Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    jeffyscott: I agree with you. What can you sell the MZ3 for? Private sale? people still Do That? Good Luck.....If I wre to buy a Used car it would be a previously Owned car with Warranty & Certified. Even you pay some extra bucks, its certified. Anyway: Does igozoomzoom have loan paymets on his MZ3 and will be buying the Fusion all Cash or with a loan? It would seem to me that : you would replace a 75k miles MZ3 with a Ford Fusion V6 - SEL [a larger, roomier car, better equppied] without Warranty, and take on a loan payments that you don't have now....Again presuming there are no loan payments on the MZ3.?? Or Buy the Taurus in 18 months LOL.....
  • eriks1979eriks1979 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a 2010 Fusion SE Automatic, 2.5L, Spoiler, with 202A Spec Package (i.e. moonroof ). Multiple dealers are offering it to me for $20,500 (this is after the $1000 manufacturer's rebate, but before taxes and licensing...probably another $1,500). This price came without any haggling, but it is what they said there best offer was. What should I counter with? How low should I go? Thanks,

Erik
  • gth743bgth743b Member Posts: 13
    That's already a pretty low price, I don't know that you could go much lower. Seems like a pretty good deal to me though. I believe you could walk away pretty happy with that deal.
  • petras2petras2 Member Posts: 104
    Anyone know if x-plan buyers also qualify for any rebates/incentives that Ford may offer? Also is it true that x-plan prices are generally around invoice price? thanks
  • lostlost Member Posts: 64
    when you buy with the x plan you also qualify for ANY other programs that are available at that time. The x plan also caps any other fees that the dealer adds on ( doc,advertising,etc) to a maxium of $75.00.
  • ryan1984ryan1984 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if Ford is offering 0% financing right now on the 2010 Fusion? I ask because I see "0% Financing + $1,000 cash back on all new 2010 vehicles" but under the 2010 Fusion Discounts I see a list of special financing rates available, but nothing about the 0%.

Can I get 0%? And if so, for how long.

Also, Can you negotiate with X Plan?

I'm looking to get a 2010 SE with sight & Sound. Have about $1500 negative equity in a trade in and will finance tax, title, reg No money down, and want to keep payments around $350...Do-able?
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    The 2010 Mercury Milan is now offered with $1000 back and 0 percent interest for 36 months. I would guess the Fusion will follow suit.
  • sarge2007sarge2007 Member Posts: 18
    So, this $21,575 price was before factory rebates, and clunker cash? Where was this car purchased? The price is $75 above dealer cost of $21,502.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    By "dealer cost" I assume you mean invoice, which "may not represent actual dealer cost".
  • jason80jason80 Member Posts: 35
    A dealer is telling me that the V6 now qualifies under the cash for clunkers but I dont see that anywhere! Anyone else been told this? I thought it had to get a combined 22 mpg, and the fusion sport gets a combined 21. Also according to cars.gov, it doesnt qualify.
  • gth743bgth743b Member Posts: 13
    I would trust the cars.gov website. The only things I can think of is that maybe its eligible for the $3500, not the $4500, but if they're willing to give you the CARS amount on paper for your trade, then they have to deal with it, but unless you get that amount taken off in writing, don't know that I'd just take their word for it.
  • lazzolazzo Member Posts: 8
    I see that Ford recently raised the base price of their Fusion by $355.
    Anyone know why? Is this for the new Michelin tires?
  • propwash49propwash49 Member Posts: 38
    I'm having a devil of a time trying to find out the invoice price for a car I found on my local dealer's lot. It's a 2010 Milan Premier model, and the window sticker shows the following:
    MSRP 24320
    202A package 3035
    V-6 1630
    Destination 725
    202A package discount 1040

Total 28670

According to my insurance company's buying service, the base MSRP should be 25400, and the invoice is 24007. Edmunds says the base invoice should be 22692 and the base MSRP is 24675. The only possible reason I can find is that the insurance company doesn't specify the Premier trim, whereas the Edmunds site specifically says that this is the Premier trim level. Even so, I can't make any of the numbers match up. Is it possible that there has been a change to the base MSRP (and the invoice) price since this particular car was built? I don't know how long it has been on the dealer's lot, but if it is one of the earlier 2020 models that they received, then there could have been a price hike since they got it.

I'd like to know what the exact invoice price is so that I can have a base from which to bargain.

