Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac Escalade

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "The Escalade hybrid will gain 25 percent in fuel economy, which should put its fuel consumption at highway speeds close to 30 mpg."

Coming Soon: 30-MPG Cadillac Escalade Hybrid Set to Debut in Fall 2007 (Inside Line)

Steve, Host
  • dandrews1dandrews1 Member Posts: 184
    Scratch the Infinity Fx cars - tried ema and had these thoughts:
    Pro's:
    Very cool technology (lane departure warnig, reverse cameras, speed-sensitive cruise control with radar based brake pre-tensioning.)
    Nice outside appearance.
    Decent fit and finish.
    Very confortable interior seating.
    Cool sound from the dual mufflers (G35 engine!)

Cons:
    Unuseable back seat.
    Not a real 4x4 - it's using a car's 'almost-in-time' AWD system.
    Unuseable rear storage compartment.(Can't even fit one set of golf clubs in without dropping a seat! - What happens when I take along two or even three buddies??)
    cheap/bad design rear hatch latching mechanism.
    No foot room in back seat.
    No 3-rd row seating option.
    No factory towing capability (a cardinal sin for any vehicle aspiring to be included in a sport UTILITY vehicle lineup.)
    Extremely poor visibility out the front (and I am 5'11")
    Extremely poor visibility out the back.
    Little-to-no way I would consider taking this thing off-road.

My end-impression was that this vehicle was just a large G35 coupe with an extra set of doors tacked on.

Overall impression: Eye candy, but not even remotely practical. If you want this car(and I say CAR intentionally), save yourself the $$ and get the G35 sedan.
  • cloud313cloud313 Member Posts: 2
    Hey im new to the forum and i was thinking about getting a used 2003 escalade with kms52,012 for 39,990.00 (Canadian) and i was just wondering how much it is to insure these caddys
    thanks!
  • sflemingsfleming Member Posts: 12
    Where is the 07 Caddy Escalade at the 2006 auto show?! Why no major article on inside line? This is very disappointing.
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Member Posts: 619
    I wonder why there have been no road test reports in any media--internet or magazine. The 2007 Escalades are arriving at dealers, but no road test reports. Very strange, indeed.
    rcf8000,

Yeah me too. Only thing I can think of is GM won't give em any cars. Hiding something? From what I've seen so far I'm REALLY disappointed. Put the plastic panels back on it for Pete's sake! I don't want to drive a Tarhole.

I guess GM had info on how bad the Navigator was going to be and figured they didn't really have to do much. Also I'm sure they realize with very few years left in which they can make and sell these behemoths .... why go to the trouble to redesign them?

I really hate to boost Toyota/Lexus bottom line when GM is in such deep doodoo but ..... oh well.
  • luvboxrsluvboxrs Member Posts: 47
    I know no one's seen/driven the 07 yet, but are you guys happy with your escalades in general? I owned a Landcruiser and LOVED it, sold it to buy a Lexus gs430. Now with a baby on the way, I'm going back to an SUV. I was thinking another LC, but then started thinking about the Lexus LX470. I know I would like either the LC or the Lexus. The fit and finish of Toyota products is A+. The last American SUV I owned was a falling apart piece of junk and I'm a little gunshy.

Would you consider the fit and finish of your Escalades top notch? Worth 65k? Or does it have cheap plasticy parts?

Love any feedback...
    I have an '04 LX470, and I like it very much. I've seen the new Tahoe. It doesn't look as high quality as the LX. Neither has an ideal third row configuration, but I think the LX is better in that regard. The new Escalade costs a lot more than a Tahoe, so it may be a lot better as far as interior quality is concerned. I haven't seen one, but I intend to check them out.
  • doubleagledoubleagle Member Posts: 4
    I went to buy a new Escalade ESV this past week, but was "shocked" to discover the lack of adequate head clearance. I am only 6'2", but could not get comfortable. The salesman seemed amazed, but I cannot believe others have not commented. We now drive an LX470 which has plenty of headroom. Any ideas on why the difference? Will the 07 ESV have this problem solved?
    Gee,

A posting flurry! I'm 6'2 and 240 lbs and used to massive space in a vehicle. I drive a Dodge Ram extended cab right now and it is rooooomy. I felt cramped in the LX470. I've driven the Escalade and it felt pretty roomy in comparison although not as voluminous as my Dodge. I almost bought one last year but decided to wait for the 6 speed tranny. I'm down on the looks from the pics I've seen but ultimately I don't pick a vehicle on looks. They say they have added leg room. Perhaps the seat goes down further as it goes back.

