Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• crubin23crubin23 Member Posts: 4
    Carman,

I live in South Florida and am interested in leasing a is 250 convertible this month. Could you please let me know what the residual and MF are. I am looking at a 36 month 12k lease. I hope the residual stayed the same as last month...

Thanks,
    Cole
  • dallasmandallasman Member Posts: 77
    i'm in texas, and my dealer says the .00040 money factor on a 36mo lease ended on 9/7. Now they are quoting money factor of .00120. Does anyone know what the money factor and residual on a 36mo 12k/year lease in Texas??
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is looking to interview a consumer who passed on purchasing a Cadillac because there was no attractive lease option. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Wednesday, September 16, 2009.
  • hferro2hferro2 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

First of all, this is a great forum! I am new to leasing, and interested in a 250 IS fully loaded... what would be considered a good lease offer in California? I have not gotten any offers yet, but I would like to get a ball park figure before I start the "song and dance" with the dealership.

Any help is appreciated!
  • thefifthapethefifthape Member Posts: 4
    Back on Labor Day weekend I was quoted a MF of 0.0008 on a 36 month lease with 15K per year for a 2009 IS 250.

I was at a different dealer this evening and was quoted a MF of .00165 for a 2009 and a MF of .00315 for a 2010. That's a huge difference for the 2009 and outrageous for the 2010. I know the Labor Day MF was a lease special but I didn't think the rate would jump up so high.

I'm ready to lease an IS 250 but am waiting for a good deal. I guess now isn't the best time.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings Cole. When it originally introduced its September lease program, Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 Convertible with 12,000 miles per year were .00255 and 60%, respectively.

Having said this, I heard a rumor yesterday that Lexus had enhanced its lease program on all models. I will look into that. Please feel free to check back with me in a few days and I'll let you know if anything has changed.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Carman,

Have you heard anything new on the residual or money factor getting better for the IS 250 C? I hope there is some good news..

Thanks,
    Cole
    Carman,

I know I am still waiting for the first answer, but always was wondering if there is a loyalty rate on the MF?

Thanks,
    Cole
  • microsc0pemicrosc0pe Member Posts: 2
    It's been a few days, and I think a few of us are getting ready to drop the hammer on a lease this month, so please let us know if you've heard any new information on enhanced lease programs "on all models" for this month (or the immediate future).

Also, has the MF and RV for RWD is250 sedans changed from August?

Thanks very much Car_man, we owe you!
  • rahulgrahulg Member Posts: 28
    hi Car Man

What is the MF and residual for a 2009 and 2010 IS 250 convertible automatic transmission. Pls give me the values for both 2009 and 2010 models so I can compare which one would be a better deal. Request a urgent reply since I want to gift a convertible to my wife in 2 weeks time.

Thanks
    Rahul
  • sas9sas9 Member Posts: 28
    Carman - I was in Lexus yesterday and they have alot of inventory of 2009 IS250, which is what I'm interested in. Can you tell me the residual and the money factor?
    They seemed pretty willing to make a deal based on my terms but I need the residual and money factor to know where I should be. I'd like to make the deal in the next 2 days, if you can respond soon. Thanks Carman!
  • thefifthapethefifthape Member Posts: 4
    Anyone have the October lease rates for the 2009 and 2010 IS 250 and 350 RWD automatic? Thanks!
  • benzserviceguybenzserviceguy Member Posts: 96
    here's the deal I recently got:

2009 IS 250
    Breakwater Blue
    Light Grey/Black 2 tone interior with dark birdseye maple accents
    18" rims ('Lobster Claw style) with summer Bridgstone tires
    HID lights with Adaptive system (lights pivot according to steering input)
    Gen 5 NAV system
    Premium package - heated/vented seats, wood trim, upgraded seats
    Rear lip spoiler
    Preferred Accessory package (trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks, rear bumper applique (sticker to keep from marring the bumper)

MSRP: $39,120
    Selling price: $34,500 ($800.00 BELOW Invoice)
    MF: .00075
    Residual: 53%
    Cap cost reduction: 0
    Only paid "drive off's": 1st mo payment, acquision fee (700.00), registration, cali 8.25% taxes, doc fee (55.00) and cali tire fee (8.75) = $1,762.50

36 month lease with 15k/yr = $458.63 Includes 8.25% cali taxes ($423.68 + $34.95)

LEXUS OF VALENCIA INTERNET DEPT made this deal happen!!
    Hi Cole. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00255 and 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Cole. I don't believe that Lexus is currently providing any special incentives for loyal customers on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, microsc0pe. Since you owe me, please send baked goods ;). I kid, I kid.

As rumored, Lexus increased its residual values on all models by 3%. Its October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 IS 250 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00075 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Rahul. There is no 2009 IS Convertible. It was launched as a 2010 model. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00255 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sas9. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this car for or what mileage allowance you need, so I'll have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Lexus Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 IS 250 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00075 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello thefifthape. Please see my previous posts for the info on the 2009 IS 250. Lexus Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 IS 350 with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 IS 350 are .00220 and 57%.

