Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz R-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• bknycbknyc Member Posts: 61
    Agree on the candy to a child. Currently have an 06' R350 and will be replacing it with an 08', love it, however it's a 3rd car and we really don't need more miles.
    Not sure of the $ factor . $673 includes tax and $1985 out of pocket includes; 1st month's payment, acq fee and motor vehicle fees.....

Thoughts on th deal?
  • hamomhamom Member Posts: 13
    Hi..I am looking at a 33 mo lease, 15K miles a year, P2 package...6 passenger seating,. I want to do no money down...accept fees and taxes. I live in NJ...what is a "good" deal for this. We went to Prestige in Paramus yesterday and they are giving me numbers tomorrow...based on April numbers since that is when we would be "doing the deal". Can someone help with where my numbers should be to be considered a "good deal".. Thank you!
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Tell me what the exact MSRP is and what your local sales tax rate is, and I'll run some numbers.
  • hamomhamom Member Posts: 13
    msrp: 44,600...not including desitination or any of that
    p2: 7,850
    Leather: 2,200
    2nd row console: 410
    heated front seats: 710

NJ Sales tax is 7%

Thank you!
    Assuming this vehicle does NOT have metallic paint, the total MSRP should be $56,595 and carries and invoice of ~$53,000. A cap cost of invoice should be easily negotiated plus, Mercedes is offering an additional $2,000 in lease cash incentive. Thus, you should have an adjusted cap cost around $51,000.

Mercedes has a $795 lease acquisition fee that can either be paid upfront or rolled into your lease payments. This vehicle carries a 55% residual based on 15k annual miles and has a buy rate money factor of .00065 for the 33 month term you specified.

w/o acqusition fee: $655.59 + 45.89 (tax) = $701.48/mo

w/acqusition fee: $680.20 + 47.61 (tax) = $727.81/mo
  • spainhour66spainhour66 Member Posts: 8
    OR ... you could buy it outright for 1.25% like I did with virtually the same monthly payment and not worry about 15K miles per month and re-upping in 33 months. And on a purchase you should be able to negotiate down to $51,000 easily -- if not lower. It wouldnt hurt to ask what their rates are for purchase. I was quoted 1.9% and negotiated down to 1.25%. That's practically free money in my book.

It's a fantastic car -- whetever you decide to do (buy or lease), you are going to love your R-class. Good luck!
    Did the $ factor change for April on the Rs and what is it? Is there a pull forward program for the R?
    2008 R350 RWD

Best term:

33 Mo - Residual 56% - .00035

2008 R350 4-Matic

33 Mo - Residual 58% - .00055

You'll have to contact Mercedes-Benz of North America about early termination options. 1-800-367-6372
  • medphreakmedphreak Member Posts: 11
    I was curious where you found these numbers. The factors published on another website for April were:

2008 Mercedes R320 CDI RWD Wagon
    36 Month – Residual 52% of MSRP – .00135 Base Rate

2008 Mercedes R350 RWD Wagon
    36 Month – Residual 50% of MSRP – .00065 Base Rate

2008 Mercedes R350 4matic Wagon
    36 Month – Residual 51% of MSRP – .00085 Base Rate

Thanks. I have been circling the R for a while....waiting for the factors to bottom.
    First, I work with a few different leasing sources and am privy to this type of information. Second of all, the numbers I showed you are based on MBC's best rates and term for the month of April.(33mo/10k annual miles).

The numbers you posted are correct for 36mo/15k annual miles, but not for 33 mo. MBC currently utilizes the 24 mo money factor for their 33 mo terms.

If you want to alter your annual mileage allowance, you need to adjust the residual. For my posted numbers, you'd need to subtract 3% for 15k and 1% for 12k.
    Thank you for your reply and the additional information. Very helpful.
    You're welcome - happy to help! Now, just get aggressive on the cap cost and you'll have yourself a great deal.
  • d_sired_sire Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Looking for some advice. I've leased many cars before but mostly just took advantage of the best offers I saw advertised in the newspaper. I am now looking to lease an R-350 and again was looking at the current MBZ offer which is for a $45,425 msrp vehicle, $4054 out of pocket and $509 mo + tax.

After reading some of the previous posts this does not seem like such a great lease (all my other leases have been 0 out of pocket on infiniti, volvo and saabs). I live in Taos, NM and we have only one MBZ dealer in the state of New Mexico in Albuquerque so it's not like there's a lot of competition from other dealers either.

What would anyone suggest as being a good course of action so I get a lease I can feel good about? I'd like to keep my car payment around $550 mo.
    Should I go to Albuquerque and just try and negotiate them down, or would I be better off going through some non-dealer, like a broker?

Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
  • solsatsolsat Member Posts: 8
    Hi There,

I am in the market for buying a R350 AWD 4 matic and got a quote from a MD dealer at $509/month for the 33 months @10K miles without any down payments. The MSRP of the vehicle includeing the P2 pkg, 7 seat option, ipod integration etc is $53,760. Reading at the discussion forum, as you appear to be very knowledgable on this subject, would appreiciate seeking your comments and suggestions about this deal.

