Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fritzyfritzy Member Posts: 12
    Are you sure you want to buy this car? You're already taking at least a $3,000 hit because it's last years model and you'll have to list the damage & repairs when you tradin this car. Repair paint and body filler is never as good as the original finish. Offer them $19,150 by phone or email and be prepared to walk away. The economy is slowing down and we will be in a recession in January and the industry knows this and the dealer knows that it's hard to sell "damaged goods". People pay a premium for a new vehicle because well- it's new and not wrecked, damaged or driven by someone else. As soon as the 2006's clear the lot Ford will be offering incentives on the 07's, but I understand they have a lot of '06s (mostly trucks) to get rid of. Good luck!
  • kemikemi Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your response! I greatly appreciate it. Well, I'll tell you what I did. I did a search on Kelley Blue Book and entered in the vehicle information as a "used car" and selected the appropriate condition buttons listing the body damage "less than $3000" and came up with a trade in value of $16,740 and a private party value of $18565, so I called the sales guy and told him I would be willing to pay $17,000 for it. (I'd buy it for that price and may even go as high as $18,500.) He has yet to call me back. But, I'll keep you posted.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    You should get an extra discount for your trouble, but getting the car for the same price as if it still needed the $3000 in repairs now is not what will happen since it has already been fully repaired.
    If you have any doubts about the repairs, the buy one that was never damaged instead.
  • ken74ken74 Member Posts: 13
    Hello all,

I am the proud owner of my first new Ford. I just purchased a 2007 Fusion SEL V-6 with sun roof, heated mirrors and seats, traction control, Audiophile stereo system, leather, etc.... I am not even sure what else there is on this thing. I keep finding new stuff I did not realize was on the car.

Long story short, I paid $21,500 for the car here in Charlotte, NC. Sticker was $25,080. Very excited and happy so far....

Traded out of an 07 Camry, it sucked..... bad. Unfortunately, I took a hit on trade, but with the price of the Fusion (which ironically is about what I paid for the Camry) I made out ok.

Wish me luck; I don't need another lemon......
  • scape2scape2 Member Posts: 4,123
    You got a killer deal!! I'm bummed now, thought I did pretty well. I paid $23,000 for my 06 Fusion SEL V6 loaded with all options.. sounds like yours. I did get 0% financing.. did you?? :surprise:

Why did the 07 Camry suck??
  • ken74ken74 Member Posts: 13
    Sorry for the delay in reply......

The Camry had a bad hesitation a random. This made driving it frustrating to say the least and at worst could cause an accident(and almost did).

So far, I love the Fusion.

As for the 0%, I did not manage that. You got a sweet deal there and although I paid less up front, on the back side I will have paid more. Your payment is probably lower as well.

Enjoy your car!
  • fritzyfritzy Member Posts: 12
    I got 1.9% for 4 years on July 4th, mine was the I4 manual with no options. Did see a nice deal on '07 Fusion SE V6 Auto 6 speed with all wheel drive & premium sould for $19,xxx something advertised in the Denver Post from a Denver Dealer the other day!
  • blueszbluesz Member Posts: 11
    2006 SE ford fusion, 4 cylinder, 2.3 6 month put l3,000 miles.

A private person, she told me there was an accident on the bumper and had it replaced, I could not see any obvious dent by exterior look. I checked Carfax, now, th accident has not been displayed yet.

The engine is quite when idle, but kind of noisy when speeding up, when speed is stable, it is quiet again. Is it normal?
    How much is it worth?

Thanks for your comments and advice.

This Fusion is the AUTOMATIC SE (2.3L I4) model with the following upgrades:

-leather
    -LARGE power moonroof
    -Anti Lock Brake System
    -Front and Side Airbags
    -Perimeter Alarm
    -premium aluminum wheels
    -premium sound with 6 CD/MP3 player
    -Safety/Security Package
    -SE Sport Package
    -Fog Lamps
    -power driver's side seat
    -dashboard computer/message center
    -60/40 rear split seat
    -2.5 years of (3 year/36,000K mile) WARRANTY left
  • intbuyerintbuyer Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone heard anything about 0% financing, or anything close to that coming up in the near future? I was in the local dealership today, and they said that the best they could do is 4.9. But then I would lose out on the $1000. rebate. I'm looking to buy a new Fusion within the next couple of months. Let me know, Thanks.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    Edmunds and cars.com both indicate that you should currently be able to keep the $1000 and get the discount financing...but perhaps they are mistaken on that??? IIRC, lowest rate shown is 2.9% for 36 mo. and higher for longer terms.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    Since no one has answered your post, I'll try. I would go to the "Smart Shoppers" forum and click on "Used Car Values". there are a couple of folks in the car business that can give you a good idea of what this vehicle is worth.
  • jkwh50ajkwh50a Member Posts: 7
    2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4 cyl, w/ ABS & A/T. MSRP $21,395, paid $19,250 after #1,000 rebate & 2.9% for 36 months. Dealer also waved the $176 Doc fees. In N.J.
  • wiredpairwiredpair Member Posts: 22
    Just bought an '07 SEL V6 yesterday, picking up tomorrow. I got X-plan pricing so there wasn't any negotiating.

