Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz R-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• sand529sand529 Member Posts: 45
    Sounds like a good deal indeed. Just don't go over that 7500 per year. 25 cents per mile can get costly.
  • leo1977leo1977 Member Posts: 17
    thanks sand529. We drive short distances. On my old car I put in 10k over 2 years. I will ask how much more would 10k cost just out of curioustiy.
  • martinfmartinf Member Posts: 121
    On the 2007 R350 and R500,Mercedes is giving $6500 of marketing incentives to the dealers that is usually passed on to the consumer. You might want to check what your lease numbers would be like on a 2007. What is the discount from MSRP that you are getting on the 2008 R350?
  • dreddietdreddiet Member Posts: 4
    I got around $4000 off MSRP on a 2008 R350.
  • marcos4marcos4 Member Posts: 7
    I'm working on $4000 off. Right now I have $3700 off MSRP for the 2008 model.
    I think i got around 4k off. I got the car so it does not matter now anyways, but anyone getting a better deal then $475 per month with $1700 out of pocket (first month, banking fee, etc...) for a silver color R350 with PI, ipod option, heated seats?
  • javafan1javafan1 Member Posts: 25
    Hi Marcos4,

I just got quote from a NY dealer:

R350
    Metallic paint
    P2
    6CD
    ipod
    7-seat

Msrp 55,210, sale price 52,000, MF 0.0008, 62%
    For 33month, 10K, 525/month, 6000 out of pocket.

They did not take my offer which was 51,000 for the sale price. :cry:

Let me know what you got.

Thanks

Javafan
  • marcos4marcos4 Member Posts: 7
    Ok, for the 2008 R350, P2 with the panoramic roof, 2nd row center console, heated seats, bluetooth, metallic paint--51000. Probably could have gone a little lower but I got bored.
    My question is--how did they give you a MF? My dealer told me that it will depend on the number Mercedes sets in November when the car will be delivered??
    The MF is based on Sept 07.

Are you saying that the MF will be based upon the month I get the car not the month I order it ?

Thanks

Javafan
  • jayonyxxjayonyxx Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone heard of Mercedes' Lease Loyalty Program? I am getting close to the end of my lease (2005 C240) and am in the market for a larger vehicle due to a growing family. I like the R350 but am leaning towards the Audi Q7. Today my Mercedes dealer (Helms Bros. in Queens, NY) said that they are willing to pay the last 4 lease payments to get me into a new Benz. I am a little skeptical and was wondering if anyone has heard or taken advantage of this program? Thanks in advance.

Jay
  • mightyjohnmightyjohn Member Posts: 10
    Can you please let me know which dealership offered you this price? Thank you..
    grandprixmotors in NY. not sure I can link their website here but you can find it by googling.
  • deathmetaldeathmetal Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody know the historical MF's for the R by month. Am just wondering if I should do a October deal or Nov deal or Dec deal. The Oct MF is at .0012, if the Nov/Dec is gonna go back to the Sep level of .0008, I would not mind waiting
  • carherecarhere Member Posts: 5
    I just get a quote for a 2008 R350 AWD, Pewter
    1. P02 package,
    2. 7 seats,
    3. Panorama roof
    4. Backup camera
    5. 6 CD
    6. iPOD integration kit
    7. 33 months
    8. 10,000 mile per year.

A. $3900 down and $560 monthly (tax included)
    B. $2200 down and $620 monthly (tax included)

They will buy down the last 4 month ($500/m) of my current lease E350.
    Do you think this is a good deal?
    Can you please give me some good advice? In SF Bay Area
    I got a quote for the same spec on Sept:

33m, 10k, 525/month, 6000 out of pocket. tax 8.625% included.

May I ask what is the sale price and your tax ?

Thanks

Javafan
  • carherecarhere Member Posts: 5
    The MSRP is $54,210 and tax is 8.5%
    Did you accept your quote?
    No, I did not. I asked them to reduce the sale price to 51000 but they refused.
    One of MB saleman told me that R-class did not sale well last year and that's why R500 is no longer produced. I think it is a buyer's market for R-class.

By the way, I am also looking new volvo xc70 and I think the interior is much better than R-class but R still wins the ride.
  • ecappelecappel Member Posts: 1
    I was offered a lease deal on a MB R350. $1500.00 down, 12k miles,4matic,arctic white,P2,7seat,ipod integration,bluetooth mod,heating pkg.,rear seat dual entertainment,pano roof.$699.00 month. They are paying my last Acura payment of $650.00. The MSRP is 59,500.00-is this a good deal?
  • rmbalisarmbalisa Member Posts: 129
    I just signed a deal for an R350, Capri Blue with P1, heated front seats and 7 seat option. MSRP 52760. 12k mi/yr. Only $597 down (first month and fees/insurance), all for $416/mo + 9% tax for a total of $453/mo for 33 months. The acquisition was rolled in and the dealer ad fee ($600) was waived. Sweet! :D
  • ktoolktool Member Posts: 7
    Where did you get such a great deal? I am in the marked for a similar R, and haven't been able to get anything close. Is it a 2007 or 2008? AWD?
  • sreevsreev Member Posts: 11
    How the hell did you get that kind of a deal? You make me feel ripped off! Tomorrow, I am picking up a 2008 R350 4Matic arctic white, MSRP 50760 (P1, heated front seats, 7th seat, iPot integration) with 0 down (fees+1st month still come to $2413) and 629/mo for 33 months. Taxes rolled into payment. Which state are you in? Should I consider losing my $1000 deposit?

