Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• mjb27mjb27 Member Posts: 13
    One more thing... I just priced this on the edmunds new car pricing thing and it's telling me invoice is about $36,700 so how are you getting it for under $34K even with the $500 deal?

I was looking for the same car(again I dont know if yours is AWD) and even with 10K miles per year and they wouldn't go much below $38,000.

I'm getting pretty frustrated here. I can't get my payment below $475 no matter who I talk to. I'm about to call off the search.
  • kdenverkdenver Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Back in June I leased a new 2009 IS 250 for 36 mo/36,000 miles. I am already 2,000 miles over where I should be to stay within the 36,000 miles and I plan on driving even more in the next 2 years. Is there a way to purchase an extra miles package now through Lexus Financial Services? Any idea on prices for these packages?

Thanks!!
  • chandi1chandi1 Member Posts: 4
    Hello Kharrison,

Your deal sounds like an awesome deal. I am also shopping around for a lease in California. What's your IS- AWD or RWD?

Thanks,

Wick
    Hello kharrison,

I am new to leasing. Is the down payments the same thing as the drive off? What was the total amount you put down? Was it 979.00 and this cover the tax, license, registrations, and first month payment? Would appreciate it if you could clarify this for me.

Thanks
  • ddotderekddotderek Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    I appreciate it Car Man, I have been searching for these rates since the beginning of the month, again, thank you!!! I ordered the car and here is what I got

2010 Lexus IS250c Ultrasonic Blue/Alabaster w/ Luxury/Navigation package..Fully Loaded...

36months/10k miles $3500 due at signing (2000 cap reduction, $695 acquisition fee, $495 first month payment, $300 tax/title

$495 + tax....for a fully loaded drop top, love the deal..
  • kharrison13kharrison13 Member Posts: 11
    It's rear wheel drive and I am in Northern, CA. I can't remember exactly what the luxury package includes but I believe the car has it. I know it has the premium nav package. I have it all in writing at home so I will check after work and get back to you.
    It is RWD.
    No problem. There is a drive off fee that I believe is $875 but they should include that when quoting you the selling price of the vehicle. There is also a $700 fee that I can't remember the name of but I believe it has something to do w/ the paperwork for the lease. That fee is not included in the selling price but you don't neccessarily have to pay it up front. They can work it into your monthly payment. The TOTAL amount that I am putting down is $979. That covers tax, license, registration and first months payment. Lexus is running a promo this month for a free months payment. I was told however that the free months payment works a little differently on a lease than a purchase. On a purchase, you don't make a payment the second month but on a lease, it's put into the rebate line instead therefore lowering each monthly payment you make by a few dollars. I feel that I got a great deal because I did research and learned how the math works on a lease. You should do the same. =) Let me know if you need help as it is very confusing!!
  • rahulgrahulg Member Posts: 28
    Hi Car Man

I am planning to finalize a deal on 2010 IS 250 C this weekend on Feb 20th. Would appreciate if you can help me with info on latest MF & residual for 36 mth / 15 k lease as I have heard MF is dropping due to recent Toyota recalls.
    2) Also, pls let me know if first month payment waiver is applicable for IS 250 Convertible also or its only for select category of cars.
    3)Finally, whether $ 500 rebate on maintenance service during year of ownership is applicable for this car or again its for select category of cars only.

Answer to third question is not that important if you dont have this info at hand but pls help me with info on atleast first two questions. Early reply would help me negotiate a better deal.

Thanks, Rahul
  • rahulgrahulg Member Posts: 28
    Hi, did they specify if first month waiver is only on select model of cars or its applicable for all models like IS 250 convertible? If you can check with your dealer on this that would be very helpful. I am sure he would give you this info readily since you have already purchased your car. It will help me negotiate on my car which I am planning to buy this weekend.
    Hello Kharrison,

Thank you so much for your information. I will let you know when I get some numbers.
    I'll see what I can find out but I believe the free months payment is on all models. Also, the $500 that I negotiated for maintenance is not a promo Lexus is running. I have been leasing a BMW for the past 3 years and all of my maintenance is included so I didn't like the fact that Lexus doesn't include it. I told the guy who was selling me my car that I wanted maintenance included. He said he could only cover half the cost which was about $500. Since I can get maintenance and oil changes done much cheaper thru places besides Lexus, I opted to apply the $500 towards the purchase price.
    Hey MJB,
    I pulled the info on the car and the upgrades include 18" wheels, high intensity headlamps, Nav, premium package value addition, rear lip spoiler and preferred accessory package. Vehicle base price is 33315, accessories are 5085 and drive off fee is 875. Hope this helps.
  • neoaragornneoaragorn Member Posts: 1
    Just leased a 2010 IS 250 from Putnam Lexus at Redwood City. Went there based on the feedback from a number of posts. Knew the price people had offered and was able to get a great deal.
    Worked with Khaled there and it was a very smooth pleasant transaction. walked in and walked out with a new detailed car in less than 2 hours.
    Ext: white int: beige
    36 month lease
    MSRP: 39500
    Cap Price: 33000
    Down: $985
    Monthly payment :434 (inclusive of taxes)

