Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac G6 Hardtop Convertible

Comments

• rjentrjent Member Posts: 19
    Come on chrissy, don't let one jerk get to you. I have always appreciated your comments. billdaman obviously has issues that he thinks this forum will solve. Don't let him win! :sick:

Stick with us and let's all share our positive experiences with this wonderful car! ;)

JMHO
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Let's drop the personal insults and sarcasm. If you don't care for someone's comments, just scroll past them.
  • TomHornTomHorn Member Posts: 2
    I am using one quart of oil every 2500 miles. The dealership says that this is normal. I say that this is excessive. Anyone have any experience with similar oil consumption?
  • billdamanbilldaman Member Posts: 37
    My G6 would use no measurable amount of oil in 5000 mi using Mobil 1 5-30W. Something is wrong. Get the dealer to perform a oil consumption test
  • SFJerrySFJerry Member Posts: 4
    Any one have a windscreen for sale ? (2007 G6 GT)
    Jerry,

One way to get one for a reasonable price is to uses ebays "inform me if an item coms up for sale" function. That is how I found mine. Got it for a very reasonable price, relisted it on ebay when I sold my G6 and made a almost embarasing profit on it.

Good luck

Bill
  • aaamorrisaaamorris Member Posts: 21
    You'll be glad you got one. Had mine for a few weeks now, and it really cuts down the wind from behind. Not as cool looking as I had hoped, but certainly not unattractive either.

As I said in an earlier post, I got a new one from the dealer for about what they go for used on ebay by groveling.
    Jerry,

Paid $200 for mine on ebay plus shipping - And it was BRAND NEW. So many GM dealers are going out of business and their complete part inventories are being bought up by recyclers who have literally thousands of new GM parts they are selling way below wholesale to move them quickly.

As I said I put in an ebay search string for the windscreen, and the new windscreen was mine less than 30 days later.

Good luck

Bill
  • drjlavelledrjlavelle Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I am also having problems and I have contacted a lawyer for the lemon law. Besides the normal rattling and parts missing. My driver's door locks me and out of the car randomly. They have been unable to fix this and I called Pontiac. They advised since the dealership has been unable to make this occur in the shop they will not do a buyback. Please let me know what information you have on the door. Thank you
    Shelley
    There are a number of body computers that could be the source of the problem. If you have towing Insurance on your policy, the next time this occurs have the vehicle towed to the dealership and meet directly with the dealers general manager. Anomolous electrical system issues can be solved by a visit by a GM central office engineer that can install an event logging divice on your vehicle that stays with the vehicle for up to a month

If you are still not satisfied and have kept all your documentation of your concerns and the dealer used the response "unable to duplicate customer concern" you still can have a case utilizing a lemon law attorney.

Personally I would find a different dealership if you have not already done so. A buyback is difficult to pull off if you do not fully understand all the rules from the first time you bring the vehicle in for a given complaint. GM buys back less than 20 vehicles a month in North America. :lemon:

If you are as displeased as I was with my G6, I would do the thing that will make you a happy person. Dump it in a trade for a vehicle you will truly enjoy. Do your research.

Good Luck

Bill
  • nurseprofnurseprof Member Posts: 4
    Hi Shelley-
    I followed all of the requirements in the back of the owner's manual: service, service manager, general manager, and dealership owner; all to no avail. I then started with GM customer service...that was a complete joke. All you do is speak with a talking head who tries to make you feel like the will actually help you...they have no power. It wasn't until I got the Better Business AutoLine involved that I got action. It resulted in a swap/trade. I am now in a Chev. Malibu LTZ that I love! But it took the BBB to get me there. I had meticulous records of every service visit and every contact, along with a running narrative of all phone calls I placed. Try the BBB at
    http://us.bbb.org/bbbautoline They really did help me. If that link doesn't work, just google better business bureau auto line and you will get there. Good Luck!!
  • slinkersslinkers Member Posts: 4
    I am also preparing to buy a windscreen, but can't find any information on installation. Is professional installation required, or is this something I can easily do myself?
  • aaamorrisaaamorris Member Posts: 21
    Piece o' cake. It folds up and goes in its own carrying case for easy storage. To install you just unfold and stick a peg on each side into holes that are already there (you just remove two rubber plugs with your fingers). There are two metal flaps that go along side the rear seats to hold it in place. Whole process takes less than a minute. Same easy removal when you need the back seats.

