Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ycamp5ycamp5 Member Posts: 15
    Thank you for your response! I'm a first time post person on this forum but I have purchased cars before. I think I got a good deal for the car but yes, i feel they're trying to recooperate by giving me a lower than usual trade in value. I'm going to take my car to another dealership and just ask them what they would give for my car. Doing that todat actually because I have to decide on what car to buy..or wait for 2007 which released in OCT, here in AZ.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A national personal finance magazine is looking to interview consumers who have recently purchased (within the past year) a new Lexus IS250/IS350 and would like to talk about your new car. Please send an e-mail to ctalatiedmunds.com no later than Wednesday, June 28, 2006 by 2:00 PM PST/5:00 EST containing your daytime contact information.

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
  • paul179paul179 Member Posts: 10
    should I be paying for a base IS250 RWD with automatic?

Thanks!
  • aznqtboyaznqtboy Member Posts: 1
    i just purchased a is250 AWD with z1 package with nav for 35815 thanks dave for the great info i bought it at lexus of watertown MA
  • benzoservceguybenzoservceguy Member Posts: 60
    Buy a manual transmission and don't be worried about lack of or loss of power

That should solve your problem.
    Don't know how to drive a manual?? ... take a class .. they're inexpensive. Just look in the yellow pages under driving schools.

AHHH. there is NOTHING like having 3 pedals on the floor!! :shades:
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    When I shopped a RX330 (new Model) 3 years ago I got the same treatment. The Houston Area Lexus dealers are in collusion and engange in price fixing.. Contact Dealers in Austin, SA and DFW. 3 years ago I bought my FX35 from a dealer in DFW for a net 3k less than I could have gotten in houston. I would shop around even include OK as they don't sell a lot of Lexuses out that way I hear they are very competitive. Update the forum with your results and if we shift business out of houston the dealer prices will come down.
  • mikeinmdmikeinmd Member Posts: 23
    yes, I had a like experience with Houston dealers - when I asked for a quote, I was told "they don't compete with other dealers". BOYCOTT Houston dealers - show them customer treatment is important. If I lived in Houston, I would buy from another city and have an independent do the maintenance - keeping all the money out of their pockets.

Also, dealers seem to expect full MSRP (about $6,000 profit on a 35K car with approx. 3% holdback) but do not have the expense of keeping a good selection of IS's in inventory... they want full MSRP even though many (most?) folks have to special order (to get the options and color they want) -- RESULT: customer waits months and dealer (order taker) gets max profits (with little or no expense or business risk).
  • toyotaf1fantoyotaf1fan Member Posts: 37
    I sent out an e-mail to dealerships 1.5 hours away. I told the salesman what I wanted and after they gave me prices, I got each dealership to battle for my business.

Eventually, Don Valley proved that they wanted my business, and offered me a deal that nobody would even come close to. I currently work for Toyota, and they were the only dealership to take that into consideration.

Good luck, and I hope things work out for you. The deal that I worked out took 4 months. Be patient, and don't be afraid to walk out until they deal on your terms.
  • 1wiseguy1wiseguy Member Posts: 120
    New to the Lexus board. I'm trying to close a deal on a RWD IS 250 Manual with leather/moonroof. MSRP 39,900 CAD. What did you pay at Don Valley?
  • ycamp5ycamp5 Member Posts: 15
    $35,400 + fees MSRP $38,234

What do you guys think of this deal?
    I'm deciding between the lexus and the Mercedes C350 sports sedan for $36,234 MSRP $43,105

any input, thanks
  • jdprep25jdprep25 Member Posts: 2
    I bought the car, and very happy with it!!! don't get me wrong, but i still feel i maybe just maybe could have gotten a better price. It was 33,400.....so OTD with tax and license was $36,493. Now i know thats relatively low, i live in southern california and bought it at Longo. But i just found out a friend got their's for 37,000 with tax, license, fees, and 7 yr/100,000 mile warranty. (MSRP on warranty is $1400.) So does that mean she only paid close to $33,000 before tax license and fee's????? Please Help!
  • susu226susu226 Member Posts: 2
    What kind of car do you get? IS250+nav+premium package?
  • jdprep25jdprep25 Member Posts: 2
    yeah it was a black on black is250 with premium package and navi system.
  • amerincaicaamerincaica Member Posts: 4
    I noticed this dealership added extras to inflate the price :confuse:
  • richey02hgrichey02hg Member Posts: 69
    hey, here are the quotes i've been getting in orange county, cali

basically they sent me some high quotes so I emailed them back saying I am getting get quotes under invoice (200 under for TSX, and 500 under for TL) and Lexus shoots back at me a quote above 31k which they said was 1200 over invoice. So I already decided screw it I am getting an Acura. but anyways I had a couple of questions before I go and buy:

1. The Lexus dealer said I had to get a package, and a base model IS is the premium package IS, which means invoice is not 28k but more like 29k-30k. Is that true?

2. anyone getting deals closer to 30k, I couldnt even get one below 31k. This is for Lexus IS 250 Auto, Non Navi RWD
  • susu226susu226 Member Posts: 2
    You got a pretty good deal! I've been looking for the same package for a while, and the lowest offer was only $33,791, but they don't have the car in stock...
    Could you email me the salesperson and dealer name to me?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    ...so, just go ahead and post them here..

We don't allow identification of individual salespeople..

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• peterng3peterng3 Member Posts: 3
    I have been exchanging in emails with dealerships in socal.
    Here are some of the quotes I got for IS250 RWD auto, premium package, no Nav.
    Lexus of Glendale - $32,088
    Jim Falk Lexus - $31,600
    Longo Lexus - $31,500.

Do you think I can go lower than these?

Also Have anyone had experience with Costco Auto buying service?
  • liverichlyliverichly Member Posts: 25
    I'd think you could do at least $33,041, that would be $1k over invoice.

The two most competitive I've found are Jim Falk/Beverly Hills Lexus & Westminster (internet sales division).
  • richey02hgrichey02hg Member Posts: 69
    i was told by a dealer that I am required to get a package on an IS. And also that the IS with a premium package is the base model IS 250. Is this correct?
    did you mean 30,041?
  • khezkhez Member Posts: 1
    Wow man, this will be the deal I will look forward to get as well. I recall you got this deal from the dealershop @ Redwood City, CA correct? Could I get the name of dealer also? I've seen couple threads on this but it seems that they've gotten replies privately.

Thanks a lot!

Just to confirm, this is loaded IS350 which supposely has MSRP of around 44k+?
    Try the fleet/internet dept @ LEXUS of VALENCIA.

Give him the quotes you've got and they probably can work with you.

I know they wored with me and I was EXTREMELY happy wit hthe service & treatment I got. :)

We special ordered a:
    6 speed m/t
    sports pak
    G-Spyders
    matador mica red w/ black interior

Waited 5 months (WORTH THE WAIT) :shades: couldn't be happier

Got 2K off of sticker (works out to be about 2,300 to 2,500 OVER invoice)

GOOD LUCK
  • lexusgirl1lexusgirl1 Member Posts: 27
    Ummm I hate to break this to you but replacing the timing belt is considered a maintenance item and won't be covered under your extended warranty. :( Belts, hoses, brake pads, rotors, tires, etc are all maintenance items that are not covered. Extended warranties only cover mechanical issues. My husband is a service advisor and knows for a fact that these items are not covered. The good news is you can cancel that warranty and receive a 100% refund if you do it right away. Just wanted to let you know.... :)
    Actually, Lexus does not use a timing belt (as I had said before to brooklynjulie) they use chains, and since chains are mechanical, they MIGHT be covered by an xtended warranty. BUT the warranty company might 1) require a tear down to verify the failed component (which of course, the expense is on the customer) 2) require an inspection to VERIFY the failure.
    Now, when was the last time you heard of a Lexus breaking a timing chain?
    A Jaguar, yes, cause I've seen it and the CP $$ are ugly (if your the customer) or very healthy (if your the store/advisor)but since it is mechanical, they MIGHT pay (depending on company & level of coverage)
    Plus, most stores will ask the client for diagnostic times or estimates ($$) before any work is even done regardless of the warranty purchased. That way, if the warranty company declines, the tech still gets paid.
    Do yourself a favor ... cancel the warranty and get your money back .. with a Lexus, you WON'T need it. Take that money & put it in an CD or investment account and in 4 yrs (when the warranty is up)the money in that account should more than cover a major repair (if even needed)on your Lexus.
    Hey Lexusgirl1, you work for Lexus & your hubby for Honda. Ever get into the "whose got better quality" issue debate?
    If you can't already tell, I "share your passion" for the industry - just look at my "screenname". I would love to "swap war stories" but don't want you or I to post e mail address in such a public forum. Do you have a "car site" e mail address we could xchange ideas into?
  • homervinshomervins Member Posts: 5
    This was an offer made by a NJ dealer.