Thanks to everyone on the board for the guidance and the tips. It really makes the process a lot smoother. Hopes this helps other folks in their lexus quests :)
  • harcwharcw Member Posts: 3
    Just leased a 2010 IS 250 from Lexus of Kendall in Miami, FL. Easy experience with an honest salesman.
    Exterior: Truffle Mica (Gray)
    Interior: Ecra (Ivory with Gray accents)
    Premium Package (heated/ventilated seats, wood interior trim, perforated seats, HID headlamps, 18" Alloy Wheels with summer tires) - no navigation
    36 months/12K miles

MSRP: $36,345
    Negotiated Adjusted Cap Cost: $33,347
    $845 down (including first month)
    $440 total per month ($412 + $28 tax)

Also received $21,000 trade value for my 2007 IS 250. I realize I could have negotiated the cap cost down, but I really didn't care how they manipulated the numbers as long as I ultimately received the monthly price I desired.

Two additional comments for those shopping in the South Florida market:
    (1) Lexus of North Miami was willing to do this deal at $429/month, but didn't have the color scheme I wanted and offered to ship the car from another state (it would have cost an additional $15/month for freight).
    (2) Avoid JM Lexus because, in my opinion, they are overpriced and difficult to work with. This is now the second Lexus I have leased where JM has refused to entertain matching better offers I received from other dealerships, claiming that my numbers were "so off" and asking that I work with them on "more realistic numbers". All this after I was told via email from JM that "[w]hen it comes to price that is never a problem," "we never lose your business because of price," and "at JM Lexus we have an underprice policy and we will never be undersold."
  • stipmomstipmom Member Posts: 16
    Looking to lease one with nav in NJ.12000 miles a year for 36 months. What monthly payment should I expect? Any packages that seem to be on all cars with nav? Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi kdenver. You definitely should give Lexus Financial Services a call ASAP. Banks usually are willing to sell lessees additional miles on a per-mile basis at a discount early in their lease. That would be a much better option for you than just waiting until lease-end and having to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome, ddotderek. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Enjoy your cool new car :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, Rahul. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00220 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

I don't believe that the payment waiver offer is available on IS Convertibles. I don't believe that any cash incentives are available on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi stipmom. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you. However, in order for me to do so I need both its full MSRP (including the destination charge) and approximate selling price. If you don't know what selling price to shoot for, the MSRP and invoice price will work. You can find that pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    The MSRP is $40,855 and the invoice is $36,702. This includes nav and the Luxury Plus Value edition. I was told most Lexus's in New Jersey are coming in like that.

Without the Luxury Plus Value pkg the MSRP is $39115 and the invoice is $35,156

We are looking to roll all fees into the lease and just sign and drive it away at 12000 miles per year for 36 months. Thanks again
  • gjam98gjam98 Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2010
    Hi everyone,
    I'm looking to lease a auto '10 IS250 next week (Nav, Luxury Plus Value Edition)...MSRP $38,635, Invoice from edmunds is $34,725.

Can someone please tell me the March lease rates..residual and MF for IS250 Auto RWD. 3 yr lease with 10K miles. For 12K, how much does the residual change?

How much over invoice should I offer? monthly pmts--(I heard they also pay your first lease pmt right now)? I'm in LA..any good dealers to work with? First time buyer--I'll appreciate any help! Thank you!
    You haven't been posting so this is a repeat. Can you please tell me what I should target for my monthly payment for my IS250AWD with a sticker of $40855 and an invoice of $36702. Hoping to go to the dealer this weekend but am waiting to hear what you have to say. I live in NJ and the tax is 7% Planning to roll everything into the lease. Thanks
  • pricediggerpricedigger Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2010
    Just leased an IS250 from Keyes

MSRP of $39,225.00
    Cap Cost $35,137.61 (including $700 Aquisition Fee and Chrome Wheels)
    Residual: $25,373.25
    Out of Pocket: $1600
    MF 0.00200
    Term: 36 months (1st month payment paid by Lexus)
    10k miles per year
    Monthly payment including tax: $399.00

