Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• HokNYCHokNYC Member Posts: 47
    New quote from same dealer for the 250 AWD w/ prem package

$2000 drive off
    $411/month

I see people getting the 250 AWD w/navi with this same quote. My dealer won't budge....dang it.
  • johnathonjohnathon Member Posts: 5
    I'd keep looking.

Anyone know where Car_Man is? I'm still trying to get numbers on the IS 250 C and can't seem to get a response.
  • needlexusdealneedlexusdeal Member Posts: 7
    If you are in the LA area, try contacting Lexus of Oxnard and talk to the Mike, the Internet Sales Manager. You can tell him that I sent you.
  • miglumiglu Member Posts: 8
    Im in northern cali and got an offer for $2500 down and $391/month inc tax 3yr lease, thats with nav+prem and 12k miles per year.

Today I ended up taking 3k down $385/month Incl tax 12kmls 3yr lease. Could have gotten $377 but that would require driving 55miles north vs 12 miles down the road. This was dealer selling over $1k under invoice.

Needless to say very happy with this deal, purchase price at the end of lease is $24,110.

Good Luck with your purchase!
  • greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    Congrats on your new IS. I would have advised that you had put that money as MSD instead of cap cost reduction so you could have lowered your MF and therefore your payments. I'm not familiar with the 2010 pricing, but I didn't think it was that much higher than the 2009 (which my car is). I'm in SoCal and leasing 3 years/12k on a RWD/premium/navi/accessories/18" wheels (MSRP $37,656) and I'm paying $417 per month incl tax and only put ~$700 as driveoff so I'm paying a little more than $1000 less over the life of my lease than you and my buyout is ~$19,000. You should have been able to get a better deal considering the higher residual on the 2010 model, because that works out to an extra $6,000 on the car.. is the pricing that much higher on the 2010's? I was under the impression that the only difference in the models is the OnStar-ish system intigrated into the nav and everything else is the same, I'm glad I didn't wait for the 2010 model, that price increase seems crazy!
  • needlexusdealneedlexusdeal Member Posts: 7
    I ended up taking a deal of $2k drive off and $399 per month for the IS 250 with navigation. I live in southern california.
  • ffxjackffxjack Member Posts: 47
    I know many people on this thread have stated that you can't evaluate a deal based on just a monthly payment. I'm new to leasing but I've done lots of reading about how the payment is calculated.

If I'm know already that I will be returning the car at the end no matter what and I know my approximate mileage usage, why would the other numbers matter as much?

I've basically asked all the local dealers for quotes on the price of a IS250AWD w/prem/nav, no money down, and 15k/yr. Is there a good reason why I wouldn't simply go with the dealer with the lowest payment, all other variables aside?
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    There is no way to tell, since you have no idea what the lease factors will be in March. You really should negotiate by selling price, payment. That's really the best way to tell if you actually are getting a good deal.

Why not be a tough negotiator? It is after all your money. You made the first step by posting you deal here. The second step, which should have been your first is to contact every dealer in your area and get pricing via email.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • jaynyjayny Member Posts: 1
    I received a lease quote in Albany NY for a Silver AWD Lexus IS 250 with climate package for $494 month for 36 months at 12K per year. Out of pocket at signing is $1,594. The selling price of this car was $34,413. Looking at some of the other post this doesn't look like a good deal. Sales taxes is 8%.

What do you think?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks mibrow. I'm glad that you found my post helpful.

Lexus Financial Services' new buy rate lease money factor on the 2010 IS 250 is .00200 for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier, which you certainly do looking at your score.

When I say "zero down" I mean no capitalized cost reduction. Even on a zero down lease, consumers usually have to pay their vehicle's first month's payment, LFS' $700 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees at signing. Most of these items can be rolled into vehicles' capitalized costs to make them part of the monthly payment. Of course, doing this will increase the payment a little.

It definitely is not true that you can get out of a 48-month lease a year early without penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi vickies1. I would be happy to use Lexus actual current lease program to work up a sample payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you. Just let me know what its full MSRP and approximate selling price are (or at least the MSRP & invoice price). You can find this pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi johnathon. Lexus Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 IS 250 Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00245 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00245 and 52%. You definitely don't want to lease for 60 months.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi johnathon. Sorry for the delay in my response. I took some time off for the holidays and I'm trying to catch up. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • mibrowmibrow Member Posts: 12
    Hey Car_Man,

Definitely, this forum has been very helpful for me to understand about lease a Car.

Yesterday i finally signed for the IS 250 AWD Base (MSRP=$34930).
    the final numbers were:
    signoff: $950 (it includes the first payment)
    monthly payments: $399+taxes 7% (35 payments)
    Residual = $22005
    term: 36 months
    10K miles

this was the best deal i could get, here in Miami for this car.

thanks a lot!!!
    Hey mibrow. I'm glad that you found this discussion so helpful.

Congratulations on getting your new IS. Thanks for taking the time to give back and share the details of your lease with everyone.

If you haven't already, make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews discussion to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Good morning Car Man:

Could you kindly provide the residual and rate factors for a 36/10 and 39/10 lease of a 2010 IS250 base model RWD with automatic transmission.