IS250 AWD (no options)
    MSRP: $35,069 incl. dest(Edmunds says $34,875)
    Invoice: $31,700 incl. dest(Edmunds say $30,758)
    Offer: $33,200

For a 12k/36mo. lease:
    Residual: 58%
    MoneyFactor: .00265

Is this a good deal?
  • loucopitsloucopits Member Posts: 103
    Since July 1, has anyone been able to buy an IS250 AWG for no more than $1,000 over invoice? I'm not looking for a specific dealership, just want some idea of how hard to push a local dealer.

Thanks!
  • prime203prime203 Member Posts: 20
    hey guys, so this forums been insanely helpful, ive been following since september... just got my IS250 with nav, premium, spoiler, accessory package, 18inch rims (smokey granite w/ black interior) for 33,000......... thats a great deal from what ive been reading. I got it from Lexus if Newport Beach, just opened a week ago and they have a pretty good selection and are willing to deal (btw beautiful dealership... makes fletcher jones mercedes look like sh*&). Oh and some people were debating about the standard sound system before... we have a SC430 and LS430 with mark levinson and in my opinion the standard IS250 sound system sounds better (not to say it sounds better than the surround sound systems now available in the IS/GS/ES) but def better than the older generation ML sound systems IMO...
  • fishlegs69fishlegs69 Member Posts: 3
    Ok...this sounds like the most amazing deal I've researched so far on the IS250. Was that a CAP COST reduction due to money you put down on the car or did you have minimal drive off? I will definitely call them. Did you lease or buy? If lease, do you mind sharing what your residual value, money factor and after tax payment was, so I can try to get a similar deal? If you have a salesperson you dealt with, I would be happy to give him my business as well. :)
    I wasn't aware of that.... my 1998 SC300 had one so I assumed the newer Lexus' would too. My hubby is the service expert and I am the accounting expert and I am here to tell you that the extended warranty companies will pay as little as possible! Do not let the finance/salespeople try to tell you that the warranty will cover everything...it doesn't! As I said before normal wear items are NOT covered.

You asked if my husband and I get into the Honda vs Lexus debate..... no because there is NO comparison! He knows it and I know it! Lexus blows Honda (and Acura too for that matter) out of the water! My husband was so disappointed with the quality of the current Honda/Acura line that he actually traded his RSX Type S in and bought a Subaru WRX STi! I was shocked because he ALWAYS drove Honda/Acura products. He likes my IS250 but thinks it is too slow! He would have preferred the IS350 but even getting it for invoice (since I work there) was too pricey for me! I LOVE MY IS 250!!! :) It is plenty fast for me and my 4 year old (who needs to go that fast when they have such precious cargo on board). :blush:
  • blueskieblueskie Member Posts: 2
    I ordered mine this week by putting a non-refundable deposit down. Auto, Nav, 18" wheels, Z1 package and rear spoiler.

Can other buyers please share your experience on how long it take for the car to arrive? I was told that the estimated time is four months but it always comes earlier than that. What are your experiences?
    It will take 2 1/2 - 3 months..... Did you order an 06 or an 07? What color?
    This price is too good to be true. Are you sure this is the correct? The invoice price with nav is already 31,500. Can I get the name of the salesperson you dealt with?
  • blueskieblueskie Member Posts: 2
    Hi Lexusgirl1,

I ordered a white with Nav but I didn't want the wood trim so I special ordered it. It will come as 07. I really hope it will come sooner than 4 months. 4 months is kind of a long wait.
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Our special order took 5 months .. there was a month delay cause we missed the order deadline
    I was told all special orders go in the 3rd week of the month
    Had we made the deadline, it would have been 4 months (start to finish)

