Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Ford Super Duty

Comments

• judgejustinjudgejustin Member Posts: 14
    Had the reprogram done, it didn't seem to do anything. It's now been about 1500 miles and I still have not seen the exhaust cleaning cycle yet. Total of 12,200 miles on the truck. Now the mileage has dropped to 8.5 to 9.1 mi/gal in the last two tanks. I have not changed driving habits and in fact drove extra careful with the last tank. Can anyone help or have any suggestions.
  • dbweaverdbweaver Member Posts: 88
    Don't buy a Superchips Cortex programmer. I wasted $400 and got 1 more mile per gallon.
  • enough3enough3 Member Posts: 5
    Check your oil... if you have more oil in it then your injector's are leaking.
  • enough3enough3 Member Posts: 5
    Yes they know, there are MAJOR Problems surrounding the 08 Ford 350's. Check your oil, if there is more oil in it when they drain it then your injectors are leaking. MAJOR. Do you have stuttering in it only on occasion?
  • woof1woof1 Member Posts: 1
    Greetings All,

I have an opt to purchase an 08 F-250 with the 5.4L V8 24V MPFI SOHC (Gasoline)
    It also has the 5 speed auto trans.

This truck is new, has 44miles on it, and the dealer is asking $15,900

What kind of MPG should I expect from this truck?
  • firecapnfirecapn Member Posts: 12
    Expect anywhere from 8-10 mpg around town and maybe 12-15 hwy. I'd advise the V-10. More horsepower and torque and the same or better MPG. Had one and it was a bullet proof engine for the 60,000 miles I put on it. Towed 14,000 lbs with no trouble. Think about it.
  • jtanner1964jtanner1964 Member Posts: 1
    My 99 f-350 is running rough only when Idleing. I had it in the shop and they can't seem to fix it. It doesn't do this going down the road. Only when stopped and idleing. We have replaced the Cam Sensor and had the Injectors checked. has this happened to anyone else. Thanks
  • now05ex3now05ex3 Member Posts: 1
    Alrigth I'm new to this sigth, but will get rigth to my facts I had a 7.3PSD and was in SD when it decided to burn up a couple of cylinders so I went to Rapid City and but a new 08 6.4PSD and continued my family vacation pulling a 36' tt about 11000#. Truck wa a dealer conversion and demo so had 3200 on it. next 1000 milesalem right now no complaints except for exhaust smell in cabin every now and then on way home to MI from Yellowstone Monatona truck pulled nice on grades better than 7.3 with a long list of mods mileage was 7.6-8.1 hand on gauge 8-8.5 in SD head winds started mileage dropped to 7.2-7.4 for 3 tanks. went back up in WI but truck started to shutter bad on grades and exhaust smell increased in cabin. when home took to dealer and it began 3 trips for exhaust leak to stop 4 re-flash tunes to help truck run right not. shutter remained under load on grades re-gen every 100-15- miles mileage 10.3-14 mixed with mostly highway got an attornery 13 months later FORD bought it back and said sorry they were unable to fix the truck. now I have 6.8 and mileage 11-14 not to bad tows tt well
  • meter2meter2 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 F-350 with 21,000 miles. I had the reprogram done at 19,000, and the "drive to clean exhaust" message no longer occurs. I received a letter from an Attorney advising me that he is representing all Ford super duty owners who have had trouble with injectors, radiator leaks, etc. Now I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop. If you are interested the Attorney is Premier Legal Center 877-441-4441. I am trying to find out what to do next witrh this truck. I am afraid that I will just make it to warranty and the then it will fall apart. I love the truck, I just dont want the problems. My mioleage right now is about 11-12 MPG. Not sure what to do next, feels like holding a hand grenade in your hand and waiting for it to go off.