Really the only contender I see on the landscape is the LX but it's ten grand more than the caddy and it's tight inside. May let the wife get that one. I want an EXT. This may be the last year for such a vehicle as the oil situation is only going to get worse as it looks now.

I just received my Escalade brochure in the mail and I'm fairly impressed. Still want to hear from Edmond's however. Get off your butts guys! One thing I am still questioning is the engine. I thought this new aluminum motor was sposed to have that feature of dropping to 6 or 4 cylinders at highway speed? Don't see any mention of it in the brochure. Anybody know anything.
  • tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    I could be mistaken but I believe the 6.2L engine that will be offered in the '07 Esky (and Denali) doesn't have DOD.

Also interesting that the final drive ratio offered on the '07 Esky is 3.42; guess GM felt that the increased power in the new engine would partially offset any low-end off-the-line grunt due to dropping from a 3.73 to a 3.42 rear end...that and the fact that a taller (or is it shorter--I always get the two mixed up) final drive offers relatively better fuel economy than a shorter (taller?) and a higher top end--at least theoretically. ;)
    Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner - the forum is undergoing some reorganization and this discussion fell off my radar for a while.

I don't know what editorial has scheduled for testing, but let them know what you'd like to see written up:

Contact us

or just email using editor@edmunds.com.

Here's a First Look and some spy shots to tide you over.

Steve, Host
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A major national newspaper would like to interview those who bought a 2007 Lincoln Navigator or a Cadillac Escalade and got a sizable discount off the sticker price. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com before Wednesday, March 1, 2006 with your daytime contact info and a few words about the model you chose.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tyresmokertyresmoker Member Posts: 266
    Funny you mention...I have 3" on ya and have driven Ford products due to their room ('05 King Ranch S-Crew)..Want to "go back" to an SUV for a few reasons...Anyway, looked at the new Tahoe when it first dropped...Room was great! Looked at another- loaded up LTZ with a roof, my head was hitting the headliner. Could not believe it...GM added to the seat travel but limited the headroom...
  • jimveejimvee Member Posts: 11
    Does anyone know when the 2007 EXT will be available?

Also, any chance that the rear window in the 2007 EXT will be power activated?
  • jimveejimvee Member Posts: 11
    According to Edmunds, the 2006 EXT is supposed to have a "movable load floor." Has anyone seen this? When I went to the dealer, the salesman didn't know what I was talking about (shock) and I sure couldn't see anything in the bed that looked like it moved. Does this only come as part of the power tonneau cover (which the '06s I looked at didn't have), or is Edmunds (say it ain't so) wrong?
    Forbessays the movable load floor is debuting later in the model year. Anybody else know about the floor?

Steve, Host
  • gumpsgumps Member Posts: 17
    I just test drove the 2007 Escalade and its smokin! The interior is first class. The seat must use a new frame design because it is totally different than last years. The old seats had frame bars that went right into my kidneys. Ergonomically GM is begining to get it. The flat panel display for NAV and radios uses one of the biggest screens I've seen in any car and it is touch sensitive. The bigger screen makes it easier to use and safer. The quality of the materials inside is on par with the highest levels seen in any domestic car and most likely many foriegn competitors.

As far as the ride goes, the exhaust they put on the car sounds a little throaty, but I guess they wanted to make sure you knew it had a big engine underneath. The all wheel disk brakes were right on and for the most part, the car tracked pretty well in turns. Not much rolling. If only GM would figure out how to eliminate the wind noise from those big mirrors on the freeway they might really be on to something when it comes to road noise. Other than the engine, the car is really quiet.

It is a fantastic car, and GM knows it. It is pricey, and the lease program sucks right now. They really should have made it more attractive to buy so they can get them on the road and get everyone talking about them.

