Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MySubaru.com - Do you use it?

aldisimoaldisimo Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Subaru
As a first-time Subaru owner, I'm intrigued by the possibility of keeping my vehicle records online, but also quite wary. Before I decide whether to set up this site, I'm wondering how many of you use this capability. Have you had any security/confidentiality issues with it, how much personal information is required, is it more/less convenient than maintaining information on your own -- in short, what has been your experience with it?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,786
    I do use it for my car. With as much paper and disarray as I have at home, it is a welcome way to keep a quick tally on stuff. There is not a whole lot of functionality there for a '96 model year, but it does the basics and that is enough. I do not recall there being much in the way of personal info required other than the VIN.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    And it's very useful IMO. I track all my service, even the stuff I do myself. It automatically uploads the service my dealer does (one recall early on), so I have complete records all in one place.

I keep a 3 ring binder with hard copies of all of it, which means when I sell the car I can show the buyer a detailed service history.

That should make it easy to sell.

-juice
  • erics6erics6 Member Posts: 684
    I used to get the dealer service coupons for oil changes. Subaru makes it very easy.

Mazda's site is harder to use and the local dealers often don't have online coupons. :-(

I always keep my service records. It may take me a year or so to file them, but eventually they end up in the right folder.
  • aldisimoaldisimo Member Posts: 6
    You convinced me. I just created my site and logged the 1000-mile oil/filter change I had a few weeks ago. Not much personal info was required except name/address/e-mail address--nothing too sensitive (like SSN).

The site tour indicates that you can request a service appointment online, but that option doesn't appear on the site I created.
  • hypovhypov Member Posts: 3,068
    "The site tour indicates that you can request a service appointment online, but that option doesn't appear on the site I created."

IIRC, you have to first designate a dealer service for your vehicle. You'll find the selection "My Dealer" on the upper right of the screen. Once you've done that, the designated dealer will appear just below the "My Dealer" with additional selections like Schedule Service, Request a part, etc... should be available.

-Dave
  • kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    I've been using MySubaru.com for my 05 Legacy and find it useful to have the information available from any web browser.

It's actually quite flexible in that you can add or delete your own line items.

Ken
  • aldisimoaldisimo Member Posts: 6
    After they verified my ownership and upgraded the site to "Preferred" status, those additional capabilities appeared. I think it's going to be pretty efficient!
  • hondafriekhondafriek Member Posts: 2,984
    This is just another example of how Subaru canada is the pits compared to SOA.We don't have anything like My Subaru.com.

It boggles the mind that this is the same company, Subaru Canada is so far behind the eight ball on a lot of things.

Cheers Pat.
  • ozman62ozman62 Member Posts: 229
    But Subaru Canada is way ahead of SOA in their 'premium' pricing strategy! :mad:
    Owen
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    At the very least you guys get some of the cooler option packages, the special editions like the Dynastar Forester. Also, more of your cars have the all-weather pack.

-juice
  • _mo__mo_ Member Posts: 2
    I used it when I first got my car, but I find it just as easy to use the matinence chart in the back of my owners manual.
  • subi4obssubi4obs Member Posts: 32
    Not sure how long I'll keep up with it but I've been using the MySubaru.com site for maintenance records since getting the Impreza 2004 Outback Sport.
    I do my own oil/filter changes so it's just easier for me to keep track of on the internet than making my own file, and it shows the upcoming stuff to be done (if I keep adjusting the mileage).
    Gives the dealership something to refer to if I have a warranty issue-- never, I hope! At least I think they would. ;) I don't have receipts for every time I bought oil and filters.
    If I own the car past 120K miles I might stop using their MySubaru site after that point since it would be mainly more oil/filter changes anyhow and then I'd probably be looking for a new vehicle since my truck was traded in for this OBS when it had 118K on the odometer. Oops! Apparently the Impreza maintenance schedule ends at 120K miles.
This discussion has been closed.