Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Which Minivan has easiest seat storage?

cherroncherron Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Honda
It seems like most minivans have some type of "magic" seat option, but which one is the easiest to use? What about 2nd row seats? The Town & Country has the "stow and go," but are the 2nd row seats comfortable? I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice seat comfort, just to stow them into the floor

Comments

• jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    I can't recall ease of use of the other minivans, but our Mazda MPV 3rd row seat is easy to use. Just pull out the short strap in back and pull on a longer strap to hide it away. Since, the MPV does not have the longer distance between the back of the third row and the rear bumper...I'm guessing one wouldnt have to lean in as much. The MPV 2nd row seats are fairly easy to remove, I think they weigh 40lbs. They are very comforable.

GM minis dont have the "magic" seat.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    Well, the 3rd row is pretty easy to use in the Odyssey. The only one that I would compare it to for ease of use would be the Sienna. One additional advantage to split 3rd row seats is that individually they are lighter (easier to operate) than a single non-split 3rd row. But I think the ability to flip the 3rd row over for tailgating in the MPV is a neat option that I sometimes wish we had in the Ody.

The Ody 2nd row seats aren't so much heavy, as just awkward to remove/install due to their bulk. Fortunately, I've only had the real need to remove them on a couple of occasions.
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Odyssey 60/40 split 3rd row seats were the easiest to fold into the floor, DC minivans 2nd and Sienna took a little more effort than DC. I thought Ody had the most comfortable seats in 2nd row, Ody and Sienna tied for comfort in front and rear seats with DC being the least comfortable...but still comfortable.
    I prefer the 2nd and 3rd row seats of my 02 T&C to the Stow 'N Go for comfort and they are not very hard to remove. My 02 T&C 2nd row seats are much easier to remove and reinstall than the 2nd row in either the Ody or Sienna.
  • aaron_taaron_t Member Posts: 301
    I haven't compared ease or use between the three market leaders, but I love the split folding of our T&C Toruing. It requires three steps: First to fold the back agaisnt the seat bottom. Next to release the latches on the front, and last rotate it into the floor. Also, one can skip step one for tailgate seating.

Doesn't someone have a power folding rear seat availible? I know the 2006 Ford Explorer does, why not minivans? I'm sure they are coming.
    The 2006 Sienna Limited FWD has a power folding/adjustable 60/40 Split & Stow 3rd row seat included in Pkg # 3. ;)
    The power folding/adjustable 3rd row seat is NOT available in the Limited AWD.
  • dennisctcdennisctc Member Posts: 1,168
    Doesn't someone have a power folding rear seat availible?

I hear that DCX is working on it for T&C.....2nd and 3rd row power folding, for MY 08 though.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    Are we that lazy that we need a power folding rear seat????

The Quest has the traditional full length 3rd row seat, but it is very simple to use. Grab strap, push button an dpull the seat toward you. Once it is int he well, lift up on the handle on the bototm of the seat (which is now in front of you) and it collapses into the well. Unfortunately you have to reomove the headrest though.

All minvans should have the deep well and disappearing 3rd row seats. Adds to the versatility of the vehicle.
    "Are we that lazy that we need a power folding rear seat????"

What do you think?

Actually, I think it's just one part laziness, one part "at least three times in the last decade I've needed to drop the seat at the same time my hands were full, so I really really really need a power folding seat", and a huge dollop of "hey, check-out the cool seats in my new van!".

But that's just IMHO......
    Are we that lazy that we need a power folding rear seat????

Well, I have to admit, I thought putting a power hatch on a minivan wasn't too smart, but now I can't imagine not having it. Here in Michigan in the winter, when cars are filthy from dirt and salt, being able to not touch a dirty handle to open and close hatch is FANTASTIC! I bet senior citizen would probably feel same about power folding seats....many SUVs have em already.
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    As an Odyssey owner, I have to say that among Pre-2004 minivans, the Odyssey was the king.

Now, I think the crown goes to the Toyota Sienna XLE Limited with PKG 3, which has those power folding seats :):D:blush:
    OHh wow, didn't know Toyota had those!! KEWL
    Can't get it on AWD models. Only the FWD Sienna XLE Limited.

