Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1525354555658»

Comments

• greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    I haven't seen much posted here about leases (or purchases for that matter) of the IS 250 C since it came out 2 1/2 years ago. My lease on my IS 250 sedan is up at the end of March and I'm interested in getting into a convertible model. The forums helped me tremendously when I got my first IS ($407/month with nothing down on a 250 with nav/cam and premium pkg and preferred accessories/18" wheels). I'm hoping to get the convertible for roughly $100 more a month but it doesn't seem like anyone is getting any deals, or they're just not posting here. Carman, or anyone else, do you have any insight? I know I still have 5 months or so, but I'd like to be prepared so I'm starting to research now.
  • 99_528i99_528i Member Posts: 27
    Just wondering if anybody is trying to negotiate a good deal (like buying at invoice price) for a 2011 IS350 AWD, given the model change for 2012. I'm just going to purchase the vehicle from the lot. Do I need to present the $1000 loyal Lexus customer rebate thingy right at the start of the negotiation? Or the $1000 has nothing to do with the dealer and it's coming directly from Lexus headquarters?

Thanks.
  • fkongfkong Member Posts: 11
    Just took delivery of a 2012 IS350 with the F-Sport package, Navigation, Backup Camera and no accessories installed. Sticker was $45,810. Dealer took about $3,100 off. Leased it for 48 months/15k miles with $4k down and $588/month. Payments are high because of my credit problems. Lexus is running a promotion, where they make the first payment. I made them throw in the rear bumper applique and a keychain. Color was Nebula Gray Metallic (the only other IS350 F-Sport they had was black, which doesn't excite me). Spent 5 hours at the dealer (Longo Lexus in So Cal. Excellent dealer). Car is worth $21068 at the end of the lease. :)
  • lilahlilah Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a Lexus IS 250 (no nav, heated seats, accessories) for $33,604, which is $1000 under invoice. The whole experience was relatively painless and the salesman was very reasonable, I think. I had bought the "Fighting Chance" packet, which was helpful in terms of info about the way that car buying works and the ways that dealers make their money. Also, the invoice price of all options is in the packet. I decided not to do their buying strategy of phone calls and e-mails, followed by more phone calls and e-mails. Perhaps I could have gotten a few dollars less, but I was satisfied with my deal. I told the fleet manager I could buy through my credit union or Costco, but would rather buy from him and have that commission myself. He laughed and agreed. Then I said I knew from Edmunds and True Value that the average price was $2-300 less than invoice, and I wanted to pay less, being on the end that brings the average down. He said, would you buy for $1000 under invoice? I agreed and that was that. After lots of research, the actual buying was not too bad.

Lilah
  • yamaturkeyyamaturkey Member Posts: 4
    where are you located?
  • lilahlilah Member Posts: 4
    I'm in San Francisco. Dealer was Serramonte Lexus. I thought they treated me well. I'm enjoying the car!
  • mvnjpymvnjpy Member Posts: 1
    MSRP is 42k, dealer offering it for 37500. Is this a good deal? It's the 2012 edition, and 2013's are coming even though they're the same.

This is in Portland, OR

Thanks.
  • vballplayer30vballplayer30 Member Posts: 27
    My car got destroyed by the hurricane so my 08 is250 is no more. I'm looking at the 2011 is 250 with nav, back up camera, etc. Anyone buy 1 recently that can give me an idea of whats a good price? Also looking at a 2011 Audi a4 with nav/camera...prob stick with Lexus since I did like that car, but keeping my options open! Would appreciate any input!
  • vballplayer30vballplayer30 Member Posts: 27
    Just bought a CPO 2010 Lexus IS 250 with Nav/back up camera. NY just got hit with the hurricane so unfortunately, I lost some bargaining power with everybody losing/buying new cars. Sucks to have lost my car in the first place, but it's just a car and could've been worse.
    Anyway, here's the deal...19k miles, with nav, back up camera, heated/cooled seats, moonroof, and other extras, 29,100$ plus tax. I also got 4 new tires and didn't pay title/registration fees.

I gave them my OTD price of $28,700 and the salesmen immediately said they couldn't come close to that. Their initial asking price on the car was $33,200, but he said, "I think we can get that down to 31". After negotiating we to $29,100, he showed me the final contract and it showed a 75$ fee for the "license and title" and then the finance mgr told me there's a 60$ charge for the registration transfer. I asked if those fees are what motor vehicle would charge and he said yes...found out it's 10$ to transfer the registration and 50$ plus tax for the title. Called him the next day and said I'm not paying it. He initially asked if I wanted to go to DMV to do the title/reg myself, so i said yes...he called an hr later and said we'll waive the fee...FYI-DONT PAY THAT FEE...ITS TOTAL BS!!!! Anyway, I think i got a pretty good deal, although I could've done much better if every1 wasn;t buying used cars right now! How did I do?

Oh and for any1 negotiating a deal, here are some tips...search for cars mid month, but go to buy the car towards the end of the month when they need to make their quota...try to have at least 2 cars that your really interested in buying so if you have more options and bargaining chips...do your homework and find out what people r paying for the car on these forums (better then the appraisal values form kbb and here) and go in with your OUT THE DOOR PRICE (excluding Tax, title and reg)...tell them your price and if they say no, leave!! Don't be afraid to walk out! Don't talk about a trade in until after you've negotiated a price for the car ur buying. Hope this helps
  • aongaong Member Posts: 14
    Just wanna show my number with everyone who is looking for the new IS350.

The MSRP was 46907 and I got a selling price of 43000. I am financing the car for 60 months with 2.99% APR.

Good luck everybody!
  • thesqueegeekidthesqueegeekid Member Posts: 2
    That is amazing, wow ... I am looking for that same car (f-sport 350). Do you mind sharing which dealer or state you got that deal? Or, can you PM me? Thanks!!!
  • thesqueegeekidthesqueegeekid Member Posts: 2
    this is a smoking deal ... can you share which dealer you got this? For $3,000 off, I will fly there!!! Thank you.
  • nickm1979nickm1979 Member Posts: 10
    Bought the car in Austin, TX

2014 IS 350 RWD ; Nebula Gray/Red
    Blind Spot Monitor
    F Sport Package
    Mark Levinson Navigation Package

MSRP: 48,548
    Sale price: 45,831 (Discount: 2717)

OTD price in TX: 48,973
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited January 2014

For 2014 Lexus IS 250 purchase experiences, please visit the 2014 Lexus IS 250 Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion.

For 2014 Lexus IS 350 purchase experiences, please visit the 2014 Lexus IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion.