Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    bayarea15bayarea15 Member Posts: 3
    I received an offer to get the IS250 Automatic RWD base model smoky granite color for $30.1k before TTL, I was wondering if this was a good price.

I also received an offer for the 2010 IS250 Automatic RWD base model in black on black (not my first choice in color) for $28,995 before TTL.

I'm leaning towards the 2011, because for $1k more, I get the new years model. But I saw better deals (with more options) on this forum and wondered if I should hold out.
    Examples of better deals below:
    jlite, "Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" #2867, 17 Apr 2010 8:05 pm#MSG2866
    tdinh3, "Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" #2856, 12 Mar 2010 8:22 am#MSG2855
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.efc53ba/2828#MSG2828
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.efc53ba/2826#MSG2826

Thanks in advance for your advice.
  • Options
    ck408ck408 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2010
    we are planning to get a is 250 rwd. the price they gave us is 34,700 out the door would be 38,377.70.

the package includes these following option:
    luxury package ( with nav)
    F- Sport package (18" wheels), suspension, sport pedals, aluminum scuff plates, front lip spoiler, sport grille, sport steering wheel and shift knob, sport seat w/ microfiber insert, heated front seat

led daytime running lights

please leave some comments to let me know if thats a good deal :blush::blush:
  • Options
    hi im sorry i think for a base model your actually getting over price. bc my husband and i got a fully loaded with everything quote 34700. it has f sport package in there. i was quote before on a is 250 2010 with nav fully loaded with 18 black sport rims for 32150.
  • Options
    Thanks for replying CK408!

I just got the same quote for the IS250 2010 with nav fully loaded for $32183 with 18" alloy wheels. It's a little farther away in Pleasanton, CA.

From contacting a bunch of dealers, it seems as though you received a really great deal. Out the door, I'm probably looking at $34700 without the F-Sport package. I was wondering which part of the country you live in.
  • Options
    bayarea15

what i got quoted for is a 2011. i know exactly where. you got that quote at pleasanton? we live in tracy ca but are from san jose. we called bunch of dearlers too. we call redwood, fremont, modesto, stevens creek, oakland, and etc but lots of places. the place that gave us the best price was concord. out the door for us is going to be 38,377.70 the msrp is 40,190.00 but they gave us 34,700
  • Options
    CK408, that is an amazing deal. A 2011? I will give Concord a call tomorrow morning. Thanks a lot for replying! I really appreciate your help.
  • Options
    dobindobin Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    I learned a lot from this forum
    as a treat, I would like to post my deal

I just bought Lexus GS350 2010 this satureday in NYC
    It's full loaded (nav. rear rada, seat heater..etc), MSRP $47xxx, invoice $43xxx and I got $38xxx
  • Options
    benjamin9876benjamin9876 Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2010
    is it hard to find one 2010 basic wihout nav or any other options right now?
    what price should i pay for it if there is one? Truecar shows around $28000.
    bay area. thanks in advances.
    btw, if there a way to check lexus dealer inventory?. it seems doesnt show from their website.
  • Options
    isospeedrixisospeedrix Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an IS250, 2010 model (which is outdated, last one on the lot, in Red exterior/ Ecru interior) with Nav, HID, 18" Wheels, accessory, etc package. MSRP is around $39000. Dealer is in Cerritos, CA.

I didn't negotiate much but the dealer was willing to do $31000 +TTL with a rather high finance rate of 3.9% for 60 months. Since the standard finance rate for 2011 models are 1.9%, this would equate to roughly $32300 +TTL with a 1.9% finance rate.

Having seen people get the 2011 model for $33000 + TTL, is saving $700 for the 2010 model worth it?
  • Options
    hjin25hjin25 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the market for a GS...can you tell me what dealer it was?? for 2010 GS350, 38xx seem worth the deal!!!
  • Options
    sumsungsumsung Member Posts: 2
    looking for IS250 2011 model, since local dealer sold out the 2010's

navi+mark leveson
    luxury pkg

what is a good price for it??

thank guys
  • Options
    sumsungsumsung Member Posts: 2
    Hi, i am looking for 2011 is250

how is the process , they offer you the quote at that price first?

or go through a hard time??

thx
  • Options
    cmdrfrogcmdrfrog Member Posts: 2
    Appologies if i missed this earlier, I'm looking for an upcheck on a IS 250C lease I am about to undertake.

The dealership was very straightforward and said that part of the December to remember event was that they would show invoice price right up front and they did so. I got to see the paperwork direct from lexus showing what the dealer paid and the invoice price. With options, my 250 convertible was 44100 Invoice.

