Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi smesposi. the key to getting a good deal on this lease will be to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you're interested in and then have the dealer calculate your payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Lexus financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor for a 2011 IS 250 Convertible is .00185 for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • matchstickmanmatchstickman Member Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone!

Does anyone know what the money factor and res. values are for a 2010 is350 this month are?

Thank you!
  • petermanpeterman Member Posts: 11
    Most if not all dealers have been sold out of 2010s for several months now as the 2011s started arriving back in August and September. If you've located a dealership that happens to have a 2010 on its lot, you should be able to negotiate a price well under dealer invoice. Car Man might have the money factor and residual values for you, but in this case, it might actually be more worth your while to lease a 2011 because you will be paying about the same amount in depreciation costs for a brand new, current vehicle as you would be for a vehicle from last year. If you were to be purchasing the vehicle, it would be a different story. This is part of the reason as to why a lease is often so appealing for a brand new car like a Lexus.
  • matchstickmanmatchstickman Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply, peterman. Yes, i have found a new 2010 and just trying to see if it would make sense.

Car_man, i have sent you an email. Can you help me?

Thank you!
    Hi matchstickman. Lexus replaced its lease support on the 2010 IS 350 with $3,000 dealer cash.

If you were to lease a 2010 Lexus IS 350 through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00210 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • fizzboy7fizzboy7 Member Posts: 15
    I noticed the So. Cal. IS250 lease special went from $319/mo in December to $349/mo in Janurary (same money down, same 2011 car). That is a huge jump. Did Lexus truly have a better deal for the Dec. to Remember program? The last five years I've observed IS lease rates, they've stayed low (or the same) after the Dec. event. What happened this year? I'd be pretty upset if I was shopping around in December but couldn't swing a deal until January.
    Hi fizzboy7. Lexus' lease program for the IS is slightly worse in January than it was in December. This model's money factors are around .00010 higher this month in most regions and its residual values are 1% lower. Sorry for the bad news.

Car_man
    Host
  • dam9017dam9017 Member Posts: 5
    Car_Man

What are the actual lease rates for IS250 AWD for January, I am hoping to use the end of month timing to get a good deal.
    I am interested in 15K for 36 months
    Greetings dam9017. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 IS 250 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • vtnardvtnard Member Posts: 2
    Any updates for Feb yet?? 36months 15k
  • dam9017dam9017 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks greatly appreciated.
  • bxxxmartinbxxxmartin Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man! Do u have the money factors and residuals for a 2011 IS350 for both 24 and 36 months, 15k miles per year? Thanks!
  • avexavex Member Posts: 37
    AFAIK the February 36 mo/15k mile IS350 money factor is .00175 and the residual is 55%. Not sure about 24 mo.
  • avexavex Member Posts: 37
    edited February 2011
    Car_man,

Can you explain how the Lexus loyalty discount works? I understand that if you're a current Lexus owner, you qualify for a $1,000 discount toward a new Lexus, as long as you lease or finance the vehicle. Lexus dealers have been advertising this discount on the IS for December, January and February.

What I don't understand is how it's applied. Is it applied like a coupon or cashback discount (i.e. Lexus reimburses the dealer for the full $1,000 amount), or is it a situation where the dealer absorbs all (or a portion of) the $1,000 discount?

Obviously, this is important when negotiating a price with the dealer. If you negotiate a price, and then spring a coupon on the dealer, he will happily honor the coupon because he knows he will be fully reimbursed by Lexus. However, if the dealer has to absorb all or part of the discount, he will probably factor the discount into your price. In other words, if the dealer isn't reimbursed for the loyalty discount, and you bring it up after you negotiate the price, the dealer will probably say: "I already factored the loyalty discount into your price quote."

This loyalty discount seems to be a real mystery, and I can't find solid information anywhere. Can you shed any light on this?
  • andyalienandyalien Member Posts: 1
    Please post February lease rates for IS 250 and IS 350 for 36 months / 10 and 12k a year
    Here you go vtnard.