BTW, I assumed I would be giving up the back seats for storage since the screen covers them, but there is plenty of room between the front seats to toss stuff back there (only now you don't need to worry about it blowing out on the freeway).
    That is great news! Thanks for your help!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    The issue though now with trading, is that the values for any G6 is so low! I would love to move to an Acura, Honda, VW. But, with trade values so low, that makes it so hard to do. I could go to my VW dealer in which sells Pontiac too, they could work a way to get out easier perhaps. My salesmen knows I want out. I have noticed many cars still sitting on the lot still from a year ago. Cars I test driven.

So far I have not had any issues,

except now I have a slight high pitch hissing sound coming from the engine area. I have the 4cyl engine. I opened the hood and I think it might be the belt/motor, the part that moves the belt is squeaking, hissing in a high pitched sound. I notice it more and more now. Others might not think anything of it, but it certainly was not there when I bought picked the car up new. I notice it, my sister noticed it yesterday. The car is an 08. I do plan to take the car in when I get a chance to, I am going to sensitively word what the issue is, and tell them I want the sound gone. I will also request that I listen to other 4cyl models, and ask them to listen too. I want it fixed, I shouldn't have to listen to that. Its not loud, but its their. It makes the engine sound cheap and more like a car with many many more miles on it. It only has 12k miles. I have only had it almost a year.

Anyone else have this type of sound, let me know.
    I think that your problem might be as simple as a vacumn leak or a loose clamp. Check around the airbox.

Regarding the trade in value, I found one Pontiac dealer that was a complete thief, and another that was a bare bones deal cutter. I was very happy getting out of my vehicle as well as I did. (Unfortunately the dealer still has it six months later) He will sell it in the spring. If you decide to sell your vehicle the late april until late May timeframe is best. Choose an honest dealer, have the Kelley blue book and NADA values in hand. Make sure you keep your car showroom new as I did. No harsh cleaners in the interior, scratches to the clearcoat or paint and you should do OK.

Maybe you will be happy with the G6 if the hiss is fixed? It is for sure a simple problem.

Good luck
  • bxdbxd Member Posts: 186
    BVDJ84-

Which body style G6 do you drive?
    From what I can tell, the windscreen for the 2007 has the same GM parts number as that for the 2008 - 2009 models. The best deal I've found, though, specifies it for 2008 - 2009. Anyone know if they are different?
  • bxdbxd Member Posts: 186
    I work for a GM supplier.

If 07 specifies the same part # as 08 and 09, then it is the same part. If a part gets revised heavily, we call that a supersession and there is a brand new part # given.
    I drive the sedan version, I know this forum is for convertibles, but no one is talking in the other forums. lol. I just conversing about it all. Really, the only difference is, I don't have a removable top.lol.

I have the 4 door sedan, I have a more rare 4cyl, with the leather, roof. I have only seen a few out like mine. The rest seem to have just the cloth, or one of the other. I do like it. But, really disappointed with the engine. It is no way near the way of my 06 Accord 4cyl I had. It could be, but the transmission is too weird and finicky. 4spds.
    If you are in traffic, it seems to keep jump up and down in gears, not too smooth either. Honestly, if it did have a better engine, it would be a more complete set up. It is quite a solid car.
  • sknsgrlsknsgrl Member Posts: 1
    I've had my 2007 G6 convertible for almost 2 years. I love it! I do have to take it to the dealership soon though. I was recently driving down the street and heard a lound noise like my tire blew out. No problem with any of the tires. I noticed a dent in the back corner of the roof a couple days later. There is no scratch on the outside so I'm sure nothing fell from the sky. I put the top down while my husband was checking it out. It looks like there's a metal braket that may have slipped and made the roof pucker from the inside. Has anyone had this problem? I want to have some amunition when I take it to the dealer so I don't get the run around.

Any info would be great....Thanks!
    Why hasn't the new model or "revised' G6 been posted on the Pontiac website. You know, you would think they could at least keep the websites updated. Start advertising the revised model. Most company's start posting for the new model way before it arrives. To get the word out. I am not sure though even when the revised model does arrive how much it will impact people to get one. Its still an older model now, when compared to the competition. I am not dogging on the car....lol.. But just wondering how GM thinks they are going to get the game on...?