Many Thanks,

Steve
  • mmenardmmenard Member Posts: 68
    I'm not an expert on prices in NY but that seems very high. I got mine in December: IS250 with the Prem Nav. Package, MSRP 38,800 for $395/mth tax included! $2000 out of pocket.
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Hi Car Man:

Could you kindly provide the residual and rate factors for a 36/10 and 39/10 lease of a 2010 IS250 base model RWD with automatic transmission.

Many Thanks,

Steve
  • mikenymikeny Member Posts: 10
    Hi,
    I'm jut wondering what were your MF and residual back in December. I'm currently looking for a IS250AWD with Nav vs 328ix w/o Nav - trying to get my payment below 450/m including 9% tax. Where do you get Lexus monthly updates re: new MF and Residual ?

Thx Mike.
  • mjb27mjb27 Member Posts: 13
    So from reading this forum I had a pretty good expectation of what I'd be paying for an IS250. My goal was to get my payment between $400 and $450. I also wanted Nav and apparently the "luxury package" has to be included if Nav is in there or at least thats what they told me.

So here is the "great deal" they offered me yesterday when I went in to the dealership in NJ.

IS250 w/ Nav and luxury package
    MSRP $41,000
    Selling Price: $39,200
    Residual Value on 36 months: 63%
    Residual Value on 48 months: 54%
    Money Factor: .00225

36 Month Payment: $553 w/ $1,822 at signing including first payment
    48 Month Payment: $514
    Oh and that's with 10,000 miles a yr.
  • roushyboyroushyboy Member Posts: 11
    Are you for real? Couple of things I noticed..which I would double check with other dealers -
    1. Selling price is too high..
    2. Residual is too high for 36 months.. This is usually a good thing but I would make sure it is correct anyway.. And if the residual is 63%.... the Monthly payment can't be 550+.. did you try using online lease payment calculators?
    Just called another dealership in NJ and got this offer:

IS250 AWD w Nav and luxury
    MSRP: $40,865
    Selling Price: $38,251
    Res. Value: 63%
    MF: 0020
    Payment: $475

It seems that east coast 250's are all AWD making the price a lot different than SoCal or Miami. Again I'm looking to get payment in the low $400's. Is it even possible?
    You will prolly have to go south of VA to find non-AWD on the east coast. Try getting NAV only.. you may be able to pull the payment down to low 400s.
    I'm curious on how you can get IS250 with NAV only as per Lexus website the only available option is 4,305.00 with NAV + more ? I know that Edmund's pricing separates NAV as an option, but why such a discrepancy ?

Thx.
  • clsherrillclsherrill Member Posts: 2
    Can you please provide me the Rate factor and Residual for a 2009 IS250 RWD Auto and 2010? Also if there is any incentives that have been made available for either in February.

Thanks!
    Mine's AWD '08 with NAV, xenon and tail fin. No luxury package utilities. Looks like Lexus has changed their strategy on the NAV package.
  • ddotderekddotderek Member Posts: 3
    Can anybody please provide me the residuals & money factors for both Lexus IS Convertible models for 36 months/10k and 12k mileage? thanks.
  • kharrison13kharrison13 Member Posts: 11
    Dear Car Man,
    I am looking to lease a 2010 IS 250 RWD w/ Navigation in zip code 94551. I want a 36 month lease at 12,000 miles per year. The MSRP on the car according to Edmunds is 35,725 and invoice cost is 32,125, but when I was at the dealership yesterday they told me that some upgrades automatically come with the nav package and that MSRP is $38,900. I have great credit and am wondering what a "killer" deal would be. Can you provide me w/ info on what I should negotiate the selling price, money factor and residual amounts to be?
    Please please does anyone know the money factor for top tier credit on a 2010 is 250 12,000 miles per year 36 month lease. I have no idea where to start negotiating. I saw someone say they got .0012. Is that even reasonable?
  • georgiagirl13georgiagirl13 Member Posts: 24
    Car Man...Anybody,

I got 3 internet offers today from 3 different dealerships for the IS 250 AWD. All with Navigation, Premium Package, 18”alloy wheels. 36 months, 15k miles/yr.

Can you shed any light on whether these are good offers. And I am concerned about the variations in MF for all 3 deals, why aren't they all the same MF? They are all based on my Tier 1 credit.

Offer #1
    MSRP: $39,275
    Sale price $35,700
    Residual 60%
    MF .00240
    About $900 out of pocket
    $499/ month PLUS tax

Offer #2
    Selling Price $36,000
    Residual 60%
    MF .00200
    $1202 out of pocket
    $485+tax =$518.95/month

Offer #3
    MSRP: $38,586
    Selling Price $35,586
    Residual $23,151.60
    MF .00225
    $1,216.40 out of pocket (first payment and fees)
    $533.47/month INCLUDING tax

Thanks for your help.
    Hey Georgia Girl,
    I am working on just about the same deal as you are except I am looking for 12,000 miles per year instead of 15,000. I am in Northern Ca and was just emailed a quote for $977 down and $403/month for the 2010 IS 250 w/ navigation. I haven't gotten a response to my question of whether this includes tax or not but it still seems like you were quote pretty high. The money factor with tier 1 credit should be .002 so don't let them charge you higher than that!
    Hi kharrison13,

Thanks for your response! Yes, I agree my quotes seem high. I just wanted to make sure my assumption was correct. When I look at the quotes that others post on this forum they are usually for 12,000 miles not 15,000 so I wasn't sure how to compare mine because of the mileage difference. But I would assume that 15k miles wouldn't increase the payment by almost $100, you think?