We ordered
    IS250
    6 Speed MT
    Sports Pak
    Ordered LAST week of Jan (order not placed until END of Feb)
    Took delivery June 17th (day b4 Fathers Day) nice "gift"

GOOD LUCK

P.S. - IT'S WORTH THE WAIT!!!
    Believe me .. I know they don't like to pay. They try to send an inspector each & every time to drag out the process. My favorite "excuse" they give us is .. "we have not verified a failure, we can only replace the part if there is a verified failure" .. SORRY (yeah right you're sorry)
    Sometimes the inspectors treat the claim like it was their $$ or they OWNED the insurance company. One time I actually saw an inspector make a tech boil a thermostat to make sure it would not open (& would stick thereby leading to an overheat) No failure verified, no claim payment.
    It's usually a collaboration between Sales & F&I to tell the client that the warranty covers everything.
    My favorite line is "My salesman told me it was a bumper to bumper warranty" Oh, how I "LOVE" that one (ask your husband about that one, I GUARANTEE he will be LHAO (Laffin His A Off)
    As for the chain/belt issue .. a LEXUS service writer told me the newer engines use a chain (Benz, BMW & Jag all use chains) but hey, he might be wrong but he did access an engine technical manual that showed a chain.
    There are some cars I would not want to drive once they exit the warranty period. On those cars, an extended mechanical failure warranty (which is what they ACTUALLY SHOULD be called instead of an extended warranty) would be a good idea. On a Japanese car, "the jury is still out"

A Subaru??? You let him buy/lease a Subaru?
    Might be the biggest bang for it's buck (great performance, handling & value) but LOOKS??
    AWFULL. Who designed that car? It has to be one of the ugliest cars out there .. right up there with the Pontiac Aztek (what the HECK was that thing anyway?)

Anyway .. enjoy your 250 (cause I know the wife & I enjoy ours .. actually she enjoys it more)
  • shay21shay21 Member Posts: 3
    I'm in the market for a used IS 250 as I cant afford a new one right now. I was wondering if anyone knew what the going rate would be for a used/certified pre-owned IS 250 RWD with premium package and 6000 miles on it. All that I have been able to go by was one or two cars on ebay and watch how the bidding went.

Thanks for any help, this site is great.
  • mikeb13mikeb13 Member Posts: 3
    I ordered my IS 350 on March 25 and it just arrived today, so the total wait was a little more than three and a half months. If benzoservceguy is correct and orders are all placed the 3rd week of the month, then obviously I just missed that deadline as well, which may have added some time to my order.
  • antoniusantonius Member Posts: 39
    I have an offer for an IS350.

18k mi/ 36mo lease
    43900 MSRP
    40000 Sale price
    9200 down (trade)
    53% residual (56% minus 15cents a mile for the 3000 mi over 15k a year makes it 53%)
    .00275 MF
    491 a month.

I am pretty new to leasing. Am I missing anything? Credit score is 800. Thoughts? Does a 56% residual on a 15k mile lease for an IS350 sound right? Like I said, mine is really about 53% since I have the extra 3k miles.
    I don't know the specifics on the residual percentage for the IS350, but that is the one number that dealers have no control over.. It is set by the leasing company, and can't be adjusted (well...except for mileage). Your credit score has no effect, like it might on the money factor.

Residuals tend to drop this time of year, as we get closer to the new model year..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I am being charged about 3000 in drive off costs. Is that normal? Fees are:

530 DOC
    492 First payment
    626 Reduction Tax (value of trade in tax)
    600 Acquisition
    650 Lease Reserve.
  • bentley306bentley306 Member Posts: 1
    I have two questions. The first regards price: I've received a quote of $39,850 on the IS 350 with the Sports Package (include ML and Navi), which also has the stupid spoiler on it. The MSRP is around $44,250. Is this a good price?