ktool, what is the best deal you have seen so far?
    I haven't looked for a month or so, but I was in the low $600s for a R350 4Matic with metallic paint, P1 and heated seats, 15,000 miles per year. That was with first month's payment down and taxes rolled into the lease. I am looking to get out of my MDX lease early because I am over my miles.
    sreev, basically mine is the same, a 2008 4matic, but mine includes metallic paint and the panorama roof. I was considering exactly what you have, but the difference was only $17/mo, and my wife wanted a non-white/black car and that cool roof. Like I said, my payment is only $453/mo and includes taxes in PA (9%) and the acquisition fee ($795).
    Please give the name of the dealership in PA. I would gladly drive there for such a great deal. Thanks.
    Thank you rmbalisa for the details. I'll need to have a chat with my dealer tomorrow. I'm glad I haven't picked up the car yet. I wouldn't mind driving to PA either as I live in NJ. Would you mind posting the dealer name or sending an email to sreev at exp-inc dot com? Many thanks.
    sorry, i thought i posted this before, but i guess i didn't. i got it through the MVP plan. I work for Chrysler Financial, and this is the last month to use our MB discount before it goes away next year. Thankfully I get it for 12.25% below msrp...coupled with the lease rebate ($3k), its over $9k off sticker.
    I see. That makes a big difference. What is the $3k lease rebate? Is that also for employees or for general public?
    ah, i thought it was for everyone, but I just checked my paperwork and its only for employees. i'm still debating if I want a black interior or tan...any experiences?
    I'm getting macadamia which seems to go well with white exterior. If I were getting Capri blue, I'd probably go with black because black MB Tex looks more like leather IMHO, from my own experience with a BMW with Monaco blue exterior with black leatherette (similar to MB tex) interior.
    well the capri blue i can get has macadamia, but there is also a black/black and a white/macadamia, which both are $50760, i am assuming similar to what you are getting...P1, ipod, 7seat and glass sunroof. it'll be $17/mo cheaper though...which at the end of the lease, is my turn in fee. personally i think white looks great on an MB...so clean looking!
    Well I picked up my car today after first getting the dealer upset with my proposal for a lower price (I sent them a message that I was getting ripped off before I realized your deal was through MVP plan). They did end up giving me free bluetooth interface and all-weather mats for whining. White/macadamia looks awesome on this car. White was the most favorite color for both my wife and me for this model. I think capri blue looks great too. Black was our least favorite (does look like a hearse as some reviewers wrote) although we like black for cars in general.
    well thats great...post some pics of your R so I can convince my wife to go for your color! haha
    Just got a White/macadamia R350 4-matic with
    P2
    heated seat
    7 seat

sale price: 5,0122, 33M, 12k. 568/m out of pocket 3,190. (includes all taxes and fees)

The White/macadamia R350 4-matic is the best color combination for R350 (i think).
  • handcuff68handcuff68 Member Posts: 3
    Can you please E-mail me the dealer in PA. And can you advise me if all your fees were wrapped into that low monthly payment.
    NOLUCK7541@VERIZON.NET
  • minime5minime5 Member Posts: 41
    Javafan,

What state did you purchase your R in? Can you send me the dealer name?

TIA
    sure,

NY, MB of Manhattan.
  • gavin2000gavin2000 Member Posts: 14
    Hi

any word on the money factors/residuals from MB on the R class 350 AWD for March 08 ? Also, any Dealer cashbacks etc?

I am trying to get the Cap cost under invoice on a lease, think there's a chance?

Thnx
  • spainhour66spainhour66 Member Posts: 8
    This was the deal I received from MB of South Charlotte (NC) --

2008 R350 2WD
    Pewter/Macadamia
    P2 package
    iPod kit
    7 seat option
    Panorama roof
    6 CD changer
    Heated seats

MSRP $53,420
    Sale price $48,420

Sadly, I had a trade-in of a 2004 GMC Envoy XUV that was upside down (on a purchase no less) $3500, so I had to roll that back in. MB matched the Carmax price of $10,500 on the XUV and I owe $14,049 on it, so I felt that was fair.

When I went in to sign the deal, it turned out there was about an additional $1000 worth of "stuff" in the contract (taxes, doc fess, etc), so they ended up offering 1.25% (!) financing for 72 months, a payment of $772 with no money down. While I didn't like the "throw in" of that mystery $1000, I am thrilled with the 1.25% financing and love the car.