All you do is push a button!
    Now that the rear seat will fold into the floor by the push of a button, isn't it time for another luxury item to save us from working too hard?
    Isn't DaimlerChrysler going to put power operated 2nd row seats "Stow ' N Go" into the Town & Country Ultra Limited?
    Only a matter of time before the driver can use voice commands to select Drive, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Reverse, or Park. Time to reduce the workload for lazy Americans. ;)
    A bunch of smart engineers had to develop the system, so you could say that its actually making America smarter and more innovative since American engineers are developing the technology.

I'm not sure who all worked on the Power seat thing over at Toyota though...
  • gg2k2segg2k2se Member Posts: 109
    All I can add is that the Quest middle seats fold "almost" flat rather easily. I brought home 4X8 sheets no problem. As # 8 above said, the rear seat also goes into its well quickly; it takes longer to clear out the well than to drop the seat. The middle seats are very comfortable but the rear seat is a little small for adults

I've never seen the Chrysler stow seats and I can't see paying for an optional power stow seat. Sounds like too much to break and/or crush.
  • slovikovskislovikovski Member Posts: 8
    spend your money elsewhere...not on an MPV....needed new tires, rear heater work and new alternator/battery before 30000 miles..ouch
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Hi, slovikovski,

Since this discussion is about seat storage in minivans, you might get more feedback in our MPV discussion here:

Mazda MPV

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• slavutaslavuta Member Posts: 9
    Just checked 2006 Oddysey and 2006 Sienna LE.
    Odyssey's 3rd row is easier to operate.
    But have you seen the 2006 Sienna XLE Limited with Package 3? Nothing can beat it. All you do is push a button.
  • rcole2rcole2 Member Posts: 5
    I agree. The Ody seats seem lighter; easier to fold down into the cargo area.

I still bought the Sienna LE though. ;)
  • ckeoughckeough Member Posts: 15
    We have an 06 Quest and tested the Sienna and GC. The Sienna and GC rear seats are more user friendly since the headrests don't have to come off, but the 2nd row seating in the Quest is much better. The GC Stow and Go is a great feature, but we found the seat to be very small and uncomfortable mostly likely due to fitting in the storage well. The Sienna's 2nd row seats only tumbled forward. The Quest's 2nd row seats are very comfortable, position forward and back to give great legroom and fold almost flat very easily.

Chris
    Just back from the North American Autoshow in Detroit (Supplier Day pass - only way to go to Autoshow). I played with all the vans and their seats. If you need flexibility for cargo/passengers, nothing beats DCX's "Stow N Go". As far as 3rd row seating, I'm sure once you buy one and learn how to fold it, they're all identical in my personal opinion!
    AGREE. I went over to the Salt Lake City Auto Show (in Sandy, Utah) today and folded the 3rd row seating of most minivans...and all fold up or down very easily. (GM is my least favorite :sick: ).
    The DC minivans, Sienna, and Odyssey appear to have the most cargo space behind the 3rd row. The 2006 Kia Sedona is "The MOST Improved" minivan...but my preference remains DC, Sienna, and Odyssey. ;)
  • marine2marine2 Member Posts: 1,155
    It seems like most minivans have some type of "magic" seat option, but which one is the easiest to use? What about 2nd row seats? The Town & Country has the "stow and go," but are the 2nd row seats comfortable? I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice seat comfort, just to stow them into the floor

Well the third row of the Dodge is a little harder but that is only because it's a split seat that will not only fold flat into the floor, but flip the other way so you can sit on it looking out the tailgate. But Chrysler marked the pull tags, so you know in what order to pull them to get the seat they way you want.

The second row seats are pretty easy when you remember to move the front seats all the way foreword.

Here is two pictures of one seat stowed and the storage bin part way open. I have a storage pad, battery cables, tools, rope, flashlight, can of fix a flat, tape and bungy cords in it and I could still put in another storage pad.