I think but dont know what the residual for 15k / 12k miles should on this car - I Thought it was 63/65% respectively with a MF of 0.00165 but im not sure.

They werent offering any kind of cash incentives or under invoice pricing at all though. They were straight up Invoice + 500 take it or leave it. Are they doing right by me or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks!
  • Options
    kainnyckainnyc Member Posts: 80
    Lmao I would have too! But don't you think the 250 s engine is slow?
  • Options
    jym626jym626 Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2011
    Apologies for the late response. Just happened to chek back here. Made this purchase in Atlanta- Henessey Lexus

Also-- not finding the 250 engine slow for our purposes. Its just fine :)
  • Options
    benjamin9876benjamin9876 Member Posts: 17
    anyone brought one in bay area recently?
    Base model without nav.
    how much i should pay for it?
  • Options
    cwalkaggiecwalkaggie Member Posts: 3
    For base model you can probably get $31k OTD (9.25 tax rate)
  • Options
    krwakrwa Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    What is a good price for 2011 IS 350 RWD with the "C" package?

I think the options are: Luxury Plus w/18" wheels, Navigation, Rear spoiler

EDIT: oh and also the preferred accessories or something like that

Thanks!
  • Options
    happyabghappyabg Member Posts: 1
    Hey Everyone,

I recently registered for this forum but I have been a lurker for a while. Can you please let me know what you think of the following deal I was offered?

2011 Lexus IS 250 - Ultrasonic Blue Mica with Black Leather Interior

w/
    F Sport Package
    Navigation Package

I live in a county with 7% sales tax.

I was quoted my OTD price of $39,713.62.

Is that a good deal? I would need to special order it and it would take 60-90 days.

Thanks,

happyabg
  • Options
    That's a decent deal but you can probably get a better one. I recently bought one with the same package (Obsidian color) for $38,800 OTD with 9.25 tax rate. Doing some math gives you $35,514.87 for dealer price.

But in your case, the dealer price is $37,115.53. I'm not sure if you can go down to my price but you can definitely at least save another thousand.

PS: It took me a while to find the car with the right price.

Hope it helps.
  • Options
    gotcheapricegotcheaprice Member Posts: 5
    Hey, I'm in the market for a IS 250 right now. Would that 31k OTD be a 2011 ISO 250 RWD Auto? Do you think I could get that down in the LA area?

Or would I be better off getting a 2010 CPO? I found a bunch with navs, HID, and maybe a few other things, between 13-17k miles.
    Also found a used 2011 with nav and the F package, but I think that'll be out of my price range. They're asking about $35.5k+TTL.

Thanks
  • Options
    themanchisethemanchise Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2011
    Here is the deal I'm working on now. The car will be factory ordered..I'm trying to get a factory price on the 18" wheels as well.

2011 Lexus IS-350 AWD Lux package with Navigation
    Smokey Granite Mica, Black leather interior
    Rear Lip Spoiler factory installed
    Remote Key Starter Factory installed.
    MSRP is $46,299 my Price: 41K

Dealer says he's giving me a whole sale..Is this a good price gents?
  • Options
    In the LA area might be tough because I also asked for their quotes for the IS250 with F-sport package and their prices are significantly higher.

How much are they asking for the 2010 CPO? If you think the price difference is significant and a good deal, I'd say get the CPO since 13-17k miles is pretty much a new car.

Try asking around the dealerships in the bay area and get the best offer from them. Then use that best offer and ask your local dealerships if they can beat it. I'm sure they'll at least try to match it.

Hope it helps.
  • Options
    rhpdevrhpdev Member Posts: 14
    I am interested in anyone's experience in the Des Moines or Central Area in general with pricing information experience on both the 250 and 350. Looking for a fairly loaded package including NAV, but without Levinson sound and 18 inch wheels.

Also looking for thoughts on 250 vs 350.

Thanks
  • Options
    gotcheapricegotcheaprice Member Posts: 5
    Asking listed price of the CPOs are ~$30k-$35k, not sure what factors into the price difference except mileage. I don't really care about nav, so the price difference doesn't seem worth it. I'll see if I can check out the bay area, but according to truecar's best offer, they're about the same price, which is about $30.5k + TTL. Going in to purchase this weekend too, so I don't know if that's enough time to get enough offers from them.

