Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• ferrisdferrisd Member Posts: 21
    Please whats the money factor and residual value for 2012 Mercedes CLS 4matic for lease 36-39 months? 15k miles/month
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Ferrisd, Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CLS 550 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ferrisdferrisd Member Posts: 21
    Thank u so much car_man, so did Mercedes change residual from 54% to 55% for December 2011 on CLS550 4matic for 36 month lease 15k miles/year?
    Hi ferrisd. Yes, 55% is the correct residual value for a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2012 CLS550 4Matic.

Car_man
    Host
  • mx122mx122 Member Posts: 1
    Hey there! How are you enjoying your CLS63? I'm thinking about leasing one too, but the dealer near me says that the MSRP price is not negotiable. How did you negotiate $6,427 off MSRP? Also, do you have the money factor? They also quoted a money factor of .003XX (so its about 7-8%).

Thanks!
  • 1_porsche_fan1_porsche_fan Member Posts: 10
    not sure if you pulled the trigger aleady, but i think .003xx MF sounds a lot. have you tried to talk to another dealer? i'm also thinking to lease 4matic this month. i'll let you know how it goes.
  • greenwilliegreenwillie Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,
    Thanks in advance for your help. Deciding between a cls63 and cls550. Do you know the March residuals and Money factors ? (tier I credit) Are they the same for both vehicles? One dealer is telling me the cls550 money factor is .00195 and the cls63 .003! Another dealer about 200 miles away is telling me I can get close to the .00195 money factor on the cls63. Also, do you know anything about the USAA discount? Thanks so much for your help!
  • greenwilliegreenwillie Member Posts: 2
    Sorry,
    15,000 miles 39 month
    I sure do greenwillie. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CLS550 with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 CLS63 is 54%. Mercedes is not currently providing any support on this car right now, so its money factor would be whatever Mercedes-Benz Financial's standard rate is in your area right now. If your credit is in good shape, a money factor of .00300 is way too high. You should probably be more like .00250 or possibly less. Again, this may vary by region though.

I know that USAA has special incentives for its members on Mercedes-Ben vehicles, but I don't know the exact amount of that offer on the CLS.

Car_man
    Host
  • dannye350dannye350 Member Posts: 30
    The incentive from USAA currently is $3000 off a CLS
  • dannye350dannye350 Member Posts: 30
    Car Man:

Can you provide the money factor and residual on a CLS 550 for 24 months 12000 miles per year.

I am in Michigan.
    Thanks for the info dannye350.

Car_man
    Host
    I sure can. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 CLS550 with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • psmdpsmd Member Posts: 20
    Do you have april lease rates for a 2012 CLS 550 4matic-
    36 months, 10k miles?
    Thank you,
    PS
    Here you go psmd. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 012 CLS 550 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • rodk44rodk44 Member Posts: 2
    Thinking about leasing a 2012 cls 550.What would be the residual value for a 36 month vs 48 month lease for 10000 miles/yr? Also my credit score is in the mid 700's ...what is the money factor I should expect ? Thank you much!
    Hi rodk44. Mercedes-Benz Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CLS 550 with 10,000 miles per year are .00145 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00145 and 49%.

Someone with a credit score in the mid-700s should easily qualify for these rates.

Car_man
    Host
  • stevsstevs Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man,

I was wondering if you know the lease rates and residuals for 33,36 and 39 (not sure what the sweet spot is) for an ordered 2013 CLS550. I should also qualify for the super elite rates (I think this is what they are called beyond standard).

Thanks!
    Hi stevs. Mercedes-Benz Financial's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2013 CLS550 with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 57% for your credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00145 and 53%.

