Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• swts8996swts8996 Member Posts: 14
    new 2008 IS 250 RWD base model in Black $29,191 plus license fees (from car broker). car has the Premium pkg. which includes the heated and ventilated leather seats and floor mats with trunk mat.

I am thinking it needs to be around $27,000 since it is a 2008 and once I drive it off the lot, there goes the depreciation!

Thoughts? Am I way off base here?
  • DirtywaterDirtywater Member Posts: 8
    Gamus, I got the same deal. What color combo did you get? I got Obsidian/Black. Love the car so far.
  • GamusGamus Member Posts: 13
    Dirtywater,

I got the smokey mica granite with the combo interior as I didn't want all black interior. Did you get yours in the Bay Area also? And just curious how did you like the buying experience? And what you thought about the price paid?
    I got mine at Longo in SoCal. I had two not so good experiences at two other Lexus dealers here, but Longo was great. Went the internet route, and all prices were agreed to before I ever stepped foot into the dealer. I was also happy with that price. Only other thing I wanted for that price was XM, and I bet I could have got that if I held out longer. I ended up buying it and installing it myself for $300 vs. $1,000+ at the dealer.
  • bobetpbobetp Member Posts: 1
    Dirtywater:

I'm in the market for a 2008 IS350. Would you know if your SoCal Longo delaer has it? and your internet sales contact? Thanks.
    Well, I don't know if Longo has any IS350's, but they are SoCal's largest Lexus dealer I believe and they have a ton of stock. On a side note, they have an awesome underground storage facility, which keeps the cars cool in the heat.

I dealt with Jim Brown, and really liked him. He is a straight shooter, no bs. I hope things go well in your search.
  • cpa3cpa3 Member Posts: 89
    Gamus and Dirtywater,

Can you please post the exact items you got and what price you paid. It will be helpful to me and others..be sure to mention if it includes taxes and other fees...

thanks
    cpa3,

I paid $35,650.00 OTD in CA. The car was in-stock, so it was not special ordered or had anything added on. Tried like a mad man to get it to a round 35K but to no avail as they said I can walk out on the deal over $150.00.

09 IS250
    NAV
    Premium Package
    Preferred Accessory Package
    18" Alloy wheels with summer tires

Just like Dirtywater, I tried to do most of the negoiating through email until it was close. Read my earlier post on my Lexus experience. Also, when I bought they denied they had any marketing support so factor that in when negoiating with them or wait til the end of the current promotion and see if they will get agressive again on rates or rebates.
    cpa3,

I paid what Gamus paid, I think maybe $100 more, but that was due to where I lived in CA, etc. I used what he paid, and some other members on another forum. For me, I had a price I was sticking to, and I had 2 dealers say they would do it, but one was a bait and switch, and another lied to me about inventory to get me down there.

In the end, I went with Longo, who I initially didn't think would meet my price. For me, I got the VIN number and sticker tied to the price before I ever stepped foot into the dealership. I insisted that I go there and verify the car and test drive it before I agreed as well. That was all after I agreed to the price. I just was so happy with Longo, they treated me exactly how I wanted to be treated.

If you do go the internet route, make sure you get the VIN number of the car in question, the price of the vehicle and the OTD price after all fees. I was at the dealership for a total of 20 mins when I went there to pick up my car.

FYI, I got the same car as Gamus, just a different color combo.
    Dirtywater,

Did you buy the 100K miles extended bumper to bumper warranty for $1650.00? Cuz I did and I told myself not to prior to going in but didnt want to deal with potential warranty issues down the line as it can get very expensive.

Thanks
  • cpa3cpa3 Member Posts: 89
    Gamus and dirtywater...

When you say OTD does that mean including CA sales tax...If so it looks like you both bought around $33,100. Or was that plus CA sales tax....Also what was the sticker on your cars...

thanks
    I didn't, but then again you can buy it within the regular warranty years, so there is no rush. I generally keep my cars for 4 years, so I 'll make the decision down the road.
    That does mean with tax. It was the price I knew I would not pay a penny more than after I left the dealership. I made it very clear I wanted the price before I ever came by to pay for it.