Could you imagine if they pulled the plug on a few SUV's from hitting the showroom, because we have enough, then put some $$$ into a new car, perhaps even into the new G6. Re-do the whole car, design, fit and finish, the whole package. That would be amazing!! Instead, they just keep building as many cars as possible. With very little money to work with.

Honestly, with no disrespect to the Pontiac or G6, I own an 08 G6. I think its dying very slowly, almost painful, a little embarrassing for them if they call the new model revised. When compared to its competitors. You sit a new Mazda, Acura, VW, Honda, Sorta looks a bit silly,looks like a Hot wheels car. Its so done. The non revised model looks much more classy. Simple, and really is a sporty looking concept.

My dealer sells VW, Benz, Audi, GMC, Pontiac, wide variety, you can compare all of them, the G6 looks quite dated, and I think the revised G6 makes it look even more dated, as weird as that sounds. Leave it alone or kill the whole car.

lol, I like my G6, grown to love it. I am still not a GM fan though. Its a love/hate relationship..lol. Hate, mostly because GM is not spending wisely and I am supporting them now with my payment.
  • open148open148 Member Posts: 5
    "It looks like there's a metal braket that may have slipped and made the roof pucker from the inside."

If you could be more specific on where this pucker is, I think I could be of assistance.

Front panel or rear panel (I am assuming front), and then where on the panel you are seeing the pucker (driver side, passenger side, approximate distance from the panel to panel seal line, and approx distance from the door glass seal)? This will help me on what "zone" of the panel you are in and what might be causing it.

Hope I can help
  • polarisgirl19polarisgirl19 Member Posts: 3
    My 07 HTC makes a whistling noise every time I accelerate over 2000 rmps. As soon as I release off the gas and drop it below 2000 rmps, the whistle stops. I've had it to the dealer a number of times for the noise along with rattles with the top and the sqeaky brakes. They tell me that there is no fix yet for the whistling noise when accelerating but they know that people are having this problem. Does anyone else have this problem and if so has your dealer found a fix for it yet? Out of all the rattles that I have had with the car, this noise is the worst. If someone is outside the car while you drive away, you can hear it for at least a block.
  • catkccatkc Member Posts: 10
    It is an exhaust issue. My 2007 does it and the dealership has the part in to fix mine just need to get the vehicle in the shop to do it. I will post an update on the part after I get it fixed.

I also met someone in the parking lot the other night with a 2007 and she also had the same issue with the whistling noise and it is something to do with the exhaust.
  • pattononlinepattononline Member Posts: 9
    I finally found a low milage G6 GT Convertible. I have read about all of the off and on top issues and I have called the original selling dealer and he has told me that the only warrenty issues it has ever has is that it had the top locating pins replaced twice once at 4K miles and onle at 8K miles it has 23k on it now and seems to be in great shape. According to the VIN number it was the 530 to roll off of the line so it is a early model anything I should watch for before the factory warrenty expires?
  • polarisgirl19polarisgirl19 Member Posts: 3
    Do you know by any chance what part they are replacing? Or do you know if there is a tech bulletin out about this noise? My car goes into the shop on Thursday to see if they can find it but service guy keeps saying that he hasn't seen anything that will fix it yet. They tried telling me that its a fuel sensor that was making the noise but you would think that they would try replacing that part. But I keep hearing more and more people are saying something about the exhaust. Let me know what part they replace after they fix it for you and if it took care of the problem.
    Which top locating pins did they replace? There are 2 sets (1 set at the windshield header & 1 set at the front panel to rear panel joint). They should NOT have to replace anything to do with the set at the windshield header.

Please let me know...

Thanks
  • kevgretkevgret Member Posts: 37
    Hi:

I had the same EXACT problem as your car. I would hear a loud whistling sound when I would accelerate the car above a certain speed.

After a visit to the dealer I was informed that there is something wrong with the exhaust system and there was a recall on this exact problem. The dealer informed me that the car is fine and can drive another 50,000 miles with this problem.

I told him this is unacceptable and embarrassing to drive a car with this loud noise coming from it.

The car was then left in the shop for 3 days and it was corrected. I think a whole new exhaust system had to be installed.

