Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mafamafa Member Posts: 1
    what dealership in new jersey did you go to? looking for a fusion also.
    thanks
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    What was the msrp price? If you got 2500 in rebates, did you qualify for one of the extra $500 rebates? The ones for college students, military or police. That is an awesome deal. I have been looking at Fusion also.
  • jwkimjwkim Member Posts: 2
    that's quite awsome...I'm in NY area and looking to buy the same one. Can you tell me which dealer you went to? Thanks.
  • pleplatpleplat Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Just came from the local Ford dealer: Trading in 2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD and with that trade in got 2010 SE sun roof, sync, apple red for 15k OTD. Is this a good deal?
  • jazztpt216jazztpt216 Member Posts: 5
    The only way to tell if this is a good deal or not is if you provide more information. What are you paying for the Fusion, what rebates are included, what are you getting for the Volvo, etc...
  • racman7racman7 Member Posts: 1
    i will have access to the x plan and going to the dealer to find a fusion. sel with 302a and appearance pkg. msrp 28,070. edmunds says invoice is 25,766. does anyone know if the x plan will be less or more than invoice before rebates? with the x plan, can i get all rebates and 0% if i qualify? thanks.
  • podpod Member Posts: 176
    I purchased a Mercury Milan Base with 103A option package, tuxedo black clear coat, grey cloth interior, after minimal haggling, for exactly $20K OTD (including all fees, registration, title switch, sales tax (7%)), When you do the math the car itself cost $19.1 (despite 24.3K sticker MSRP) minus $800 trade in for a 2000 Sable which was tired after 145K miles and needed rear suspension replaced and new brakes and had oil pan and main seal small leaks. The trade in was the room to negotiate. In effect I replaced my old car with a new one which cost $18.3. The 103A adds 17 inch alum wheels, michelin tires, electrochromatic mirror, synch voice activated systems, and power moon roof, rear spoiler, fog lamps, floor mats. The base includes LED tail lights, halogen headlamps, keyless entry, heated mirrors, power drivers seat, manual AC, in dash CD player, tilt and tele steering wheel with audio, cruise control and synch bottons on wheel, Acoustic windshield and double sealed doors, extra sound insulation over Fusion, softer suspension tuning, grey cloth interior. The dealer added (1) free key replacement (up to $500 first year), free dent repair for one year, free courtesy shuttle for life, free windshield repair for one year, 1st and every fifth oil change free, 5% off service charges for life, and a $500 loyalty trade in allowance if next car bought there. I like the ride. It is supple and quiet. I like that you can dim the dash off completely if you wish at night, the dash controls are adequate in location and grouping, low tire pressure warning light, the sight lines are excellent (I am six feet tall) with exceptional side mirrors and plenty of room overhead (despite moon roof). The trunk is big with low access to load. The engine compartment has dip sticks for everything and lots of space to allow DIY maintenance if you wish. It also has sirius x 6 mos. Local AM/FM sound good with the shark fin antenna. I am used to a V6 and the I-4 acceleration is adequate (though I haven't pushed it) but it gets to speed through the gears quickly and there is no engine noise or wind noise while cruising at 70 mph.
    I am very pleased. The dealership is Flood Ford Group, Naragansett, R.I. They sold two more while I was there the next day to drop off some papers. Identical. Don't know what they went for but my negotiations were pleasant and the dealership was clean and comfortable. As you might infer. I am pleased.
  • madox75madox75 Member Posts: 6
    Just made a deal on a 2010 Fusion Sport with the 402A, premium floor mats and all weather floor mats. Sticker after Rapid Spec discount is $30,350. Final deal was either $25,000 if I take the $2000 rebate or $27,000 if I take the 0% for 60 months. I'm also getting an additional $1500 rebate for being a returning Ford lessee with either deal. Finally, the dealer is giving me $12,000 for my 08 Fusion SE that has the 4cyl and manual trans. KBB in good condition is $11,775. Overall, I'm really happy with the deal. I'm going to take the 0% deal because I'll end up paying less in the end. So i guess the bottom line is I got the car for $25,500 with 0% for 60 months and getting KBB value for my trade in.
  • acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    Thats a sweet deal, is that before or after taxes? Mine cost me $30k after everything was signed, with 0%. The car has been great, 17k miles since I got it last september, and other then having the front rotors trued up, the car has been very dependable. I was a bit too hard on the brakes the first few weeks I had the car, it is so much fun to drive.
    Its before tax and tags, so I guess you have to add about $1K back on to that, but I don't hold that against the dealer... The state and Uncle Sam need their share too...lol.
  • neile457neile457 Member Posts: 65
    TTL is 10% around here (9% for taxes), so around here it would be close to $2500. Yours is only 1k?
    Yea, 6% tax and $202 for tags and title. I'm not sure what number they figured the tax on, but I ended up paying $26,500 for the car, got the $1500 returning owner rebate, and got KBB value for my trade. The dealer was Koons Ford/Nissan of Falls Church VA. I dealt with Mike Bancroft. Really stand up guy, and a super easy buying experience.
  • thepieguythepieguy Member Posts: 14
    To my disappointment, Ford did not increase cash rebate incentives on the Fusion in July. I thought they might, since 2011's will be here in less than a month and the Fusion has had the same $2k rebate all year. Current incentives state they are valid until October 4th, is Ford really not going to discount the 2010 models any more than they have all year?
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    They have $2500 on it, at least in my area.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/incentives/
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    The Fusion is selling very well for Ford, so why should they discount them?
    It's not exactly a foreign concept to discount a car when the new model year is about to hit the lots. It seems logical to expect a little bit more of a discount then they've been offering all year long when 2011s start production in a couple of weeks.

The Fusion may be selling well, it's a great car, but it's not like they are selling on the same level as Accord/Camry. And does anybody think the Fusion would be selling as well as it is if it weren't for the attractive incentives that it's had for a while now?
  • jazztpt216jazztpt216 Member Posts: 5
    To each their own. I would not be caught dead in a Camry, great car though it may be. Way too much isolation from the road for my tastes. If you want a completely numb driving experience, the Camry is for you. The current Accord is pretty ugly in my opinion, but it drives much better than the Camry. Honestly, I think the car the Fusion has to watch out for is not the Camry or Accord, it is the 2011 Sonata.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who were looking at mid-size vehicles and were choosing between a four and six cylinder engine but chose the four cylinder because of fuel prices or to save money. Please send your daytime phone number and the car you purchased to ctalati@edmunds.com by Monday, July 19, 2010.
  • chinorthchinorth Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2010
    If I could get a 2010 4-banger SEL, leather, w/ the 301A package (moonroof/Sony system), for $24,600, minus a $2500 incentive for $22,199, would that be a decent deal? I thought about getting an X-Plan PIN, but based on the formula I found, X-Plan is (.004*invoice)+invoice+$275-incentives, which would put me right at $22,300 or so...I've already received a dealer email offer at that pricepoint, WITHOUT the X-Plan. It's clear they aren't messing around in moving these '10s.

Has anyone bought one very recently during the 2010 inventory dump? What kind of deals are you getting? Think I could get it below $22K?

(Sorry for editing this 18 times in 20 minutes)
    That would be a perfectly acceptable deal. However I think that if you told them you'd do it for $21,500 and stuck to your guns, they'd probably take it, or you could probably find another dealer that would. Of course I'm assuming that you've listed all the options and the invoice on this car is about $24,200. Your bargaining chip is that 2011's are in production now and even at this price, they are still making some money on holdback.

Personally, I would not spend a dollar more than invoice minus rebates because it's the outgoing model year and they should at least do that deal for you.
  • orion2001orion2001 Member Posts: 1
    So I finally bit the bullet and went with the 2010 Ford Fusion S. I was originally looking to buy a Civic with manual tranny (I really like stick shift) but after a week of agonizing over specs/reviews, I realized that I'd get a lot more for my money with the Fusion S.

I did a lot of research, and used all the tips over at carbuyingtips.com and fighting chance, and I ended up getting a Silver 2010 Ford Fusion S for $16,400 (with a $2500 rebate).

Cost me a total of $18,100 OTD. I think I got a pretty sweet deal :D. A few of the dealers I spoke to said that there was no way I'd get that quoted price because it was too low!

Btw, where do you guys suggest buying all weather floormats for the car? I'm concerned with getting a generic brand as I've read about the floormat pedal sticking issue with the Fords, and I'd rather have the Ford floormat that is anchored to the floor with a hook.
    For the floor mats, look at weathertec, the Ford Factory ones are nice, but leave a lot of open area that gets grungy. The Weatherteks cover more area and are from fitted, and lock in place as well with no pedal interference. Husky also has some decent mats. I got the Ford Fatory ones, and regret I didnt go with the Weatherteks now, my carpet needed a good cleaning after last winter.
    chinorth,
    Did you end up getting your Fusion? If so, what do you think? How did you do?
  • robodannrobodann Member Posts: 3
    looking to possibly lease SEL '10 w/ leather, moon roof and nav. 4 cyl.
    terms: 36 months - zero down - excellent credit - 10,500 miles / year.
    quote: $451/ month including PA sales tax or base of $413 w/out tax.
    early in the search process. is this a good deal ?? thnx in advance :confuse:
  • muigi84muigi84 Member Posts: 2
    I went to Lawrence Toyota on Rt 1 near Trenton. I wanted to say that the total was $22,700 out the door, which included the $2,500 rebate, not in addition to. I also supplied my 2007 college transcript which allowed for the incentive. The MSRP was $24,655.
    Seems kind of high. I got a 2010 sport with everything except NAV and pay $500 a month, non lease. I'm fairly certain the Sport with the V6 costs more than what you are looking to lease. IOW, a lease should be less expensive than an outright purchase since you are in essence paying the depreciation for the term of the lease. I would keep looking for a better deal. Also keep in mind, leasing also reduces the chances of getting a better deal on a car than outright buying it.
  • jvosjvos Member Posts: 91
    keep in mind, leasing also reduces the chances of getting a better deal on a car than outright buying it.