I have also found conflicting reports as to whether there is still a cash incentive from Ford on this car. I have seen some sites that say that there is a $1000 incentive, others that say it is $500, and other sites that don't mention a cash incentive at all. Does anyone know what the true story is on factory cash incentives on the Fusion/Milan? Thanks for the help.
  • acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    They now have 0% for 60 months on all Fusions and Milans except the Hybrid. I found out on Monday, last night put $500 down on a Fusion Sport, just waiting for it to be delivered and hoping the 0% goes through. I finally decided to upgrade my car from a Camry Hybrid to a Fusion. I might lose 8 MPG, but I gain a much nicer car.
  • scottjnscottjn Member Posts: 4
    I got an offer for a 2010 Fusion I4, SEL, all options (302A, nav) except 18" wheels for $25,277 + TTL (includes $1500 cash back). Seems like a decent deal, is it? Thanks!
    Consumer Reports bottom line price(which works) shows the SEL I4 fully loaded as you speced to be $26,270. What was the MSRP on it?
  • titletowntitletown Member Posts: 7
    Just purchased a 2008 SE 2.3 L, automatic (basic SE model, w/cloth) with only option Sirius for $13,995 from a Ford dealership in Maryland. The car was a dealer loaner, with only 12,400 miles. I focused on buying a used Fusion/Milan because of good reliability reports and Ford's survivability and ideally wanted a 6 cylinder but most available were former rentals between 30-45 k miles. I found buying used, with the objective of saving a few thousand, difficult in this strange economy, with evidently low inventories of used vehicles propping up prices to some degree.

I would like to have bought a new 2010 fusion with engine, other improvements but couldn't make the stretch for a second car replacement (replacing '95 Taurus). Hopefully I got a good deal. Love the car thus far and actually for most of my driving situations I am glad I got the 4 cylinder for better MPG.
  • hackattack5hackattack5 Member Posts: 315
    From what I understand anyone who is freinds with a Ford Employee or retire can ask them for a X plan pin # It is called Ford Family and Freinds program. It is not as good as there A plan but good. I think its $200.00 over the real invoice and fees are capped at $75.00.
  • lazzolazzo Member Posts: 8
    Have not seen many prices posted here lately so...

Purchased a 2010 Fusion SEL 4cyl with 302A only:

MSRP: $26,850
    Edmunds invoice: $24,634
    FDAF: +$478
    Ford Invoice: $25,112

Price: $24,745 + $120 Adv fee + TTL

Price does not include rebate. ( I went with the $1,000 + 0.0% for 36 mths).
    $23,745 with rebate.
    How does this look?
  • koho955koho955 Member Posts: 97
    I leased my 2010 Fusion V6 SEL about 2 weeks ago.
    I am paying $380/month for 39 months, zero down, 15,000 miles per year.
    All the taxes were rolled into the monthly payment.

I have to tell any prospective Fusion buyers to take a LONG test drive before you lay down your cash. The car drives a performs great but so far the seats are REALLY uncomfortable. No matter how many adjustments I make to the 8-way power drivers seat, I'm still uncomfortable! I'm hoping they just need to be worked-in or I am going to be one unhappy camper for the next 39 months!
  • jason80jason80 Member Posts: 35
    I bought a 2010 Fusion SEL with the 302A package and rear spoiler.

MSRP 27,145
    Invoice 24,891
    Incentives 2,000
    True invoice is then 22,891(obviously this doesn't include hold-back etc. but I don't factor that in)

I paid 23,400 so about $500 over invoice. 24,475 if you include the 75 documentation fee.

I never thought I would pay that much over invoice but I just wanted to be done with it.

Dealer is also paying to get my car shipped in from another state.

I need a car and the dealer offered me an amount I was happy with for my trade in so I just took the deal. Also its less than the TMV of what others are paying according to edmunds.
  • best_grandpabest_grandpa Member Posts: 5
    I love my new Fusion,
    I found out from a friend of mine that you can shop around for the Ford extended warranty and you do not have to buy it from the dealer you purchased your car from.He told me to call Midwest Superstore in Hutchinson Kansas they are a Ford and Toyota Dealer ship.They gave him a great deal on his Toyota warranty.
    So I did just that.To make a long story short my friend was right I bought a 5 year 75,000 miles Premium Care Ford warranty for only $850.00
    The sales person was very nice and gave me his best price and did not push.I told him I needed to talk to my wife Jerry told me that was fine just give him a call when I was ready.and it would only take a few min to do over the phone.
    I saved over half of what I could have paid.
    You can do the same no matter what state you live in on any Ford with in the 3 years and 36,000 miles
    Call Midwest Superstore at 1100 east 30th Hutchinson, Ks 67502
    "MSRP: $26,850
    Edmunds invoice: $24,634
    FDAF: +$478
    Ford Invoice: $25,112
    Price: $24,745 + $120 Adv fee + TTL "

Lazzo: I know its probably to late for your deal but it looks like the dealer charged you twice for the Advertise fee. FDAF (Ford Dealers Advertise Fee) $478 then they charged you again Adv fee $120.00
    "Ford extended warranty"

Does anyone know how long I can wait to buy the Ford extended warranty?
    You should be able to purchase it any time while the car is still under the factory warranty. I pretty much did the same thing when I bought a Prius, only did it in such a way that I actually made money. I bought the warranty when I bought the car, cost $1900. Got home and later found where I could get it for $850, called in to cancel the warranty, instead they knocked $1200 off and sent me a check, otherwise they would have to dicker around with refinancing. So I got a $1200 loan @ 2.9%, When I traded in the car and called in to cancel the warranty, I got a $1400 refund. Not a bad deal. I also broke even on the trade of the Prius. For once I actually made money buying a used car.
    " I bought the warranty when I bought the car, cost $1900. Got home and later found where I could get it for $850"

I hope the dealers out there are paying attention to the power of the internet. They tried to steal over $1000.00 from you. I bet they were shocked that another dealer could sell you the same policy for a grand less ;) . In any other business that would be called theft by deception.
    It blew me away when I called Midwest Ford in Hutchinson ,Ks and they said The price for the 5 year 75,000 Premium care was $850.00 I ask him how he could do that price he said they sell alot of warrantys.
    well I am glad I called like my friend told me to all ways good to save and get a great deal
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    Considering that 5 yr/75K mi is adding only 15,000 miles to the drive train coverage and 2 years/39K mi to whatever else it covers, it is not that surprising that they can still make a reasonable profit at that $850 price (as opposed the the outrageous profit that usually results from over-priced extended warranties).
  • scottjnscottjn Member Posts: 4
    Finally pulled the plug a couple months ago: Fusion SEL, V6, 302A, navigation - $25,500 + TTL (including $1500 cash back). Took some negotiation as I originally wanted the I4 but they had the V6 on the lot. Buying experience was pretty good, much better than when I bought a Camry 6 years ago. Love the car, the Sync and Nav are great.
    Yes
    You can Buy the ford warranty as long as you are in the 3 years and 36,000 miles when I called Midwest superstore Kansas thats what they told me but he said did not no what price would be in 2 years. Jerry gave me a good deaI at $850.00 Never the less I Like my new car lots Ford has done very good with the Fusion
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Ok I;'m in the market for a new car, I'm looking at the Fusion SE I-4 with the 6 spd Manual and with the following options. The 202A (sunroof and sync) and the 14C which is the Appearance package (also known as Sport Package) I see on Edmunds the invoice is $21,543 without the 2K rebate from form, so with the 2K rebate makes it $19,543. So what can someone really pay for this model? I'm in the Phoenix,AZ area.
    I have a friend that works for Ford and I got a friends and family deal (X plan) I paid $200.00 over invoice = $75.00 fees. Part of the dealers invoice has a Ford advertising fee of any where between $300.00 to $500.00 that you will have to deal with. but thats it.
  • 7qa7qa Member Posts: 1
    I'm also looking at the 2010 Fusion. Is there a $2000 rebate? I thought it was $1000.
    "I'm also looking at the 2010 Fusion. Is there a $2000 rebate? I thought it was $1000"

I believe its $2000.00 if you do your own financing OR $1000.00 + low APR fiance from Ford Motor Credit
    When I bought mine I took the rebate and got 5 year loan for 3.6% APR from a local bank.
  • kaiwkaiw Member Posts: 8
    I got this quote:

2010 Fusion SEL I4 (no additional options)
    Edmunds invoice: $23,072
    Dealer price: $21,690 (with $2000 rebate) + TTL

How does this sound?
    "Dealer price: $21,690 (with $2000 rebate) + TTL"

It looks like the dealer is making $608.00 + the hold back money which is 2% or 3% of sticker price. If I were you I would take the $21,690 and add your tax and add about $50.00 for title and tags and what ever that comes up to offer them that as a OTD (out the door price) if you do not get the OTD they will add fees here fees there and before you know it you have been had.