SEL V6
    Black/Dark Charcoal
    Leather Seats
    Heated Seats
    Traction Assist
    One other option I can't recall - will edit later.

Also added DIO remote starter - got hosed on that one.

MSRP: $24,615
    X-Plan: $22,950
    Rebate: $1,000

My first new car at nearly 34 years old so it should be interesting.
  • wiredpairwiredpair Member Posts: 22
    Couldn't edit the post - over the time limit.

The other option was ABS.

I wonder if I should have leased instead of paying cash. I drive about 25k a year though so I was afraid of going over on mileage.

Eric
    The only reason to lease (IMO) is if you want to change cars frequently. Leasing would seem to, perhaps, be more convenient for those who do that, though not necessarily cheaper than buying and trading.

The lease would include finance costs (they just don't call it "interest"), which you avoid by paying cash.
    my Fusion SEL V6 loaded, sunroof, leather, heated seats, every option available, about 9 months ago now for $23,000 and got %0 for 5 years. I thought I got a good deal, now I'm wondering :cry:
  • otaku18otaku18 Member Posts: 10
    Bought my 2007 V6 SEL AWD with the following options:

Sunroof, spoiler,sirius, basically everything but audiophile and navigation. I paid MSRP at about $27k the dealer was for the most part great but I've dealt with them numerous times. They were a bit pushy trying to sell me an extended warranty but otherwise were great
    Do you feel better now...I assume $23K was not MSRP.

I would estimate that $23,000 at 0% for 5 years is worth $2000 to $4000. Based that on either financing at 7%, or earning 3.5% after tax, if you would have paid cash.
  • sprscottsprscott Member Posts: 1
    I bought my Fusion on March 5th. I bought a D.Blue Pearl Metallic V6 SEL. I added every option except the spoiler, and navigation. MSRP was 28,400 I paid 23,600 but I paid cash so I was able to negotiate the price alot. My price was out the door so no extra costs were made. I did add wheels tires, spoiler, and had my windows tinted within the first week of ownership. I've invested a total of 25,590 and am very happy with my car and added a little customizing to make it more my own.image
  • sk8ermaidensk8ermaiden Member Posts: 20
    Bought a new 2007 V6 SE in Tungsten. The only things added are the ABS and side airbags. Invoice is 19,305, and we paid 18,100. We got the $500 rebate and a $500 recent college grad rebate. Took advantage of the 2.9% financing.

The buying experience was that 70% of the people working with the Ford dealerships were chauvinistic scum. (I had a couple bad experiences, can you tell?) It's so bad (being in Texas honestly doesn't help) it put my mom off Ford forever. She claims that Toyota is better, but I wouldn't know.

But I love the car, LOVE it - paid exactly what I wanted to pay for it, and got much more than expected on my trade (at CarMax).
  • joelampjoelamp Member Posts: 4
    We bought a new 07 Milan Premier V6 AWD a couple of weeks ago from Roto L-M in Arlington Hts Illinois, pretty much loaded with everything except Navigation. Used the X-plan from work and also had $1K in rebates plus 2.9% financing. We took our time looking at both the Milan and the Fusion and went to several Ford and L-M stores in Chicagoland. The difference between the shopping experience at Ford stores and L-M stores could not be more dramatic. Every Ford store we went to was basically the old fashioned high pressure "what will it take to get you to buy today" arm twisting meat grinder, while the L-M stores we went to were more of the low pressure "take your time, let me know if I can answer any questions for you" style. Not sure if the L-M division trains their salespeople differently, but we both noticed the difference.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Congratulations on the new car!