Lexus Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 IS 350 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 ES 350 are .00175 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem dam9017.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, bxxxmartin.

Lexus Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 IS 350 with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00175 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    You're correct, avex. Lexus funds the $1,000 cash incentive, so it should not have any impact upon your ability to negotiate an attractive dealer discount on the car that you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi andyalien. Lexus Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 IS 250 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 IS 350 AWD are .00175 and 55%.

The residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher. The 10k residis are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • cutyouoffcutyouoff Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2011
    Hey to all!

I've been doing some research but I wasn't really able to find a direct answer to my question. Forgive me if I'm asking a question that has been answered in here already.

I plan to place a special order for a 2011 is350 rwd. I want to lease the vehicle so that when the third generation IS comes out, I can be left with two options, return the lease and possibly get into a third generation IS -OR- keep my second generation IS and buy it out after the lease is over.

The only way I would return my second generation IS and get into a third generation IS is if the third generation IS is appealing enough to my liking. Now if the third generation isn't to my liking, then I would just buy out my leased second generation IS when the lease is over.

Here's my question to whomever can help... can I discuss a buying price with the sales representative for a special order is350rwd and get the cost as close as possible to invoice or maybe even below invoice... AND THEN say I want to lease the vehicle for a low monthly cost + buyout price = discussed discounted BUYING price?

I want to spend as little as possible to be in a leased second generation is350 in case I plan on upgrading onto a third generation IS but if not, I want to be able to buyout the car for the discussed buying price. I have a dealership offering $1,000 above invoice.

My special ordered 2011 is350 rwd would consist of:
    -Navigation / Mark Levinson Premium Audio Package
    -Luxury Plus Value Edition

Lease Specifics:
    I plan on going with 12k/year ; $???/4yearLEASE ; how much could I lease a 2011 is350rwd for? For 4 years that is, so per month, how much?... what would be considered a good deal within the 5 boros of NY and in Long Island, NY.

I previously leased an is250awd for $560/36months with $0 down and 12k/yr, but the buyout cost came out to almost $42,000 or $44,000. That is insane for an is250awd with navigation and premium package value edition IMO.

In NY, is it illegal for dealerships to have a NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT policy for special orders? I've been told by a few dealerships that for special orders, they have a non-refundable deposit that must be placed, true or false?

Any input and feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance! :)
  • fizzboy7fizzboy7 Member Posts: 15
    Technically, all the pros tell us to negotiate as if we were buying the car. That is, working from invoice. Then after that number is agreed upon, reveal it's a lease instead. While it makes sense to deal that way, I've never seen a dealer go into negotiations w/o finding out first if you are buying or leasing. They want to know or they won't take you too seriously. Or if you conveniently forget to say you are leasing and go along as if you are buying (then switch after the determined price), I don't think they'll be too happy about you lying to them. So in other words, I think it's best to be honest and upfront in the beginning you want to lease. And then negotiate the same way you would as if you were going to buy... from invoice (not sticker).
    Hope that helps. Someone else may be able to add to this....
  • steadyeddienycsteadyeddienyc Member Posts: 7
    Fuel injection Problems- Lexus is buying the car back and refunding ALL the lease payments ect.. Which is great-

I am at odds on what to do next- The sales mgr gave me a call to come in and talk about getting me into a new LEXUS- at a " VIP" rate- what ever that means- What do I ask for? What should I be looking for? I am just confused at this point on the next right action-

All help is appreciated -

thank you
  • hankslotnikhankslotnik Member Posts: 1
    Hi -

Just leased a 2011 IS 250 RWD with the Navigation package and 18" wheels, 10K miles, 36 months for $435/mo and $1115 down (not including first month). This is in Los Angeles.

Curious to see how that stacks up with similar leases. Generally I go back and forth between 2 or 3 dealers and make them battle each other until one or the other tells me they can't go down any further. Feels like an effective way to get a good lease rate, although I do my research and negotiate on the sale price, as well.

How'd I do?