My car's MSRP was $37,656. It is a common package combo from what I found in my shopping in SoCal for the IS250.
  • LexusHunter09LexusHunter09 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to buy a 09 lexus IS 250 AWD with nav and xm radio in the northern va area. I would really appreciate some input from others about what is a fair price to expect in this area. Thanks a lot!
  • LexusHunter09LexusHunter09 Member Posts: 2
    Gamus and Dirtywater,

Did you guys buy AWD or RWD? Also, the sales tax is so much higher in Cali...I think its about 7%. I'm in Va and sales tax is 3.3%. Based on this, does it seem like right under 35k would be a good out the door price for an AWD IS 250 with nav and luxury package (and maybe satellite radio) or is this wishful thinking? I've been researching this forum for hours and the numbers are starting to blend in a little. A lot of the posts are from 06 or 07 or 08 so I dont know if those same numbers can be applied still?
    LexusHunter09,

I bought a RWD and CA Sales tax was 8.25%. I want to say the price before tax, etc was a shade under 32K, see previous post on the package that came with the car.

The numbers when shopping for a car does start to blend, I use the forum as a starting point, then I ask for quotes and they all land in the same ballpark and often way higher then what you see here, then I start grinding that quote down based on assumptions on their profit margin based on invoice of packages provided here on Edmunds or what other guys have paid. The car buying is fluid situation as Dirtywater got baited and switched at one dealer and another dealer showed integrity to sell what was quoted. I was told to take a hike a couple of time too because they thought my price was comical.

You know, when you have a good deal based on the info posted here and/or when the dealer gives you a price no other dealership would even match. I worked on the premise the dealership should break even or lose 1K or more. That is just how the market is right now.

Hope that helps.

Gamus
    LexusHunter09,

I got the exact same car as Gamus, so mine was RWD as well. I believe the AWD goes for more, but I am not sure. I am in SoCal, sales tax 8.25%. I wouldn't be the best person to gauge your typical price.

I got the Premium Package, not the Luxury Package. The Luxury Package was not an option I saw at the dealerships out here and that goes for more than the Premium Package. XM is a rip-off IMHO from the dealer unless it's already installed. They way over charge for it. I had two different dealerships quote prices of $850+ and $1250! In turn I got it and installed it myself, same as factory (same Lexus XM unit) for $300. Be prepared though that XM will add a significant price to your total if already installed.

The prices will blend, as well as supply and demand. I could be wrong, but I think the price has stayed relatively the same, outside of going up a couple K or two from '06. I heard from 2 Lexus dealers and read on Google as well that Lexus/Toyota was cutting production this year. I don't think it will affect you greatly though. As a buyer right now, you should be in the drivers seat.
  • BluePandaBluePanda Member Posts: 2
    Hey Gamus, I joined here to ask you a question, Im buying LEXUS IS250 w/ NAV
    premium pkg, just as yours. Can I ask where you bought yours from? im in Pasadena, and the glendale dearer offered 36k something. Help me out here, Thanks!! Juno
    Juno,

I bought mine at Stevens Creek Lexus in the Bay Area and went through the Internet Department. Since you are in the So. Cal area, I believe DirtyWater bought his in Long Beach and got around the same price give or take a $100.00 and he just made calls confirming the dealerships would honor the price of 35.6K OTD.

If you are at 36K OTD you can possibly grind out another 300-400 dollars? If the price is 36K plus Tax and lic. then I would say you have some work to do to get it where you want it.

It can be frustrating getting the price you want, but it is your money. Don't get tricked into whats another 1K spread over 3 years talk.

I will keep saying this about the price I bought at; If the dealerships are balking at to matching the price then it is a "fair" deal at 36.5K, if they all said cmon down then it was not a "fair" price.

Keep us updated.

Gamus
  • BluePandaBluePanda Member Posts: 2
    I got mine yesterday and I was able to match the price you paid; actually, little lower even with HID. I am so happy and satisfied with the car. I got mine at Santa Monica; obviously, they can do a lot better than Glendale does. Now I'm a Lexus owner! haha...thanks for your help Gamus. Regards Juno
  • dmoeller17dmoeller17 Member Posts: 13
    do you know what price that is without TT+L? I'm trying to see how possible $500 to $1000 over invoice is.