This was done almost a year ago and I have not had any problems with the car since.

It looks like these cars all have some of the same issues: rattling top, exhaust system blowing, air bag sensor going bad, etc. I will have my car 3 years in august and I can't believe the amount of issues my car has had to go though.

I will say that I have not had ANY issues with my car for almost a year...

Kevin
  • jbeltronejbeltrone Member Posts: 2
    I am currently looking to buy the 2006 model with low mileage at what seems to be a good price. This will be my first car purchase and do not want get stuck with a costly repairs for the conversion mechanism of the vehicle. Owners that had problems...would buying used be a potential risk and headache more so than buying directly from GM? I guess i am new at this and don't quite understand the whole warranty thing.

Also I live in Montana and would love to have a convertible as my only car. This seems to be a good fit, am I mistaken?

Also when looking at the car is there any signs that I could spot to see if this is one of the cars that has problems? Any good questions that I could ask the previous owner to reveal potential problems?

Thanks for your insight,

John
    I wasn't able to find out which pins they had replaced. The original owner told me that they were not sure and I can't tell by looking at them. The original dealer had the car for almost the first year as his personal car he kept in Florida then had the MSO transferred to the selling dealer when the owner bought it so there really isn't much history on the first 4K miles of the car. The only issue we have with it is I didn't know about the crazy low gear ratio in the transaxle and the fuel milage stinks I don't know of anything to do to make it better got any ideas?
    John,

As a former owner of a 2007 G6 and former GM engineer, when the 3 /36 warranty is expired on this vehicle you do not want this type of vehicle as your first car unless you have deep pockets. The vehicle is beautiful for the price, handles like a piece of junk and is ful of roof and door creaks and mechanical/electrical issues that need to be repaired by bubble gum fixes at the dealer. The Monsoon sound System is a POS.

The G6 GT with the "lamella" multipanel roof would be a better choice, the body is significantly stiffer and the roof mechanism is problem free.

If you want a vehicle that will hold its value throughout the ownership cycle look for a 5 year old BMW. You will still have the repair cost issues but the soft top is a lot less complex.

Dont let anyone on this site tell you the G6 convertible is a great trouble free vehicle. They are either dillusional, or trying to keep the resale vale of their cars up by drinking the koolaid that this is the best vehicle they ever owned. Dont believe m?. Take one out for a drive and do a quick lane change at 65mph (like you would do for passing a vehicle on a two lane road). Feels kind wierd and unstable doesnt it?. Other convertibles dont share this issue. GM put the vehicle into production before it was ready plain and simple

Hope this helps. Its MHO, but just drive it on the bumpy roads and do the lane change you will see what I mean. If on the other hand gas station ooooossss and ahhhas are what is important to you, buy it, but those people will be the only ones impressed!
    Wow!! This is very interesting. I totally agree! You should opt for a higher quality car for your first. Honestly, the competition is so much more ahead. I know that you cannot get a convertible hard top for this price. BUT, Sometimes you get what you pay for. I would explore all cars, while looking at quality, build and most of all... value!
    This car (GM cars) suffers from MAJOR depreciation problems anyway, not to mention any repairs you might have to do on that crazy top.

I believe once you test drive as many cars as you can, you will realize what we are saying. You want to be able to have a car you like, minimal costs to own and enjoy it. Take pride in it. I have an 08 G6, I like the car, but don't obsess about it as much as I did with my leased honda. The engine sucks!! Not saying you go get a honda, but think a bit longer before going GM, let alone a brand that is going to die soon!

Look at its reviews, 7.9, it only has 4 reviews.

Too each their own, but I will not get a GM after my G6 lease.
    As a former owner of a 2007 G6 and former GM engineer, when the 3 /36 warranty is expired on this vehicle you do not want this type of vehicle as your first car unless you have deep pockets.

Kev says:
    or a GM Warranty. I will have another 5 years once my 3/36 expires. The extended warranty does indeed all roof issues that could up in the future.

The vehicle is beautiful for the price, handles like a piece of junk and is ful of roof and door creaks and mechanical/electrical issues that need to be repaired by bubble gum fixes at the dealer.

Kev says:
    I really can't refute this statement. I am very dissatisfied over the number of times I have had to keep my car in the dealer because they had no idea on how to fix my issue. My local dealer only has one convertbile "expert" on staff.