It shouldn't! You should always negotiate your best price first. Then go into cash, finance or lease. The dealer makes the same regardless of how you pay for it.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    I agree, DO NOT get caught up in your final payment, this is how dealers make the money.. On a lease your down payment should be less then 1K down, first, Security deposit and tax and Lic. Granted the more you put down the lower your payments, but that defeats the reason for a lease. Edmonds has a wonderful tool to help explain what a lease is and how to understand all the terms that is used in a lease. They also have a work sheet that I highly recommend people to use when going to a dealer to get a lease.
  • jkbrilljkbrill Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2010
    Yesterday morning (8/21) I came across a special being run by Al Packer in White Marsh (dealership in Baltimore). They advertised a NEW 2010 Fusion no options at $14,884. I lived in Texas and went on Ford's website and started looking at all the dealers I could fine that had 2010 Fusions at an MSRP of $20,440 (cars identically equipped to the Fusion advertised in Baltimore). This is the base car, 4 cylinder, manual.

I called four dealerships and told them I had a firm offer at $14,884 + TTL and would be placing a deposit with them in about 3 hours time, unless they could match it. One dealer never called me back, 2 told me if I could get one for that price then to take it, and one local dealer said they would do it and match the advertised price.

Before driving to the dealer I confirmed the details, $14,884 + Tax, Title, & License (No Dealer prep charges, I don't pay that). I showed up and everything went seamless. Some of the upgraded options would be nice, but I think it is a tremendous value. Simply a great car for less than $15,000. This price was after the $2,000 Ford rebate, meaning I got the dealer to discount $2,294 below his invoice (which I know is not a real number).

Anyway, if you are interested in a base Fusion, I hope sharing my experiences help in your negotiation. I think this a lot of car for the money.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    That's an AMAZING DEAL- CONGRATS!!! For $14,884, I could certainly live with a few less than features than I would normally expect...but I just took a look at the 2010 Fusion S standard equipment and it has all the important stuff-

Power Windows & Mirrors
    Auto Power Door Locks with Keyless Entry
    AM/FM/CD/MP3 4-speaker stereo
    Manual A/C
    Cruise Control
    16" alloys w/ P205/60HR16 tires
    ABS, Traction Control & Stability Control
    Side-impact and side-curtain airbags
    2.5L 175hp engine & 6MT good for up to 31mpg highway and 0-60 in under 8.0sec

That's a LOT of car for less than $15k. My guess is that the 6-speed manual version of the Fusion S is a slow seller for many dealers, so when they have a bite on one they're willing to slash their profit to move it. Most manual-transmission 2010 Fusions have been the SE (often with Appearance or Monochrome Package). So the S 6MT turns out to be an even better deal thanks to that!

What color did you get?
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    Really nice work and thanks for sharing! If I could get a 2010 Sport for ~$2000 below invoice plus cash rebates then I'd jump on it instead of waffling over 2010 Sport vs ordering a 2011 Sport vs trying to find a 2008 G35 for a reasonable price, like I'm currently doing...
    Yes, I am sure the MT and the 2011's starting to come in had a lot to do with getting this kind of deal. Choice on this was limited and the car was white. I personally do not like white cars, but if we have a few more summers like this year's I may change my mind.
  • sigma1914sigma1914 Member Posts: 9
    Just an FYI, the performance difference between a 2008 G35 and a Fusion Sport is *huge*. I moved from a 2008 G37Sport coupe to a 2010 Fusion Sport, while I like the Fusion Sport - the driving dynamics, especially braking and obviously acceleration and handling put the cars in vastly different categories.