Your dealer experiences sound interesting. You can review and rate dealers here: Dealer Ratings and Reviews

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• student22student22 Member Posts: 33
    Hi,
    I purchased a 2006 Ford fusion SE V6 with 18,000 miles. Dark red(merlot)power windows/locks/ABS/16 inch wheels Airbags but no side curtains. I paid 16,977 plus Fees. Is this a typical price. Thanks
  • zoomandyzoomzoomandyzoom Member Posts: 19
    Bought a new Fusion (finally!) on July 20 from Harrold Ford in Sacramento, CA. Details:

2007 Ford Fusion SE V6
    Redfire exterior
    Charcoal black interior

Options:
    Leather seats
    Moonroof
    ABS
    Traction control

MSRP $23,960. Invoice $22,357. We were able to buy the car at invoice, plus sales tax, license, and tire fees.

I shopped 12 other Ford dealers in Northern California, from big auto-mall ones to small-town ones, and none were willing to sell me this car at invoice. Overall, I'm quite satisfied that I did my homework and got the best price possible on the exact car I wanted. It's below Edmunds TMV price, which also pleases me.

And... my wife and I love the car!
    Congrats on your new Fusion! Sacramento is hot, hot, hot in the summer. Get your windows tinted asap. I live in the NW and have the black leather in my Fusion and OUCH! it gets hot!! I have the silver frost, now wishing I would have gone red.. :cry: Still love the my car though!
  • zoomandyzoomzoomandyzoom Member Posts: 19
    The interior does indeed get VERY hot in summer, especially with that black leather! We got the rear windows tinted a week after we bought it... it was the first thing we did. :)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter with a large newspaper is hoping to talk to consumers who are looking to purchase a new midsize vehicle. Please reply to [email protected] no later than Thursday, October 18, 2007 with your daytime contact info. along with what car (or cars) you are considering purchasing.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter seeks to talk with owners of the 2007 or 2008 Ford Fusion or Mercury Milan who are also parents of young children. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to [email protected] no later than Thursday, November 15, 2007 and include your city and state of residence as well as the age of your child/ren.
  • bali_i4_manualbali_i4_manual Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a 2008 Fusion I4 S Manual this week at Covert Austin in Texas. Paid $16028 out the door. Salesperson was very professional and I would recommend them highly.
  • strikemanstrikeman Member Posts: 18
    Looking to get an '08 Ford Fusion S with auto. I think the latest price related post was in Oct. Anyone can help my by replying and posting their purchase price after that? I am in the AUstin, TX area. Thanx
  • strikemanstrikeman Member Posts: 18
    can you please give the breakdown of your deal. At $16k for a new Fusion I4 S with manual you must have a trade in or something ... My wife & I are looking at the Fusion as a 2nd car. Thanx for your help.
  • bali_i4_manualbali_i4_manual Member Posts: 3
    The advertised price was $14888, taxes $930, other fees (License plates, Doc fee...) $210. No trade in, no financing.
  • biznagabiznaga Member Posts: 6
    Looking at 2008 SEL 4 cyl 5spd Auto with leather seats.
    No other options.

Window sticker lists at $21,895. Now there is a $1500 rebate/discount. Asking OTD (in Arizona) $21, 255.55.

Should I negotiate for less?

Paying half down and have already been approved for rest via FORD credit.
  • theumptheump Member Posts: 13
    Yes!! You should be able to get that car for 1,500 to 2,000 less.I always deduct 10-12% off the list price,then minus the rebates add TTL to get you your final price.Good luck.......... :)
    Thanks. Expanded my search to the Milan with same equipment ( nearby dealer has 4 identical in stock right now)

Using your formula I should be able to get that one even though there is less of a discount for some reason...only $1000 here in Arizona right now.

Guess it all depends on how hungry the dealer is. Hopefully being end of year he is hungry. If not I will wait until next year or better incentives.
  • theumptheump Member Posts: 13
    ;) If they what your business($)they will make it happen!!Good luck!.My 06 SE 5M with spoiler and pinstripping added plus 3/36k free oil changes and tire rotations was 19,200 and change and I got it TTL for 17088 OTD!!!.So you see..... they can if they want a sale ;);) :shades:
  • focus090focus090 Member Posts: 85
    I just got my Fusion SE v6 last week, and the msrp was $22,465. With $1000 in total rebates & incentives, and $1000 total out of pocket from me, it only comes to $242/month. I also utilized the A plan. :)
  • focus090focus090 Member Posts: 85
    i forgot to list the incidentals...its a 36 month lease, 12k miles a year. Silver frost, dark charcoal interior, and spoiler. :)
  • smokeyjoesmokeyjoe Member Posts: 13
    Well, my wife and I found a GREAT Fusion...an SEL V6 with heated leather seats, moon & tune and traction control. The pricing was:

Standard Vehicle Price (MSRP: $22,150 / INVOICE: $20,386)
    Moon & Tune Package (MSRP: 795 / INVOICE: $692)
    Heated Front Seats (MSRP: $295 / INVOICE: $257)
    Traction Control (MSRP: $95 / INVOICE: $83)
    Leather Seating (MSRP: $895 / INVOICE: $779)
    Destination & Delivery ($725)

This brought us to a total MSRP of $24,955 and total invoice cost of $22,976, and the dealer said they would agree to invoice plus $20.