The Monsoon sound System is a POS.

Kev says:
    Can you please explain further? I don't really have any issues with the sound system except when the bass is turned up it rattles the doors and my mirrors.

Dont let anyone on this site tell you the G6 convertible is a great trouble free vehicle. They are either dillusional, or trying to keep the resale vale of their cars up by drinking the koolaid that this is the best vehicle they ever owned.

kev says:
    Well I am not drinking the koolaid but I definitely lovemy G6. Even with all of the problems there is nothing like dropping the top and going out for a nice drive. My car has been trouble free for over a year and if there are future issues I am sure it will get corrected.

Dont believe m?. Take one out for a drive and do a quick lane change at 65mph (like you would do for passing a vehicle on a two lane road). Feels kind wierd and unstable doesnt it?. Other convertibles dont share this issue.

Kev says:
    This is kind of subjective, isn't it? I would people aren't doing "quick lane changes" for the sake of seeing if it is weird or unstable. I have drive many cars and this car handles no better or worse than any of them. You get comfortable with the car the more you drive, just like any other car.

GM put the vehicle into production before it was ready plain and simple

Kev says:
    I would agree with this statement. I think it GM waited another year it could have eliminated ALOT of issues the car came off the line with.

Kev says:
    In the end I am still happy with my 3 yr old car. I don't know what the future will bring problem wise but for now I will enjoy each and every time my drop gets dropped and I get a great drive in.

Kevin
  • hal56hal56 Member Posts: 94
    as some may know my g6htc was totsaled in a low speed accident a year ago--I was not too happy withthe car buy I recd original cost repl from ins co--so i took teh money and bought a 335 htc. Yes--more money --but more car--in many ways. I had 2 problems--service engine lite came on when I got home the first night--2 minute fix--still working on a rattle in dash--

but, the 335 is loaded with everything so on many levels its apples and oranges. Stereo--no comparison--seats were upgrades above good ones, nav, etc.

Mileage is about 15% better than g6 city and 20% better highway-more than makes up for premium.

Now my point--the G6 would have been a 3 year car at best and I would have taken big depr--my book value of my 1 year old 9000 mile g6htc would have been 18k in excellent condition (I got 32 from ins co) . Who knows what 3 years value would have been and I am positive after 3 yrs the bmw retains more, and more important I would keep the BMW for a number of years making the BMW a better value long term imo.

Philsophy--buy better and keep longer. more upfront cost-better long term costs.
  • twosmgstwosmgs Member Posts: 11
    Too much negativism has overtaken this discussion. Has anyone seen Edmunds first review of the new 2009 Infiniti G37 S hardtop convertible? If not, then take this link: 2009 Infiniti G37 S Convertible Full Test and Video. Interesting, as they say. Smaller back seat than the G6, even less trunk space with top down or up (per Infiniti.com's own specs), and more issues, and all for $54K+, about double the market price of a G6.

My 2008 G6 HTC has exceeded expectations during my 15 months of ownership, and is rock-solid during top-up or top-down driving. Only one problem has occurred: an intermittent cold-weather roof rattle was fixed by my excellent dealership via a quick, minor adjustment of two hinge pins near the rear of the second panel. No big deal - he had done this process before for other owners.

I have been lucky enough to personally speak with other G6 HTC owners, both local and non-local (during vacations), and all were very satisfied with this vehicle. A fine value for a high-tech, "fun car," and it's American-built, which helps us all.

For every negative aspect of this automobile, can we also please cite something positive to keep things in perspective?
  • jbeltronejbeltrone Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the responses, I think after reading this forum I will choose another car. It just seems like a HTC isnt exactly capable of being my only car. I will probably go for a honda/toyota lease return instead.

The first days of nice spring weather in MT got me thinking irrationally...Convertible is still a few years out. oh well I hope to make it the second car in my garage!