The numbers for an identical lease of a 2010 IS 250 RWD are .00220 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new IS, benzserviceguy. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease. It sounds like you had a pleasant dealer experience. If you'd like, you can hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your experience with others in greater detail.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • redlinepbredlinepb Member Posts: 12
    MSRP - $43,250.00
    selling price $38,016.00
    zero down
    36 months/12,000 miles a year

monthly payment - $597 tax in

what do you guys think? it took awhile to get them to this number and lots of haggling
    Carman,

What do you think of this deal? It is for a 2009 Lexus IS 350 fully loaded

MSRP - $43,250.00
    selling price $38,016.00
    zero down
    36 months/12,000 miles a year

monthly payment - $597 tax in
    redlinepb:

You left out a few important items:

Did you get quoted the BUY lease rate money factor? (should be .00120 for Top Tier - over 720 credit)

Are they calculating the payment using the correct residual valve %? (should be 52% with 12k per yr)

What is your county/state tax %?

The "sales" price - does that include the $700.00 acquisition fee??

So to answer your question: NO
    this is NOT a good deal!!

IF:
    the "sales" price does not include the acq fee (you have to add it in)
    and the #'s I have plugged in (MF, residual %) are correct then your BASE payment (w/o taxes) should be:
    $524.17
    add crazy California, LA county 9.75% tax rate and you come to $575.28

Hope this helps!!

BTW: The 'sales' price you were quoted, is that INVOICE, below invoice or above invoice??
    Remember, the lease monthly payment is calculated on the negotiated selling price of the car - DON'T BE A PAYMENT SHOPPER!!!
    Thank you so much for your reply and all of your very helpful information. With this information I will get better pricing and get back to you with all of the information you asked for. This really helps me, thank you so much!

Btw: I do have top tier credit so that information was correct
  • afshanafshan Member Posts: 2
    hey guys

im new to leasing and im learning bout mf and residual,

i just want to know if the quote i got was a good one or do you think i can do better

2009 is 250 premium package with navi

10k miles, 3000 down, 375 month, includes tax, i think the mf is at .00085, but i have to check they never gave me all the details.

what do you guys think?
    thanks
    Well the first thing anyone who leases will tell you is it is not a good idea to put money down on a lease especially that much. When you go in have them factor the numbers with NO MONEY DOWN

Other info we need to know to help figure out your monthly payments would be

What is the MSRP price of the car
    What is the selling price of the car - the selling price of the car is what you want to be your main concern. Get this as low as possible to get your payments lower
  • greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    As redlinepb said, we really need the MSRP and selling price to know if that's a good deal. Please post back with that info and we'll be more than happy to help you.

I know I've posted this over and over, but just so you have a guideline, I got my 2009 IS250 back in the end of March (so 7 months ago when there were no 2010's even close to coming out!) with premium, navi, and 18" wheels. It is MSRP $37,656 and it was sold to me at $32,448.

For a little more info.. my MF was a promo at .0007 and I paid it down to .00006 (.144%!!!) with 9 MSD's so my interest is only a little over $100 over 3 years! :) My payments (in SoCal) are $417.07 per month and my driveoff was first month, title, reg. (~$700)

If you're willing to put down $3000 I would recommend using it as MSD (multiple security deposits) to pay down your MF so you pay less interest over the life of the lease (it really is a significant amount you'd save!). Good luck! :D
  • cmks02cmks02 Member Posts: 22
    greeneyes:

Please help me understand the the MSD rate negotiation strategy. Are you actually going out of pocket paying MSD in lieu of making a cap cost reduction down payment? What happens if you total the leased car...in that case what happens to the MSD? Do you get 100% of the MSD back at the end of the lease, assuming the the car is returned without any lease return defects?

Thanks in advance for the response.
  • afshanafshan Member Posts: 2
    here are more details on the lease

the final price is 33,754, the residual is 56% and Mf is .00075 10k miles

and they don't want to budge on the down payment and the miles

i was just offered another lease 1000 down and 425 month with 10k miles, but i dont have any details for that lease either bare with me im sorry ill get more details

thanks for all the help
  • ucla56ucla56 Member Posts: 13
    Can someone please help me with the residual and money factors. What are they forboth a 2009 and a 2010 is250 rwd?
    I'm looking at both of the those with and without navigation (does navigation change the factors?)
    Also, is there any reason to think that leases on the is250 would be better during the Lexus Christmas sale

Thanks for everyone!!!
    What is MSRP of the car?

The sales price is what??

36 months? with 10/K yr correct??

Is your credit over 720?? (this will get you the MF of .00075)

When you ask for NO money down, you are still paying a few $$ at inception. Usually: first payment, tags & registration, taxes and a few other assorted items (sdepends on your state & county)

Post more details and we can help
    Hi redlinepb. The car that you described probably has a spread of around $4,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price and no additional cash incentives available on it. The selling price that you were quoted appears to be at least $900 under dealer invoice. That is an excellent deal.

Just make sure that the dealer that you're working with uses Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00120 (for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier) to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, ucla56. Lexus Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 IS 250 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00075 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00220 and 60%.