Our trade in is a 2001 ZX2 with 78K miles in excellent condition. KBB and NADA show it as being worth a bit over $4K in this condition.

Based on this, we wanted to get to a price of $18,761.

$22,996 = Invoice + $20
    $125 = Doc Fees
    $(1,000) = Ford Rebate
    $(500) = College Grad Rebate (Abby graduated this past June)
    $(4,000) = Trade-in value
    $1,140 = Tax on $22,397, less $4,000 trade, at 6% tax
    $18,761 = TOTAL

We are kind of surprised the dealer would come any lower than $19,700. Apparently, they didn't really want to work with us.....we checked out a Mercury Milan Premier that was the essentially same exact car (same color, even) but was ~$300 more on MSRP. That dealer was willing to sell the car for $19.4K which when you take out the $300 over the Fusion put us very close to where we wanted to be, and we would have taken it....but oddly enough, the car rode very jittery. I told the Ford dealer about what we drove at Mercury and what their price was, and they just wanted to remain about $1,000 more than what we were looking to do......so I'm not sure really why they are looking to lose the sale, especially when their lot is loaded with these cars....they have about 50 Fusions. In the dead of winter in the midwest. And coming off the worst sales year in the past decade. Well....so be it. :surprise:
    If anyone cares:

Picking up MILAN I4 Premier tomorrow (comes with leather seats) for $22,463.00 out the door.

Base Perice $20,420
    5 speed auto $ 875
    Moon/tune $ 895
    Spoiler $ 295
    --------------------------------------
    Total $22,485
    Shipping 725

'08 Fusion S (only option being the auto tranny) - final price from 3 dealers in AUstin, TX area (Covert Ford, Leif Johnson & Riata Ford) - $17500 + TTL (estimated around $1400). The price included all discounts - supplier pricing + $1000 year end rebate.

'07 Milan I4 (only option being the auto tranny) - final price from Pavillion Lincoln Mercury in Austin, TX - $17500 + TTL (estimated around $1400). The price incl all discounts - suoplier pricing + $2250 year end rebate.

1) both cars are identical but the Milan comes with more extras for the buck.

2) Milans dont seem to be selling that well (no '07 Fusions left while there were a ton of '07 Milan's left). So, the rebate on Milan is higher. You relaly owe it to yourself to check out both cars.

3) If I had bought the car I would have asked about the $500 recent grad disc (I think, usualy for people who have grad in last 1 yr or will grad in next 1 yr).

4) In Austin, TX area definately check out Mac Hays - very aggressive on advertising. Using the supplier program all gave the same, no-haggle price but I could have got the car cheaper it seems by negotiating outside the program.

5) Huge diff between Mercurty dealers & Ford dealers - Mercury dealer allowed longer, friendlier test drives, never badggered (except 1 email). Ford dealer, aggressive on negotiating, losing patience when I asked questions about extras that could be included like window tinting, services, etc, called 2 times a day everyday for a week to push the deal. 1 tip with the Ford dealer is dont buy on your visit. WIth the follow-up calls they will start offering extras to close the deal. I got offers for a yr of free oil changes & free window tinting & this was without calling them back, except for the cursory, 1 call "I am still looking ..."
    "losing patience when I asked questions about extras that could be included like window tinting, services, etc, called 2 times a day everyday for a week to push the deal. 1 tip with the Ford dealer is dont buy on your visit. WIth the follow-up calls they will start offering extras to close the deal. I got offers for a yr of free oil changes & free window tinting & this was without calling them back, except for the cursory, 1 call "I am still looking ..." "

My last three purchases (including this one) were via internet. Never saw salesman until I picked up vehicle. I did make mistake of contacting local dealer early and sorry I did. I walked out when he lamely tried to explain extra charges on X-plan purchase.