  • meter2meter2 Member Posts: 2
    Interesting...did Ford give you another 08 or did you get an 09? If so, what is the difference in your opinion? Thanks
    I now have 52,000 miles on my truck. It seems to be getting broke in pretty good. It has gained in power ever since it was new. I had the reprogram done in January. I have been getting 16.2 mpg driving normal (70 to 75mph highway). I have saw 18.9mpg on one tankful driving very carefully (55mph highway). It is hard to drive like that all the time though. I have been out of work since December so I haven't been towing anything. I have a 6 speed manual transmission, regular cab, 4x4. The truck goes through the cleaning cycle about every 300 miles.
    I haven't had any troubles out of it yet. I like this truck, its quiet, smooth, and very powerful. Does anyone have 100,000 miles on one yet?
  • diehardforddiehardford Member Posts: 50
    I have just under 52000 on my truck and it is still given good performance. Had the computer update done about a month ago and the recall on the radiator valve. Two days after the valve was installed on the radiator it started leaking and was replaced under extended warnity. this is the only problem I have had with this truck. After reprogram mileage increased slightly. Around town every day driving I'm getting anywhere from 13.5 to 15 Highway driving 65 a pretty constant 17 to 18.5 and saw 20 mpg on one tank driving 60 on flat highway. I will be leaving monday morning to the outer banks . Last year I got between 8 and 10 mpg on this trip. I will give an update when I return. I'm still very happy with this truck.
  • lewscrewlewscrew Member Posts: 3
    I have a 99 F350 v10. I have been getting a check engine light, had it read and it was the EGR system Fault code. I replace the EGR valve and the EGR sensor. I reset the check engine and after a few days of driving I get the same check engine light coming back on. What else could it be?
  • mrhurricanemrhurricane Member Posts: 12
    I have one of the first 08 fords 450 and my warranty was canceled by ford, they tried to say my engine was sludge and this was two weeks after turbos had been replaced, by a ford dealer it took two weeks for that repair, my truck stayed in the shop for three months for them to tell me the engine was sludged. My mechanic, who use to work for ford, says that I got fuel leaking into my oil after he changed my oil a couple times he noticed that after draining the oil he was getting almost 2 five gallons buckets full. Its a lot more going on also. I need to know if anyone know of an attorney, that can get me out of this mess, an after i`m out I`LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD AGAIN !! THESE TRUCKS ARE A PIECE OF CRAP AND FORD WON`T STAND BY THEIR PRODUCT. FORD SUCKS!!!!!!!......... :lemon:
  • fordtoys99fordtoys99 Member Posts: 6
    how many miles r on it , have u checked the o2 sensor it could also b a bad egr valve i have 197,000 miles on my 99 v10 and havent had an probs yet
  • lewscrewlewscrew Member Posts: 3
    It has 133,000 miles on it. I replaced the EGR Sensor and the EGR valve. I just finished replacing the EGR sensor again (on warranty). The truck still doesnt run correctly. It does not have low end punch like it use to, and it just doesnt fell right overall.
  • sandman8sandman8 Member Posts: 3
    First time writer. alot of great info..I have a 2001 f150 just hit 10050 k been pulling my sand toys all over Ca, Nv, Or. and use for work.No complaints.. Now im ready to upgrade to a 2008 f350 6.4 super duty lariot 15k miles. Test drove runs great. has everything i could ever need. I dont mind the minor issues like the recalls and even the gas miliage from time to time But i dont need any problems with going back an forth with the dealer to get fixed. And problems that cant be found. I need asurance from somebody out there that has the 2008 f350 lariot that they love the truck and the powers great and all around dont have problems. or should i go with an older used model like the 2006 6.0 f350 with more miles. please help! this purchase going to happen soon. thanks
    Need confidence, I advise you to leave Ford alone all together, they don`t stand by their products, I have an 08 6.4 its a piece of crap, I`ve had almost everything go wrong with this truck from turbos to brakes. I had an 05 6.0 and it was a piece of crap fuel injectors, radiator fluid leakage, these trucks have caused me over $350,000 over the past 4yrs. I used to be a diehard fan and buyer of Ford an I will never buy another Ford product, they refuse to stand by their product. After my turbos were replaced the truck ran worst, took it back to the dealer Ford canceled my 200,000 mile warranty, fuel leaks into the oil, it was leaking for a period of time, The only ford truck that my be ok is an 07 6.0 or if you can find a 7.3, other than that I WOULD SAY TO YOU SCRAP FORD. IT`S A GOOD LOOKING TRUCK AND THATS ABOUT IT, I USED MINE FOR WORK (tranporting boats, cars, rvs). I can`t say anything good about Ford trucks because, I`ve had a bad experience with them, an others that I know has as well. SORRY, BUT THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD, LOOK ELSE WHERE!!!!!!!!!!! :lemon:
  • fordz1fordz1 Member Posts: 24
    I have a job1 F350 DRW Lariat, and have nothing but good things to say. It's true some are having trouble with their trucks, and I believe you will find that with anything man made.