John
  • foster7780foster7780 Member Posts: 6
    Hello everyone! I would like to say I was raised on Fords and had always been satisfied with them. This past summer I decided I wanted a new car. My last two vehicles were a Ford F-150 2001 with the big V-8 4X4 ex cab and 2005 Jeep Wrangler. Happy with the truck, hated the Jeep! I jumped on the band wagon and decided to buy a car for the gas mileage. My choices went in this order... Pontiac G6 convertible (loved the way they looked), Ford Edge (more practical), Jeep Wrangler (thought maybe if I bought brand new I might have better luck and it would suit my horse and offroad needs), and Ford Mustang convertible (my all time dream car). So we stopped at the Pontiac dealership first and they weren't willing to negotiate the $35,000 price what-so-ever! So then we just went ahead and went to the Jeep dealership and the wranglers got about the same gas mileage as my truck. So off to the Ford dealership. We were about to check out the Edge's and I completely by passed them and walked straight to the black GT convertible manual transmission mustang. They let me test drive it and I fell in love!!! We negotiated the price down to 28,000 with sales tax included from the original 35,000 (only because it has some hail damage from a recent storm). We were seriously thinking of signing papers when my husband thought surely if we could get a Mustang down that far we could at least try one more time to get the G6 down some. I wasn't so happy about this idea anymore, but he insisted since the Mustang is horrible in snow. I test drove it and was seriously disappointed in the lack of acceleration and it seemed to have a delayed response to the gas. They wouldn't negotiate at all, so we had them look for an 08 model since all they had were 09's on the lot. They found one and we bought it for $30,000 on my b-day. It was the best b-day present ever! I loved the car in the beginning but in the back of my mind still wished I had bought the Mustang.
    Fast forward almost 7 months March 17th 2009. I'm driving on the highway and in the slow lane behind a very slow little lady. So I move over to pass her and try to go and my car goes up to 5000 rpm's and is barely getting any faster. So I try again, same thing! I had to switch it to the manual mode and keep it in 3rd and run at about 3000 rpm's till I could get to where I was going. It kinda quit once I let it sit and got back in. But before I got to where I was going it started again. I was at a stop light and it turned green, I went to go and it just revved up then all of a sudden kicked it and the tires spun and there I went. It was shift very strangely after that. So I called the dealership and they set me up for a Monday apt. By time I took it in it had kinda stopped doing it. They couldn't find anything wrong. So I was a little pissed cause I knew I hadn't imagined it. So I figured I'd drive it till either the check engine light came on or I drove it into the ground.
    Fast forward a month... I noticed it wasn't shifting quite right, but still no check engine light. Wednesday April 15th, 2009 (husbands b-day) I drive it to help a friend out that lives around 40 miles away. By time I get off the highway it is having alot of trouble. I try to go from a stop light or sign and it just revs up and barely moves. I get to where I'm going and realize I'm in the way so I try to back up and my reverse goes out. We had to push my practically new car backwards out of the way. By this time I was livid! I called and told the dealership about it and they gave me the number for the tow truck. I was so mad that I was in tears. My car doesn't even get driven that often. We ended up keeping my truck, so I drive it more than I do my car. My car only has 9,000-10,000 miles on it. I'm not sure if that is high or not for an 8 month old vehicle.
    I found out on Friday it has an internal transmission problem and they are going to rebuild the whole tranny. The worst part is they stick me in a Chevy Cobalt 4 door that looks like an egg on wheels. I am seriously disappointed with my car and am now paying extra on it to get it paid off faster so that I can get my Ford Mustang that I have always dreamed of. I don't know if the transmission trouble will effect the worth of my vehicle down the road or not, but I think if it will I should be compensated for this. I am too upside down on it right now to trade it in on anything.
    Other things I have had wrong, the plastic moldings on the sides of my seats are popping off and when I try to pop them back in place it doesn't look like they belong there. The change holder to the left of the steering wheel eats credit cards. It took me 3 credit card losses before I realized they were being eaten by this thing and not flying out the top, lol. I don't know if this was something that had something to do with the tranny problems or not, but when I would have 4 adults in my car is was very slow and sluggish. It would build speed very slowly!
    So pretty much I'm just trying to figure out if I'm the only one that absolutely hates my new car. I am really hoping stuff keeps going wrong with it so maybe I can do the lemon law thing. I think this car is the biggest mistake I have ever made! It's pretty bad when I can truck my old beat up truck over my brand new car. Sorry so long, done venting now!
  • jpavlickjpavlick Member Posts: 12
    I have a 2006 no problems till last week, THe trunk would not open for the top to go down. THe dealer said it had 2 bad senors, 1400.00 to fix anyone else have this problem???
    Let me do a little research and I should be able to let you know if your dealer is full of it or not. I have a couple of ideas but need to run it by a couple of folks first.