Anybody out there know how much of a payment increase I should be expecting when I request 15k miles instead of 12k??
    From 12k to 15k increase would be on average 30-45$ a month.

Anybody with IS250 RWD experience during snowy weather- is it really bad ?

Thx
    Hi Guys,

Please advise. I got this quote today. This sounds like a good deal to me, what do you think??

Selling $34, 200
    Residual 60%
    MF .00200
    36 months, 15k miles/yr
    $1202 out of pocket
    $435+ 7% tax ($30.45) =$465.45/month
  • vickies1vickies1 Member Posts: 6
    Georgia girl,

Sounds like a great deal to me, BUT, I think most people on here will say otherwise. I don't know where these other "great" deals are located. I paid $3k out of pocket, 2010 IS250, 15k miles and my lease pymt. is $485 for 36 months. I am in the Chicago area.
    I'm in NJ. What is strange is I was quoted almost the same MSRP but with a selling price around $38k and my payment was $475 with 7% tax as well. If you're at $34k your payment should be a lot lower. Am I wrong?
    vickies1,

I agree, I too don't know how everyone else is able to get such great deals. Perhaps it has something to do with region? I'm in Georgia. I was thinking mine was good because it was only $1202 down and also it was 15kmiles instead of 12k. These leasing numbers always confuse me. I don't know what to do.
    mjb27,

They offered me a selling price of $34,200 and yours was 38K and the monthly payments are similar, it does seem like my montly payments should be lower. You think it has something to do with my money down being only $1202? How much did you put down? Also this one is for 15k miles instead of 12k. Was yours for 15k as well? I'm not sure what to do about this offer. I'm exhausted from this lease stuff.
    Anybody know where CAR MAN is? I'm still trying to decide if this is a good deal or not. Anybody else care to weigh in on this deal I was offered yesterday???

Selling $34, 200
    Residual 60%
    MF .00200
    36 months, 15k miles/yr
    $1202 out of pocket
    $435+ 7% tax ($30.45) =$465.45/month
    That might be the difference. I was doing 10k instead of 15, however I was putting down the minimum liKe you. The other difference I figured out from seeing much lower quotes is that in some regions like Cali and Florida they offer 2 WD where up north they only offer AWD which makes a big difference in price. $465 for 15k seems like a great deal.
    Hey Georgiagirl,
    If you multiply out the math on that, it seems a little high. Based off the figures above, I get a payment at $411. I know that your residual percentage is lower than most because you're driving 9,000 more miles over the life of the lease. You might ask them to break down the math. Lexus is running a promo this month (at least in my area) where you get a free months payment so make sure you take advantage of that. Also, you might ask them to throw in some of the maintenance. I am in the final stages of negotiating and here's what i've been quoted:

MSRP: $39,434
    Sales price: $34,000
    MF: .002
    Residual: 62%
    Down Payment: $977 (covers first months payment, tax, license and registration)
    Payment: $382 plus tax

This is for the 2010 w/ navigation, 36 months and 12,000 miles. Getting one month payment (the 2nd month) for free and Lexus is paying for $500 of the $1000 of service that the car will need for the life of the lease.
    Here you go, Steve. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 RWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00200 and 60%.

Like on the HS, this month Lexus is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this car...up to $500.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings clsherrill. Here's the information that you're looking for. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

This month Lexus is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this car...up to $500.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, ddotderek. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 Convertible with 12,000 miles per year are .00220 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 IS 350 Convertible are .00220 and 61%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 10,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kharrison13. If I was in the market for this car, I personally would shoot for a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice and the use of its buy rate lease money factor to calculate its payment.

Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 RWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey kharrison13. Please see my previous post for the numbers that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi georgiagirl13. According to the latest information that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 AWD is .00200. Shoot for that factor during your negotiations.

As far as the selling price goes, I personally would shoot for a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice. You can look up these cars' exact invoice prices over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey I just wanted to let you know I went to Lexus yeseterday and got the final numbers on my car in writing.

MSRP: 39275
    Selling: 33500
    MF .002
    Residual: 62%
    Down payment: $979
    Payment: $377 plus tax

I didn't like the way the maintenance program worked so instead of getting $500 worth of maintenance for free, they took an extra $500 off the selling price. (They originally quoted me $34000.) Again this is for 12,000 miles per year on IS 250 for 36 months w/ 18" wheels, upgraded headlamps and the premium nav package. I hope this helps! I'll be picking my car up next Monday!
    Holy crap. That's an amazing deal. Is that RWD or AWD? What state are you in? did that include the luxury package as well?
This discussion has been closed.