Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

BMW 3-Series Run Flat Tires

1565758596062»

Comments

• Options
    skinhealerskinhealer Member Posts: 33
    I didn't know that Michelin was better than Bridgestone. I did want the conti's but that isn't available at the wholesale store where I want to go.

Thank You for your input.
  • Options
    johnsamjohnsam Member Posts: 55
    Go Michelin.....Go Michilin

I switched after RFTs for 2 Bimmers both new 3 Series cars.
    Finally smartened up and had Michilins installed keeping "donut" in trunk with all required tools to change tire (if necessary-----has not been necessary so far after 40,000+ miles on conventional Michilins.
    For the needed car jack, I opted for a power unit (from Harbor Freight Tools---RECOMMEND THERE JACK FULLY EVEN THOUGH IT IS DIRT CHEAP)
    Hope you are ultimately happy with your choice as I was.

John
    Springfield, Oregon
  • Options
    reggie6reggie6 Member Posts: 26
    Hi. I had a 2007 328 xi coupe that I couldn't wait to change from run flats. I purchased a set of Conti's DWS. They were OUTSTANDING. Great grip in all weather ( Never took the car out in more that 4 inches of snow) and quiet. I purchased the BMW donut and jack kit , put it in my trunk and I never looked back. Only problem was that my son smashed the front end of the car about 6 months later, we ended up totalling the car because both airbags were set off and the damage was almost as much as the car's value to fix. Now I have the donut and jack kit ….but no car!!! Actually we replaced it with a BMW X3 and we are back to run flats again..