I priced out an is250 and the invoice is $32,900 so im thinking 33500-34000 purchase price plus TTL. Is that something that is possible?

thanks.
  • jsherm007jsherm007 Member Posts: 12
    Where are you at? I got mine in MN for less than $500 over in November 2008.
    Im in houston, there are 4 dealers here so I've got some people to pit against each other
    so what was your OTD price?
    Juno,

Congraaaaattttsssss!!!!

Can you post your OTD price so the forum can get a sense where the new target price should be set at? Also, how was the sales experience, how long was the search and negoiating and did the finance guy give you the raised brow on the price it was sold at?

Thanks,
    Gamus
  • chuangchuang Member Posts: 5
    what kind of options did you get for your car?
    BluePanda,

Check post number 2570 for the options I had.
  • gregd1gregd1 Member Posts: 38
    Has anyone tried to get the $3,000 incentive?
    http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/lexus/is250/100908538/incentives.html
    Just wondering.
  • greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    Gamus,

I'm looking at a car similar to you, basically everything but the summer tires (actually I think the one they just got in might have the 18" alloys.. it's their only car without chromes).. so 2009 IS250 with premium package, navi package, and preferred accessories (standard?). They offered that car to me at $32,800 + TTL at Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys, CA. When I chose to walk they offered the one with chrome (which I can do without) for the same price (dropped from $34,500 + TTL). Both car prices include 2 years of maintenance as well (supposed to be "complimentary" to take my business from BMW but you know how that goes). $32,800 plus taxes is $35,506 which is only a little under $150 from what you paid OTD so I'm assuming title, license, etc is more than that. Do you happen to have an exact number for what your car was before TTL? Also, the best they can do to finance me (729 FICO on Experian as first time buyer) is about 7.7% APR so I'm considering leasing instead. The lease would be either $1000 down and $473.56 mo for 35 additional months or $3500 down and $400.28 for 35 additional months. Both 12K leases. Dealer trying to tell me that's as low as they can go, but it seems this is not that great of a deal based on what you got. Can you or any others in SoCal please advise? (Specifically about leases and also about price BEFORE TTL) Thanks so much!

Also, does anyone know of any 2008 IS250's in SoCal area? I am unsuccessful at finding any.

PS -- I ideally need to buy by next Thursday.. so just about a week from now.
    The incentive is only on 2008 models and those are few and far between. I think there's only 2 new ones within 100 miles of me in LA or I'd be all over that.
    That seems like a good deal. What dealer did you get that quote from? I've been dealing with a couple in LA and the best lease I've gotten is $400.28/mo with $3500 down. My options are with premium and navi, so sounds the same as you (I assume you're getting prem if you're getting navi). Please let me know ASAP if you can.. I have 6 days to make a decision! :cry: :confuse:
    New best deal I got on a lease (SoCal).. which I'm thinking is as low as I can get cause all the other dealers I ask to match it (cause this one doesn't have the color I want) say they'll get back to me and I don't hear back. haha

IS250 with Prem and Navi
    MSRP$37656
    Selling Price $32548
    36mo/12k
    MF .0001 (.24%)
    Driveoff $4598.58 (includes $3200 MSD to lower MF and is refunded at lease end; other $1398.58 is title, license, etc)
    35 more months at $391.83 (incl tax, but will rise another 1% b/c of CA tax increase)
    Residual $19.581.12

Thoughts? Looking to close today.

Also, does anyone have any good leads on insurance? The best I can find so far (I'm 25/f with clean record, gated parking, AAA, college degree (non-science tho), pleasure driver) is around $900 for 6 months (100/300/50, no rental, roadside, or gap (Lexus leases include gap)) through Nationwide. I've called others that are much higher, but it seems that if someone refers me directly to their agent I get a better price through them than when I contacted the company the first time.. which is why I'm asking here. Need to find it soon! Thanks! :)
  • krazybalrkrazybalr Member Posts: 3
    Congrats, looks like you got a great deal. I bought mine last year in SoCal (Keyes Lexus). Mine came out a little less, but with no Nav, Im kind of jealous. In regards to insurance, try Wawanesa. Theyre a great company and hella cheap since they only insure drivers with a clean record. You will definately get it cheaper than $900. Good Luck!
  • lch77lch77 Member Posts: 53
    To # 2590: Note, the $3000 incentive applies only to the 2008 model year.

