member Posts: 173
    pretty sure most of the mfgr's discontinued auto-up with windows and sliding sun roofs a while back because of risk liability problems especially with kids getting their heads and whatever caught in them causing injuries and some deaths..... in fact with most of the power window buttons.. to close the window the button has to be lifted as opposed to being pressed for that safety reason..
This discussion has been closed.