If this vehicle is eligible for Mercedes' "Value Added" program...and I believe that it is...then the 30-month numbers can be used for a 33-month lease and the 36-month numbers can be used for a 39-month lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • aceusmleaceusmle Member Posts: 28
    Good morning Car_man,

Can you please help me with the August money factor and residual value for a 2013 CLS550? The lease term is 39 months with an annual mileage of 15,000. If it's not too much trouble I also need the numbers for the 12,000 annual mileage. Thanks a lot.
  • charge69charge69 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Could you pls tell me the August Conquest cash for 2012 CLS63?

Thank you,
    Hello aceusmle. Mercedes-Benz Financial's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CLS550 with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

If this vehicle qualifies for Mercedes' value added program then you would be able to use these numbers for a 39-month lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi charge69. Mercedes-Benz is currently providing dealers with $2,000 conquest cash certificates that can be used on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • stingers96stingers96 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please tell me the MBFS numbers for September? Looking at a 10,000 mile 3 year lease. Are they still offering the $2000 conquest cash certificates on this model?

Thanks in advance
    edited September 2012
    Certainly stingers96. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CLS63 with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. This is Mercedes' new and improved standard lease money factor...not bad.

I believe that the conquest certificate offer on this car is currently only $1,000.

Car_man
    Host
  • ppapppap Member Posts: 3
    Can you give me the same September info for 2013 CLS550 4Matic for 30, 36, and 39 month lease?
  • stingers96stingers96 Member Posts: 5
    thank you
    I'd be happy to ppap. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2013 CS550 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00160 and 55%.

If this vehicle is part of Mercedes' "Value Added" program then the numbers for a 39-month lease of it would be the same as for a 36-month lease. If not, then the residual value would be slightly lower but the money factor would be the same.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome stingers96.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you, Car_man.

I forgot to specify that I was looking for the September residuals (for a 2013 model) assuming 12,000 miles per year (instead of 15,000 miles per year) for a 30, 36, and 39 month lease.

I thank you in advance.
    You're welcome ppap. The residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ed63ed63 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man,

Could share what the current money factor and residual are for 2013 cls63 for 10k miles and 36mth?

Also is conquest still available? Or are there any other incentives? Thanks!
    Hi ed63. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CLS63 with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I have heard that the conquest cash certificate program was replaced by new dealer cash certificates for Mercedes' Winter Sales Event. Specifically, there's $2,000 dealer cash certificates out there on the 2013 CLS63 right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • kcsjkcsj Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

Can you please give me the residual for 2013 CLS550 for 36 month lease with 10k miles?

Also what is the money factor for November for top tier.

Thanks
    Hi Carman,

I am in the market for a 2013 CLS-550 4Matic and continually review your insightful responses to the various message posted on this forum. I've noticed that with respect to questions regarding leases, you refer to the MB "buy rate" lease money factor.

Specifically, for November 2012, you wrote .00160 (buy rate lease money factor). I've spoken to two different MB dealerships, each of whom told me the "lease rate" money factor is higher (.0019). Is there a difference (if any) between a "buy rate" vs. "lease rate" money factor? Let me know whether you believe there is a miscommunication or perhaps the dealership is trying to sell me on a higher monthly payment.
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    each of whom told me the "lease rate" money factor is higher (.0019). Is there a difference (if any) between a "buy rate" vs. "lease rate" money factor?

Dealer can mark up the buy rate and pocket the difference. In your case, the difference (0.0003) is just another way for dealer to pocket more profit. You can try other dealer in your city or place like Los Angeles (if you are nearby) which typically has the most competitive car dealerships. Depending on how competitive your local market, you may or may not have to accept those mark up.
    Hi kcsj. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CLS550 with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • car_leasecar_lease Member Posts: 7
    Hello car_man,
    Greetings! Can you please post the 2013 c63 december lease terms (residual, and mf ) for 36 months,10k when you get a chance? Also can you please find out if this car has a 39 month program at 36 mo rates? Would also be great if you can help set an expectation of msrp in northern ca with premium 1, and multimedia packages, as well as ongoing incentives.