I'm looking to lease an AWD IS250, but need help finding a good price. Unlike those of you in CA, here in PA, the options are packaged differently. For example, I would like the luxury and premium packages. In CA, you can add them for $1,940 but here in PA, unless you place a factory order, you can only get them both if you also order Nav & the upgraded audio for an extra $2,500. That means that the car here comes in three basic MSRP's: $35,000, $37500 & $40,000. Each of these is adjusted for minor options.

I was quoted around $457 for the $37500 variety and $502 for the $40,000 version (36 months 15K miles). Both prices are without taxes, which in PA is 9% of the lease cost instead of 6% of the cap cost if you are buying. OTD was around $1,000.

Car Man, please list the LFS residual & money factor for this car.
  • newnmpr0vednewnmpr0ved Member Posts: 8
    Hi greeneyespsu, I did get quoted on mercury insurance from a broker/agent thatt my brother referred me to... he quoted me 684 for 6 months with 30k coverage... he bsaid it was the most basic full coverage... and this was on a 09 is250 with premium nnav... I haven't gotten my is250 yet but I just asked him for a quote just to make sure I know where my finances are at... if ud like his number, email me @ nicholson09@hotmail.com ... I also asked how much of an increase in cost it would be on the coverage ur looking for and he said it was a slight difference... he's located in mission viejo, so u don't have to worry about driving there...
    Hey newn..

I've called Mercury and they're about $900ish for 100/300/100 I think. I actually think maybe it was $25 more and included renter's insurance too. 30k isn't a coverage.. it would be 15/30.. and 30k wouldn't even cover the cost of the car if it's totaled. A IS is MSRP at least $35k. The minimum I would go with would be 50/100, but being in CA I feel much better with 100/300.. which is what Lexus requires on a lease anyway. Thanks though! :)
  • slaoslao Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a IS 250 RWD at Steven Creek Lexus, San Jose for $32,980 plus Tax & Lic. MSRP $38,134.
  • soba453soba453 Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased a 2009 Lexus IS250 with no nav, but with the prem. plus, wheel locks, rear bumper app., cargo net, and cargo mat for $29,700. That price includes destination only (doesn't include taxes and fees). The MSRP was $33,990. I got this at Longo Lexus in El Monte. The salesman had originally wanted to tack on the TDA and advertising fee on top of the invoice, but I complained about it and he seemed to have removed it altogether from the total price. I have a question though...Edmunds doesn't show any MSRP/Invoice values for the wheel locks, rear bump, and cargo net/mat. Does that mean it should already be included with the invoice price? or added on top?
    That price seems off. The auto RWD IS250 with prem and navi is MSRP $37656. Is yours manual? If it's automatic the MSRP should be just over $35k.

In the 2009 model the accessory package (wheel locks, net/mats, etc) is standard, no additional charge.
    The price I listed is without nav. It's also automatic. Does the price seem right?

Btw, I'm looking to purchase a second Lexus IS250, but I wanted to consider the Mark Levinson sound system. They aren't currently being produced in the IS250s, so they must be special ordered. The thing is, one dealership has told me that it takes 3 months, and another dealership called foul and said that for practical purposes it really takes 6-8 months. I honestly can't tell who's trying to BS me. I've sent a message to the dealership who said 3 months, but I thought I might ask here to see if anyone has had any real experience with special orders.
    Yes, I know. I can read. I said WITH NAVI and prem on an auto is MSRP $37656. Take out the navi (~$2500) the MSRP would be a little over $35k. If your car is MSRP $33-something then your options aren't adding up. If you take out the premium package too, then your MSRP might be similar, but with the premium it should be over $35k.
    That is strange, because I've used the "build your car" options on Edmunds and on the Lexus website, and they are both showing $33,990.