For now only those with money to burn will take the plunge, but the water is warm and the sun is shining on GM as they have something that is really top notch. The 2007 Escalade is certainly a car to want for.
  • stupidwingnutstupidwingnut Member Posts: 1
    Just had a rental of a 2007 Escalade (National Car Rental at Denver airport). I have not been much of a GM fan but this is a nice ride. Powerful, looks great, rides tight and is firm and quiet. The only disappointment was the interior, but let me qualify that: the interior, especially the dash, looks great. Instrument nacelle is very cool and all controls were well placed. Seats very ergo-friendly. Two things came to mind: the materials quality is so-so, especially the "wood trim" - it is just plastic and looks it. Also, the chrome door handle feels like a heavy plastic, and had a sharp ridge along the top! Same rough feeling on the end of the left-side control stalk. These are fine points, but at this price point I don't expect to find these flaws. But as big SUV's go, this thing is fun to drive and fun to be seen in.
    Give it six months. We're in the last couple years of vehicles like this. Even those who can afford the gas are being pressured to cease their 'conspicuous consumption'. Six months from now they'll drop the price and start up the 'employee price for everyone' or 0% financing or both.

I wish someone would report on this drive train! It would be nice to know if the new 6 speed tranny is really great or so so or what.
  • awf_axisawf_axis Member Posts: 136
    Got an '07 March 1st. Just took it on a 1,200 mile trip. Regarding the 6 spd, its certainly seems more responsive in terms of regular driving (smooth). The 1st gear is a bit lower than the '05 Denali I previously had. At 75mph, tach is just under 2000rpm The only odd thing I had happen was when I was doing about 50, and stepped on it, there was a 1 second hesitation. However, the pause almost felt like I tapped the brakes. Couldn't repeat this again.

The manual shift option is really a "suggested" gear option. It doesn't let you you bogg down if you fail to downshift, then try to accelerate. Likewise, if you get too many rpms, it will shift anyway.

When towing is engaged, it will downshift to hold your speed downhill after tapping the brakes. Caught me off guard at first, but it's seems to be a brake saver. I live in the Lake Tahoe area, and I would cook and warp the rotors on the Denali every 10k. When NOT in tow mode, I sense it also doing some downshifting, but at much lower ratios. Similar to the BMW X3 my wife has.

I'm most interested in the towing, as I have a 4000lb boat that really caused stress on the old 4 spd Denali. Its either bogged or screaming at freeway speeds on hills. I'm hoping the gear spread means I'm not in 2nd gear, doing 5000 rpm's up the grade on I-80. Boat comes out of storage once the snow melts. If anyone's interested, I'll post a report.

Sorry for the long post. (New Member...)
    Not too long at all, especially with the paragraph breaks. ;) Welcome to Edmunds.

Since you are a new owner, others would appreciate a deal report over in the Cadillac Escalade: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion. Thanks!

Steve, Host
    awf axis,

Thanks ever so much for the report. I've been begging someone that actually knows what a transmission IS to report on this new 6 speed. I put off buying my wife an Escalade last year cause I was waiting for the '07s both for the model change and for the improved drive train.

I am seriously waiting to hear from you on the towing issues. Guess you guys up there just got a record snowfall so maybe it will be a while. Don't forget us. Nobody else is talking about these issues.

How do you find the full time 4 wheel drive? Do you miss a selectable gearbox?

Regards,
    Scott
  • gap2006gap2006 Member Posts: 20
    Congrats on the new vehicle. I'm driving one this weekend and will probably buy it. It has 22" wheels but I'm thinking about going to 18 or 20's. Is it all about "the look" or are there pro/cons with regard to the ride and safety from wheel to wheel. Thanks a lot.
    In response to both posts above, I'll combine the comments.

I started driving GM SUV's in 96. 1996 Suburban w/ 4WD H/L. Only ever used LOW for novelty when driving on a dirt road once, but never really had to use it. If I put it in 4WD during the snow, the front steering became a bit tight on dry pavement.