Thanks in advance.
    I am no expert but that sounds like a good deal to me. What's the name of the dealer :) maybe I'll hit them up and try and get the same deal.
    Do you know what the residual is? And I am assuming you mean 10k miles a year?
    It is EuroMotors of MD. The residual is .56%. Yes, it is 10K miles a year.
  • tlecotleco Member Posts: 34
    Something wrong things do not ADD UP
    YOu can not lease aR350 with out any $$$ down for $509 a month
    Tell me where and I will lease 10 cars

YOu can get 6% disocunt from MSRP and $2000 Mercedes cash. Total discount should be around $5000 from sticker.
    Even with that - you can not get a$509 a month WITHOUT money down.

Mercedes figured very high on the residual to lease the car.
    After 3 yrs, one can buy this used care for 40% of the original cost
    I called the dealer and here's what they said:
    R-350 no metallic paint, P2 package, approx $3000 down (depends on state taxes) and about $590 mo.
    So if you can get the deal above with no money down you should do it in a hearbeat.. I would!
    Couple things:

With $0 down payment/cap cost reduction, they most-likely still expect 1st mo, acqusition fee, and dmv's upfront. If this is the case, ask them the exact amount of how much you'll need to write the check for at signing? When they give you a number, don't be afraid to ask them to itemize what you're paying (i.e. - dmv fees, acqusition fee, any doc/process fees etc...)

Ask them what the cap cost (selling price) of the vehicle is?

Get me some of that info, then I'd be happy to advise further.

Btw... 33mo/10k residual on the 4-matic (not 2wd) should be 58%. The 2wd carries the 56% residual.
    I will get and share that information with you. Thanks for the comments!
    Here is what the delear said about the deal:

Capcost: $53,460 (the msrp)
    Residual value at the end of the term: 59%
    Down payment:$0 (it is all covered by the discounts)
    All I will be paying from the second month is the $509 + 3% VA tax per month.

Would appreciate your comments on these details
    Those numbers don't add up. There is no way they can cap the cost of that vehicle at $53,760 with it's current residual and mf and get you to that payment on a 33mo/10k term (with nothing down/cap cost reduction).

With current MBC numbers on this vehicle, the dealer would need to cap the cost (sell you the car) at around $44,900. Then, for $0 drive off's, your first mo, dmv's and acqusition fee would need to be rolled in, giving you an adjusted cap cost of around $46,600. This would yield payments right around $509/mo + tax.

Something is amiss here.

Perhaps there was just a misunderstanding on either your's or the dealer's part?

The only other thing I can think of is if your dealer is offering a lease special specific to his own dealership. Regardless though, if you sign paperwork that gets you to that payment based on the terms/mileage you're expecting, it's a phenominal deal. I'd just like to see how they're structuring it.

With tax, you'd be at ~$525/mo OTD. That's a solid lease on $54k automobile, especially with nothing out of pocket.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    That's a solid lease on $54k automobile

That would be an understatement... ;)

Re: VA tax... It's 3% on the whole car, not the payment, I'm pretty sure... That would make the tax about $45-$50 per month...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Oh, that's right!! VA is one of those states where the tax the entire gross cap.
  • tonycappuccinotonycappuccino Member Posts: 1
    Where is the best place to lease a R350 ny/nj area?
    If you're asking which dealer - I have no idea as I live 3000 miles away from you. However, once you find what you're looking for, I'm happy to help advise on any numbers they give you.
    Hello all -

I have been reading the board carefully and am ready to pull the trigger on a new R class in the next week or two.....if the local dealership can find a car close to what I'd like.

The current lease and purchase rates look great, but does anybody know what might be in store for May? I know that nobody has a crystal ball, but the money factors on the R have been dropping steadily this year and the current incentives end on April 30.

Also, does anybody know if there are any factory to dealer incentives right now?

Thanks for all of the information here....and thanks for any and all replies!!!!!!
  • cooler3cooler3 Member Posts: 1
    Where is the best place to lease R350 in So Cal? I live in San Diego area and am looking for a dealership with best lease price around San Diego and Los Angeles area. Anyone around here?
    Start with dealer's that are close too you. Find a vehicle you like, then report back the specs and we can give you an idea of what you should pay.
    Does anyone know what the rates are for May?
  • christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    There are still some incredible leases available if you have a Chrysler Employee family member. And there is some additional negotiating that can be done. We leased at the end of April and got Black on Black R350 4Matic with P2, ipod, 7 seat, and heated seats. MSRP $55,010, $415 per mo including 6% tax, 33 mos, 10k per year, about $1,600 at signing for first payment, acq, plate, and taxes.