Do you believe this was a fair deal?
  • fizzboy7fizzboy7 Member Posts: 15
    Is that the real factory MSRP or the fake one they put on the window? I had a bad experience with Keyes trying to add on all kinds of "accessories" to the car and charging a 500% mark-up. This was their way of extracting as much money as possible from a deal while giving the impression they were offering a deal because they took something off the top. In the end, I was so insulted with their scheming, I left and went somewhere else. I hope they didn't gouge you with the chrome wheels. Other than that, it sounds like a pretty good payment and down payment. Congrats!!!
  • greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    Ugh.. I see you got roped into Keyes chrome wheels. I bet they told you that they're cheaper to repair/replace if something happens to them. Yeah, okay! I hope for your sake that you don't curb them or get in an accident that scratches or ruins them because they will rape you on that cost. Sorry, but I hate Keyes and think they're a bunch of lying scam artists. I love my IS, but I wouldn't buy from them if they were the only Lexus dealer on the planet. But yes, it seems like your payments are good, but that's probably because you're only doing 10k and the residual is pretty high. My payments are $17 more per month on an 09 with premium/nav/18" wheels, but my down was lower so it's probably pretty even with you, but I'm also getting 12k miles per year and my residual was much lower.
  • gjam98gjam98 Member Posts: 11
    Hey, what was the residual? Do you have it for 10K and 12K miles? Also, what did the $1600 out of pocket include?
    I'm trying to lease a IS250..not sure how much over invoice should I give them for a fair deal, with base rates and no mark-ups
    edited March 2010
    We initially received a faxed quote with same identical factory MSRP from another dealership but without chrome wheels. Keyes not only matched the deal but threw in chrome wheels (since they were already on their vehicle) "at no extra charge" to sweeten the deal. They also threw in Tire & Wheel protection plan. We were not looking for chrome wheels so does this mean we actually got a better deal than we could have imagined?
  • greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    Absolutely not. Keyes puts chrome on EVERY vehicle they get in so they can mark the vehicle up. They generally do the same thing with spoilers. Did they match the deal penny for penny on the actual down/monthly payments or the selling price? Cause I wouldn't be surprised if they screwed you on the back end of the lease. They tried to do that to me. And while the chrome might sound like a good idea now, it's going to turn into a nightmare when you turn your lease in if you have even a scratch on those wheels. And even if the deal is penny for penny the same as the other dealer offered you, you're not getting anything for free. The price of those wheels will be factored into the buyout of the lease and it wouldn't surprise me if part of the residualized cost of them is already being paid for by you now.
    Quite frankly they never once suggested that chrome wheels "were cheaper to repair/replace", but wouldn't they be an add on value? Tire and Wheel protection was also included in the deal depsite the fact that curb damage is not a covered benefit (only if curb damage was a result of having to avoid a road hazard). Perhaps the residual maybe higher but in all sincerity were more concerned about lease payment as we always return our vehicles at the end of lease term.
    Deal was matched penny for penny on down/monthly payment. Chrome wheels as well as Tire and Wheel protection were thrown as part of deal. Tire & Wheel protection does not include curb damage benefit - but it is my understanding that it would be if it were result of having to avoid a road hazard)
    Car man! Message 1295 has the details of the car I am looking for. What kind of lease should I shoot for? All fees will be rolled into lease.Thanks
  • tiger44tiger44 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I am interested in leasing a 2010 IS 250 Convertible. The MSRP is $44,600 and the asking selling price is $41,000. For a 36 month, $3,000 down lease with an expected use of 15,000 miles per year, what is a reasonable monthly payment?

Thank you.
  • annavicannavic Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to lease a 2010 IS 250...they said the MSRP is about 28,000 with the nav and they said they'd bring it down to 36,000 (around there). With a 3 year lease and 10,000 miles a year the monthly payments would be around 428. Then he said he could bring it down to 368 after taxes. He kept talking about how taxes are like $40...but in my last lease they never made that such a huge factor in the monthly payments. I was planning on putting down about $4,000 but after reading some posts on here it looks like putting more or less down makes no difference on the monthly payments. Is that correct?? I would of course like to have my payments as low as possible and I am going to walk away as many times as i have to in order to get a good price...I just dont want to be taken for a fool because I am a young girl who they probably think they can charge what ever they want. Any advice is greatly appreciated, looking forward to your reponses!!
  • seekingaudia4seekingaudia4 Member Posts: 66
    Reading the Edmunds new car page it seemed to me the 2011 IS250 will have a major facelift, am I mistaken?
    Hi stipmom. I've been around. I go through the discussions alphabetically so some times it takes me a couple of days to get back around.

Here's the payment that you're looking for. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 IS 250 AWD that has an MSRP of $40,855 and a selling price of $37,202 ($500 over dealer invoice) through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $476.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello tiger44. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 IS 250 Convertible that has an MSRP of $44,600 and a selling price of $41,000 through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $534.

If you were to make a $3,000 capitalized cost reduction, which I advise against doing, this car's payment would drop to around $444.