Hank
  • steadyeddienycsteadyeddienyc Member Posts: 7
    I am at 499.00 per mo. for IS250 AWD- fully loaded- with 700.00 up front cost- not including 1st month- In NYC- We both got a great deal-
  • lexpen64lexpen64 Member Posts: 11
    I came very close to leasing an IS350c before Christmas to get in on the DTR incentive but decided to wait for several reasons. I recently attended an IS Precision Tour Drive and Ride which I highly recommend to anyone who has the opportunity. One of the perks was a $1000 off certificate which can be used anytime before August. The certificate says "not to be combined with other offers". I am a current Lexus owner which would entitle me to the "loyalty" incentive when available which I understand it is currently. I also have a "savings card" from my local dealer which says to present for an additional $500 off msrp after I have made my "best deal". Of course I would want these discounts to apply after I had secured an invoice net price. Does anyone know if this will fly?

Also I would appreciate knowing the current residuals and money factors on a three year 10k per year lease for a IS350C
    Hey, whats a good monthly lease cost for $0 down, 48month lease on a 2011 is350 rwd in the 5 boros of NY. And whats the residual value for the car?

The 2011 AWD is out and thats whats common in the Northeast Region of the US where theres plenty of snow during the winters. I'm interested in the RWD though.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.
    So i figured out how leasing works with the monthly payments and what not on this web page....

http://www.leaseguide.com/lease08.htm

How does the mileage per year affect the price for the car... im guessin its what brings the residual value down?

Also, anyone know the residual value on a 2011 is350 rwd?

Thank you in advance
    Your guess is correct, cutyouoff. The higher a vehicle's mileage allowance is, the lower its residual value is. Changing from 10,000 to 15,000 miles per year lowers a Lexus vehicle's residual value by 3%.

Lexus Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 IS 350 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    ahh... i see. I'm learning a lot with those whole car leasing deal. Thank you for your reply, Car_man.

Being that it is March and I think I may be leasing a 2011 IS350 rwd sometime this month, could you provide me the numbers for it's residual value and money factor for the month of March. This would be a 36 month lease and 12,000 miles per year. Thank you!
    36 month lease AND 48 month lease... i would like to see the difference in numbers, please. thank you
  • lscnewportlscnewport Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know the March 2011 lease offers on the IS 250? Thanks
  • eyeguynjeyeguynj Member Posts: 5
    car man-- are the money factors and residual value different for the convertible? I'm looking for the current numbers for 36 months, 15k per year. Thanks
  • isloverislover Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2011
    i am looking at leasing a 2011 IS 250 RWD w/ premium package + 18" wheels

MSRP: $38,155

SELLING PRICE: $34,720 (invoice)

RESIDUAL: $19600
    TRADE IN: $14620
    PAYOFF: $18200

6% SALES TAX

MONEY FACTOR: .000375 (THEY ARE PUTTING ME AT TIER 4 - LEXUS)

$0 DOWN
    $0 FIRST PAYMENT

48 MOS
    12K MI/YEAR

$665 MONTHLY PAYMENT

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?

I THINK NOT - THINK IT COULD BE BETTER - THEY SAY IT CAN'T

PLEASE ADVISE !!!

THANK YOU
    =)

i would really appreciate a quick response as i'm looking to purchase this car ASAP
    You're welcome cutyouoff.

Lexus Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 IS 350 RWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Ah ha. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00175 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lscnewport. Lexus Financial Servies' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 IS 250 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi eyeguynj. Yes, the numbers are different for the convertible. Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 IS 250 Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings to the appropriately named islover. Dealer invoice is a very good selling price for a leased 2011 IS 250. The money factor that you were quoted is really high, but if your credit is not in good shape then you might not have much of a choice but to pay a higher rate.

Car_man
    Host
  • lexuslukelexusluke Member Posts: 2
    I am considering leasing a Lexus IS 250 awd with the navigation (b package) and 12k miles for 36 months. I have not gone into the dealer but have priced the car out on the lexus site to around %38k. My credit stinks! However, I was able to get approved for the following:

$640 with 0 down. I'm new to leasing so all this talk about money factors, etc. is a little confusing but here is what the Finance Manager told me over the phone...