This is all I that I am building (these are MSRP values):

2009 Lexus IS250 RWD Automatic: $32,325
    Premium Plus Package: $840
    Destination: $825
    Total MSRP: $33990

If I did it with navigation, it would be: $35,700 (adding $2,550)

It's also showing a regional adjustment of -$382, but even without that it's no where near your number.
    Auto RWD with prem and navi is MSRP $37,656. It's the most common build of this car, at least in SoCal and that's coming from 5 dealerships I've spoken with/visited and also has been listed by others in this forum previously. You can do a search for "$37,656" and it'll come up multiple times in this thread (see previous posts from Dirtywater) and the lease questions thread.
    i think u are confusing him...

2009 IS250 with NAV/PREM/18s/accessory package - $37,6XX

2009 IS250 with PREM, accessory package - $33,XXX

unless u are talking about the $2,XXX luxury package instead of the premium... then the MSRP will be in the $35,000 range
    My car did not come with 18" wheels and it was not the Luxury Package (I am sure of that). I only had one dealership that included the 18" wheels for about $2000 (it could be removed from the car and total price), but every other dealership I went to did not have the 18s on them as a common build. As I previously stated, it only had the prem. package with the extra accessories (wheel locks, trunk mat, etc.) which didn't cost anything. You are right that it's the most common build, but the MSRP was never that high even with the nav. I don't know where you're tacking that extra $2000 from. I also don't know how long ago you've visited your dealerships, but I also visited a couple of dealerships in SoCal in the past week and they were all around the same MSRP that I listed. It's possible that the MSRP could have been lowered recently, but regardless of what you say the price is what it is (I would know since I just bought the car). Try building the car on the Lexus website or on Edmunds here and you will see the same price.
  • noobi_1212noobi_1212 Member Posts: 6
    That was an awesome deal that you had. I'm planning on going to Longo this weekend. Did you haggle to get that price?
    Coincidentally, I'll be at Longo either tomorrow or Sunday as well :) I did have to haggle though, and it didn't take too long. I also had no prior internet quote. I went in, and I immediately set the price at $29,500 to include the car, accessories, and destination. The salesman fought for $30,000, but I stood my ground. Eventually, we met halfway at $29,700. Overall, I'd have to say it was a really good experience for me. The salesman was very easy to talk to and did not pressure us. Most of the time, I felt like I had the control in the haggling battle. It is because of that experience, that I will be going back to see if they will honor the same (or better) deal on another Lexus that I will be purchasing.
  • smokin1004smokin1004 Member Posts: 1
    I am new to this forum and in portland, OR.
    I was in dealership yesterday and the quote was following;

2009 IS250 AWD
    Navigation
    Premium Package
    Preferred Accessories
    $35500 without TTL. (No sales tax in Oregon though)
    MSRP was around $39200.

I need help if this is a good deal.
    Please post what you think.
  • bakedheatbakedheat Member Posts: 2
    I'm in Central California (Bakersfield) The local dealer has this IS350 available:

Base $36,605 IS350 with 18" wheels ($830), High Intensity Headlamps ($875), Nav ($2,550), Premium Package ($840), Delivery ($825) = $42,811 MSRP

After some back and forth I have been quoted: $38,535, $55 doc fee, $2797.78 CA tax (7.25%), $250 license fee, $87 registration, $8.75 CA tire disposal fee = $41,733.53 OTD.

Is this a reasonable deal. I want to pull the trigger before CA increases the sales tax, tomorrow! :cry: as well as the vehicle licensing fees by almost 100% also tomorrow. Any thoughts? If I wait, the sales tax goes up by about $400 and the license will go from $250 to about $500.

Thanks if anyone gets this and offers me some last second advice on the pricing. :shades:
    i negotiated that exact specs WITH HID for 33,500 without TTL... u've got another 2 thousand to grind down...mine is a glacier frost mica 09 IS250 with nav, hid, prem, 18's... NO accessory package... i know some people got better deals on the model without HID, but i didnt wanna be greedy... i was happy at this price