Again, I'm still happy with my Fusion Sport (its 5 months old now) and the deal that I got.
    Thanks for the info sigma1914, the more I know the better decision I can make. I was definitely under the impression that the G would far outperform the Fusion in those categories. But I'm not an aggressive driver, I'm just looking for a sedan that feels "just right" in size, has a great reliability rep, good safety scores & features, good connectivity options, well crafted and comfortable interior, enough power for a quick pass at 60+ mph and doesn't sway like a Camry in the corners. My research has continuously pointed me to these two cars in my price range!
  • bruin4everbruin4ever Member Posts: 4
    Looking at 2010 Fusion Se Auto with rapid spec 202....Msrp 23,720 invoice 21,878 . What would be a good offer below invoice before rebates?
  • fusionpowerfusionpower Member Posts: 1
    Had a great experience at Soerens Ford in Brookfield, Wisconsin. It helped that I had no trade in and didn't need financing. Purchased a Fusion SEL with rapid spec 301 and white tri-coat. I've had it about a month now and love it! Here's the breakdown.

MSRP: 26,770
    Service Fee: 119
    Discount: 2,013

Cash price: 24,867
    Tax: 1,269
    DMV: 164
    Rebate 2,500

Final: 23,808

This was the exact car I wanted and I knew there was only two in the nation. The other one had been sitting on a dealer's lot since last November and this one was fresh off the line.
  • fordx3fordx3 Member Posts: 2
    can you tell me what dealer you got this at? city? i live in texas and would love to get in on this deal if i can.... any sales person you might recommend as well? thanks! nice deal by the way....
  • approluapprolu Member Posts: 6
    I live in the DFW area an very interested in buy a 2010 Fusion within a couple of days . What dealerships did you call?
    I do not remember who all I called, but I found Bankston to be the most agressive a few weeks ago. That is the only dealer who was willing to match that price. Bankston FW off of I-20 and Campus is the dealership I purchased my fusion through.
  • fordx3fordx3 Member Posts: 2
    its not in ft worth but bluebonnet ford in new bransfuls had an add for this price on the base model fusion ....they had quite a few in stock when i looked last a few days ago ....
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Have you recently purchased, or are you now considering buying, a domestic vehicle for the first time or the first time in a long time? If so, send details to pr@edmunds.com. Thanks!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• makslickmakslick Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    i am in the market to buy ford fusion. how much people are paying? i wanted to compare price with and without x-plan Thank you!!
    What year (2010 or 2011) and trim level (S/SE/SEL/Sport/Hybrid) are you wanting to compare pricing on? Also what option packages? If you're looking at the SE or SEL, do you want the 2.5L 4cyl or 3.0L V6?

With some specifics, I'll try to help....
    Where are you located? There should be some good deals around this time now with new models rolling in, and dealers wanting to move existing stock.
    edited October 2010
    i called in one dealer with zip code 48190. one dealer quoted me a price of
    NO x-plan
    $500 student discount
    190 dealership fee
    TTL

X-plan:
    75 dealership fee
    TTL.
    it sounds like why to go on x-plan? it simply doesnt make sense. thanks
    to add : it was for 2011 ford fusion SE automatic. I sent request thru amex auto program, got better prices than x-plan. i will update this weekend about my test drive and possible buy.
    The X-plan is just an easy way to sell cars, saves time haggling, but doesn't always give the best deal. I had considered going X-plan when I bought my Flex, but after setting a baseline below Xplan pricing with my dealer, they were able to it for below X-plan, based on the price I was looking at. What I did was took the dealer cost and invoice, and based off those two numbers set my price, which was roughly in the middle. I got the Flex for just about invoice, within $200. At least 6K below sticker.
  • sigma1914sigma1914 Member Posts: 9
    I agree with not starting with the XPlan. When I got my '10 Fusion Sport this past March, my deal beat the SPlan and XPlan pricing by a decent amount. I ended up with ~$400 under invoice, not including the $2000 cash back.

BTW, I'm still enjoying the Fusion!
    It will vary depending on your location and which incentives you choose. Using my Zip Code in the Atlanta, GA area, the incentives available are-

$2000 cash incentives + 1.9% APR for up to 60mos *
    *$1000 of cash incentive AND 1.9% APR require financing thru manufacturer's captive finance company.

$1000 cash incentive + 0.0% APR for up to 60mos *
    **Cash and APR require financing thru manufacturer's captive finance company.

With the $2000 cash incentive deal, the price on the $24,460 car (Tuxedo Black, Pkg 202A) should be around $20,775 to 21,000.

With the same deal, the price on the $23,960 car (Blue, Pkg 201A) should be around $20,340 to $20,590.

I ran the numbers real quick to get an idea of which offer is better- the $1000 & 0.0% or $2000 & 1.9%. I used the $21,000 figure with a $2000 down payment for 60months. With the $1k/0.0%- payment of $360.83/month OR $2k/1.9%- payment of $359.73/month. A whopping $1.10 per month difference???

If you don't qualify for their 'captive finance' deal, you can still get the $1000 Promo Cash and the $24,460 car would cost you $21,775 to $22,000.

Hope this helps...btw, the extra $500 for Power Moonroof is well worth it, IMO. Plus I think the Fusion looks best in Tuxedo Black! =)