My Daughter is about to have a baby any day now and I'm going to take a set up bassinet to her house tomorrow and I will take a picture of it setting inside the side door all set up with one seat folded. This is why the Dodge is so family friendly. Your always ready for what ever you need to carry.

http://www.marine1.zoomshare.com/album/minivan/images/3c38fb2705868db01d3853fb53- af25d9_11404033020/image.jpg

http://www.marine1.zoomshare.com/album/minivan/images/f18f83bd36cdf303c22ab68724- 6252d3_11404032510/image.jpg
    http://www.marine1.zoomshare.com/album/minivan/images/d3ef1c8150345793a6729b3c28- - - 7a1d97_11404444690/image.jpg

As you can see, no problem getting most anything in the side door. Your always ready with this van. It's as family friendly as you can get.
  • cpsdarrencpsdarren Member Posts: 265
    The DC minivans, Sienna, and Odyssey appear to have the most cargo space behind the 3rd row. The 2006 Kia Sedona is "The MOST Improved" minivan...but my preference remains DC, Sienna, and Odyssey.

I also had no problems folding the seats in any of the models you mentioned. All are good choices. The Sienna seemed to have the most usable cargo room behind the 3rd row seat to me. It wasn't a huge difference, but it might come in handy for some. On the other hand, I do not care for the third row seat folding and design in the Quest and Freestar. Those definitely seemed heavier and harder to fold than the others.

Stow and Go is awesome if you mostly have kids and cargo in back. Just like the folding third row seat, I bet it will be pretty universal among the next generation of minivans.

Now if only one of the manufacturers could produce a minivan with Stow and Go seating that is also as comfortable for adults as regular captain's chairs. Include an 8th passenger option, top safety ratings, standard side curtain airbags, stability control and dynamic head restraints. Is that asking too much for a class of vehicle targeted at families?
    Now if only one of the manufacturers could produce a minivan with Stow and Go seating that is also as comfortable for adults as regular captain's chairs. Include an 8th passenger option, top safety ratings, standard side curtain airbags, stability control and dynamic head restraints. Is that asking too much for a class of vehicle targeted at families?

Wait until the new generation Chrysler/Dodges come out. You may get all of that and more. Although there is nothing uncomfortable with the stow and go middle seats now. No one that owns one is complaining about them being uncomfortable. Only the people that doesn't own one.
    "Although there is nothing uncomfortable with the stow and go middle seats now. No one that owns one is complaining about them being uncomfortable. Only the people that doesn't own one. "

I don't own one, but I have ridden in them. Stow and Go would be great for us if there was an 8th seat option, since we mostly have kids in back 95% of the time.

On the other hand, I personally wouldn't want to ride in the rear seats for anything much longer than a short commute. Obviously, if you ride in the second row frequently for longer trips and bought the Stow and Go, then I assume it was comfortable enough to purchase on that basis. So, it's no surprise that many owners would not complain, while some that don't own one may have purchased another van in part because of the seat comfort. That's why smart shoppers do research and test drive before buying;-) It's a good thing there are a lot of choices for people who have varying opinions on comfort and everything else, too.

That said, do you feel there is no room for improvement in the Stow and Go seats in regard to comfort for average adults? Do you doubt that the design will be improved by DC or competitors when they copy the concept? That was my point as far as next generation vans.
    On the other hand, I personally wouldn't want to ride in the rear seats for anything much longer than a short commute. Obviously, if you ride in the second row frequently for longer trips and bought the Stow and Go, then I assume it was comfortable enough to purchase on that basis. So, it's no surprise that many owners would not complain. It's a good thing there are a lot of choices for people who have varying opinions on comfort and everything else, too.

That said, do you feel there is no room for improvement in the Stow and Go seats in regard to comfort for average adults? Do you doubt that the design will be improved by DC or competitors when they copy the concept? That was my point as far as next generation vans.

I rode in the back once from Phoenix to Prescot and didn't find them a bit uncomfortable. They are a little firmer but not uncomfortable in the least. I find the Ody's ride much firmer than the Dodge, but I wouldn't call the ride uncomfortable either. The ride in our Civic is much firmer than the minivan and can be brutal on ruff roads.

I hear the seats will be changed to some degree on the new generation Dodge/Chrysler. They are suggesting to make them different to accomadate all wheel drive again and making them motorized. Not confirmed.

I have had no need for eight seats. Most families only have a couple of kids and even with their friends, I don't know if I would ever need eight seats. Haven't needed them yet. But I have sure used stow-n-go quite a few times in 14 months. Used it just today taking the bassinet to my Daughter's house.
    "I rode in the back once from Phoenix to Prescot and didn't find them a bit uncomfortable."

Exactly my point. You bought something that met your needs, which may vary from someone else's. You can debate the topic of comfort all you like, but it's a subjective preference and was not among the main points in my original post, anyway.

"I have had no need for eight seats."

Never said you did. That was also only a side note in my original post and obviously any individual buyer can assess for themselves if they need an 8th seat or not. For my case, it was a selling point. For others, it's useless. You won't find anything to disagree with me about, there.

As for the thread topic, I certainly agree that fold-away seating systems are the way to go and provide the easiest storage. On the other hand, it is a bit ironic how things have changed from 5 years ago on these forums. Back then, many DC minivan owners refused to accept the utility of Honda's folding third row seat and criticized it for being less comfortable than a conventional seat. While I generally agreed about the comfort issue, it was clearly the most convenient solution at the time and is now emulated by almost every other minivan. Honda has since improved the comfort and folding systems, as I expect DC will do with Stow 'n Go. Likewise, as I said earlier, I would not be surprised if most other minivans debut some form of Stow 'n Go in their next generation models.
    As for the thread topic, I certainly agree that fold-away seating systems are the way to go and provide the easiest storage. On the other hand, it is a bit ironic how things have changed from 5 years ago on these forums. Back then, many DC minivan owners refused to accept the utility of Honda's folding third row seat and criticized it for being less comfortable than a conventional seat. While I generally agreed about the comfort issue, it was clearly the most convenient solution at the time and is now emulated by almost every other minivan. Honda has since improved the comfort and folding systems, as I expect DC will do with Stow 'n Go. Likewise, as I said earlier, I would not be surprised if most other minivans debut some form of Stow 'n Go in their next generation models.

Wouldn't doubt that others will emulate stow-n-go either like they did Honda's folding rear seat, or how they emulated Chrysler's minivan. I remember when the minivan first came out and got a so,so review. Not thinking they would be very popular with the public.
    Regarding the placing of the assembled bassinet in your DCX:

"As you can see, no problem getting most anything in the side door. Your always ready with this van. It's as family friendly as you can get."

Personally, I would have stowed the 3rd row in our Odyssey and loaded it through the rear-hatch. And STILL been able to use the full 2nd row for the kids.

You remember kids, right? "Kids" are part of that recipe for a "family". So "family friendly" usually means the ability to haul stuff around WITH THE FAMILY. I'm fairly sure I would get some strange looks from my wife if I decided it was better to haul stuff around in the 2nd row and put the kids in the 3rd row, rather than put the kids in the 2nd row with the misc. stuff behind them.

Maybe "family friendly" means having the kids as far away from their parents as possible......
    First of all, I have no small kids. Ony grandkids and when I do have them, I let one sit in the one middle seat that's up and the other two sit in the third row seats. Now do you know why I don't need eight seats?

Second of all, it's much easier to put things in the side door sitting up than dropping down the third seat and lifting things up and shoving it in. Like I did a few months ago taking my air compressor to my brother's house to use. Try lifting that through the rear hatch yourself.

But even if I had the three grand kids with me, I could still take them and also put the bassinet in the same way. It would only mean the two in the third row would have to scoot over one seat to the left. Plenty of room.
    My Sister called today and said she bought an electric scooter or chair for our 92 year old Mother. Now I am going to look for some metel ramps so we can drive the scooter up the side door so Mom can go places with us. I never gave that a thought before. My brother is going to get rid of his 91 Ply minivan so he can help out too. Yes, family friendly. I'll take pictures when I find the ramps, with the electric chair/scooter in it.
    Just curious, do you anchor any of this stuff to the vehicle? Those are some pretty deadly projectiles in a crash. I've seen case photos of a loose, small toolbox punching through the trunk of a sedan and killing a child. I wouldn't want to be in front of a scooter or other large object....

Incidentally, Toyota has a great mobility option for the Sienna.
    I sure do. If you looked at the one photo I put up of some of the stuff I carry in the storage bin, you should see rope and bungy cords. You tie it down by tying it to the ancores that hold the seat down when the seat is stowed. They work great. I didn't have the bassinet tied down when I took that picture, because I wasn't ready to leave yet.
    Does the Honda have a lockable storage drawer under the front passenger seat?
    I'm aware you have no small kids. Which is one reason why your constant referal to the DCX with sto'n'go as the "family friendly" choice is.....interesting to me.

I'm just telling you that, as a parent of two young children (the typical 'family' for a minivan owner) that the preferred arrangement for passengers and cargo is: passengers in the first and 2nd rows with cargo behind the 3rd and 2nd rows. I simply cannot picture the situation where I would voluntarily chose to place cargo in the 2nd row space and passengers in the 3rd row.

However, assuming I WOULD choose such an odd arrangement...I CAN DO IT WITH THE ODYSSEY. It just involves taking out either one or both 2nd row seats.

I'm still trying to figure out why loading cargo in the middle and passengers in the rear makes one particular vehicle more 'family friendly'....

Frankly, IMO the Odyssey is more 'family friendly' since it offers MORE seating arrangements than the DCX vans (middle row seats can be placed together, you know, more 'friendly') whereas the mid row seats in the DCX are fixed in place.

Actually, I would call the DCX vans more 'cargo friendly' since it makes it easier to haul cargo on a moments notice and with no (or poor) planning than the others.

How about that? Why don't we refer to the Odyssey as the 'family friendly' choice and the DCX vans as the 'cargo friendly' choice (since it seems as though your use of your Dodge with sto'n'go is cargo first and people second).
    "Does the Honda have a lockable storage drawer under the front passenger seat?"

Storage drawer? Yep. Lockable? Nope.

Are the infloor storage lockers for the sto'n'go seats lockable? The infloor storage locker for the Odyssey is lockable. And one doesn't have to completely empty out the infloor storage locker if one decides to remove a 2nd row seat for cargo handling.

around and around and around and around we go......isn't this fun?
    No the two big bins don't have locks on them. And they are easy to empty out if I need to stow the seat. I have a storage pad in there and everything can be picked up on top of it and moved.

As you say, you can plan ahead when hauling stuff, you can do the same with the Dodge. Don't want to put kids in the back seats, leave them home with the wife if your carrying stuff. But I see nothing wrong with them in back if you have things in the middle. What if you hit the brakes hard and what you were carrying broke lose? it wouldn't hit the kid's seat. They would be behind it, not in front. If you have a real little one, there is still a second row seat there to use.

You maybe like a lot of people and pay to have a lot of things delivered, I don't. I'll save that $30.00 delivery charge and take it myself. Like last week when I bought the Daughter the chest for the baby's room.

If you have kids and grand kids, you are constantly carrying and buying things. Some things you plan for, some you don't. I don't have to worry either way, my van's ready. In no way is the Honda more family friendly than the Dodge. It's basicily a people hauler. I would bet most Honda owners have never taken the seats out of their vans, or if they have, not more than once or twice at most over many years.
    "But I see nothing wrong with them in back if you have things in the middle. What if you hit the brakes hard and what you were carrying broke lose? it wouldn't hit the kid's seat. They would be behind it, not in front."

There are also rear end crashes, side crashes, frontal crashes and rollovers. If you have any heavy cargo, it should be very well restrained as the forces can be very high. Rope is good, but basic bungees won't hold in a crash.

"if you have kids and grand kids, you are constantly carrying and buying things. Some things you plan for, some you don't. I don't have to worry either way, my van's ready. In no way is the Honda more family friendly than the Dodge. It's basicily a people hauler."

I may be wrong, but I think this is pretty much what rorr just said. The Odyssey has an advantage at hauling family and people, the DC has an advantage at hauling cargo. You can always buy a Sienna, too. It has more cargo space than either one and the tumble forward second row and fold flat passenger seat make a reasonable compromise between the two. You can even get a power hatch and overhead trip computer for a more reasonable price than on the Odyssey.
    "Don't want to put kids in the back seats, leave them home with the wife if your carrying stuff."

Or just put the cargo in the rear where IT IS SUPPOSED TO GO.

"You maybe like a lot of people and pay to have a lot of things delivered, I don't."

The only time I've ever paid a delivery charge was on a load of lumber to build a 12'x16' storage shed. But I doubt I could have gotten that load into a minivan, regardless of whether or not it had sto'n'go. I'm still trying to picture the item you can haul which the Odyssey can't.

"If you have kids and grand kids, you are constantly carrying and buying things. Some things you plan for, some you don't. I don't have to worry either way, my van's ready."