    Now I use mine for part-time work, play, and daily driving.I take it in for the regularly scheduled maintenance, and recalls. If you perform maintenance regularly it won't be as problematic and less pron to breakdowns.
    This is my first diesel and test drove Chevy, and Dodge before setteling on Ford. If you look at some of the other forums you will see they all have their problems. I enjoy my F350 and would buy another.
    FORDZ1, I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THE MAINTENANCE, I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE TURBOS EARLY ON, AN NO FORD DEALER KNEW WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS, SO, I KNEW THAT I HAD BETTER KEEP MY OIL CHANGED, FUEL FILTER CHANGED OFTEN, BECAUSE, I KNEW SOMETHING WASN`T RIGHT. HAVING, DEISELS BEFORE, THIS 6.4 WAS WAY OFF, AFTER THE RECALLS, I STILL HAD FLAMES COMING OUT OF THE TAIL PIPES, AT 56K, THE TURBOS BLEW OUT. I EXPLAINED TO FORD THAT AFTER MY OIL CHANGES, THERE WERE MORE OIL COMING OUT THAN WHAT WAS PUT IN, AN THAT THERE WAS FUEL LEAKING INTO THE OIL THEY DID NOT ADDRESS IT. DIESEL IS A CLEANING AGENT AS WE ALL KNOW, WELL, THAT CAUSED THE TURBOS TO BLOW. WHY IS BRAKE FLUID LEAKING ? THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REGULAR MAINTENANCE, EGR SENSORS, RADIATOR LEAKAGE, I`M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO EXPERIENCED SUCH PROBLEMS, WORK YOUR TRUCK A LITTLE HARDER AN YOU`LL SEE THAT ITS NOT CRACKED UP TO WHAT FORD SAY IT SHOULD DO, PAYING 50K AND 60K FOR TRUCKS TO PERFORM AS ADVERTISED. TRULY, THEIR HAVE BEEN A LOT OF DRIVERS WHO USE THESE TRUCKS FOR WORK, AN HAS HAD PROBLEMS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. THIS WAS MY SECOND TRUCK IN TWO YEARS THAT GAVE ME PROBLEMS, TWO DIFFERENT ENGINES, FORD SUCKS AND THEY WERE MAINTAINED REGULARLY. NO EXCUSES, FOR FORD DO NOT TO STAND BY THEIR PRODUCT!! AND THEN YOU HAVE TO HIRE AN ATTORNEY. I WAS LIKE YOU ONCE, FORD PROVED ME WRONG.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    This is the 2008 (and newer) Super Duty discussion. Please check the available discussions in the Ford F-Series forum for other models or problems.

Thanks!
    kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
    kcram, do you have any info on if there is some type of classaction against Ford or any info about the 6.4. Thank you
    I will look into it.. Today will be looking at the 2009 f350 lariot new at a different dealership. Just to see what they say.. I have already been to 4 dealers and 2 used dealers Im just about done. (And getting fustrated) I already test drove chevy 2500 2009 dont really like it. Maybe I can go another few years with my f150.
  • judgejustinjudgejustin Member Posts: 14
    Well I finally had enough of the crap with my 08 6.4L I traded to a chevy. I had sworn I would never do it but I did. The only reason I have a chevy over a dodge was I got a better deal with the chevy. I don't like the styling or the interior as much but everything else is do much better I don't know if I will ever buy another ford after this. My wife always get a Lincoln Navigator and I don't even know if we are going to do that again we are looking at other options. My brother has already gotten rid of his F250 also since I am much happier with the chevy. Ford has lost an entire family's business from us. I would not suggest anyone getting one of the 6.4L EVER!
    Judge, good for you, unfortunately, I have to keep mine for now, I`ve got sue them for my lost, this is ridiculous that anyone has to go thru this, with something that you buy, an pay so much for. These are the things that the GOVERNMENT should be looking into. I, like you, will not buy another Ford product ever. I`ve had 13 Ford vehicles over the past 20 yrs. An now I`m done with them, anyone I see or know looking to buy a Ford, I will be honest and do my best to discourage them from buying a ford product. that is another reason, I`m glad to have this 08 450, people like it, an when they ask about it, I`m so happy to tell them about it, an how Ford will not stand by their products, this has not been my first Ford that they refused to stand by, I was really stupid to purchase this one. I will never buy another. I` d like to see this company FALL AS WELL, if Toyota made a Dully, I`d buy one, our American automobile manufactures have screwed us time and time again. Its really sad that its come to this. SCREW THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dshantzdshantz Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 F250 which I purchased July 08. Have not been really happy with the fuel mileage but have loved the truck overall, except that stupid regen cycle. Then in June I had it go into regen and I shut the truck down while it was in this mode. I went to start it 30 minutes later and nothing happened. I had it towed to a dealership and they replaced one of the sensors in the exhaust system which the dealer claims stops it from burning out the catalytic converter. All under warranty!!
    July 16th I take off with my goose neck horse trailer and 2 horses for vacation. I drive 65 miles and it goes into regen cycle again just as I start a 6 % grade. Mind you I have been able prior to this pull 7% grades with my trailer and horses without even losing any speed. This time I see the speed drop all the way down to 20 MPH and no turbo boost. I turn around and go to the nearest dealer, 40 miles away, and they look at it and claim it was low on engine coolant and the EGR overheated. They refill the coolant, less than a quart, and I'm on the road aging. I get back to the same hill and it goes back into regen mode and does exactly the same thing again. I figure screw it and go home to drop the trailer and horses off. I take it into the my local dealer and they have it for the weekend. They replace the back EGR valve on the up pipe on the exhaust. I take off on vacation again and things are better but not fixed. It now is going into regen cycle 4 times per fuel tank I can only get 30 pounds of turbo boost and I am loosing power on the hills I used to take at 65 MPH. My fuel mileage has dropped by 2 MPG and when it goes into regen cycle, mostly on the hills, I lose turbo boost back to 20 PSI. When I get to the top of the hills or finish acceleration, I get this horrible noise in my engine compartment by the transmission area. I have had it in the shop for a week and they claim that they can't find anything wrong. They said that the air filter was partially plugged and put in a new $100 one and say it is all fixed. I don't think so! They have a constant monitor computer connected to my dash and it is recording everything that is happening. We are taking the trailer and 3 horses for a ride on Thursday with someone from the dealership in the truck up the big hill outside of town so they can experience the same things we have had happen.
    Does anyone know what this problem is or have you heard similar before? I want my truck back the way it was but I think I'm getting smoke blown up you know where. :sick:
    WELL WELCOME TO MY WORLD, FIRST START LOOKING FOR AN ATTORNEY, 2ND IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR TURBOS ARE ABOUT TO GO OUT SOUNDS LIKE SOME OF THE SAME SYPMTOMS THAT I HAD. MORE PROBLEMS TO COME MY FRIEND, KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL MAINTENANCE RECEIPTS. CHECK YOUR OIL, SEE IF THERE IS MORE FLUID IN IT THAT WAS PUT IN, HAVE IT CHECKED BY AN INDEPENDENT CERTIFIED MECHANIC. HAVE IT DOCUMENTED. FORD WILL STILL FIND A WAY TO SAY IT`S YOUR FAULT FOR THEIR PRODUCT GOING BAD. WHAT PART OF THE COUNTRY ARE YOU IN. HAVE YOUR CYLINDERS CHECKED AS WELL, THIS SOUNDS LIKE SOME OF THE SYMPTOMS IN WHICH YOUR DESCRIBING, SOME OF MY PROBLEMS.