In 2001, got my 1st Denali. The steering was a non issue now because of the mechanical improvements. However, one time I was pulling the boat on Lahonton lake (shore), we got stuck in some soft sand. Even with everyone out of the truck, and unloading the camp gear, the AWD could not pull free. No wheel spin, just not enough low gear. Had to get pulled out. 320 hp (2001 rating) floored was not doing it. I had 305x50x20 wheels, so the grip was good, and floated above the sand.

In 2005, I traded the Denali for a Denali XL. Even though it was the same body style (but like driving a cave), it was mechanically more refined than the 2001. AWD very smooth, and steering was much firmer (in a positive way) (even before putting on the 20's I had on the 2001).

In December when I found out about the new 2007 GM line, I put it up for sale before the resale value dropped too much. Paid $44k during GM's give-away period (May '05 - $6k incentives), and the dealer sold it at invoice as well. $56k sticker for $44k. In Feb this year, I sold it for $40k, 5500 miles)

I've never since had a need for low gear, and I like the idea of not even having to think about it. Same with my wife's BMW X3.

Regarding the wheels, (GAP2006), my humble opinion would be to get (and keep) the 22's. The ride on the '07 is tuned for the higher wheel weight, and the ride is fine. Admittedly, it is firmer than the 2005 Denali was (on 17" wheels), but not near as bumpy and squirrelly as my aftermarket 305x50x20 wheels. The squirrelly part is how I describe the wheels seeking hi/lo spots in the road. I hated this attribute in the steering, but as guy fighting middle-age, I decided the cool factor took precedence.

Anyway, the 07 drives straight, and the ride is far less jarring than the BMW's. The rack & pinion steering is an improvement, as I'm not "sawing" the steering wheel on the freeway. However, I think they could have made it firmer. Feels a bit over-boosted, like the 2001 was.

As for snow traction, I found it pretty good so far. In winter, I put the Denalis back on the factory 265x65x17 wheels, and these are just as good. The 305's floated badly, and I had to go stock in winter.

If your thinking of putting alternate rims, keep in mind that GM has pushed out the axles a bit. You need to have a pretty large positive off-set. The factory wheels say 35mm, which isn't that common on the off-the-shelf wheels. So if your thinking 305mm tires, you'd need 40 to 44mm off-sets. Even with the 285mm tread and 35mm off-set, the wheel is just barely tucked.

My only complaint therefore is that in snow and rain, lots of muck gets thrown on the mirrors, running boards and doors. The '02-'06 Caddy cladding (and Denali too) kept the sides cleaner.

As for safety, I would think that Caddy has put a reasonable amount of testing in the 22' wheels. The 285mm width isn't really that radical, and worst risk is a big pot-hole (at high speed) compressing the sidewall enough to cause rim damage. The rim is about 3/4 inch inside the outermost portion of the rubber, so scrubbing on the curb won't be an issue at slow speed when parking.

Sorry for the long answer, but I can type faster than I can talk.

Dave
    Dave,
    Thanks for that great answer. It really helps a lot. I know what you mean about the middle-age cool factor. That's why I'm going from a Mercedes E500 to an Escalade. Plus I think it's time I started to buy American again and am a little tired of the smug attitude we get from Germany and Japan. The dealer is loaning me the car for the weekend so I'll have a good chance to check out the 22s on all the country roads around here and get a good feel for it. I will report back to you and the Forum on my experience. Thanks again.

Greg
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A large newspaper is looking to interview consumers who have large SUVs but might rent a car to save on gas when going on long trips. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, April 6, 2006 containing your daytime contact information, along with the make and model your vehicle.

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
    I've had my '07 since March 1 now. There is 2700 miles on the odo. It's definitely a head-turner out on the town. Black on Black with 22's, HID headlights and all LED marker/tail lights. It's fun to see other driver's on the road take notice, and interestingly enough, its not only the young crowd: lots of 50-somethings and women too.

I've yet to even see another one on the road around me. I live in Lake Tahoe and frequent Reno for evenings, movies, etc.

So here's a list of issues I've come across, for those considering this vehicle.

Positive List:

1. Handling - Firmer suspension (less like a cow on rollerskates), and better steering response. Doesn't get pushed around like previous generation.

2. Much tighter tolerances. No interior rattles, squeaks, thumps, etc. Previous vehicle would report any bumps on the road with rattles, or door jarring. Very quite cabin.