Dealer I am buying from has been upfront and all contact has been via email.
  • seversonseverson Member Posts: 2
    2008 Fusion SE... Redfire ext./ beige int. color purchased at Apple Valley Ford, Apple Valley, Minnesota on 1/25/08. Automatic transmission. Stickered at $19,370 ... bought for $15,654 after rebates and dealer discounts. 19.2% off sticker. $3716 off sticker. 27 miles on car when bought, have a grand total of 130 miles on it now. Considered a 2008 Corolla LE for $15,100. Have bought 3 cars at A.V. Ford since 2001, same salesman, nice dealership, no games, no pressure, no b.s. Went with Fusion. My wife loved the styling and pretty color of Fusion. Not as good gas mileage or probable reliability as Toyota but rides beautifully on highway, extremely comfortable. I'm a six footer and have to pull driver's seat up 3 to 5 inches, that's how much leg room there is! Wife and I only drive about 13,000 miles total annually between our cars. If driving 30,000 combined miles would have went with Corolla for the gas mileage. Seems as roomy as our 2004 Sable for leg room. I hope it's as good in snow as our Sable .... the tiger tank!
  • kmaurerkmaurer Member Posts: 48
    Do you have the ContiProContact tires? They are terrible in the snow. Luckily, the traction control and ABS on my SE V6 helped. I did get "stuck" a couple of times. I will be getting snow tires next season. (I live in Utah).
  • seversonseverson Member Posts: 2
    yes, i have the conti pro contact tires on mine. Only drove once in 1 inch of snow so I really can't tell so far. Handled well, but like I said...1 inch..nothing. I've driven my whole life in snow in Minnesota. 37 years of driving in it. My sable has continental tires and goes great through the white stuff.
  • elkeinelkein Member Posts: 19
    New owner here, thought I'd get this post in for reference.
    Yesterday 4-28-08, I purchased a 2007 Fusion SEL AWD(V6, auto, awd), with some significant options. It has moon 'n tune, leather, heated seats, sirius, traction control, abs, maybe some others I don't know about.
    Mileage 3512 at signing.
    Price $20,634
    Loan 60 months at 313$, I had a decent down payment. Financed through a third party bank.

Based on the website car builder this would cost 27730 new MSRP. I think I got a hellofadeal. I went in to buy new but this attracted my attention. My second car purchase ever( previous was September 1997, 1997 escort LX, still running good at 245k miles, will be giving it to family.) :D
  • nreddyknreddyk Member Posts: 2
    Paid $16034 (TTL included) for 2008 Ford Fusion SE with tinted windows, Sirius and Sync. Very smooth buying experience, even the finance dept was efficient, they undercut my pre-approved rate by 0.5% to 5% for 60 months (with $0 down) which works to $304/month. :shades:

Houston,TX.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter is hoping to talk with consumers who had considered purchasing a Hyundai Sonata and ended up purchasing another vehicle. Please respond to [email protected] before Friday, May 16, 2008 with your daytime contact information and what you ended up purchasing.
    Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• elbubselbubs Member Posts: 5
    This is for my car purchase on 08APR18 in San Diego CA.
    I have broken down the info into MSRP, invoice, and my paid prices.

Sticker Info:
    Ford Fusion 08 I4 SE: $18,695.00
    5-Spd Automatic: $875.00
    Sirius Sat Radio: $195.00
    Total: 19,765.00
    Destination: $725.00

TOTAL MSRP: $20,490.00

Invoice Info (Per ConsumerGuide Automotive):
    I4 SE: $17,594
    5 Spd Auto: $761
    Satellite Radio: $170
    Destination: $725

TOTAL INVOICE: $19,250

Purchase Info:
    Negotiated Price: $18,704.02
    License & Fees: $123.75
    Sales Tax: $1547.62
    Trade-in: -$1200
    Cash Rebate: -$2000
    Conquest Rebate: -$1000
    Sync Rebate: -$395

Total OTD (w/ Trade in): $15780.39
    Total OTD (w/o Trade in): $16,980.39
  • holler1holler1 Member Posts: 3
    I emailed for bids on a 2008 Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan AWD last night Went to local dealer in WV today and was offered about $3250 below sticker price on a Milan, including $1500 cash rebate available nationally I believe. Sticker price was about $24500. Received email for similar Fusion, slightly more expensive, from another dealer in PA offering about $4250 below sticker. Sticker price for this vehicle was about $25300. The difference was a "competitive owner rebate" of $1000 offered by the PA dealer to anyone owning another brand vehicle. I would like to know if the competitive owner rebate is available to all dealers. I would prefer to buy locally but also want a competitive price. I can find this rebate at dealers in a few other states, but can't find it on the Ford website.

Can anyone help? Also, any thoughts on these prices are welcome.

Thanks