My money factor = about a 12-13% and they are using a 51% risidual value. For the purpose of this quote they are using the IS250 and $35k amount.

Questions are...

I know my credit is not great but do the numbers above sound reasonable?

Does the residual value change according to your credit and if not is 51% right considering I see a few posts stating it should be around 57%?

So I can understand and considering what I stated above, if I put down 9 Multiple Dep payments, what would my new payment be?

If I did the 1Pay program, how much would the payment be?

Should I go in to the dealer, not tell them who I am and negotiate the deal first and then tell them about my dealings with the Finance Mgr?

Any other advice?

THANKS in advance.
  • lexuslukelexusluke Member Posts: 2
    and thank you by the way.

Let's assume someone has perfect credit.

They want to lease an IS250 AWD with Nav (Package b) for 36 months and 12k miles p/y. Let's assume the total price is 38k.

Now considering they have perfect credit, if they want to do the 1Pay program, how much more or less would the total amount of the lease be? Can anyone break down an example for me with the money factor and residual value.

Thanks again in advance.
  • agleungagleung Member Posts: 2
    Looked through the recent posts and only seeing sedan lease rates. What is the lease terms for 2011 IS 350C 12K/year for tier 1+? Same or different than 0.00175 57% 36 month 12K quoted for IS 350?
    I am also shopping BMW and noticed their lease terms vary across models and trims but seems, on paper, cheaper for convertibles.
    http://www.mbworld.org/forums/automotive-leasing-financing/390677-bmw-auto-lease- -programs-march-2011-a.html
  • rhpdevrhpdev Member Posts: 14
    I have a 2008 IS 250 AWD loaded (Nav and luxury options) which will have a lease termination in a few months. Typically I lease a new model year, but have considered a buyout this time. The car only has 25,000 miles on a 3 year 36,000 mile lease.

Does Lexus provide lease options on a buyout and any idea of what a new residual would be on a new lease?

Anyone have experience in going this route?

Thanks.
  • rhpdevrhpdev Member Posts: 14
    I continue to see references to a money factor of .00175 and .00185 for Tier 1. Are these based on location? I am getting a rate of .0021 in the central region with Tier 1.

Thanks
  • agleungagleung Member Posts: 2
    convertible money factor 0.00185 buy rate per local dealer with quote
    1440 drive off 619 monthly (8.75% tax included) for 36 months 12K/month
    18 inch all season wheels, nav, luxury package, windscreen and accessory package.
    I believe the money factor is negotiable down to the buy rate but YMMV

sedan money factor buy rate is 0.00175
    Hi lexusluke. An interest rate of 12% to 13% on a lease is pretty bad. If you tell me what your credit score is I should be able to give you and idea of what Lexus Financial Services' money factor is for the vehicle that you are interested in right now.

Vehicles' residual values do not vary by credit tier.

The last time that I checked, LFS' multiple security deposit program lowered vehicles' money factors by .00010, slightly less than a quarter of a point, for every additional deposit that is made.

The Advance Pay option should lower the money factor by .00100, or 2.4%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi agleung. Lexus Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 IS 350 Convertible with 12,000 miles per year are .00185 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rhpdev. I believe that the money factors that you have seen mentioned are natoinal. If you are being quoted a higher rate than these, you either don't qualify for LFS' Tier 1+ credit tier or the dealer is attempting to mark your car's factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • mycar17mycar17 Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2011
    I just did this deal:

2011 IS250, 12K lease, $500 down (includes first months payment and registration), $360/mo. plus tax
    Included free window tinting and free maintenace through 15K miles.

:D
  • smellsmokesmellsmoke Member Posts: 11
    Today I got an is 250,2011,12, and 36, nav,spolier,a/c seats and run flats,18" wheels.0 down $430.00 a month tax included
This discussion has been closed.