Secondly, I like the Blue Onyx color, but it appears that this color is not being made at the moment in that package. How does one go about special ordering a certain color, and so the dealers give you a hard time on the price when you special order?
  • liverichlyliverichly Member Posts: 25
    It's been rumored that the IS350 will not come in Onyx Blue anymore and will be replaced by an alternative color blue, '06 cannot be ordered anymore so if you want Onyx Blue you'll have to get a custom paint job or find an '06. The $39,850 price you have is very good, most have only gotten it down to the $41k area.
  • yamaheartyamaheart Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys, I’m pretty new to this community and I need a lot of tips from you guys. The more the better, well I have never buy a new car before so I don’t know any about it. I’m thinking of getting that IS 250 and what are the differences between MSRP Price and Invoice price? Can I get the Invoice price instead of the MSRP prices? It seems to me that Invoice Prices are lower. And how can I find a good deal out of it. I’ve been reading all of your posts up in here and saw that u could purchase the IS250 for 31K. Is that the final price included tax or without tax? And how about road fees? Or what is the final price? If I go to the dealer and ask for a good price, what are some tips that I need to deal with that dealer? What tips do I must know to avoid getting rip off big time. If I was gonna order 1, do I need to pay the full amount or I can just do payments with some money down? Do u guys think that getting the 07 models will be better than the current 06 because of all the 06 model’s discrepancies will be corrected on the 07 models? Sorry if I ask too many questions. I just don’t know any of it and willing to learn so I can make my IS250 purchase the right way. Thank you.
  • cklho818cklho818 Member Posts: 29
    The dealer just quoted me $41,288.00 for an IS 350 w/ Luxury Pkg. Is this a good deal or not? I am thinking maybe trying to knock another $1,000 off to $40,288.00

What do you guys think? Is this reasonable?

In addition, just want to share my shopping experience while looking for the ideal Lexus IS. The recent dealer and the previous one I dealt with said that Lexus no longer accept special orders.

I originally tried to order an IS 250 RWD w/ Sport Pkg back on 06/26/2006. The dealer called back on July 5th said that Lexus is no longer accepting special order though they did successfully ordered one before for a client couple months back with a luxury pkg instead of the sport pkg. Is this true or they just want me to purchase one off their lots.

I am living in the Bay Area (SF & East Bay)California
    Here are some pricing quotes to share. I got them from a dealer about 2 weeks ago, could be different now.

2006 IS 250 w/Navigation & Premium Plus Package
    MSRP = $36,504.00
    SPECIAL PRICE
    = $34,504.00.00 + Fees

2006 IS 350 w/Premium Plus Package & Navigation & CHROME WHEELS
    MSRP = $41,139.00 + $1,895.00 Chrome Wheels
    SPECIAL PRICE = $40,674.00 + Fees

2006 IS 350 w/Sport Package
    MSRP = $44,264.00
    SPECIAL PRICE = $41,857.00 + Fees

2006 IS 350 w/Luxury Package & Navigation
    MSRP = $44,784.00
    SPECIAL PRICE = $42,273.00 + Fees

***All Prices Plus Tax, License, & Gov. Fees. Additional Accessories

may apply. Subject to prior Sale.***
    Well, I paid 40275 for a IS350 with tinting and Premium and Sport package. MSRP was 44384 with the tint. Paid first month payment and had the Acq. and Doc fee rolled into the lease, so my upfront was 650. Payment 659 a month 36 mo/ 18k mi a year. Money factor .00165 (paid 9 multiple sec deposits to get it down from .00255). Residual was 53% with the 18k miles. I think it was a pretty good deal.
    Thanks for sharing; it's certainly helpful. I am thinking of getting one pretty soon say in the next couple of days so I am doing some last min. researh.

The most recent dealer quoted me for an IS 350 w/ Luxry pkg & McLev audio sys for $41,288. I am thinking of knocking it down a bit like to $40,288 or lower; Hope I can succeed.

Have a good weekend. :)
    well...don't forget Lexus holdback is about 2%..so there is about an extra 800 or so profit beyond the invoice. Also, when you negotiate...go over to Infiniti first...talk to them about a lease identical to the one you are considering on an IS350, but on the G35 coupe. The terms Infiniti is offering on an 06 G35 coupe are crazy with the high residual and low money factor. Despite what they say at Lexus, the G35 coupe IS a competitor. If you go in armed with the residuals and MF that Infiniti would offer you on a comparable term/mileage lease, you may be able to get them to give you a more competitive price and a more competitive MF (assuming they are not already offering you the buy rate). I was quoted 56% residual and .00196 MF on a 06 G35 coupe on a 36 mo/17.5k mi a year lease...strong #s.