    mrhuricane took some of yours and other advise and outside sources that used 2008 f350 lariot with 15k miles was like playing russian roulette a game i could take a chance. the price was right and that might have been why. However I did roll the dice and stretch my penny out.. spent alot more than i wanted because I was looking for a used f350. I will give Ford the benifit and purchased 2009 F350 Lariot 4x4 5 miles. Hoping and God willing that all the bugs got worked out for this year. As of now the truck will sit till mid or end of August to make a small trip under load pulling 26 ft t/t and sand toys piled on back. about 262 miles with some hills so i wont really know if there is an issue till i get up there in miles. I hopeing that i could hit 200k and comeback saying this is the best truck ever. and money well spent. Ford Please Dont Let Me Down!!!! Sandman..
    Sorry about the trouble with your truck, but not all of them are bad. I use my truck as a truck but don't abuse it. When I haul there is about 1500-2500 lbs back there and when towing for part time work about 10k. For weekend getaways with the family I have a 38 ft fiver. I believe my truck has been worked in the 30k miles I've put on it, and may be lucky that I haven't had any problems.
  • dshantzdshantz Member Posts: 2
    I live in Boise, ID. What do you mean by "Have your cylinders checked..."? I do have all the reciepts since I bought the vehicle. It has been serviced faithfully as well by Lithia Ford as well.
    fordz1, I DIDN`T ABUSE MY TRUCK, AN WHEN YOU BUY A 450 AN UP, ITS A COMMERCIAL TRUCK, ITS SUPPOSE TO BE A WORK HORSE, OTHER WISE DON`T ADVERTISE THAT LIKE IT`S SUPPOSE TO DO SO MUCH. THE PRICE YOUR PAYING FOR THIS TRUCK, SHOULDN`T BE SO HIGH !
    YOU MAY HAVE A CYLINDER MISSING, HAVE A DIAGNOSTIC CHECK DONE, THE DEALERSHIP SERVICE ISN`T GOING TO TELL YOU EVERYTHING OTHERWISE YOUR TRUCK WOULD HAVE BEEN REPAIRED, DON`T TRY TO GO A TOP CABBAGE WITH THAT TRUCK IF ITS ACTING LIKE THAT, ALSO IF SMOKE IS COMING OUT OF YOUR TAIL PIPE FREQUENT, AND IF ITS LIKE LIGHT BLUE ALMOST WHITE, YOUR TURBOS ARE BAD AN MAY BE GETTING READY TO BLOW, THATS SOMETHING YOUR DEALERSHIP MAY NOT KNOW. NONE OF THEM COULD TELL ME THE PROBLEM. THEY JUST KEPT CHANGING SENSORS ALSO TELLING ME IT WAS THE REGEN CYCLE, SO, I WISH YOU LUCK. FIND A GOOD DIESEL TECH TO CHECK IT OUT, DON`T LET HIM DO ANY WORK TO IT. UNLESS IT LIKE CHANGING THE OIL OR FUEL FILTER.
    WELL, GOOD LUCK WITH IT. I HOPE YOU HAVE SUCCESS WITH IT.
  • mainer47mainer47 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 F-250 with a limited slip and 4:10 gears. Ford has replaced or re-adjusted the clutches three times because only one wheel would drive on slippy conditions i.e, mud , loose gravel,wet grass, snow and ice. This was done at 17k, 24k, 27k and now at 33K the problem is back. This truck has never seen any work other than towing a couple of ATV's or boat once in a great while. The truck is equipped with a plow ( but I have no plow) and trailering pkg and V10. I owned a 2001 with the same set up and never had any issues. I liked the truck so much and brought this one new in 05. The dealer has "Closed" and the service manager at another Ford dealership is getting no where with the Ford Reps or Zone managers. Has anyone else had this problem and were your able to get Ford to stand behind the problem? Thanks for any information.