Ditto (except I don't have grandkids). I've still never had a situation where I 'worried' about the capacity of our Ody for either cargo or people.

"In no way is the Honda more family friendly than the Dodge."

Really? The van which offers more safety equipment (in the interest of family safety) and more seating options (for families) is NOT the more family friendly vehicle? Yet the vehicle which makes cargo hauling easier (for things like air compressors) IS more family friendly? Okay..... :confuse:
    Again, try and put a 25 gallon air compressor in the back by yourself. I can wheel it right up to the side door, bend down the handle and push it about two inches and wheel it right in. There is no way you can do that loading from the back. You can load most anything by yourself easier using the side door than the back hatch.
    Really? The van which offers more safety equipment (in the interest of family safety) and more seating options (for families) is NOT the more family friendly vehicle? Yet the vehicle which makes cargo hauling easier (for things like air compressors) IS more family friendly? Okay.....

Unless you have six kids, the seating option is mute. We have discussed safety already. Being able to use your van for anything that comes up makes it very family friendly. Being able to store kids stuff out of the way and out of sight makes it very family friendly and keeps your van looking clean and not having it piled all over the seats or floor.
    Um, wouldn't that make it 'cargo friendly' like I said?

Just out of curiousity, what is it about the floor height on the Dodge that makes it easier to load in the side vs. the rear? I'm trying to visualize loading a compressor in the side of our Ody and I don't see that it would be appreciably easier one way or the other (I suppose I could take a tape to it tonight and meaure the load height of the rear vs. the side).
    "Unless you have six kids, the seating option is mute."

Or 3 kids and the ability carry everything behind the 2nd row. Or the ability to push the 2nd row captains chairs together for very easy access to the 3rd row, or to provide cargo space down the side of the van with 2 seats in the mid row. See? More seating options = greating seating versatility.

"We have discussed safety already."

Yep. Advantage Honda w/ standard side/curtain airbags with rollover sensors and standard traction/stability control (good for families)......vs. the Dodge with.....sto'n'go (good for cargo).

"Being able to store kids stuff out of the way and out of sight makes it very family friendly and keeps your van looking clean and not having it piled all over the seats or floor."

Yep. Of course the Ody has in-floor storage too (of course, all that kid stuff STAYS out of sight should I have the need to remove a 2nd row seat).....vs. the Dodge where you store either the kids stuff OR the seats but not both.

BTW - I reviewed the Car & Driver comparison test of minivans from last year. The Caravan w/ Sto'n'go seats was rated as having the 2nd most comfortable 2nd row seats in the test. So you are correct that the sto'n'go doesn't unduly compromise comfort for utility (at least in the reviewers minds).
    Just out of curiousity, what is it about the floor height on the Dodge that makes it easier to load in the side vs. the rear? I'm trying to visualize loading a compressor in the side of our Ody and I don't see that it would be appreciably easier one way or the other (I suppose I could take a tape to it tonight and meaure the load height of the rear vs. the side).

I would think the floor height would be about the same. What makes it harder is the rear bumber that sticks out not letting you get it close enough to get the wheels up on the platform. You would have to lift that compressor up to get it in. You don't using the side door. You can get as close as about two inches which I had to push it before the wheels touched. Then all I needed to do is lift the handle up and roll it in.
    Or 3 kids and the ability carry everything behind the 2nd row. Or the ability to push the 2nd row captains chairs together for very easy access to the 3rd row, or to provide cargo space down the side of the van with 2 seats in the mid row. See? More seating options = greating seating versatility.

Did you see the one picture I put up with the one middle seat stowed? (Which is how I keep it most of the time) Two people could walk side by side to the rear seats. You can't get better excess than that. You still have room for four in the back.
    "Did you see the one picture I put up with the one middle seat stowed? (Which is how I keep it most of the time) Two people could walk side by side to the rear seats. You can't get better excess than that. You still have room for four in the back."

Yes, I saw the picture. Looks remarkably like the interior of the Ody with the RH 2nd row captain's chair removed. And if it's how you keep it most of the time, why couldn't you do the same with the Ody?

My point was that with the Ody, I can push the two 2nd row seats together creating easy access to the rear AND still sit two in the 2nd row.
    "What makes it harder is the rear bumber that sticks out not letting you get it close enough to get the wheels up on the platform."

Okay - that makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.