3. Transmission - Much more "feel" of power, due to lower 1st gear, and closer shift ratios. Smoother.

4. Visibility. Better, although still can't judge the front accurately (yet).

5. Flip-up seats, power tailgate, remote start, all great gadgets.

6. HID lights definitely improves visibility, in all weather conditions.

7. Gas mileage. A bit better than my '05 Denali. 2 mpg average better.

The Pet Peeves list:

1. Contour of fender, and lack of mud/splash guards causes water, and debris to spray up the driver door, and drenches the mirrors. I've ordered Cadi molded splash guards, coming this week.

2. Navigation Radio has a busy user interface. For music, its kind of like using Windows XP, which means you have to really look at the monitor to control things. Has a 'tabbed' interface, and options don't seem that intuitive.

3. DVD Entertainment system for rear passengers is driven off the front 6-changer CD system. This means that you cannot have the grand-kids (in my case) watching a movie, AND listen to a music CD at the same time. My '05 had the DVD load in the unit itself. Have to use the XM/FM/AM Radio while kids watch Nemo. You might consider buying the aftermarket head-rest units. Many places have this for the same cost (for 2 units), already built into headrests, for the same amount that GM charges for the option. See EBAY.

4. Seats. Firmer than previous GM models, but this is good. What's NOT good is that it seems to have less side support, and so when cornering hard, I feel like I'm sliding out of the seat (sideways).

5. Key Remote Fob is so busy, that I end up doing the wrong things (in the dark). Instead of unlocking the doors, I sometimes open the rear glass. While trying to open the tailgate, I fire off the horn alarm, etc.

6. The small cargo area behind the 3rd row is compromised by the large, protruding handle which allows the removal of the 3rd row. You have to see it to understand. It prevents me from loading a case of waters from Costco, without putting UP the 3rd row. Groceries are OK, but large flats are a problem.

7. The rear end sticks up like a stink-bug. Not that I want a "dropped" SUV, but its a bit much. There is 2" of extra wheel gap in the back vs. the front. Kind of like a custom vehicle that has hydraulics in the raised position.

Problems which will require a service visit:

1. Left 3rd row seat latch doesn't hold seat UP properly. Comes crashing down on your cargo if you hit a bump. Right one works, so this is a defect.

2. Left driver side mirror "vibrates" at highway speed. Other mirrors all solid.

3. Left driver mirror "whistles" at 50mph and above. I already heard there is a dealer service fix, which is a piece of foam inside the mirror gap.

4. Engine serpentine belt is starting to squeal. This happened on a 2001 Yukon I had, and turned out to be a mis-aligned idler pulley. Belt was replaced 3 times before GM figured out the pulley was the problem. I suspect this will be a similar issue.

5. Rain sensing wipers doesn't know what snow is. Windshield can be completely opaque, and it refuses to wipe. Even in moderate rain, it isn't sensitive enough to keep the visibility correct (at most sensitive setting). Works great in a deluge of rain. Sprinkles are totally ignored.

6. Rear DVD fails to back-light when re-starting vehicle. Movie plays, but the rear monitor stays off. Have to stop DVD, close screen, open screen, re-start movie. Then it works. Meanwhile, the grand-kids are screaming....

-----

Well, that's about it. I do enjoy this vehicle, in-spite of said issues. I always expect problems with 1st year productions. I did the same with the 2001 Denali's, and was amazed at how the 2005 had so many little tweaks that made it a much more solid vehicle, although basically the same. I expect to roll-over the Cadi in 4 years, so by then, it should be a solid vehicle.

It's fun being the 1st on the block with a new generation vehicle.

Dave
    Interesting evaluation. I sat in an Escalade at a dealership but did not drive it. I agree with your observation about lack of side bolstering on the driver's seat. The extra firmness of the seat contributes to the problem of sliding sideways in corners, I'd think. Interestingly, a Cadillac spokesman mentioned the firmer "European" seats. I prefer softer seats. In contrast, Ford says that the '07 Expedition seats will be softer than before. You'd think that after 100 years the auto industry would have reached some sort of concensus on what constitutes a comfortable seat, but they have not.
    Great Report Dave. Really appreciate it.