The lease they offered was for 33 months at $779.25 with an initial payment of $854.44. 15k miles, money rate .00025, residual 55% ($26,631).

While I liked the thought of a 33 month turn-in, I am a fairly high miles driver -- I averaged 19k miles per year on the Envoy. Thus, I went for the purchase deal.

I absolutely love my R class. The payment I ended up with was within $75 of the purchase payment I was being offered on a Buick Enclave CXL with less features -- GM's best rate was 5.9%, which kicked the monthly payment up there. I'm happy with my deal and look forward to a long relationship with MB and my R350.

Good luck!
  • vtraudtvtraudt Member Posts: 52
    gavin2000

MSRP $53,420
    Sale price $48,420

Is my interpretation right? Sales price $48,420. Plus "Fees" $1,000. Trade in value $10,500. = Financed amount: $38,920.
    Conditions: 1.25% for 72 months
    Principle $540.56.
    Interest: 1.25% per year for 6 years(mathematically: on 1/2 of the finance amount): 0.0125 x 6 x 38,920/2 = $1,459.50 total interest or $20.27 per month.

Total Principle + Interest: $560.83 per months.

What is wrong with my numbers?
    HE actually owes 2500 on his old trade, so you need to ADD it ,then do the numbers.

They are correct.

FYI -- March MB lease numbers are posted at MBWORLD.ORG/forums

scroll down page to leasing forum.

R CLass numbers are worse than FEB!
    I OWED $14,000 on the trade in, so I was underwater $3500.
  • shermar76shermar76 Member Posts: 7
    Hi All,

Can someone tell me if this lease offer I got is good

R350 4matic w\ premium 2 package

$3047 cash at signing includes all taxes, fees and first month payment
    $498 / month
    33 month 10,000 miles/year

Thank You for you help
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    How much of the $3047 is actually going towards your cap cost reduction/down payment?

Deal looks pretty solid at first glance, but I'd be happy to run the numbers for you as a second opinion.

What's the total MSRP? What's your local sales tax rate?
  • shermar76shermar76 Member Posts: 7
    MSRP 53,985, I looked this up,the guy did not give me the MSRP but I sent him an email requesting more details, The taxes is 7% here in NJ, $0 of the 3047 is towards the cap cost, the 3047 is taxes, first month and all other fees...

I wanted your opinion on this because I got this price from a Leasing company "JMleasing" jmleasing.com, I asked the guy if I was leasing this car through Mercedes financial and he said yes and I will take delivery from a MB dealer, he will take care of the paper work and everything, Is this something to believe, I went to Ray Catena today and test drove the car and the salesperson gave me this quote 3000 down and 681/month which is too high compared to what I got from JMleasing, when I told him the quote I have, he said that there will be a lot of hidden fees going through a leasing company, I don't know if this is true or he just wants me to forget about the quote I got.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    It's not uncommon for a leasing company to charge you a "broker" fee for their service. In this case though, you'll need to have them itemize the deal for you. They could have structured the deal so many different ways, but without knowing the structure, it's hard to tell.

To get to those payments they quoted you, the vehicle would have to be discounted $10k, giving you a cap cost cost of $43,985 ($8k off list + $2k MB lease cash). MF being utilized should be .00065. Residual 56%.

Drive offs should be ~$1800 (1st mo+tax ($498), acquisition fee ($795) + DMV (~$425). Looks like the leasing company does have a fee involved, but it appears that the deal they negotiated on the vehicle is well below what any MB dealer is willing to do. If MB sells you this vehicle at invoice, then you subtract the $2000 lease cash, you're still only ~ $5500 off MSRP. This company appears to have negotiated a heck of a deal.

See if you can get them to itemize the $3047, and find out what the gross cap cost/selling price is?? See if the money factor I posted gels with theirs??

Let me know...
    Hi

Was wondering if anyone knows the residual for R Class lease for 7500 miles/year?

Saw above that the money factor for 33 month lease is .00065 for March.

Also, is there 2000 in lease cash this month?

Trying to figure best deal for a 33 month 7.5k year lease on a P2, full leather, lights, paint, heated seats ,ipod, center console MSRP = 58675

Boston area

Thanks
  • bknycbknyc Member Posts: 61
    just got a lease price of $673 p/m 33 month lease 10k miles prem 2/ipod/7 seat- list of $56,170
    $1985 out of pocket...

Thoughts?
    Why would you buy (or lease) a car and then not be able to drive it?
    I bought an R Class at the end of February and have already put 1500 miles on it. I love it and love driving it! To me, these low mile lease deals are like giving candy to a child and then not letting him eat it.
    whats the money factor, and tax rate? what does the $1985 consist of (cap cost reduction, acq fee, etc?...)
    My wife has a 1999 E320 with 67000 miles on it. We live righ tin the city (Boston) and she just doesn't put that many miles on it back and forth from work.

So the 7500 mile lease makes sense for us.