Example
    21,690.00 +
    1409.50 (6.5% tax)
    50.00 (transfer current plate and title fee)

That way they can not sneak anything in your payment because the truth in lending form will say total purchase price. If it was me I would take $200.00 off that offer and wait till they jumped on it.
  • nazirvnazirv Member Posts: 15
    Hello,

I just signed a deal for a 2010 Fusion SEL 4 cyl with 301A option (moon/tune) in Boston, MA. Here is the breakdown:

$24,546 Price
    -$4,800 Trade in (2001 Accord EX with 100K miles)
    -$1,000 Ford Accord trade incentive
    -$2,500 Ford Rebates
    $1015.38 6.25% sales tax
    $234 Title, registration, doc fees
    $17,495 OTD total

Is this a good deal?
    Nazirv:
    Looks like a sweet deal to me. You are going to love that car.
  • brueggiebrueggie Member Posts: 46
    My '05 Camry just turned 96k miles and it is time for a new car. I have been bouncing back between a '10 Camry and '10 Fusion. I am looking at a '10 Fusion SE manual with Sun & Sound + spoiler for a MSRP of 22815. What would be a great deal right now OTD? I qualify for 2k in rebates plus another 1k if I trade in the '05 Camry.
    Shoot for anywhere between 21500 and 22700 for this one before incentives. You may be able to get it for 19700 +TTL after incentives. Check the local incentives for financing, if you get a really low interest rate and a low down payment, it may save you more money than the incentives do.
    They have come back with $19499 which is $3316 off. This only includes the 2k current rebate offer. I am going to shoot for $12,500 OTD after $7000 trade and 1k trade in bonus for a Toyota.
  • strnsctstrnsct Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    Just paid 5% under invoice for 2010 Fusion SEL 4 cyl with 302A option + Nav + spoiler, minus trade in ($1500 reasonable offer) x 7% sales tax
    - $2500 in rebates + $2000 down
    Documentation fee ($150), license transfer fee ($16), registration fee ($39)
    Final price = $21800 :)
    22815.00 MSRP
    21499.00 Sales Price
    2000.00 Manufacture Rebate
    1000.00 Toyota Trade Bonus
    6500.00 Trade

Originally came back with 5500.00 trade then bumped to 6000.00. Emailed them this morning and told them 13k out the door and I would be in Saturday. Called me within the hour and we agreed on $13,068.71!
  • fusiongalfusiongal Member Posts: 1
    I traded my 2008 Honda Accord LX for this 2010 Ford Fusion SE. I LOVE it. I got $3500 in rebates which included the $1000 to trade in the Honda. The leases are running high, but the buys are great right now if you can get a good interest rate.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    So what did you end up paying for this Fusion?
  • web2323web2323 Member Posts: 20
    Hello all. I am looking to buy a 2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD with 402A. MSRP is $30,225. Dealer is running a 20% off deal that includes all the rebates (20% off the MSRP before the 402A package discount).

I test drove this car and absolutely love it!

I have a 2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 that is coming off of a lease. I am 15,000 miles over plus have 2 payments remaining. Dealer is giving back $2,400 to cover this and allowing me to turn it in.

Sale Price: $23,697 (includes $3,500 in rebates)
    Sales Tax: $1,767 (6.5% dealer says I have to pay taxes on the price before rebates?)
    Tags/Docs: $ 285
    Negative Equity $2,400

I'm looking to finance this for 72 months. A+ credit. Dealer is giving me a rate in the "low 5's". Does this seem like a good deal?

I told them I wanted to take my car to Honda (which is the same chain of dealerships right down the road) to get an appraisal on any additional wear/tear items Honda tries to hit me with.

I'm a Toyota and Honda loyalist. But I figure it's time for a change. Help out the American companies.

Thanks!
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    how about picking a less expensive model? it would make more sense financially, although that seems like a good price on the 'Sport' model. why would you want to finance for 6 years? that's asking for trouble.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    edited February 2010
    REF: 252
    1. Fusion is made in Mexico
    2. A+ credit but you were dumb enough to overdrive your lease by 15000 miles
    3. Credit union rates for 72 month loan are 4.4 to 4.6% in the midwest
    4. You do have to pay tax on the rebates - that is normal
  • web2323web2323 Member Posts: 20
    I switched jobs 1/3rd of the way through my lease. Went from about 20 miles roundtrip a day to 80 miles roundtrip a day.
  • nazirvnazirv Member Posts: 15
    You DO NOT have to pay taxes on rebates...my breakdown is below on a 2010 Fusion SEL with 301A (moon/tune) package:

$24,546 Price
    -$4,800 Trade in (2001 Accord EX with 100K miles)
    -$1,000 Ford Accord trade incentive
    -$2,500 Ford Rebates
    $1015.38 6.25% sales tax (AFTER TRADE & REBATES)
    $234 Title, registration, doc fees
    $17,495 OTD total