Scott :)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter is looking to talk with someone who bought a large suv or truck within the past year and is thinking about trading it in for a smaller vehicle. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info and vehicle info by Monday, May 1, 2006.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Not likely. Can't pull a boat with a Yugo, not to mention carry the camping gear.
  • auto007auto007 Member Posts: 5
    I have just over 1000 miles on my 2007 Escalade Black/Black. Fully loaded with 22" wheels.

My issues:

1) I'm starting to hear the NAV DVD constantly spin and find this annoying. Any fix for this or is this normal?

2) I do see the driver's side mirror shake on the highway. What exactly is the fix for this? I doubt my dealership would know.

3) How do I know if my HED lights are aimed to high? I went on a trip at night on a one lane highway and i had to keep my finger on the highbeam flash as 1 out of 3 cards would flash me and get mad at me when I didn't even have my high beams on! I'm not sure if having the 22" wheels makes the angle higher and as a result they need to be tilted down?

Thanks
    Congrats on the new car. I have the exact same one except I have 1200 miles on it now. Love it!

I saw the mirror issue mentioned somewhere and it's a known issue. I think the dealer fix is inserting a piece of foam somewhere. Your dealer should know about it.

Either I don't notice the DVD or it's not happening for me.

I get flashed too but I think it's because the car's so high it blinds people just like I used to be blinded when I had my E500. I suppose your dealer could check it out for you.

I love the car. Everyday I find a new little trick or gadget that I didn't know about.

Good luck!!
    GAP, I was wondering if you had decided on the Caddy or not. I saw some of your comments on another forum. I suppose you saw my previous long evaluation above too?

Auto007, the DVD/NAV is something that I've noticed in both a 2005 Denali and the Caddy too. It's just that it is pulling data from the DVD while you are moving. Do you have a bunch of POI's active? Since the cabin is so much quieter, it's a bit more noticable, but other than when in a quandry, I keep the music going.

I am getting close to going to the dealer to resolve the things like the mirror, seats, etc. I just installed a leveling kit (short rear coil springs), which brought down the rear end by 1.5", making the vehicle level.

Last night, I put on the "GM Accessories" molded splash guards. Kind of gives the Escalade the Land Cruiser look. It will grow on me I guess.

When I first got mine, I also noticed the headlights were aimed too high. Usually, this is just one technicians "bad day", but to hear about 3 vehicles, I'm wondering.

I adjusted mine right away, and had to do it again when I lowered the rear end. Basically, the left level of the light beam should not go over the road at about 200 feet out. The factory settings were such that it would project indefinitely at about headlight hieght, which is wrong.

Dave
    Dave, Yes that was a great review. I never had an SUV so I'm probably not noticing the things you are sensitive to yet. I was thinking about the mudguards myself. I will have them check the head lights now because I don't want to blind anyone and have them crash into me!

Thanks,

Greg
    Greg (GAP),

Here's snapshot of the new flappers.

I got these from a GM dealership on EBAY. With shipping, it was cheaper than going local, and I got them in 3 days. The dealer in my area said it would be several days ust to get them in, and then a 35 mile trip to pick them up.

$125.90 shipping/insurance included.

If your interested, I'll give you the link.

Dave
    I like them!! Did you install them yourself? I'm not much of a mechanic.

The link would be appreciated. Thanks.

Greg
    Greg,

Put them on last night. Comes with instructions, and screws, etc. Took a small socket wrench, phillips, and a drill to add a couple of holes in the plastic. About 40 minutes work all around.

I do know the dealer will install these as well, and will actually provide a warranty. Don't know the labor cost, but I imagine at least 2 "book" hours.

Here's a link on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-MOLDED-SPLASH-GUARDS-SET-O- F-FOUR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50455QQitemZ8060953882QQrdZ1

They come pre-painted. The same vendor has a couple of other colors. Which one did you buy?

Dave
    Thank you very much!!

I'm ordering them today.

Greg
    So what color did you get?
    I got the black/black with 22's. Very sharp looking I must say.
  • auto007auto007 Member Posts: 5
    I actually have zero POI's in the NAV. I really don't recall when I picked the vehicle up 2 weeks ago on hearing the spinning of the DVD was as noticeable as it is now. True that having the radio up lessens the noise, but it's still annoying.