  • oljaolja Member Posts: 1
    First, sorry for my english.

I live in Europe and I have Ford Super Duty F-350 Diesel (I bougt car in USA). In my country fuel oil (naphta) is very bed and my car first start to smoke and in control table blinked yeloow spark. Now, my car turn off rigt away i start, and after severel times car work but when I press gas pedal car turn off. Now car is in Sarajevo in Ford servis, but it`s seems that they haven`t computer program for this car and I don`t now what to do.

We clined filters recently.
    I guess I have been one of the lucky ones so far too. I have 68,000 miles on my truck now. I work it hard everyday. I tow 5 to 10,000lbs 75 to 80mph for 735miles at a time for the past few weeks. My truck weighs well over 10k without a trailer. I love this truck! Most cars can't pass it from a 70mph kick. I haven't had any problems so far.
  • lakersc84lakersc84 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 f-350 diesel and have noticed problems for a while now. I have done all of my oil changes except for my first one. When I finally did it myself I noticed that when I went to dump old oil into jugs that I had roughly five extra quarts. So didn't do anything about it figured that dealership put to much in when they did it the first time. When it came around again same problem. Brought it to dealer they said level was fine. Ive done it about four times myself now and the last time it had almost seven extra quarts. I believed that I was getting diesel fuel into my oil and it somehow was reasoning for bad mileage. I get around 10 combined. Then about six months ago I turned heat on one cold morning and lost heat after about two minutes. Did it for couple days in a row, asked around they said check anitfreeze it was low put a whole gallon in and instant heat. Two months later same problem another gallon. Week after that same thing but two and a half gallons. Now like a gallon a week it seems. I have no leaks anywhere. No sensors or warning lights come on. Temperature gauge is fine. I havent had time to bring to dealer but now wonder if its getting into oil. I can smell it inside and outside of my truck. Blown head gasket someone meantioned it could be. It regenerates every time I am in truck. Used to blow white smoke out everytime until I brought to dealer first time about oil, no white smoke since then just regen every time I am in it. Feels like I have no turbo. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    LAKERSC, YOU HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM. YOU DO HAVE FUEL LEAKING IN YOUR OIL, AN THERE IS A STRONG POSSIBILITY THAT YOUR TURBOS ARE ABOUT TO BLOW, AND FORD WILL SAY YOU DIDN`T KEEP MAINTENANCE UP ON YOUR TRUCK AND THEY WILL SAY IT`S YOUR FAULT. I`VE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM AND MANY MORE. IF YOU WANT, YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT MRHURRICANE1@YMAIL.COM.
  • baf70baf70 Member Posts: 1
    We are on our third engine with our 2008 F350 truck. Great truck and very Ford loyal, however, just can't seem to keep it out of the dealership. First time big trouble happened was at 37,000 miles. Total engine failure with #2 & #8 cylinders completely melted among several other things wrong. Stuck on the most dangerous part of our I-80 freeway. Towed in after a complete down day in regards to work! Ford warranty replaced the entire engine. Gee - it was only in the repair shop for 33 days! Second big trouble was at 68,000 when the same problem occured. #2 cylinder melted and complete enginer failure - on the hook again to the dealership - to our surprise of about 2 additional gallons of oil (fuel) in the thing! Again Ford warranty covered it - only in the shop for over two weeks this time around! Now 1400 miles later (on this third engine) its back to the dealership with a major oil leak and possibly fuel in the oil again. We've lost (our best guess) about one gallon of oil (all over the undercarrage and on our driveway) and the stick is reading full! Imagine that. Contacted Ford Motor and got a customer rep assigned a while back which is basically there and paid to here my story/complaints. Thats it! Because we are a small business with more than five vehicles registered in the state of CA - we don't even qualify for the lemon law...... any advice on what to do next???