The addition of Navigation does not have any impact upon this car's lease program.

While it is always difficult to predict what manufacturers will do with their future incentive programs, Lexus always runs its "December to Remember" sales event starting in late November through the end of the year. I suspect that its money factors for the IS will be better then than they are now, but again there's no way to know for certain at this point.

Car_man
    Host
  • djagriniodjagrinio Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car_man,

Wonder if you could help me out here with a quote I received yesterday. Interested in the 2010 IS250 AWD premium with NAV package. Dealer's quote was:

MSRP: $41,120
    Selling Price: $38,160
    12,000 miles a year
    Taxes and all fees paid up front: approximately $2,000
    Cap cost reduction $2800 (shouldn't be doing this from what I've been reading)
    Money Factor: .00210
    Residual Value: 62%

Lease price: $409.24 per month

Any advice? My lease ends in early December...any expectations of better rates for the December to Remember Sales Event? Any input is appreciated
  • roushyboyroushyboy Member Posts: 11
    How long is your lease term? 24/36 months? If its 24 mnths, your lease is actually close to 409+(2800/24) ~ 520/mnth.. definitely on the higher side..
  • djagriniodjagrinio Member Posts: 2
    The quote was for 36 months. So I suppose that comes out to $487/month - still seems high I guess. What do you think?

Is the December Sales Event often a good time to get a deal?
  • sluurrpeesluurrpee Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide the November MF and residual % for 36 month lease with 12k miles/year and 15k miles/year for a 2010 IS250 AWD?

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • dusikdusik Member Posts: 2
    got a quote:
    2010 IS 250 AWD with premium plus package MSRP:$37,495..
    I got it down to $34,900. MF they gave me was .00225.. is that good? He said they cant do anything about money factor.. this is for 36 month lease with 10k miles.. Can I do better then that?? RV was 23.404 which is 63%..

He said if I put $4k security deposit it would be .00162

should do better then that??
  • nathandaynathanday Member Posts: 1
    I need help determining if this is a good deal:

Lexus IS 250 New 2009 Premium Plus package (includes nav, headlights that turn, 18" wheels, etc.)

MSRP: 38,120
    Sell Price: 33,000
    Terms: 48mo 15k miles
    Down Payment: 0 down
    $3337 out of which 2850 are for 6 MSD which bring the MF from 0.00125 down to 0.000563
    Residual: 41%
    Payment: 457 (Tax included)

I figure that after the lease I get the 2850 back plus I can trade the vehicle in for more than its residual value. The MF for November for a 2010 with 36k was 0.0025 and a residual of 51%.

Thanks
    Hi djagrinio. While the official advertising for it has not started yet, the Lexus December to Remember essentially had. Lexus' current lease program is scheduled to run through the end of the year, so it doesn't really matter of you lease your new IS now or next month.

The car that you described probably has a spread of around $4,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. If that is indeed the case, then the price that you were quoted is probably around $1,200 over invoice. I personally wouldn't be surprised if you were able to beat this offer by comparison shopping with a few other dealers or waiting until the end of the year to buy.

Car_man
    Host
  • jasvicjasvic Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car_man - I was hoping you would post the current MF and residual for a 2010 Lexus IS-C 250 (Automatic Transmission) 36 month 10,000 mile per year lease.

Thanks!

-Sean
    I'd be happy to help you out, Sean. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 Convertible with an automatic transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00220 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jasvicjasvic Member Posts: 18
    Thanks Car_man!
  • sw33trainsw33train Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man and everyone,

Can you help me out with the Money Factor and RV for December - IS 250 RWD. I am looking at leasing for 36months, 10Kmiles/yr, with premium pkg, wheels, and Navi. Thanks!
  • mmenardmmenard Member Posts: 68
    Here's a quote I got which I think is pretty good:

2010 IS 250 with prem Nav. Pkg, MSRP $38586, 12K miles per year, $2000 drive off for $399/mth tax incl.

Any opinions?
    Hey SW33train:

I was given a money factor of .0020 and residual value of 62%. Here's the offer I got 2010 IS 250 with prem nav. pkg, 12K per year, 36 months, $2000 drive off for $399/mth tx incl.
  • sflease1sflease1 Member Posts: 6
    Where are you guys located Sw33? Is it 2000 and that is it?
    Located in SoCal and yes, $2000 drive off.
  • sflease1sflease1 Member Posts: 6
    mmenard?

You are looking at a 14% discount off MSRP for is 250..........wondering if this is possible on a is with 18 inch wheels and premium MSRP is 35140? I am getting the same residuals and money factors as you are jsut not that big a discount. If you don't mind run the lease for me and tell me what you get for the payment.
    There's no point in me "running" the lease with your numbers. Dealers can manipulate the numbers numerous ways to lower the lease payment. For example, the first offer I was given was $423/mth, then $415/mth, and then $399 and another dealer tried to get me to come in and said he would do better than $399. (all for the same car MSRP $38586). That's with nav. pkge which icludes the 18" wheels. Are you in Southern California?
This discussion has been closed.