I'm always afraid to bring it into the dealer to have them fix things. Usually when they touch an issue it is 100% worse. So if I tell them to lower the lights, they probably would lower them too low! But maybe the Caddi dealer is different then others.

What type of cleaning solutions does everyone use on the seats and dash?

Anyone have a cargo net for what it's worth, it should hold a bottle of water with the small space. If so, where does one get one cheap ?

I was pondering the idea of mud flaps from that ebay dealer, however a friend said that the reason they don't come with them was because it made it worse... Though it is a good question as to why no mud flaps with them anymore.
    I got a cargo net off ebay. It's good because it will hold in all the groceries that have to be stacked in the small space behind the 3rd row. I got it off ebay for $9.00. It's a vertical net, not a hold down. Let's me stack stuff up.

As for the flappers, they work fine. I'm in snow country, and having all the mud and sand filling up the running boards was quite annoying. Also, the black finish was starting to look "sand blasted" up each front door from the dry sand on the freeways around here. I ran through a couple of snow melt puddles today, and they do the job reasonable. It's not going to stop the misting that occurs, but no direct hits along the doors under the mirrors.

Unless its part of the cladding design (like the 01-06 Denali's), they leave them for the accessory bin. Extra revenue, and its one of those things that are based more on demographics, than overall need.

Headlights shouldn't be an issue for the dealer. There's a set procedure. I'm thinking that maybe the factory did the light adjustments before the spare, and rear seats were installed. (Just a guess). That could be enough missing weight to make the adjustment too high. Something they would fine-tune on the assembly line as compaints come in, so do it.

Dave
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A national newspaper is looking to interview consumers who just purchased or are looking to purchase a large SUV. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday May 10, 2006 by 5:00 PM PST/8:00 PM EST containing your daytime contact information and the vehicle you are interested in purchasing or just purchased (please provide approx. date of purchase).

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
    "The 2007 Cadillac Escalade is easily the most refined domestic SUV on the market. It's satisfyingly quick, reassuringly agile and surprisingly quiet and luxurious."

Full Test: 2007 Cadillac Escalade (Inside Line)

Steve, Host
    I just read the previous post/redirect for Edmunds review of the 2007 Escalade, which I bought in March. The one thing that I find curious, because it's not subjective (like looks, or ride quality, etc), are the performance results.

Motor Trend's Test: 15.2 1/4 Mile & 0-60 in 6.5 secs
    Car & Driver Test: 14.8 1/4 Mile & 0-60 in 6.3 secs
    Edmunds Test: 15.8 1/4 Mile & 0-60 in 7.5 secs

These tests were on the same vehicle, AWD configuration, and similarly equipped (max options).

Are we talking skinny and fat drivers, passengers, test equipment, elevation, what? Seems that there has to be something very different on each case to make such large differences, especially with Edmunds.

What's funny is that Car & Driver actually tested the GL450 which was noted in the Edmund's article, and it was SLOWER than the Escalade in the 1/4 Mile and 0-60 test. Braking distance is where the GL450 shined in both reviews.

What's a poor boy to think?
    You can ask them yourself with a Letter to the Editors.

I do know that the test results are adjusted for altitude.

This may help too:

Subject: Why Are Your Drivers So Slow?. (You'll have to scroll almost all the way to the end).

Steve, Host
  • franmike1franmike1 Member Posts: 1
    Greetings,

I have a 2007 ESV on order, gold mist, fairly well loaded. My question is regarding the 22" wheels. The Automobile review had overall positive comments pertaining to the Escalade, but in my mind some very negative comments concerning the ride quality (pitching and yawing). Any comments regarding this?

Thanks for your repliew--I have sold my 2000 Yukon XL and am really looking forward to this vehicle, especially the sound system.

One further question, with the rear seat entertainment option in an ESV, I believe I get a total of three DVD screens--one in the dash, one for second row passengers and one for third row passengers. This is not at all clear in the brochures but a GM rep confirmed it. Has anyone heard/seen anything different?