If in the market for this excellent vehicle, I would see if there is anyway to qualify for employee discounted pricing.
    Do you know the pricing for non family discount?
  • a6_to_m35a6_to_m35 Member Posts: 43
    According to MB, there is a 5 month Pull Ahead program to get current leaseholders into new cars. That means you can get out of your lease 5 months early without penalty, as long as you go into a new MB.

Every vehicle is included EXCEPT for th R.

WTF?

They have a ton of vehicles coming off lease from MY06 and a TON of MY08 that they need to sell.

Anybody with a thought as to why?
    I don't understand that either. I have 3 mos left on an 06' R and would trade today....but don't want to take the hit!! It doesn't make sense not to have the same program?
    Probably have them around the 6th for you. They're pretty good right now, so I would not expect too much of a change until mid-summer.
    Do you think they will go up or down mid-summer?
    Thanks OC.
    Checking ot see if May #'s come out?
    2008 Mercedes R320 CDI RWD Wagon
    24 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00120 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 50% of MSRP – .00150 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 42% of MSRP – .00150 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 39% of MSRP – .00330 Base Rate

2008 Mercedes R350 RWD Wagon
    24 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00050 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 48% of MSRP – .00080 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 36% of MSRP – .00080 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 33% of MSRP – .00330 Base Rate

2008 Mercedes R350 4matic Wagon
    24 Month – Residual 58% of MSRP – .00065 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 49% of MSRP – .00095 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 37% of MSRP – .00095 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 34% of MSRP – .00330 Base Rate
    Thank you for the rates. Looks like they increased from last month. Did MB have a good month? Is the R selling better than appears?
    Just got $629 p/month including NJ tax of 7% for an 08' R 350 4 matic- 33 months w/ 10k miles.....Obsidian Black, P2, Ipod, Pano rf, Heated seats, Rear side sun shades and 6 seater- list $55,370. $1873 out of pocket (1st month registration/tags) also includes paying off last 2 months of my 06' R at $645 p/m ($1290)

Sounds pretty good...Pls advise.

Thanks
  • irishrogue1irishrogue1 Member Posts: 127
    assuming you did a 24mo lease on your '06, you would have gotten in on the great discounts so that your $645mo payment would have been for a well optioned R500 with no money down. Why on earth wouldnt you have negotiated your buy out on the 500 rather than ponying up more cash for a 350 (at least you should have gotten the 320) with $500 up front (not including 1st mo and $795 acq) what am i missing??

i have an '06 R500 (MSRP $64k) leased for 27mos at the height of the rebates/incentives/discounts - $520 mo. inc. sales tax, zero down other than 1st month/$795 lease acq + $900 shipping from Calif to VA.

my buy out is around $36k....i expect retail prices by fall to be under $30k....prices are already at $30-34k...the reality is that no MB dealer is going to want these off lease cars back on the lot. they couldnt sell them the first time and they wont be able to sell them a 2d time....
    Didn't get the car yet...still negotiating. Got the dealer down to $609 p/m w/ $600 due at inception, Not an option to buy the 06', called MB Financial and they want $34k (way to much).

Wish there was a greater program on this car or even something else out there to buy. Also have an 08' E350 4matic and an 07' CLK 550 Cab...always been a Mercedes fan but this time I might have to find something else.

Thoughts?
  • shermar76shermar76 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I just want a feedback on this deal I got on a white R Class 4matic, P2 with ipod integration, 6 cd changer, 7 passenger option and heated seats, MSRP 55,460. Now the deal is 1750 for fees, 568/month includes NJ taxes 7% for 33 month and 10K/year, also I have the option to add $18 more a month and get 12K/yr instead of 10 which I think I will do.
    Any feedback is really appreciated.
    Sounds like a very good deal...What dealer?
  • shermar76shermar76 Member Posts: 7
    MB of Manhattan.....Thank You
  • whitdogwhitdog Member Posts: 5
    I'm coming due in Nov to turn in my '06 r350 lease - $595/mo all in, 10K miles/yr. (I'll be over ...)

Anyone worked out a lease extension? I've heard it's possible with MBFin, but the dealers will tell you it's not since they want to sell you into a new car. Love to know any details or strategies!
    Called MB on the lease extention...said "the payments go up but would discount the purchase by $4500 and want to move the cars off their books so the incentive is to buy not extend"
  • irishrogue1irishrogue1 Member Posts: 127
    BKNYC,

they want $34k for your '06 R500? what was the orig sticker? what is your stated lease buy out ( im thinking it is $34k...)? Are you getting out early or is your lease up?

that price looks to be close to retail for an '06 R500 from dealers looking to move those cars off the lot. with a sagging economy, i suspect that prices will be headed towards $25-28k by mid summer. I dont think that $34k for a 2 yr old R500 is a bad price...it likely stickered for $58-64k 2 years ago. with all the cash off towards the end of '06, you could have purchased it for $45 - 48k.

perhaps try calling MB and inquire about extending your lease by 3 -6 months. see what monthly payment they offer and what it does to the residual buy out. i really do not think that any dealers want these used Rs on their lot right now and MB must know that.