Car_man
    Host
  • radbluejay1radbluejay1 Member Posts: 6
    I am trying to lease a new 2010 IS250 AWD with Nav. The best price I've been quoted is 38,000. The dealer says the edmunds.com invoice / TMV values are incorrect likely because of a price increase that took place in January... so the invoice and TMV are artificially low. The best money factor I've been quoted is 0.00225. Dealer says it doesn't matter how good my credit is, that is the best money factor I can have. Even when I use their numbers and account for the stupid doc fee I do not get their payment number. I feel like I'm being taken for a total ride, no pun intended. Just not sure how to proceed when it seems like there cannot even be agreement published, validated data such as is available on edmunds.com Any suggestions?
  • seekingaudia4seekingaudia4 Member Posts: 66
    When I was at the Lexus dealer, they specifically asked me if I had leased through Toyota before, saying if the lease was recent, there might be some incentive as a repeat customer. My answer was no so we did not go further on that.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Recently lease a car? A reporter wants to hear about the deal you struck. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Wed, Mar 24, 2010 with a few words about your negotiation and/or incentive deal.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• longbeanlongbean Member Posts: 1
    I received this offer:
    2010 IS 250 RWD, nav, etc, MSRP 39375, Invoice 35250

One time lease payment for 36 months
    15K $16,105
    12K $15,359
    10K $14,896
  • ddotderekddotderek Member Posts: 3
    Hey Car_Man, I am curious to know what was the program for the lexus is250c/is350c for March? You gave me the rates for february and I ended up getting a blue lexus is250c for 36months/15k miles for 539+tax with 3k down. MSRP of the car was $48,525...did I get a good deal? great deal? or could I have done better. Im just really hoping that what im paying now is not would a is350c would of costed me if I would of waited a extra week:/
  • annavicannavic Member Posts: 2
    I just leased a 2010 IS250 and this is what my deal entailed:

10,000 miles/year 36 month lease
    3,5000 down and 389/month
    with navigation.

good deal????? i hope.
  • dee54dee54 Member Posts: 7
    ok, just finishing for lease with BMW (actually they are paying for payment of $551 for April on my 2008 528I) They will lease me a 2010 328i xdrive with $1800 down for all fees and $519 mo. for all bells and whistles except navigation. Is this a good deal? This lease is for 15,000 miles for 36 mos.

I have also looked at the 2010 Lexus IS 250 AWD for $1500 down for fees etc. $450.50 mo. for 15,000 miles for 36 mo. with all the bells and whistles including navigation and back up screen and a/c seating.

And then the Audi A4 Quattro 2010 Premium Plus for $1500 down for fees etc. $481. mo and a check back to me for $551. for the April payment on my BMW. Also 15,000 miles for 36 mos.

I like all the cars. Which is the better deal?

They all want me to take receipt by tomorrow.

Thanks for any help.

Dee54
  • gcdcgcdc Member Posts: 1
    Hi. We got a deal on a 2010 is250 that we are trying to figure out if it's a good deal. The sticker price on the car was 35,595 and the residual value is 67%. The sale price we got was 32k. 2300 down, 15k miles a year, 24 month lease for 417 (includes taxes). The mf is .00215.

Is this a good deal? Thank you very much
  • larock2010larock2010 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,
    I've been really helped by reading several of your posts. I hope you can help me with some specifics on what I can expect when walking in to ask for a lease on a new 2010 IS250 RWD somewhere in the LA area in the next two weeks.

I want to get the basic IS250 RWD 4DR Sports Sedan base model with no additional packages (no Navi, no Prem. Audio or Value Edition, no 18" wheels).

The MSRP is $34,190 including the dest, processing and handling fees. If the BRLMF is .00220 and the residual is 61%, and I am willing to pay $32,000 plus tax and registration, and I can put down $5,000 as a down payment, what will my monthly lease payment come to? Oh, sorry, forgot to add that I would take a 36 mo. lease at a min. of 12k miles per year.

Have I left anything out? Let me know and thanks for your answer re the monthly price. Also, any advice on which SoCal dealers are the easiest to work with?

many thanks
    LARock2010
  • eminded26eminded26 Member Posts: 4
    Quoted today

IS250AWD base, 10k miles per year, 36 months...

purchase price = $34,435

0-down all taxes & fees rolled into payment...
    $507 per month.

Seems really high to me -- what am I missing?
  • laderakingladeraking Member Posts: 69
    I can't seem to get Lexus dealers in Southern CA to do a O down deal. They say I have to pay first month and registration.
    I see other post in here showing 0 down deals,

Any insight welcomed...

Thanks
    Hi ddotderek. Congratulations on getting your new IS Convertible. Cool car :shades: .

Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00220 and 59%, respectively.

It would be easier for me to evaluate your deal if I had this car's selling price. Let me know what it is and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.