Thanks a lot!
    car_lease
  • brando73brando73 Member Posts: 5
    Hi car man,

Could you please tell me what the money factor and residual would be for a CLS 30 month 15k lease?

Thank you!
  • lifescanlifescan Member Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan,

What will be the monthly payment with following variables on 2013 CLS 550
    MSRP - $79,655
    Sale Price - $77,100
    Drive Off - (First Month + $795 acquisition fee + $3,500 cost reduction)
    36 month, 10K/year miles, California, planning to get before new year.

Thanks.
    Wow cool name, car_lease. It's almost the same as mine :shades: . Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CLS63 with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm not sure if the CLS63 is eligible for Mercedes' 39-month "Value Added" lease program. I suspect that it is not, but I don't know for certain.

This is a fairly low volume vehicle that's a little out of my price range, so I'm really not all that familiar with what the market is like for it right now. I can tell you that it should be eligible for the $2,000 Winter Event Certificates that are out there right now if you can convince a dealer to use one on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Happy Holidays brando73. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2013 CLS 550 with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Let's crunch some numbers, lifescan, and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 CLS 550 that has an MSRP of $79,655 and a selling price of $77,100 through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now for 36-months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $1,056.

I worked up a zero down lease on this car for you because it is in your best interest not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Consumers who make down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. While your monthly payment will be slightly higher, it's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

If you really wanted to make a $3,500 capitalized cost reduction, it would lower the above payment to around $953.

Car_man
    Host
  • car_leasecar_lease Member Posts: 7
    Thank you car man. :) Happy holidays to you!

I did get a decent deal on a fully loaded c63 with
    performance package etc with a 6.8k reduction in cap cost. I was considering
    it seriously, along with an M3. However an Audi A7 worked out better since
    I was replacing an Audi lease and it had 4 payments left. Audi took the
    other lease early, making the A7 a more economical choice.
  • seattletwinsseattletwins Member Posts: 4
    Hi car_man,

What are the lease rates -MF and residuals for a CLS550 4matic my2013 for someone with top-tier credit?

Also, how early. In the month does MBUSA publish their lease rates? The dealers I have been talking to are not able to find a car with the options I am looking for in the nationwide inventory. I'm being told that if I want specific options(specific color, black leather seats, premium pkg, parktronic optional, burl walnut trim, std 18" wheels), i am better off building to order. However, the wild card there is that i am asked to make a security deposit, and that the lease rate can be locked only when MB assigns a VIN to the new car. ...and that the process can take 45days+. I'm OK with waiting,but should I be really putting down a deposit for the car ?

fYI, The other option which I have ruled out, is to buy from an out of town dealer ( or internet sellers that claim fleet-based rates), but I am asked to bear transport costs. That doesnt appeal to me because of th fear of any damage to the car when in transit
  • doctorg24doctorg24 Member Posts: 15
    I have been bouncing between the 7 series and A8, but came across an awesome CLS at a great deal. Unfortunately, the dealer tried to sell me a money factor that sounded way too high. I've read here that the MF has been .0016, but their MF was .0026...

Is this a common practice? Are they obligated to come down to the MB financial set rate (assuming it is still .0016...Car Man do you know what the current MF and residual are?) Their residual was 58% which sounds right.
  • seattletwinsseattletwins Member Posts: 4
    doctorg24,

Based on what I have read in these forums and elsewhere, the dealer actually has some leeway over the MF established by the car company(MB, in this case). So, they could even go lower than 0.0016 to some extent, at their discretion. However, they may not admit to this right away.
  • doctorg24doctorg24 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the info...I highly doubt these guys will go below .0016...

Any thoughts CarMan?
    edited January 2013
    You're very welcome car_lease!

Sweet car. That's quite a stocking stuffer. You certainly had a happy holiday yourself :) .

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go seattletwins. Mercedes-Benz Financial's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CLS550 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mercedes' current lease program is currently scheduled to run through 1/31/13.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.