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    sierrasonicsierrasonic Member Posts: 26
    What is best price for IS250 as base model. I heard concord nice price. I am going to check this weekend. Let me know if you guys get any nice price in bay area.
  • Options
    aafilsoofaafilsoof Member Posts: 12
    Just picked up a 2011 IS250 Base, MSRP 35,100. Sales price was 31,250 w/lexus $1000 loyalty incensive in South Orange County.
  • Options
    startofallstartofall Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Any advice on how much I should expect to pay for a used IS 250 (probably AWD it seems) with Navigation (and preferably CPOed) relative to the NADA/KBB values? Or should I wait until I move to Miami at the end of the month to buy one? From DC I would be willing to make a day's trip (to NYC for example -- have seen cars priced closer to value there) for a better priced car.

Thanks for any advice! And would appreciate any negotiation tips as well :P
  • Options
    bobtodbobtod Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Everyone I know is a BMW fan (even my own mother) and laugh at the idea of driving an IS250, so I come here asking for advice.

I think I have fallen in love with a 2008 IS250. Here are the details: CPO, Nav, X Package, 50k miles. I got them down to $24,300. The carfax is clean, and it was serviced every 5k miles...

I live in the SoCal area, is it worth it or are their better deals? Or should I mess up my life and get a 2011 BMW with their select financing program and have a ridiculous balloon payment?

Thank you in advance for your help!
  • Options
    poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    I laugh at them for being so devoted to BMW. They're all performance but don't hold up to the interior fit-and-finish or option pricing offered by Lexus. I'd rather have more creature comforts for a better price than be able to tell people that I can go around a corner faster than they can.
  • Options
    iss250iss250 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. Im looking to buy a new is250 A/T. However, I'm trying to keep the price under 30k. Am I able to get an is250 under 30k or is that just too low?
  • Options
    poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    Invoice for a base-model 250 A/T is $31,019 with no options selected.
  • Options
    yippyyippy Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    I would like to purchase a 2011 IS250 in LA area, I called a dealer in Cerritos, they are willing to sell it to me for 34K (basic model), but not willing to go down anymore. I've heard that I could go thru Costco program, any thoughts? Did anyone get a better price? How?
    Thanks for your reply
  • Options
    kmitch101kmitch101 Member Posts: 2
    The CPO prices I've been finding around the MD/DC area seem high to me, but I don't really know. One in particular I like is the following:

CPO 2008 IS250 AWD
    45,500 miles
    - Smoky Granite
    - NAV
    - Premium Pkg
    - Rear Lip Spoiler
    - HID Headlights

Asking price is $30,800.

I'm not too informed about all this, but that just seems high for a 2008 when hearing about some of the deals people have gotten on 2010 and 11s.

What do you think a good price to get this car would be? When are a lot of the leases up for 2009's? I mostly see 08's available.
  • Options
    greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    You're right, that's ridiculously high for that vehicle. That car just came off lease and it's almost 10k over mileage (assuming 12k/year). To put it in perspective, I got my 2009 IS250 RWD with NAVI/cam, Premium Pkg, and Accessories (sticker $37,656) for $32,448 brand new in March 09. You're being quoted ~$1600 less than that for a 3 year old car with 45k+ miles. Granted it's AWD and has a spoiler and HID (you can get those for a couple hundred $$), but that's a ridiculous price. The residual on that car is probably somewhere around $20k, maybe $22k. You could probably go back 3 years in posts to find what people paid for this car brand new on lease and see what their residual was (look for the 15k miles/year residual price) then add a couple thousand $$ for CPO/etc and that's what you should be paying. If you can't find any 15k/year residuals since they are far less common, look for the residual on a 12k/year and that should roughly be what you should try to negotiate to since it's a couple thousand $$ higher on residual than the 15k. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Also, leases for 09's will start coming up in a few months. Lexus has current year models until early in the following year plus you can extend your Lexus lease by up to 6 months if you like, so you will still find CPO 08's until this time or more next year. Ironically, you'll start to see CPO 2010 IS C's (convertibles) about this time next year as well as they'll be coming off lease and were marked 10's in the summer of 09 when they came out.
  • Options
    kmitch101kmitch101 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for all the info. It will definitely help me in the rest of my search. My current car can last me a bit longer until I can find a good deal.
  • Options
    denny0711denny0711 Member Posts: 2
    Just leased a demo 2011 IS-250C (convertible) with 2300 miles, 36 mos, 12K miles/yr lease (36K miles lease total allowable), total MSRP on car is $48,971.