    WELL YOU HAVE TO GET AN ATTORNEY TO HANDLE YOUR CASE, AT LEAST THEY PUT ANOTHER ENGINE IN YOURS. THEY CANCELLED MY WARRANTY IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK EMAIL ME AT MRHURRICANE@YMAIL.COM
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    As noted in the post box instructions, we ask that you NOT put your email address in your messages. If you want someone to contact you, you can either make your email address in your profile "public" (using the Forum Preferences link in the right-margin Forum Tools area), or you can simply use your built-in CarSpace email address that is your username at carspace.com - this will come to your CarSpace page (carspace.com/username) or you can set it to automatically forward to your regular email (use the Settings link towards the top right of your CarSpace page).

Thanks!
    kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • BACKCRACKERBACKCRACKER Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone have any intel on the availability of XM sat radio regarding the in dash unit in my 2008 F250 Super Duty. I have the unit with AM/FM/CD/NAV/Rear DVD video! I've been told that somewhere on this unit there exist a XM sat receiver? The dealership tried to sell me some wire bundle that they said cost $400.00 in order to hook up the XM to the existing unit. For the life of me I can't find any intel. I need someone to help who knows this model and year for this project. I travel through the desert often where there is no normal radio signal and would like to enjoy this feature. My only current option is to install a portable XM receiver and install an XM antenae to the roof for strong reception. Greatly appreciate any assistance regarding this issue. Somewhat frustrated with this at the moment.
    I thought the Factory nav system came with Sirius sat radio pre-wired? If that's the case you should check that first before spending $400.00 on something you might not need. Unlesss you really want XM there isn't much difference between the two. Just a thought.
  • BACKCRACKERBACKCRACKER Member Posts: 9
    Your right really doesn't matter, but how do I confirm this is true? The dealer is no help! And there is no indication on the radio head unit that Sirius exists? Thanks for your help fordz1!
  • diehardforddiehardford Member Posts: 50
    I have the factory in dash nav system and radio in my truck. sirius radio was part of that package. On my truck if you push the media button on the radio it brings up a screen that has AM FM1 FM2 CD SR LINE IN at the top of the screen. SR is for sirrus radio By pushing SR on the screen it takes you to sirius radio. If you have sirrus hooked up but no subscription a message will appear with a phone number to call sirius to activate the system. If their is no receiver you will get a message to the effect this function not available. Hope this is some help.
  • fordf350drwfordf350drw Member Posts: 1
    I have an 08 f350, my 2nd radiator is now leaking. Only 33K miles
    Has anyone deleted the DPF on their 6.4 powerstroke? I have heard of 19mpg with a new exhaust, intake and tuner plus around 600hp. I have the intake and a tuner but I haven't touched the exhaust, yet. What have you heard about it?
  • 09pwrstroke4x409pwrstroke4x4 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 09 F250 that I bought new about a month ago. When I start it up and its idling there is a vibrating comming from the front of the drivers side dash. I have islolated it to the defroster vent opening and noticed that the plastic dash dips down there and almost makes contact with the defroster vent and vibrates against each other at times. I have looked at other F250 08's and 09"s and this seems to be common on the dash, maybe just the way they were cast but very annoying. I am not sure if its just because of the diesel engine vibrating more or not. Has anyone else had this issue of any suggestions for remedy. Not really big on taking it to the dealer and having them mess with it, may just end up with more rattles. Anys suggestions appreciated...
    I just traded my DPF and catalytic converter for a four inch staight pipe. I cannot believe the difference. It sounds awesome. The power increase is almost scary. I'll leave new fuel mileage in a few days.
  • fordintexasfordintexas Member Posts: 1
    Just took the my 08 F250 with 42K miles to the dealership and I have a radiator leak. I don't have extended warranty. Does anyone have any suggestions. In reading this forum, it appears that many of you have had this issue. I did get some recall fix with some valve back in Jan 09. But geez, very new truck and already a radiator problem.