Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki Aerio (Sedan) 2007

mark63mark63 Member Posts: 27
edited March 2014 in Suzuki
What's the news for redesign aerio sedan.

spy photo anyone...

One sources, says it will be a compact sedan with V6.

Comments

• chrisducatichrisducati Member Posts: 394
    From the articles I have read about the future Suzuki lineup there is no mention of a new sedan. I have read that Suzuki will start building the GM 3.2 and 3.6 V6 in Japan. There is a crossover( I. E. Hatchback)coming and R&T or MT, sorry cant remember which ,had spy photos of the car. It is about the size of the Reno but more upright styling like the SX. It was not as chunky looking as the SX. The article says the styling was done partialy by one of the Italian design firms and fininshed in Japan. It looked nice.Engine was to be a 2.0 of about 140 hp. Some magazines have also mentioned a xB fighter but I doubt Suzuki would be bold enough to bring something like that to the US market. At home they have the Lapin which while to small for the our market has great styling. If they increased its size to something close to the xB I imagine it would be a big hit.
  • neil733neil733 Member Posts: 9
    I expect the crossover you refer to is the SX4 already on sale here in Europe. It was co-developed with Fiat, sits on an enlarged version of the platform used for the European market Swift, and our versions are built in Suzuki's Hungarian plant, and are fitted with a 1.6-litre Suzuki engine, or Fiat's 1.9-litre 120bhp turbo-diesel.

See http://www.suzuki4.co.uk/sx4_html/sx4_framset.html

As for an xB rival - it could be a version of the Swift, although that would be closer to the xA, or a version of the next Wagon R+, the current model being wider and longer than the Japanese-market kei-cars like the Wagon R and Lapin, or the replacement for the Ignis.
This discussion has been closed.