Options:
    Luxury Pkg, Nav., Intuitive Parking Assist, 18" Alloy Wheels, & Preferred Accessory Pkg

Gross Cap Cost: $46,670 (no further reduction)
    Residual: $29,901
    Acq Fee: $700
    Other Misc Fees (Inspection, License, Title, etc.): $270
    Received $1000 Loyalty (Lexus owner) plus Tax Incentives

This was an up-front, one-pay lease with Sewell Lexus of Dallas.
    Extremely easy to deal with, best experience I've ever had at a dealership by far !!

Had a hard time even finding one of these on any dealer lot.

TOTAL LEASE AMT: $21,063 (amortized monthly comes to approx $585/mo).

Seems like a decent enough deal, any thoughts ?
  • Options
    Why would you EVER pay a lease off in one payment? That's even worse than putting money down on a lease! SMH. :confuse:
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,434
    When you do a 1 pay lease, the money factor is effectively 0.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    sanishsanish Member Posts: 66
    God forbid, if your car is in an accident and is totaled, what happens to your down payment? Have you thought about it?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    One-pay leases aren't the same as making a large CAP cost reduction...

Most one-pay leases work this way:

Lease is calculated as a normal, zero-down lease.

Money factor is then discounted to account for the one-pay, then lease is re-calculated, using the lower money factor (i.e.: standard MF is .0024, discounted MF is .0016)

Total payments using discounted money factor are added together, resulting in one-pay amount (you'll notice, there are still finance charges, just less of them).

In the event of early lease termination (totaled, sold, etc), lease balance is calculated as though lease was being paid monthly (with lower money factor). GAP insurance applies normally. The "monthly" amounts not yet used from the one-pay amount are returned to the lessee...

Basically, you are putting that money in an escrow account, from which the monthly payments are then made.. In return for putting the money upfront, the finance charges are reduced.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    silver0815silver0815 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am trying to negotiate an IS 250c lease, and have looked on the Internet for some decent deals to no avail.

I would like to pay $1500 down, but I am curious what a good monthly payment from there would be - I was thinking around $620, but have very little basis for comparison.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Options
    a101660a101660 Member Posts: 4
    Wondering what you think about the below quote for a 2011 IS 250 w/ Navi, Keyless Entry, Spoiler, Heated & Ventilated Front Seats, LED Daytime Running Lights.

MSRP is $40,835

Quote is $38,835 + TTL and dealer is throwing in window tinting.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    georgia12georgia12 Member Posts: 1
    My daughter owns 2010 IS250 RWD. She is moving from the sunny South to the snowy North. At the time of the car purchase over a year ago, had no idea would be moving. First of all, she has no experience driving in the snow.......Secondly, how will the IS250 RWD perform in the snow. I am very concerned. Any input?
  • Options
    redstone2redstone2 Member Posts: 4
    I can't speak specifically regarding the IS250 but I lived in the Chicago area for 20+ years and always owned either a front wheel drive or 4 wheel. They do generally take care of the roads well but I always felt more comfortable with front or all wheel. There are lots of BMW, Lexus and Infiniti vehicles sold but I never went that route. probably not much help but thought I'd chime in.
  • Options
    michaellnomichaellno Member Posts: 4,120
    While not a Lexus owner, I have lived in Colorado for 18 years, moving here from Southern California.

I see two courses of action:

1) Sell the RWD IS250 and get something with either FWD or AWD

2) Get a good set of winter tires to use in the colder months - these are not snow tires, per se, but rather tires that perform better when the temperature is less than 45 degrees F. Check Tire Rack or Discount Tire on the web for packages designed specifically for the IS250.

Option 2 is certainly less expensive, and has the added benefit of allowing both sets of tires to wear more slowly.
  • Options
    saveyewearsaveyewear Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 250i a few hours ago. The bottom sticker price was 43,000 before any discounts. I got a 36 month lease with 10,000 miles per year for $499 a month. This was after doing some negotiations.

Good luck!
  • Options
    lexusowner22lexusowner22 Member Posts: 1
    Lexus 2011 IS250 Basic model: $32,400, should I jump at this or get it even lower?
  • Options
    You have a lot of work to do yet. I got my 09 IS250 RWD new 2.5 years ago for $32,448 (sticker $37,656) and it came with premium package (heated/cooled seats, bluetooth, etc), navi/backup cam, and premium accessories package with 18" wheels.

If you go through costcoauto.com the deal is $750 over invoice (which is still less than your deal). That's a good starting point for negotiations.