Should be back to you in a day or so, please hold tight.
  • SFJerrySFJerry Member Posts: 4
    I just got my 07 GT HTC back from the dealer after complaining of the same hissing sound they tell me that they have to order a whole new exaust system to fix it . so Im waiting for the call to bring it back into them
    If that happens!!
    Hi:

Seems like a common problem with the HTC. I had my exhaust replaced last June. no problems since...

Hope you get everything worked out...
  • yamawhoyamawho Member Posts: 9
    Rattles, squeaks, noises, problems etc etc etc. It's unfortunate that the majority of these cars are such sleds. I certainly would not choose this again. Now that GM announced the end of Pontiac, watch the resale value now!! These cars should be next to worthless soon !! I am glad my lease is up next March on my 07 HTC. One more summer and back it goes. GMAC is going to get CRUSHED on the residual value when this car goes back. I did let my friend borrow it when his car was totaled, he hated it after one day! My wife doesn't care for it much either. Mine is not a TERRIBLE car, just low quality....but for $320 a month it could be a lot worse. Poor people that paid up to get one of these.....what a mistake. I might go for a used G8 GT when this lease is up. The value of those cars should be low enough once GM pulls the plug on Pontiac.
    I'm not sure I would go as far to call this car "worthless." I have had my car for three years and Yes there have been problems. But all of them have been corrected and I really enjoy this vehicle.

I do not regret my decision at all. I love each and every day I am able to put my top down and turn up the radio. I am sure I will have more problems with my car and I am confident i will get them fixed with my extended warranty.

Maybe I am one of the few who did not expect a $50,000 vehicle for $30,000.

Kevin
    Kevin,
    I agree with you. I love our car and sure it has had few little issues. The worst being that they put in way to low a gear ratio and the fuel economy sucks but it isn't the cars fault that was the smart engineers. We love putting the top down and just cruizin with the radio. I have works for all of the different dealer brands and every shop is full of cars every day to get repaired I do not see this model in any more than any else. And the best thing is is AMERICAN MADE not some japan or euro crap where all the money goes over seas.
    I have been waiting till I get close to the 36K mark to buy my GMPP. I won't buy a aftermarket because I don't trust that it will cover all the little things that could happen to the top workings. With Pontiac closing should I go ahead and get one? I am scared the prices will sky rocket on them since they are no longer produced or they will take them away all together.
  • ownerof4chevysownerof4chevys Member Posts: 35
  • ownerof4chevysownerof4chevys Member Posts: 35
    Hello everyone,
    I bought a used 2007 G6 convertible back in October of 2008. It had under 7,200 miles on it. It has the premium and sport packages, power pedals, and side airbags.

Likes: Very quiet car while driving with roof down, good looking car

Dislikes: 3.9 engine is a real gas-hog, handles poorly on a rough road, transmission seems to lurch at times, back seat entry is poorly designed.

Problems: Both doors started to rattle. I put thick lubriplate on the door pins and the noise is gone. No other complaints at all.

Shortcomings: The vehicle should have had illuminated vanity mirrors, self-dimming rearview mirror, a compass, lockable glove compartment, etc.

Question: I have the automatic climate control, every time I start the car the A/C is on. Is that normal?

Overall rating: I'd have to say that I enjoy the car. I paid $19,900 for the 8 month old car, which certainly makes it more reasonable than paying top dollar for a new one.

Modifications: I installed the lower chrome grilles and a side pinstripe. It really looks a lot better with those items.

Happy motoring to all !!!!
    Steve
    Yes Steve, the AC is always on even in winter :confuse:

We love our HTC. We also bought a 2007 although new. No complaints.

Have fun!

BTW, spray silicone lube (found at RV parts places) on the rubber seals of the top (center, and WS). Works like a charm! I also spray a little around the window seals periodically!
    I just talked to my dealer (a good personal friend of mine) and he said to go ahead and buy it. It is backed by the bailout and the government is supposed to be providing the service if GM goes belly up!

Just my .02

We will add the extended warranty for the car. We absolutely love this car and there isn't another out there that competes! :)